Countdown to the 2009 NBA Draft Lottery

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
do your research? I think there are NBA scouts out there who are doing a lot more research then anyone on this forum...you guys think he's some diamond in the rough that every team is just miraculously overlooking? everyone knows he's there and have a general idea of how he'll play, which for the most part i don't think is top 10 status, from what i've seen projections..

metrocard

Legend
The shot that Lawson he gets off in college will get blocked in the next level. I see him as TJ Ford type point guard and he has alot of potential. But some think he will be a superstar type point guard at 5'9 and I just don't see it. We are already getting abused inside, do you guys want to soft in the perimeter too. His arms are so small compare to a guy who I truly hate Rondo (huge hands and arms at 6'9).

I want somebody to be a pest at the backcourt, who reaches and swipes at guards all game long versus really good guards. Derrick Rose and Rondo are in that class. Lawson will get post up all day long and I really question some decision that some here will do if they were our general manager. Ouch...

a pest? Lawson had 7 steals in the championship game...you''re being a fool who's judging players by their physical attributes instead of skills.

Lawson shot a higher percentage than any PG in this draft.

50%
51%
52%

Higher than all of Rondo's years at Kentucky, in a BETTER CONFERENCE.

Knicker23, I'm the best...stop being so dependant on these phony draft gurus.

They have no certification....so they're not really experts, getting paid to do it doesn't make you good. If that was true, Micheal Kay would be a great baseball announcer.

Do your research son.

Shaunyboy23

Benchwarmer
a pest? Lawson had 7 steals in the championship game...you''re being a fool who's judging players by their physical attributes instead of skills.

Lawson shot a higher percentage than any PG in this draft.

50%
51%
52%

Higher than all of Rondo's years at Kentucky, in a BETTER CONFERENCE.

Knicker23, I'm the best...stop being so dependant on these phony draft gurus.

They have no certification....so they're not really experts, getting paid to do it doesn't make you good. If that was true, Micheal Kay would be a great baseball announcer.

Do your research son.
And the winner is... Metro!!!

the portable man

Benchwarmer
lmao @ knicks needing another pg when nate is 10X better than any pg in draft

we need a true 6-5/6-6 sg with nate in the back, maybe someone like henderson who could score off dribble & off screen, i dont see the point of pg when nate can do it all, who cares if he was 6th man, look where that got NY this season, obviously he shoudlve been starting from the beginning

dumbass dantoni puts him in when they need a spark cuz the starters shit bricks

then they need a dam center

sg & center

or get rid of hughes, harrington, or lee in a trade for backup C and nice SG

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
lmao @ knicks needing another pg when nate is 10X better than any pg in draft

we need a true 6-5/6-6 sg with nate in the back, maybe someone like henderson who could score off dribble & off screen, i dont see the point of pg when nate can do it all, who cares if he was 6th man, look where that got NY this season, obviously he shoudlve been starting from the beginning

dumbass dantoni puts him in when they need a spark cuz the starters shit bricks

then they need a dam center

sg & center

or get rid of hughes, harrington, or lee in a trade for backup C and nice SG
We need a true point guard. A Kidd or Nash a Paul or a Williams. At 5.9", N8 considers himself an Iverson prototype when all he does (or ever has done) better than AI is dunk and dance like a baboon on pcp.

if N8 is better then Lawson now, then Lawson will by far be the superior point man within an absolute maximum of 3 years (It's an assumption but I'm sticking to it)

. If there were no such thing as a NBA daily top 10, then perhaps N8 would find some consistency. At least enough to get any props from me.

To consider him an Iverson, B Diddy or Agent 0 who he likens his game to, won't do the Knicks highly dependent future any favors.

I think he's another Rod Strickland at best.

