I feel bad for Marbury, having to carry the Celtics

Is Marbury the best player on the Celtics?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

smokes

Huge Member
The point is, without being antagonizing to Marbury supporters, this thread was made in homage to him, you left him open to exposal by creating it, people have exposed him for his dire play, and the author and other Marbury fans are getting abusive and so serious about it all.

No, Marbury didn't lose this series for the Celtics, he didn't play well either. Nor did a lot of other C's who have a much bigger impact on their team anyway.

The bullshit is getting tiresome now...

Toons

is the Bo$$
smokes....we are ona knick site, lobbying for marbury supporters?? what has he done as a knick? just as much as jamal crawford and zach randolph.....put up nice individual numbers, but are losers. I once supported crawford, but i realized how much of a loser he was, and now imglad he is gone, doing nothing on golden state. why do we give a flying **** about who supports players? last time i checked this was a knicks site, for knick players. im sure marbury has a site to accomodate his stans....

jimkcchief88

All Star
Well with Boston out of the playoffs, hopefully this will end the Stephany Saga. At least Boston won 2 rounds with that idiot on their roster. The fact that he had a very reduced role is the only reason Stephany will have any playoff series wins on his resume. Since Stephany is such a great teamate maybe he will reward Pierce, Rondo, Allen, Big Baby and Kevin House with a Rolex or something for carrying him along for the ride. Maybe all of Steph's fans will follow him to the Euroleague so the rest of us can get back to talking basketball again. Like was said by many before, Stephany is a cancer and adding him to your playoff roster is the kiss of death.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Why is it, that throughout all these Stephony battles, I have never seen or heard of this before?

Just post it every time.....!

Word. So I guess Steven A don't know squat about hoops either, he just gets big cheddar to talk about it. Been saying the same thing since I joined this board. They should have a reverse jersey retirement for Stephony's Knick jersey. No future Knick should have to ever wear that number again so not to be connected to Stephony. Stephony's name should be striken from the stat sheet, never to be uttered in Knicks lore again.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Well with Boston out of the playoffs, hopefully this will end the Stephany Saga. At least Boston won 2 rounds with that idiot on their roster. The fact that he had a very reduced role is the only reason Stephany will have any playoff series wins on his resume. Since Stephany is such a great teamate maybe he will reward Pierce, Rondo, Allen, Big Baby and Kevin House with a Rolex or something for carrying him along for the ride. Maybe all of Steph's fans will follow him to the Euroleague so the rest of us can get back to talking basketball again. Like was said by many before, Stephany is a cancer and adding him to your playoff roster is the kiss of death.

Biased, ignorant, and watered down posters like yourself is what will keep the Marbury discussions coming.

It is obvious that all you do is repeat everything that the media says verbatim, without actually watching the games. That is the only way someone could make such a foolish post.

1. Marbury made it to the second round of the playoffs, because he was signed to a team that actually had talent on it. It had nothing to do with his reduced role. Marbury had to play the 4x Champion San Antonio Spurs, 3x Champion Los Angeles Lakers, and 2x Eastern Conference Champion Nets, without Allan Houston and Tim Thomas, on his matchups prior to the one with the Bulls. Your foolishness makes it seem as if Marbury lost to crappy teams, in the first round, when in fact, he lost to teams that won multiple conference and NBA titles.

2. Marbury might come back to the NBA, next year, so don't get too happy about him going to the Euroleague.

3. The Celtics lost, because they did not have Kevin Garnett, and because it is hard for a team to win a championship on two consecutive seasons. Only a handful of teams have done it, out of the 30 teams that are in the NBA.

4. Get out of here, sucka!
03-6.jpg

Last edited:

Toons

is the Bo$$
3. The Celtics lost, because they did not have Kevin Garnett, and because it is hard for a team to win a championship on two consecutive seasons. Only a handful of teams have done it, out of the 30 teams that are in the NBA.

They lost because they got were tired, and the magic are better. The bulls almost beat them without deng....

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Real question is, Will any team sign Marbury next year?

My guess is no.

Depends on how much money Marbury wants. If Kwame Brown can get 8mill for 2 years, Marbury can get 2-3 years at MLE. So I think he can get a 3 year deal at around 16-18 mill. If he wants more there is a strong possibility he will go to Europe or end up like Spreewell.

TunerAddict

Starter
Depends on how much money Marbury wants. If Kwame Brown can get 8mill for 2 years, Marbury can get 2-3 years at MLE. So I think he can get a 3 year deal at around 16-18 mill. If he wants more there is a strong possibility he will go to Europe or end up like Spreewell.

Its different though.

A 7 footer can ALWAYS get money. Rasho Nesterovic has gotten money, and might again this summer.

portega1968

El Cacique
if he's willing to take the veteran's minimum, I can see him getting signed by Portland or Sacramento.. they desperately need a PG cause what they have is just not good enough.

