Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Countdown to the 2009 NBA Draft Lottery

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

after Griffin and Rubio the players i would be happy if the knicks got are:

Ty Lawson, PG- gym rat and he's NBA ready wants to better, and will develop into a Deron Williams type PG.

Brandon Jennings, PG- Tony Parker mold pg with cat like quickness and sick handles, has a good jumpshot already just needs to get a more NBA ready body and have more intensity defensively he has the makings of a great perimeter defender. he's gonna be a superstar

Jrue Holiday, PG- Russell Westbrook of this draft he does everything and has huge upside could become a Billups type pg, a great leader who does a little bit of everything.

Tyreke Evan, PG/SG- Joe Johnson tyoe player who could handle the pg role and has an nba ready body and could produce immediately. just needs to work on shot selection and improve consistency

DeMar DeRozan, SG- sick athlete and is nba ready and has a good jumpshot already just needs to be more aggressive and take advantage of his size and body( no homo) he has the makings of becoming as sick player in the NBA

all these players are likely picks so with either one of those i will be happy.

we trade for a C preferably Chandler and our team will look good going into next season.

Ty Lawson is only 5'9 and should never be compare to Deron Williams. Some here think that Lawson will be such a high pick when he is not. I just don't see it happening and the Knicks are not getting him. If they do I'll be shocked if our team considers him a lottery pick. He is Top 20 but not a Top 10. This is my observation of his which doesn't mean much, but one should wonder how such a small point guard would fair with the physicality of the league.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Arod2k9
    Ty Lawson is only 5'9 and should never be compare to Deron Williams. Some here think that Lawson will be such a high pick when he is not. I just don't see it happening and the Knicks are not getting him. If they do I'll be shocked if our team considers him a lottery pick. He is Top 20 but not a Top 10. This is my observation of his which doesn't mean much, but one should wonder how such a small point guard would fair with the physicality of the league.
    If Ty Lawson is 5"9, then Deron Williams is 6".

Lawson is 5"11-6"
    Williams is 6"2-6"3

Lawson is top 10 quality and ready to produce unlike guys like Jennings, DeRozan and others.
    Do your research.

Lawson is 6'0, and height is overrated anyway. He's around the same height as CP3, and he does fine for himself.

Lawson is the fastest dude in this draft, excellent defense, good passer, excellent slasher, good shooter, and he's a winner. What else could you want from your PG? He would be perfect for this system too. He's the 2nd best PG in this draft, after Rubio.

The shot that Lawson he gets off in college will get blocked in the next level. I see him as TJ Ford type point guard and he has alot of potential. But some think he will be a superstar type point guard at 5'9 and I just don't see it. We are already getting abused inside, do you guys want to soft in the perimeter too. His arms are so small compare to a guy who I truly hate Rondo (huge hands and arms at 6'9).

I want somebody to be a pest at the backcourt, who reaches and swipes at guards all game long versus really good guards. Derrick Rose and Rondo are in that class. Lawson will get post up all day long and I really question some decision that some here will do if they were our general manager. Ouch...

do your research? I think there are NBA scouts out there who are doing a lot more research then anyone on this forum...you guys think he's some diamond in the rough that every team is just miraculously overlooking? everyone knows he's there and have a general idea of how he'll play, which for the most part i don't think is top 10 status, from what i've seen projections..

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Arod2k9
    The shot that Lawson he gets off in college will get blocked in the next level. I see him as TJ Ford type point guard and he has alot of potential. But some think he will be a superstar type point guard at 5'9 and I just don't see it. We are already getting abused inside, do you guys want to soft in the perimeter too. His arms are so small compare to a guy who I truly hate Rondo (huge hands and arms at 6'9).

I want somebody to be a pest at the backcourt, who reaches and swipes at guards all game long versus really good guards. Derrick Rose and Rondo are in that class. Lawson will get post up all day long and I really question some decision that some here will do if they were our general manager. Ouch...
    a pest? Lawson had 7 steals in the championship game...you''re being a fool who's judging players by their physical attributes instead of skills.

Lawson shot a higher percentage than any PG in this draft.

50%
    51%
    52%

Higher than all of Rondo's years at Kentucky, in a BETTER CONFERENCE.

Knicker23, I'm the best...stop being so dependant on these phony draft gurus.

They have no certification....so they're not really experts, getting paid to do it doesn't make you good. If that was true, Micheal Kay would be a great baseball announcer.

Do your research son.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    a pest? Lawson had 7 steals in the championship game...you''re being a fool who's judging players by their physical attributes instead of skills.

Lawson shot a higher percentage than any PG in this draft.

50%
    51%
    52%

Higher than all of Rondo's years at Kentucky, in a BETTER CONFERENCE.

Knicker23, I'm the best...stop being so dependant on these phony draft gurus.

They have no certification....so they're not really experts, getting paid to do it doesn't make you good. If that was true, Micheal Kay would be a great baseball announcer.

Do your research son.
    And the winner is... Metro!!!

