Countdown to the 2009 NBA Draft Lottery

Scribbles

Rotation player
So help us if we drop below expected again this year....LOL

But I'm looking at the lottery selections procedure, why so fishy and behind closed curtains for?

If the Knicks get in the Top 3, I'ma be there at MSG on Draft night....

Scribbles

Rotation player
Since none of my other good luck charms/traditions have worked, I will be watching this Draft Lottery in the nude.

(Pause)

dave2138

Rotation player
I think the worst case scenario would be to see Toronto get lucky and move into the top 3. Then it would really make you think if the Knicks won 1 or 2 more games they would have been able to get Rubio or Griffin.

Seeing NJ move up would be a nightmare too..

LJ4ptplay

Starter
jst a thought, but if the knicks cant get a first or second pick wud it be smart to root for the wizards to get the second pick? they only want griffen and with agent zero there, getting rubio wud be pointless. the knicks cud offer a trade like this

Wizards Get

Larry Hughes
David Lee
Draft Pick?

Knicks Get

Etan Thomas
Darius Songalia
some1 else who doesnt make a lotta money
Wizards first round pick

knicks give the wizards some luxury tax relief, and a promising young player. we **** our 2010 plan, but i really like rubio, as do a lot on this forum, and the knicks seem to be infatuated with him also.

wat u guys think? wud it work?

That won't work. Lee is a restricted free agent. We can't trade him until we sign him to a deal and we can't sign him to a new deal until after the draft. Same goes for Nate.

Wilson Chandler is tradeable however. I'd be willing to trade him and our pick to move up to get Rubio. Hopefully that doesn't have to happen though.

JayJ44

Starter
**** david stern

Clippers, Grizzlies, and Thunder?!! WTF???

The Clippers will never be good, no matter how many draft picks they get. They should be kicked out of the lottery forever for being such a sad franchise. They don't care about winning, just profits.

Grizzlies suck too. Their management just cares about money.

Like the Thunder don't have enough talent. **** them too.

smokes

Huge Member
Wolves? Lol what about Kings, gg to their luck... Memphis and OKC are really gonna be beast teams soon if they keep getting lucky with picks.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Damn Sacramento didn't even make it Top 3 pick after 58 losses? I'm stunned to see Wizards picking at 5. Wow

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
yea meant Kings not wolves... c web is bad luck

I'm guessing Donnie is going to be fishing around this 8th pick but we'll see what happens

New New York

Quiet Storm
The Clippers are going to take Rubio and try to move Baron Davis per an article I read the other day.

If not, can we make a deal w/ Memphis to nab Rubio? Although Rubio,Mayo, and Gay looks like a team of the future.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
the clips dont deserve the first pick. im so mad that they got a chance to get griffen. now they are gonna ahve an even more clogged front line. heres my mock top five for now

Clips: Griffen
Grizzlies: Thabeet
Thunder: Harden
Kings: Rubio
Wizards: Hill

JayJ44

Starter
I think we'll be able to trade up into the top 2. Assuming Griffin is off the board, I think the Grizzlies would trade their pick. They have a bunch of PG's, and I think they're to cheap to pay Rubio's buyout clause. I've heard they're interested in Stephen Curry. Let's draft him, trade him to the Grizzlies for Rubio, add in whatever necessary.