Plus, the Maloofs have never shied away from controversial players.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
They lost because they got were tired, and the magic are better. The bulls almost beat them without deng....

I disagree with your statement about the Magic being better than the Celtics, but I do agree that the Celtics were tired. They had to play two consecutive seven game series, and it is hard to win a championship, if you're always trying to win a series at the last game.

The Celtics are known for playing long, worn down series. All of their playoff victories, in the 2008 playoffs, came in 6 or 7 games; the fact that the Bulls almost won the series is not surprising.

I think the Celtics might have beaten the Magic, even without Garnett, had Paul Pierce played better, in game 7, and had Doc Rivers used Mikki Moore, instead of playing a four guard alignment which ultimately allowed the Magic to score at the basket at will.

Oh, well. The Magic won. Good luck to them. They played hard to get where they are now.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Biased, ignorant, and watered down posters like yourself is what will keep the Marbury discussions coming.

It is obvious that all you do is repeat everything that the media says verbatim, without actually watching the games. That is the only way someone could make such a foolish post.

1. Marbury made it to the second round of the playoffs, because he was signed to a team that actually had talent on it. It had nothing to do with his reduced role. Marbury had to play the 4x Champion San Antonio Spurs, 3x Champion Los Angeles Lakers, and 2x Eastern Conference Champion Nets, without Allan Houston and Tim Thomas, on his matchups prior to the one with the Bulls. Your foolishness makes it seem as if Marbury lost to crappy teams, in the first round, when in fact, he lost to teams that won multiple conference and NBA titles.

2. Marbury might come back to the NBA, next year, so don't get too happy about him going to the Euroleague.

4. Get out of here, sucka!
03-6.jpg

Oh my bad. What Stephony made it to the second round 10 years ago or something??? Forgettable. If Stephany was as great as Team Starbury preaches, then Stephany should have been able to step in and contribute. His playoff stats say it all. Washed up. Have fun watch you fav play in the Euroleague. No GM in the NBA touches this idiot with a ten foot pole unless he has a death wish. Maybe the so-called media is right about this one... As for me, never liked this from the beginning. Worst Knick on record by far when you look at pay vs. effort.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Oh my bad. What Stephony made it to the second round 10 years ago or something??? Forgettable. If Stephany was as great as Team Starbury preaches, then Stephany should have been able to step in and contribute. His playoff stats say it all. Washed up. Have fun watch you fav play in the Euroleague. No GM in the NBA touches this idiot with a ten foot pole unless he has a death wish. Maybe the so-called media is right about this one... As for me, never liked this from the beginning. Worst Knick on record by far when you look at pay vs. effort.

Yeah, because we all know Jerome James, Jared Jeffries, and Eddy Curry all deserve their huge contracts.

Marbury got the Knicks to the playoffs, and he averaged 18.2 points and 6.8 assists, during his time with the Knicks.

Nobody on the current Knick roster got the Knicks to the playoffs, therefore, your statement is false.

Marbury also provided solid defense and passing, during his time in Boston. His jump shot was off, but he only got 11.9 minutes per game, in the playoffs.

Marbury is still on the Celtic roster. Sorry, hater, but Marbury has not officially gone to the Euroleague.

You can moan, bitch, and scream all you want, but it does not change the fact that Marbury is still in the NBA. Until his name is off the NBA roster, he is still a part of the NBA, whether you like it or not.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Im gone for a few weeks and haterburys are still mad :lol:

Unfortunately, whenever someones the best at anything, they're gonna also have the most haters.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The best 1.6APG point guard in the league? Possibly :lol:

Hes the reason why they won game 5...as great as he is, even he couldnt help that sorry team beat the magic. Starbury was the only player that could come off the celtics bench and play some defense. He didnt play his best but he was the best player off that celtics bench. House is a bum and so is tony allen. He needs to find a better team in the offseason, without washed up bums like pierce and kevin garlic. Hes in great physical shape, anyone that watched the games can tell. But he didnt always have his confidence on offense but next year is a new year and i would love to see him go to a team like the Lakers or the Magic. Hes still got some good years ahead of him.

JayJ44

Starter
Magic would be good fit for him. They need a good, scoring PG who can play defense. Especially if Nelson doesn't recover from his injury well.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Magic would be good fit for him. They need a good, scoring PG who can play defense. Especially if Nelson doesn't recover from his injury well.

they already have nelson and alston, they have no need for marbury. i only hope he doesnt stay in boston cuz i cant root for him as long as he remains a celdick. but as long as he stays drama-free, many teams would love adding a experienced veteran off the bench.

TunerAddict

Starter
Wiz are talking about acquiring him...

But he'd have to drop the ego and take little $$$.

Caron, Jamison, and Gilbert take up the majority of the cap there.