Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Countdown to the 2009 NBA Draft Lottery

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Just throwing this out there...what does everybody think about trading the 8th pick + Eddy Curry for an expiring contract?

I don't feel anybody available at the 8th pick will be a great player. I would rather trade up to get Rubio or trade it with Eddy to clear space. With the second option, at least we would be able to resign Nate and Lee and still get 2 stars in 2010.
    I proposed the same idea in another thread. Some users pointed out that it would be very hard.

I have to agree, since it has been stated this is a weak draft class. Most teams would probably avoid curry's contract to get the 8th pick. My only hope would be there is a team that really have a belief in X player at the 8th spot being something huge.

So tomorrow nights the night we find out where we pick.. Fingers crossed for a top 3!

So we have a 28 out of 1000 chance of getting the 1st pick! We're ****ed!

There's a 3.26% of 2nd pick & a 3.87% of landing 3rd!

Unless there's some sort of intervention we'll be picking between 7 & 10.

If we can't get either Lawson or Thabeet in that range, I can't see the worth in the pick to a degree. Unless of course we land a Van Exel-esque steal.

I hope the management aren't riding on this too much.

<table class="cnnTMbox" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500"><tbody><tr></tr><tr> </tr> <tr> <td class="cnnTMcontent"> <table class="cnnTM" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr class="cnnIEHdrRowBG"> <td class="cnnIEColHdrC">TEAM</td> <td class="cnnIEColHdrC">RECORD</td> <td class="cnnIEColHdrC">LOTTERY CHANCES</td> </tr> <tr class="cnnIERowAltBG"> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">--</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">--</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">(out of 1,000)</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Sacramento</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">17-65</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">250</td> </tr> <tr class="cnnIERowAltBG"> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Washington</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">19-63</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">178</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">LA Clippers</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">19-63</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">177</td> </tr> <tr class="cnnIERowAltBG"> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Oklahoma City</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">23-59</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">119</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Minnesota</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">24-58</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">76</td> </tr> <tr class="cnnIERowAltBG"> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Memphis</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">24-58</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">75</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Golden State</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">29-53</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">43</td> </tr> <tr class="cnnIERowAltBG"> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">New York</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">32-50</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">28</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Toronto</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">33-49</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">17</td> </tr> <tr class="cnnIERowAltBG"> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Milwaukee</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">34-48</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">10</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">New Jersey</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">34-48</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">9</td> </tr> <tr class="cnnIERowAltBG"> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Charlotte</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">35-47</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">7</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Indiana</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">36-46</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">6</td> </tr> <tr class="cnnIERowAltBG"> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Phoenix</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">46-36</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">5</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

tomorrow night we'll learn our fate, i pray we get a top 2 pick.

just the thought of rubio or griffin on our team has my physicked

i still remember how hyped every1 was last year thinking tht was our year to get rose or beasly. but all we can do is hope to get a top 2 pick. i read on a si.com rumor that the knicks value rubio higher than griffen so much that if they got the number one pick, theyd chose rubio. quite interesting

Stern help us like u helped the Bulls last year.

Lurker

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] New York will get in the top three this year, the NBA needs their market, and the lottery hasnt exactly looked far in the past. If they do there board should go, Blake Griffin, Ricky Rubio, than Hasheem Thabeet. Check this site out, really good for draft info like the knicks have a 72.4% chance of picking 8th.

24 hours to go!

My girlfriend who knows nothing about basketball predicted we will win the #2 pick! Go Knicks!

Superstar

"Unless there's some sort of intervention we'll be picking between 7 & 10."

Just to clear things up on the chances of where we'll pick. Here are the exact percentage chances.

8th pick - 72.4%
    9th pick - 16.8%
    3rd pick - 3.9%
    2nd pick - 3.3%
    1st pick - 2.8%
    10th pick - .8%

jst a thought, but if the knicks cant get a first or second pick wud it be smart to root for the wizards to get the second pick? they only want griffen and with agent zero there, getting rubio wud be pointless. the knicks cud offer a trade like this

Wizards Get

Larry Hughes
    David Lee
    Draft Pick?

Knicks Get

Etan Thomas
    Darius Songalia
    some1 else who doesnt make a lotta money
    Wizards first round pick

knicks give the wizards some luxury tax relief, and a promising young player. we **** our 2010 plan, but i really like rubio, as do a lot on this forum, and the knicks seem to be infatuated with him also.

wat u guys think? wud it work?

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Originally Posted by smokes
    24 hours to go!

My girlfriend who knows nothing about basketball predicted we will win the #2 pick! Go Knicks!
    i hope she's right.

So help us if we drop below expected again this year....LOL

But I'm looking at the lottery selections procedure, why so fishy and behind closed curtains for?

If the Knicks get in the Top 3, I'ma be there at MSG on Draft night....

I GOT THE KNICKS AS #1 in NBA DRAFT LOTTERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Since none of my other good luck charms/traditions have worked, I will be watching this Draft Lottery in the nude.

(Pause)

Superstar

I think the worst case scenario would be to see Toronto get lucky and move into the top 3. Then it would really make you think if the Knicks won 1 or 2 more games they would have been able to get Rubio or Griffin.

Seeing NJ move up would be a nightmare too..