21 Reasons Not to Overpay David Lee

What should we do with David Lee?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Sheed has publicly stated he wants 8 million a year or he is retiring...
No shit!?

rasheed_wallace.jpg
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Position: PF
Born: 9/17/74????????? He's an old badger!!!!
Height: 6-11 / 2,11
Weight: 230
[/FONT]

$8m is a massive call!!!!! He's a bit rotund at the moment as well, 230lbs my ass...

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Sheed has publicly stated he wants 8 million a year or he is retiring...

IF HE WANT THAT MUCH AND REMAIN PUT ON THAT POSITION I PREDICT ANOTHER LATRELL SPREWELL. THE MOST HE WILL GET IS THE MLE AS HE IS 33 YO AND ALTHOUGH A GOOD DEFENSIVE PRESENCE AND GOOD SHOOTING WHEN HOT, HIS PRODUCTION HAS DECLINED AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO, AND ALSO HIS HOT HEAD MENTALITY DONT HELP.

ANU

Starter
i don't understand the bits about gallinari.that was utterly ridiculous. like his help defense wasn't at least decent.like he's not going to get better and stronger.

ANU

Starter
david's defense is trash.this team isn't winning anything without defense.play and simple.this ain't the greatest show on turf.

skelos

Rookie
With news that the MSG group might be up for sale, i dont think dlee or nate will be signed. we could possibly loose 2 valuable players for nothing. Despite all the knocks on lee for his defense teams around the league would be willing to acqire him and give us some valuable pieces where he might be able to shine in his natural role.

TunerAddict

Starter
Other people recognize DLee's inability to play Defense...I'm on a NBA forum now that I was invited to and guys from others teams(Celtics, TWolves, etc...) are noticing his lack of defense....Well atleast, some of them....Some think he is worth over 10 mil a year....

But the point I'm trying to make is that I think these other teams are knowing he isn't worth what he is asking so I think the Knicks MAY be able to offer about what he is really worth...around 7 mil...

jzero29

Rotation player
Agree and Disagree

JayJ44 I agree, we can't pay david lee 18 mill, that's ridiculous. 9 mill is closer, but still expensive. That quote you start with the 21 reasons, has many flaws. David Lee shooting jumpers is a good thing. Granted I don't want to see him shooting 20 a game from outside, but he's improving his game. Yes it takes away from his fg %. But it expands his game, keeps his man more on him if he was clearing out for a post scorer.
Secondly he doesn't mostly score on pick and rolls. He cuts and slashes to basket alot, is always in the right place to get the pass and easy bucket and he cleans up missed shots with put backs because he's offensive rebounding skills. His game isn't perfect but it is more balanced then you think.
Third lee plays PF and Center. Lebron SF and maybe some time at PF, gallinari right now is to light to play PF so he plays SF, 19yo,he's bound to gain weight and can move to PF with his height. They can play gallinari SF, lebron PF, Lee C, for a small but fast breaking lineup. They can get a real center and have gallinari off the bench replacing either. I see no problem with those 3 mixing it up. Even chandler mixed in. Gallinari isn't ready to start anyway.
It's right he has more to do with the 111wins then the countless losses. He's not a main piece, he's the glue that puts the peices together. He's the one who makes the superstars forget they missed a shot, by getting the O-Reb.
Of course he's outmatched defensively, he's not a true center. I know I said we could play him at center with lebron, but it'd really depend on the match ups and preferably not all game. But he could def give some good minutes at center.
Not a skilled passer? Well he's a big man, he's not going to pass like chris paul, but he's good for a big man, he can handle the ball decent, he's ampidextrous.
D'antoni not mentioning Lee doesn't mean much. I think it has more to do with the situation, if the coach says he wants him, it drives up his price lee , builds hope of NY'ers that knicks will get him. If his price tag inflates to much the Knicks may have to pass on Lee. You know he has fans back and if the coaches also, it will be a bigger blow to morale of the fans and team if they don't sign.
Resigning lee, is a great idea for the right price. 6-9mill tops. I'd love to get him for Q riches money or maybe Malik roses. or even better if we dumped curry's salary. I think he's worth having more then Harrington.
Lee brings a lot of little things to table. He's a hustle player. Much like oakley was, except Oakley played with a shot blocking center W/ decent scoring guards, he was tougher but less athletic. But the hustle, effort and heart is there.

paris401

Starter
. David Lee shooting jumpers is a good thing. Granted I don't want to see him shooting 20 a game from outside, but he's improving his game. .

he can't hit a jumper from past 5ft... he is pitiful from the outside... i had a better outside shot then lee playing outside at at jhs 51 , years ago... and i sux'd...