I feel bad for Marbury, having to carry the Celtics

Is Marbury the best player on the Celtics?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Marbury is the biggest idiot the league has had since he came to it. Even before he was drafted he was talking shit that he wouldn't play for the Bucks/Clippers. He quit on the T-Wolves because jealous of Garnett and his 126 million contract. He then quit on Nets because he hated Keith Van Horn. He quit on the Suns under D'antoni. He then quit on the Knicks for so many reasons and people on this site still worship him?

It is incredible to think that some here don't understand the value of being a true professional which Marbury was ever with any team. It was all about his 20/8 games and never sacrificing to make others better. All the talent he once had, because I would have chossen him over Iverson in 1996. The guy was simply incredible those first few seasons in Minnesota but everything went south when he wanted to play closer to home. He is a head case and the Mike Tyson of the NBA.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Marbury is the biggest idiot the league has had since he came to it. Even before he was drafted he was talking shit that he wouldn't play for the Bucks/Clippers. He quit on the T-Wolves because jealous of Garnett and his 126 million contract. He then quit on Nets because he hated Keith Van Horn. He quit on the Suns under D'antoni. He then quit on the Knicks for so many reasons and people on this site still worship him?

It is incredible to think that some here don't understand the value of being a true professional which Marbury was ever with any team. It was all about his 20/8 games and never sacrificing to make others better. All the talent he once had, because I would have chossen him over Iverson in 1996. The guy was simply incredible those first few seasons in Minnesota but everything went south when he wanted to play closer to home. He is a head case and the Mike Tyson of the NBA.

The inaccuracies of your post makes me understand why you have a baseball player's name above your avatar.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

KBlack25

Starter
Marbury has performed.

He helped the Celtics come back to win game 5, against the Magic. If it wasn't for him, the Celtics would have lost that game, and there would not have been a game 7.

Marbury also helped the Celtics blowout the Bulls, in Game 3 of the first round. He set up great passes for Paul Pierce and Ray Allen, and he knocked down a couple of 3 pointers to put the Celtics up by 23.

So he performed because he made no difference in Game 3? The team was already up by 17 points, so because he hit a couple of 3 pointers that means he performed? He set up passes for Pierce and Allen? He had a meager 5 assists, in that game. Glen Davis had more.

Again, he had one game where he made a difference, against the Magic in Game 5. He hasn't made me sorry, every other game he hasn't been good at all. Someone else here put up the playoff numbers, they aren't good. So, he hasn't performed overall.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Game 7:
3 turnovers
1 assist
4 pts on 25% fg

Hahaha!! What an awful performance. He even ran out of bounds on one play. Too funny. Mebury Lovers lost.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Game 7:
3 turnovers
1 assist
4 pts on 25% fg

Hahaha!! What an awful performance. He even ran out of bounds on one play. Too funny. Mebury Lovers lost.
Damn you LJ I wanted that post so badly!

It's kind of weird to me that MSGMebury33 started this post just to keep Marbury on the site, but at the same time, leaving him open to exposure. Particularly when he has one of history's most rotten game 7s. It was always gonna be the way though I guess. The man was born to lose!

Oh well, could be his last game in the NBA? It's a shame he was never as good as he thought. If he was, I'd be a fan and he'd be a champion.

As Charles Barkley famously quoted: "He just doesn't get it" and now it's gone.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Game 7:
3 turnovers
1 assist
4 pts on 25% fg

Damn you LJ I wanted that post so badly!

It's kind of weird to me that MSGMebury33 started this post just to keep Marbury on the site, but at the same time, leaving him open to exposure. Particularly when he has one of history's most rotten game 7s. It was always gonna be the way though I guess. The man was born to lose!

Oh well, could be his last game in the NBA? It's a shame he was never as good as he thought. If he was, I'd be a fan and he'd be a champion.

As Charles Barkley famously quoted: "He just doesn't get it" and now it's gone.

Your financial status, swagger, style, ability with the ladies and class, 0

Marbury's financial status, swagger, style, ability with the ladies and class, priceless

Mastercard-logo.png

Bow to your master, b!tch.
iconphotostwo139192-111408knicks13a-stephon-marbury.jpg

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
The inaccuracies of your post makes me understand why you have a baseball player's name above your avatar.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ABCD,

How did your boy do tonight? He completely embarrassed himself tonight and in the playoffs. I hadn't seen somebody played so tight...Damn Marbury makes Greg Anthony a LEGEND! Hope this was his last NBA game.

I can't wait for the Magic @ Cavs series!

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
talking about charles barkley he got the pregame predictions on the orlando game right on the money. but marbury/starbury/mebury's, w.e u refer him as, situation is going to be interesting. do the celtics sign him back up since hes an unrestricted free agent. do they have doubts about them? will another team take a chance on him? does he want a starting role? this is going to be a interestingoffseason for stephon. i dont hate him, and i hate the celdicks so i hope he goes elsewhere and plays better. but if he decides to stick with them i will root against him and hope he puts up bad numbers. and for a funny thought, what about bringing steph and me-myself-and-iverson to charlotte together with larry brown :D

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Well I have to give Marbury credit b/c he carried the Celtics straight to the house.