Lawson>>>>>N8...(After 1 season).....IMO

Blas

Benchwarmer
I rather take a chance on Jrue Holiday over Jennings or Wall. Jrue has a more complete game then both of these guys with just as much or even more potential.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
We need a true point guard. A Kidd or Nash a Paul or a Williams. At 5.9", N8 considers himself an Iverson prototype when all he does (or ever has done) better than AI is dunk and dance like a baboon on pcp.

if N8 is better then Lawson now, then Lawson will by far be the superior point man within an absolute maximum of 3 years (It's an assumption but I'm sticking to it)

. If there were no such thing as a NBA daily top 10, then perhaps N8 would find some consistency. At least enough to get any props from me.

To consider him an Iverson, B Diddy or Agent 0 who he likens his game to, won't do the Knicks highly dependent future any favors.

I think he's another Rod Strickland at best.

Lawson>>>>>N8...(After 1 season).....IMO

im tryna say that the team needs an SG & C more than a PG, a good shooter would've made most of those wide open shots hughes and chandler got during playoff run

and i dont see how N8 is like those guys u mentioned. last season was the first time he averaged close to starter minutes. he's a lot more durable and definately takes better shots than b.davis and AI, those guys at times dont even try to free up space for a shot, not to mention both have outdated crossovers and believe me when i say N8 is levels above both in every aspect. u think about all the privilege davis got on teams to play major minutes and his %'s & stats stink

N8's 17ppg 4apg 44fg% in just under 30mins is a lot more impressive to me, not to mention a very low TO ratio, him getting erratic at times is nature of every player in league

him averaging 20 and 8 as a starter next year getting 34-36 mins tho is very realistic, with a nice 6'6 SG sidekick, knicks would be unstoppable in terms of getting good looks, i mean 4 assists off the bench shows he's ready...guy is supposedly just a scorer who non-chalantly was also rackin up assists

itd be retarded not to give him that chance next season

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Just throwing this out there...what does everybody think about trading the 8th pick + Eddy Curry for an expiring contract?

I don't feel anybody available at the 8th pick will be a great player. I would rather trade up to get Rubio or trade it with Eddy to clear space. With the second option, at least we would be able to resign Nate and Lee and still get 2 stars in 2010.

JayJ44

Starter
H20 to represent Knicks at lottery

Ten years ago, Allan Houston hit one of the most memorable -- and luckiest -- game-winning shots in Knicks' history to oust the Heat from the playoffs during their run to the Finals.
Three days after the 10th anniversary of "The Shot," Houston will try to bring more luck to a franchise amid the least prosperous period in its history.
KNICKS BLOG
The Post has learned Houston has been tabbed to sit on the dais in Secaucus, to represent the Knicks in the May 19 lottery that will determine their draft order. Houston sat on the dais in 2003 during the LeBron James Lottery and the Knicks landed the No. 9 pick, which they used on bust Michael Sweetney.
Never have the Knicks needed more luck than in this lottery. Head coach Mike D'Antoni declined to go this year after he sat on the dais last May and the Knicks fell from fifth position to No. 6.
The Knicks are seeded eighth, with a 2.8 percent chance of moving to the No. 1 slot and a 10 percent chance of landing a top-three position. The Knicks are praying they can get a crack at the draft's top two prizes -- Spanish point guard Ricky Rubio and Oklahoma power forward Blake Griffin -- in a lottery otherwise deemed weak.
Houston's selection is an indication of his growing influence in the organization in his first year as special assistant to team president Donnie Walsh. Houston, who did college scouting in February and March, will be a part of the brain trust selecting their pick and is the possible heir apparent as Knicks GM.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/05062009/sports/knicks/knicks_call_on_allan_for_lotto_167874.htm

Great choice.

Blas

Benchwarmer
Just throwing this out there...what does everybody think about trading the 8th pick + Eddy Curry for an expiring contract?

I don't feel anybody available at the 8th pick will be a great player. I would rather trade up to get Rubio or trade it with Eddy to clear space. With the second option, at least we would be able to resign Nate and Lee and still get 2 stars in 2010.