15 days left!

lmao @ knicks needing another pg when nate is 10X better than any pg in draft

we need a true 6-5/6-6 sg with nate in the back, maybe someone like henderson who could score off dribble & off screen, i dont see the point of pg when nate can do it all, who cares if he was 6th man, look where that got NY this season, obviously he shoudlve been starting from the beginning

dumbass dantoni puts him in when they need a spark cuz the starters **** bricks

then they need a dam center

sg & center

or get rid of hughes, harrington, or lee in a trade for backup C and nice SG

Originally Posted by the portable man
    lmao @ knicks needing another pg when nate is 10X better than any pg in draft

we need a true 6-5/6-6 sg with nate in the back, maybe someone like henderson who could score off dribble & off screen, i dont see the point of pg when nate can do it all, who cares if he was 6th man, look where that got NY this season, obviously he shoudlve been starting from the beginning

dumbass dantoni puts him in when they need a spark cuz the starters **** bricks

then they need a dam center

sg & center

or get rid of hughes, harrington, or lee in a trade for backup C and nice SG
    We need a true point guard. A Kidd or Nash a Paul or a Williams. At 5.9", N8 considers himself an Iverson prototype when all he does (or ever has done) better than AI is dunk and dance like a baboon on pcp.

if N8 is better then Lawson now, then Lawson will by far be the superior point man within an absolute maximum of 3 years (It's an assumption but I'm sticking to it)

. If there were no such thing as a NBA daily top 10, then perhaps N8 would find some consistency. At least enough to get any props from me.

To consider him an Iverson, B Diddy or Agent 0 who he likens his game to, won't do the Knicks highly dependent future any favors.

I think he's another Rod Strickland at best.

Lawson>>>>>N8...(After 1 season).....IMO

I rather take a chance on Jrue Holiday over Jennings or Wall. Jrue has a more complete game then both of these guys with just as much or even more potential.

Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    We need a true point guard. A Kidd or Nash a Paul or a Williams. At 5.9", N8 considers himself an Iverson prototype when all he does (or ever has done) better than AI is dunk and dance like a baboon on pcp.

if N8 is better then Lawson now, then Lawson will by far be the superior point man within an absolute maximum of 3 years (It's an assumption but I'm sticking to it)

. If there were no such thing as a NBA daily top 10, then perhaps N8 would find some consistency. At least enough to get any props from me.

To consider him an Iverson, B Diddy or Agent 0 who he likens his game to, won't do the Knicks highly dependent future any favors.

I think he's another Rod Strickland at best.

Lawson>>>>>N8...(After 1 season).....IMO
    im tryna say that the team needs an SG & C more than a PG, a good shooter would've made most of those wide open shots hughes and chandler got during playoff run

and i dont see how N8 is like those guys u mentioned. last season was the first time he averaged close to starter minutes. he's a lot more durable and definately takes better shots than b.davis and AI, those guys at times dont even try to free up space for a shot, not to mention both have outdated crossovers and believe me when i say N8 is levels above both in every aspect. u think about all the privilege davis got on teams to play major minutes and his %'s & stats stink

N8's 17ppg 4apg 44fg% in just under 30mins is a lot more impressive to me, not to mention a very low TO ratio, him getting erratic at times is nature of every player in league

him averaging 20 and 8 as a starter next year getting 34-36 mins tho is very realistic, with a nice 6'6 SG sidekick, knicks would be unstoppable in terms of getting good looks, i mean 4 assists off the bench shows he's ready...guy is supposedly just a scorer who non-chalantly was also rackin up assists

itd be retarded not to give him that chance next season

Just throwing this out there...what does everybody think about trading the 8th pick + Eddy Curry for an expiring contract?

I don't feel anybody available at the 8th pick will be a great player. I would rather trade up to get Rubio or trade it with Eddy to clear space. With the second option, at least we would be able to resign Nate and Lee and still get 2 stars in 2010.

Thumbs up H20 to represent Knicks at lottery

Ten years ago, Allan Houston hit one of the most memorable -- and luckiest -- game-winning shots in Knicks' history to oust the Heat from the playoffs during their run to the Finals.
    Three days after the 10th anniversary of "The Shot," Houston will try to bring more luck to a franchise amid the least prosperous period in its history.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    The Post has learned Houston has been tabbed to sit on the dais in Secaucus, to represent the Knicks in the May 19 lottery that will determine their draft order. Houston sat on the dais in 2003 during the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Lottery and the Knicks landed the No. 9 pick, which they used on bust Michael Sweetney.
    Never have the Knicks needed more luck than in this lottery. Head coach [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] declined to go this year after he sat on the dais last May and the Knicks fell from fifth position to No. 6.
    The Knicks are seeded eighth, with a 2.8 percent chance of moving to the No. 1 slot and a 10 percent chance of landing a top-three position. The Knicks are praying they can get a crack at the draft's top two prizes -- Spanish point guard Ricky Rubio and Oklahoma power forward Blake Griffin -- in a lottery otherwise deemed weak.
    Houston's selection is an indication of his growing influence in the organization in his first year as special assistant to team president Donnie Walsh. Houston, who did college scouting in February and March, will be a part of the brain trust selecting their pick and is the possible heir apparent as Knicks GM.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Great choice.