Curry to the Knicks?

TunerAddict

Starter
A rumor that has been gaining steam is that the Knicks will select Stephen Curry with their 8th pick. We've received word that there could be truth to this from inside sources claiming that Curry chose to put his name into the draft this year based on the Knicks assuring Curry that they would use their lottery selection to draft him.

Obviously a lot could happen between now and the draft. The Knicks could always win the lottery (they're not using a top 3 pick on him) or trade their pick.

But it appears to be a legitimate possibility that if the Knicks have the 8th pick on draft night they will use it on Curry. Curry's game would fit extremely well in Mike D'Antoni's wide open style and his scoring ability would be enhanced.
http://www.nbadraft.net/node/5605

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stevie

Benchwarmer
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
One Curry is enough. Why would we draft a better version of JJ Reddick. If we dont wind up with Rubio or Jennings, draft is a fail

Toons

is the Bo$$
lebron made comments about curry....he likes him, maybe its a ploy to get lebron.....curry's J is madd wet

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Well, I gotta admit, the only way I can watch this guy is on youtube. From what I can see, he's a cross & fire player...Hence the likening.

CoolClyde

another curry, oh no!

typical choice for the No-D'antoni style of play. All offense, no defense, ignoring the Knicks need for a shot-blocking center and true point guard.

not another
curry.jpg

Scribbles

Rotation player
I don't think I want to see the name Curry on the back of any other Knicks jersey again LOL

And if it is a ploy to lure LeBron, that is mad lame and gay.

GetRealistic

Starter
This is if we stay at the 8th pick or fall lower people. Its also an "if" promise. "If" Somebody doesn't slip to us.. "If" we don't make a trade before hand. "If" we don't work out somebody in the next month that impresses us.

People need to relax these promise articles always come out this time of year i wouln't worry to much about it. And if were at the 8th pick and players like Thabeet, Blake, Rubio, and Harden are off the board i could live with Steph Curry.

I know it most likely would never happen but if you had Harrington, Curry, and Gallinari on the floor spreading the opposing teams defense out Eddy Curry could dominate games. Thats if he ever got into shape. Which like i said is doubtful.

sealy23

Rookie
Anyone have any opinions on Eric Maynor?

The couple of games I saw him in, he was pretty impressive. If we get a pick b/w 8-10, why not trade down and try to recoup a 1st for '10 draft, while grabbing a solid PG in a deep PG draft.

Personally I don't see Curry's game translating to the pros. He reminds me of a Quincy Douby type guy. Though maybe he could turn into a Rip Hamilton type guy. Who knows

I wouldn't mind the Maynor scenario at all, but of course I'm hoping for Rubio at 2.

check him out the dude can play:
http://www.theknicksblog.com/2009/03/09/keep-an-eye-on-eric-maynor/

New New York

Quiet Storm
Maynor is projected to go anywhere from 18-20 in the Hoopshype/NBA Draft Express Mock Draft, and Chad Ford had him going as high as 10 2 weeks ago. I say if we slide all the way down to 20 we better be getting a shot blocker in return. If he slid to 21 and we made a deal w/ NO to bring Chandler to NY for a contract and our 8th pick, I'd be cool with that.

JayJ44

Starter
Rumor False, Curry Promised Nothing

There is no promise from the Knicks to Stephen Curry that they will select the Davidson star with their first-round pick in the June NBA draft.

"I don't know where that came from," Dell Curry, Stephen's father, told Newsday on Tuesday. "There's no truth to it."

And with that, the first internet-driven rumor of this year's draft -- certainly not the last -- has been squelched.

A draft-focused Web site, NBAdraft.net, on Monday reported a rumor that the Knicks had promised Curry, who led the NCAA in scoring with 28.6 points per game, that they would have selected him if they remained at the No. 8 overall spot. The site went on to suggest that Curry, a junior at Davidson, declared for the draft based in part on that promise from the Knicks.

But the elder Curry, who played 14 seasons in the NBA and is advising his son before he signs with an agent, quickly shot it down.

"That definitely wasn't the reason for Stephen leaving school," Curry said. "I don't know how you can guarantee anybody stuff this early. The lottery results haven't even come out."

The NBA Draft lottery will be held next Tuesday in Secaucus, N.J. The Knicks, seeded eighth, have a 2.8 percent chance to win the first-overall pick.

Curry, a 6-3 point guard, is believed to be high on the Knicks' draft list. But there are others, such as Spaniard Ricky Rubio, Memphis' Tyreke Evans, North Carolina's Ty Lawson and even UCLA's Jrue Holiday that are also expected to get serious consideration.

The Knicks can begin bringing in players for individual workouts in early June.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spcurry0513,0,3927908.story

jzero29

Rotation player
Crazy question,

the draft order hasn't been picked yet right? there is a small chance the knicks could move up. I forget how many teams are in the lottery, but if there are 14, the knicks could possibly get bumped back, If one of the teams behind the knicks get moved up. Like if the 14th team wins the first pick, most likely the knicks will be pushed back. Unlikely but, It happened last year. You never know.
So there is no way to guess, because you'd imagine that the teams(undetermined) would pick according to needs of the team. So I'm sure we are not the only team with the need for a prolific scorer like Curry.

dave2138

Rotation player
Yeah, Curry seems like he will be a Monta Ellis/healthy Dajuan Wagner type of player. Like I said before, its a boring pick..you get a scorer, but not much else.

The Knicks have about a 17% chance of moving back to #9.
A 10% chance of getting a top 3 pick. I think its safe to say we will be picking #8 and if there is any talk now, it should be about who to take at #8. Its always fun though to imagine that we will get #1 or 2, but not that realistic for that to happen 2 years in a row.

jzero29

Rotation player
Yeah, Curry seems like he will be a Monta Ellis/healthy Dajuan Wagner type of player. Like I said before, its a boring pick..you get a scorer, but not much else.

The Knicks have about a 17% chance of moving back to #9.
A 10% chance of getting a top 3 pick. I think its safe to say we will be picking #8 and if there is any talk now, it should be about who to take at #8. Its always fun though to imagine that we will get #1 or 2, but not that realistic for that to happen 2 years in a row.
last year we got bumped back a pick.fromr 5th to 6th I believe. Someone scored a top 3 pick and leap frogged us pushing us back a pick. I think it was chicago, were way back at 9th with a 1.7pct chance to win lottery and won 1st pick. Then the rest followed order. but effectively moving us from 5th worst record, to 6th pick. We actually have almost a 1% chance of dropping to 10th. I'd bet money we don't drop to 10. But it could happen. It would be nice if we could get one of the top 3 spots.