I proposed the same idea in another thread. Some users pointed out that it would be very hard.

I have to agree, since it has been stated this is a weak draft class. Most teams would probably avoid curry's contract to get the 8th pick. My only hope would be there is a team that really have a belief in X player at the 8th spot being something huge.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
So we have a 28 out of 1000 chance of getting the 1st pick! We're ****ed!

There's a 3.26% of 2nd pick & a 3.87% of landing 3rd!

Unless there's some sort of intervention we'll be picking between 7 & 10.

If we can't get either Lawson or Thabeet in that range, I can't see the worth in the pick to a degree. Unless of course we land a Van Exel-esque steal.

I hope the management aren't riding on this too much.

<table class="cnnTMbox" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500"><tbody><tr></tr><tr> </tr> <tr> <td class="cnnTMcontent"> <table class="cnnTM" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr class="cnnIEHdrRowBG"> <td class="cnnIEColHdrC">TEAM</td> <td class="cnnIEColHdrC">RECORD</td> <td class="cnnIEColHdrC">LOTTERY CHANCES</td> </tr> <tr class="cnnIERowAltBG"> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">--</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">--</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">(out of 1,000)</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Sacramento</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">17-65</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">250</td> </tr> <tr class="cnnIERowAltBG"> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Washington</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">19-63</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">178</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">LA Clippers</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">19-63</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">177</td> </tr> <tr class="cnnIERowAltBG"> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Oklahoma City</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">23-59</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">119</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Minnesota</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">24-58</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">76</td> </tr> <tr class="cnnIERowAltBG"> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Memphis</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">24-58</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">75</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Golden State</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">29-53</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">43</td> </tr> <tr class="cnnIERowAltBG"> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">New York</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">32-50</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">28</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Toronto</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">33-49</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">17</td> </tr> <tr class="cnnIERowAltBG"> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Milwaukee</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">34-48</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">10</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">New Jersey</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">34-48</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">9</td> </tr> <tr class="cnnIERowAltBG"> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Charlotte</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">35-47</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">7</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Indiana</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">36-46</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">6</td> </tr> <tr class="cnnIERowAltBG"> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Phoenix</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">46-36</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtC">5</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
tomorrow night we'll learn our fate, i pray we get a top 2 pick.

just the thought of rubio or griffin on our team has my physicked

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
i still remember how hyped every1 was last year thinking tht was our year to get rose or beasly. but all we can do is hope to get a top 2 pick. i read on a si.com rumor that the knicks value rubio higher than griffen so much that if they got the number one pick, theyd chose rubio. quite interesting

http://2009NBADraft.com New York will get in the top three this year, the NBA needs their market, and the lottery hasnt exactly looked far in the past. If they do there board should go, Blake Griffin, Ricky Rubio, than Hasheem Thabeet. Check this site out, really good for draft info like the knicks have a 72.4% chance of picking 8th.

smokes

Huge Member
24 hours to go!

My girlfriend who knows nothing about basketball predicted we will win the #2 pick! Go Knicks!

dave2138

Rotation player
"Unless there's some sort of intervention we'll be picking between 7 & 10."

Just to clear things up on the chances of where we'll pick. Here are the exact percentage chances.

8th pick - 72.4%
9th pick - 16.8%
3rd pick - 3.9%
2nd pick - 3.3%
1st pick - 2.8%
10th pick - .8%

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
jst a thought, but if the knicks cant get a first or second pick wud it be smart to root for the wizards to get the second pick? they only want griffen and with agent zero there, getting rubio wud be pointless. the knicks cud offer a trade like this

Wizards Get

Larry Hughes
David Lee
Draft Pick?

Knicks Get

Etan Thomas
Darius Songalia
some1 else who doesnt make a lotta money
Wizards first round pick

knicks give the wizards some luxury tax relief, and a promising young player. we **** our 2010 plan, but i really like rubio, as do a lot on this forum, and the knicks seem to be infatuated with him also.

wat u guys think? wud it work?