Thank you Marbury!!!!!!!:peace::beer::thumbsup:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
So he performed because he made no difference in Game 3? The team was already up by 17 points, so because he hit a couple of 3 pointers that means he performed? He set up passes for Pierce and Allen? He had a meager 5 assists, in that game. Glen Davis had more.

Again, he had one game where he made a difference, against the Magic in Game 5. He hasn't made me sorry, every other game he hasn't been good at all. Someone else here put up the playoff numbers, they aren't good. So, he hasn't performed overall.

lmao What a manipulator. GAYBlack is at it again, twisting people's posts.

The Celtics were only up by 10, when Marbury entered the floor, in game 3 of the Celtics and Bulls. If you saw the game, you would have known that. The lead ballooned to 23, with Marbury on the floor.

Game 7:
3 turnovers
1 assist
4 pts on 25% fg

Actually, you lost, LGAY.

Don't try to backpedal now.
weird-fat-man-eating-burger.jpg

(LGAY caught backpedaling.)

You were one of the people who thought Marbury could not make it passed the first round of the playoffs, and he proved you to be a jackass and an ignoramous.

Despite all of LGAY's moaning and groaning, from all the pipe he was taking in the ass and mouth from D'Antoni, Marbury still made it to the second round of the playoffs.

ERW_steel_pipe.jpg

(The same pipe D'Antoni shoved up LGAY's ass and mouth.)

Despite all of LGAY's screaming and pushing, as if he was 9 months in labor with Isiah Thomas' son, Marbury was on a team that won over 60 games and competed in 14 playoff games.

yager.jpg

(LGAY caught screaming and pushing)

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
ABCD,

How did your boy do tonight? He completely embarrassed himself tonight and in the playoffs. I hadn't seen somebody played so tight...Damn Marbury makes Greg Anthony a LEGEND! Hope this was his last NBA game.

I can't wait for the Magic @ Cavs series!

Actually, you completely embarrassed yourself with this ignorant post. Marbury is a bench player. It is the job of the starters to win the game.
Marbury barely got any playing time, and the Magic scored 0 points off of Marbury's turnovers. Marbury played good defense, and he did a good job of setting up the offense. It's not his fault that Doc Rivers chose to use a 4 guard allignment(a lineup that took away the Celtic's rebounding and defense).

The Celtics lost, but I don't care. Like I stated on other posts, I don't like the Celtics. I only watch them in the playoffs, and I was only interested in watching them, because Marbury was on their team. If Marbury goes to another NBA team, I will completely stop watching the Celtics, because I never liked the team to begin with.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Your financial status, swagger, style, ability with the ladies and class, 0

Marbury's financial status, swagger, style, ability with the ladies and class, priceless

Mastercard-logo.png

Bow to your master, b!tch.
iconphotostwo139192-111408knicks13a-stephon-marbury.jpg
Ohhh the cavalry is back! Charging in with your too-too again.....

Seriously, do you have a cape? Would you like a medal? Or a chest to pin it on.....

You sir, are a wanker.:whatever:

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Actually, you completely embarrassed yourself with this ignorant post. Marbury is a bench player. It is the job of the starters to win the game.
Marbury barely got any playing time, and the Magic scored 0 points off of Marbury's turnovers. Marbury played good defense, and he did a good job of setting up the offense. It's not his fault that Doc Rivers chose to use a 4 guard allignment(a lineup that took away the Celtic's rebounding and defense).

The Celtics lost, but I don't care. Like I stated on other posts, I don't like the Celtics. I only watch them in the playoffs, and I was only interested in watching them, because Marbury was on their team. If Marbury goes to another NBA team, I will completely stop watching the Celtics, because I never liked the team to begin with.

Your points are good except for this. Tell this to Jason Terry, Manu Ginobili, Travis Outlaw, JR Smith, and Nate Rob.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Your points are good except for this. Tell this to Jason Terry, Manu Ginobili, Travis Outlaw, JR Smith, and Nate Rob.

Those guys you mentioned get the same minutes as starters and have bigger roles on their teams. You can't compare those to Marbury, who got very limited touches and averaged 11 minutes a game against Boston.

Pricey

Rotation player
Game 7:
3 turnovers
1 assist
4 pts on 25% fg

yes cause the entire Boston Celtic lineup all played well apart from Marbury......

Toons

is the Bo$$
in the words of kenny smith 'if you cant play well with the boston celtics, you cant play anywhere..."

go to europe like u told us all before the season started. marbury went in a different direction first,

Toons

is the Bo$$
Actually he said he'd consider Europe after his contract was up. So thats not true.

take marbury's dick out of ur a$$ for a second...
your star player said he is considering Europe after the season
imagine the aura in the locker room when the 'star' is publicly saying he might not even be here next year....imagine the coach who he has not even played one game for...

dumb ass