View Poll Results: Is Marbury the best player on the Celtics?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Starbury >> Magic Johnson

9 50.00%
  • Rondo lost

0 0%
  • Garnott is old

1 5.56%
  • Pierce is old

0 0%
  • Whens the draft lottery?

6 33.33%
  • Lebronze lost

2 11.11%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: I feel bad for Marbury, having to carry the Celtics

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

if he's willing to take the veteran's minimum, I can see him getting signed by Portland or Sacramento.. they desperately need a PG cause what they have is just not good enough.

Plus, the Maloofs have never shied away from controversial players.
    Last edited by portega1968; May 21, 2009 at 17:04.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by Toons
    They lost because they got were tired, and the magic are better. The bulls almost beat them without deng....
    I disagree with your statement about the Magic being better than the Celtics, but I do agree that the Celtics were tired. They had to play two consecutive seven game series, and it is hard to win a championship, if you're always trying to win a series at the last game.

The Celtics are known for playing long, worn down series. All of their playoff victories, in the 2008 playoffs, came in 6 or 7 games; the fact that the Bulls almost won the series is not surprising.

I think the Celtics might have beaten the Magic, even without Garnett, had Paul Pierce played better, in game 7, and had Doc Rivers used Mikki Moore, instead of playing a four guard alignment which ultimately allowed the Magic to score at the basket at will.

Oh, well. The Magic won. Good luck to them. They played hard to get where they are now.

Veteran

Originally Posted by abcd
    Biased, ignorant, and watered down posters like yourself is what will keep the Marbury discussions coming.

It is obvious that all you do is repeat everything that the media says verbatim, without actually watching the games. That is the only way someone could make such a foolish post.

1. Marbury made it to the second round of the playoffs, because he was signed to a team that actually had talent on it. It had nothing to do with his reduced role. Marbury had to play the 4x Champion San Antonio Spurs, 3x Champion Los Angeles Lakers, and 2x Eastern Conference Champion Nets, without Allan Houston and Tim Thomas, on his matchups prior to the one with the Bulls. Your foolishness makes it seem as if Marbury lost to crappy teams, in the first round, when in fact, he lost to teams that won multiple conference and NBA titles.

2. Marbury might come back to the NBA, next year, so don't get too happy about him going to the Euroleague.

3. The Celtics lost, because they did not have Kevin Garnett, and because it is hard for a team to win a championship on two consecutive seasons. Only a handful of teams have done it, out of the 30 teams that are in the NBA.

4. Get out of here, sucka!
    Oh my bad. What Stephony made it to the second round 10 years ago or something??? Forgettable. If Stephany was as great as Team Starbury preaches, then Stephany should have been able to step in and contribute. His playoff stats say it all. Washed up. Have fun watch you fav play in the Euroleague. No GM in the NBA touches this idiot with a ten foot pole unless he has a death wish. Maybe the so-called media is right about this one... As for me, never liked this from the beginning. Worst Knick on record by far when you look at pay vs. effort.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Oh my bad. What Stephony made it to the second round 10 years ago or something??? Forgettable. If Stephany was as great as Team Starbury preaches, then Stephany should have been able to step in and contribute. His playoff stats say it all. Washed up. Have fun watch you fav play in the Euroleague. No GM in the NBA touches this idiot with a ten foot pole unless he has a death wish. Maybe the so-called media is right about this one... As for me, never liked this from the beginning. Worst Knick on record by far when you look at pay vs. effort.
    Yeah, because we all know Jerome James, Jared Jeffries, and Eddy Curry all deserve their huge contracts.

Marbury got the Knicks to the playoffs, and he averaged 18.2 points and 6.8 assists, during his time with the Knicks.

Nobody on the current Knick roster got the Knicks to the playoffs, therefore, your statement is false.

Marbury also provided solid defense and passing, during his time in Boston. His jump shot was off, but he only got 11.9 minutes per game, in the playoffs.

Marbury is still on the Celtic roster. Sorry, hater, but Marbury has not officially gone to the Euroleague.

You can moan, bitch, and scream all you want, but it does not change the fact that Marbury is still in the NBA. Until his name is off the NBA roster, he is still a part of the NBA, whether you like it or not.
    Last edited by abcd; May 25, 2009 at 21:36.

Im gone for a few weeks and haterburys are still mad

Unfortunately, whenever someones the best at anything, they're gonna also have the most haters.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Im gone for a few weeks and haterburys are still mad

Unfortunately, whenever someones the best at anything, they're gonna also have the most haters.
    The best 1.6APG point guard in the league? Possibly

Originally Posted by smokes
    The best 1.6APG point guard in the league? Possibly
    Hes the reason why they won game 5...as great as he is, even he couldnt help that sorry team beat the magic. Starbury was the only player that could come off the celtics bench and play some defense. He didnt play his best but he was the best player off that celtics bench. House is a bum and so is tony allen. He needs to find a better team in the offseason, without washed up bums like pierce and kevin garlic. Hes in great physical shape, anyone that watched the games can tell. But he didnt always have his confidence on offense but next year is a new year and i would love to see him go to a team like the Lakers or the Magic. Hes still got some good years ahead of him.

Magic would be good fit for him. They need a good, scoring PG who can play defense. Especially if Nelson doesn't recover from his injury well.

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    Magic would be good fit for him. They need a good, scoring PG who can play defense. Especially if Nelson doesn't recover from his injury well.
    they already have nelson and alston, they have no need for marbury. i only hope he doesnt stay in boston cuz i cant root for him as long as he remains a celdick. but as long as he stays drama-free, many teams would love adding a experienced veteran off the bench.

Wiz are talking about acquiring him...

But he'd have to drop the ego and take little $$$.

Caron, Jamison, and Gilbert take up the majority of the cap there.

The Scumtics wish they offered Starbury more money

Starbury >>> Nate the Fake

Funniest Thread Ever! Whatever happened to team Starbury (I left the forums in the middle of the "Starbury Wars".) This awesome bunch also said that Jamal Crawford was a horrible player (went on to become sixth man of the year.) Stephon Marbury will go down as one of the worst cases of wasted talent and inflated ego. He had all the tools and off the court he has been tremendous in helping out the less fortunate with his Starbury clothing Line. I don't feel bad for him at all as he is RICH and he has been successful off the court. But clearly he was not meant to be a "Professional" basketball player as he is just plain dumb. As for those who believed he was any good on Boston or now in China, you guys are delusional and in need of serious help while you continue to ride his dick like an MSG intern to this day...lol R.I.P. Stephon Marbury and all your brain dead supporters you will not be missed.
    Last edited by BleedOrange&Blue; Nov 09, 2010 at 22:54.

Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    Funniest Thread Ever! Whatever happened to team Starbury (I left the forums in the middle of them.) Stephon Marbury will go down as one of the worst cases of wasted talent and inflated ego. He had all the tools and off the court he has been tremendous in helping out the less fortunate with his Starbury clothing Line. But clearly he was not meant to be a professional basketball player. As for those who believed he was any good on Boston or now in China, you guys are delusional and in need of serious help...lol R.I.P. Stephon Marbury and all your brain dead supporters you will not be missed.
    Chinabury >> your life

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Chinabury >> your life

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    heres another brain dead block head internet "g" now. Keep sucking Marbury...

Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    heres another brain dead block head internet "g" now. Keep sucking Marbury...
    This faggits still mad...it aint even worth if for me to entertain you. Your a nobody on here, everyone skips by your posts. By going back and forth with you, i'd only be doing you a favor. Instead im just gonna hit you up with some neg rep