is there any way Knicks could get Pau Gasoft?

quiggle

Starter
he'd seem to fit in D'Antoni's system, good offensitve skills, 0 defensive skills and questionable heart during crunch time. I've never seen a 7'0" not even attempt to put his arms out to contest a shot. After Lakers get eliminated Sunday, maybe they would consider moving him.

metrocard

Legend
I don't think his defense is THAT bad as compared to Amare or other lazy defenders, Gasol definately isn't a brute defender, but he would play well next to a shot blocker.

Gasol is going no where though, he was the missing piece for LA and turned them into an elite team, without Pau, Lakers would just be an 8th seed team.

johnstarky

Rotation player
he'd seem to fit in D'Antoni's system, good offensitve skills, 0 defensive skills and questionable heart during crunch time. I've never seen a 7'0" not even attempt to put his arms out to contest a shot. After Lakers get eliminated Sunday, maybe they would consider moving him.

Pau Gasoft was exposed during the NBA finals last season by Kevin Garnett and if it wasn't for his offensive liability he would be a 7ft David Lee.Don't get me wrong, he is a very talented player but I would never build a team around a player like him unless I was getting Dwight Howard to be my starting center and Lebron James as my small forward.

The Lakers will win game 7 since Houston got blown out in LA the last time they played there but I don't think that the Lakers could beat Denver or Cleveland in a 7 game series.The last person that I would want to see win another championship is Kobe Bryant.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

Pau Gasol is a good defender. He has good help defense, and he can blocks shots. Just because he doesn't average 3 blocks a game doesn't mean he is soft. How many NBA players average 3 blocks? 1? 2 maybe.

How can the Lakers lose to the Rockets, if the Rockets are playing game 7 in Los Angeles, and Yao Ming & Tracy McGrady are both injured?

Pau Gasol is not going to get traded from the Lakers; he got them to the NBA finals last year, and he most likely will help them win a championship this year.

Kiyaman

Legend
Pau Gasoft was exposed during the NBA finals last season by Kevin Garnett and if it wasn't for his offensive liability he would be a 7ft David Lee.Don't get me wrong, he is a very talented player but I would never build a team around a player like him unless I was getting Dwight Howard to be my starting center and Lebron James as my small forward.

Last season Gasol did'nt have much help vs Celtics bigmen: D.Brown, Pose, Perkins, and K.G..

Dont let the 7 games fool u into thinking the Lakers are not getting this Championship ring...

metrocard

Legend
If any fools on this site still think Gasol is soft should of watched today's game where Gasol dominated the toughest frontcourt in the NBA.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I've been a huge Gasol fan, since about '04. The dude is a force, comparable to Patrick Ewing, though not as dominant in the paint or as good of a jump shooter. Still, he has a lot of the same skills set, plays with the same heart and energy, and, most of all, does something very rare, in that, like Ewing, he can change the game for a team. He does this by scoring the ball in the paint and delivering the best passes of any big man in the league, very consistently and at a high percentage. On the other end, he closes out on penetrators and blocks shots. Combined, this helps his team control the pace of games and allows a team that was a 42 win team to become a 67 win team.

Your soft statements boggle the mind. How on Earth could a player that's soft average 10 rebounds, per game, sixth in the league, and 3.2 offensive rebounds per game, 4th in the league? Logic would dictate that a soft player would not be taking opponents' boards away from them, at a rate that is the fourth best in the NBA. Pau Gasol also averages 1.7 blocks per game, for his career, on top of all of those rebounds. His help D is also as good as any other player in the league, he always picks up an offensive player that has beat one of his teammates off the dribble.

Gasol has also proven himself a true franchise player, leading Spain to world championships and a silver medal, in last year's Olympics. He also led Memphis, a bottom feeder in this league, to 50 win seasons, on three consecutive seasons, in the tough Western Conference, while given bums like Battier, who has shown how much he sucks in these playoffs, and Mike Miller as his 2nd and 3rd options. Give Gasol a team to lead that has a couple of decent shooters on it and that team would be for real. Had the Knicks gotten him, so as to use him to play with Marbury and Crawford, we would have had a contender, in my opinion.

All you lames heard soft on TV, so now you repeat it, exposing yourselves, rather than Gasol. Why aren't you saying something original about him, or anyone else? Because your basketball knowledge is weak and based exclusively on what you hear from the so-called experts. It's sad to see this, when what a sports forum is supposed to be about is turning our backs on lazy, unoriginal journalism, produced by people who aren't even fans of the game, and producing our own, informed analyses. Most of the people on this site defeat that purpose, save a few posters, who are at least original and go against the grain, i.e. metro and abcd, amongst a few others. Instead, you bring the garbage we all hear on TV into what's supposed to be a forum for people who really know basketball. You're the same type of people as those who had heard about Ewing missing a finger-roll and then tried to use that to negate everything else he had done, because they knew nothing else about him. You're the same as those the-Knicks-are-better-with-Camby-instead-of-Ewing people.

My goal, with this post, was to educate you fools on the truth of Gasol. The soft stuff is BS, as stated by Van Gundy, Kobe, Phil Jackson, Hubie Brown, Mark Jackson and numerous other announcers and experts. As someone who actually watches basketball, and who doesn't have faith that many of you do, I concur with what they have to say. Boston won, in '08, in my opinion as a true follower of the sport, because Kobe shot 40% from the field and the laker point guards, 3 in total: Vujacic, Farmar and Fisher, combined for 3 APG, for the entire series, focusing on jacking up bad shots, instead of passing. Gasol averaged a meager 9 touches per game, in that series, which basically took away his ability to impact the series, something he has stated in response to the soft label. Today, he got 19 touches and converted 10, for 21 points, to go with 18 rebounds and 3 blocks. Please, before you speak, watch some ball, don't just repeat the BS spread by the lazy sports media.

And Datruth, you're right, Gasol isn't going anywhere... by himself: his team is going with him, to win it all, largely because of him, as Kobe has said himself. Kobe wanted out of LA, until Gasol arrived and, with Gasol, formed the NBA's best duo, one that brought a perrenial 8th seed back to championship contention. the facts speak for themselves, they don't need you or the BS sports media to translate them into BS.

Finally, this thread is a joke. Gasol is a two time all star, leading scorer in the Olympics, last year. He's also top 10 in almost every category. There's no way the Lakers would trade a guy that turned them from a perennial playoff pushover back into a contender. LMAO @ Quiggles with 0 defensive skills and at starkys whole post.

Last edited:

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
No way LA lets go of him. He's the best 2nd option on the NBA.

lol u jst said the same thing jeff van gundy said. and @og, i dont think gasol is really near ewing, but as mark jackson said, dont look at what pau gasol cant do, but what he can do. 21 pts 18 reb 3 blks and smart passes isnt half bad if u ask me lol.

metrocard

Legend
front court is not that tough without yao ming, and gasol isnt going anywhere

They're the toughest.

Hayes
Scola
Landry
Battier
Artest

GTFO...please bro.

Gasol dominated all those dudes...Gasol was dominant tonight, and has never got any real credit in his NBA career. Look at what happen to Memphis when Gasol left and look what happen to LA. Dude plays to win the game. He's the smartest big man in the NBA also.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
They're the toughest.

Hayes
Scola
Landry
Battier
Artest

GTFO...please bro.

Gasol dominated all those dudes...Gasol was dominant tonight, and has never got any real credit in his NBA career. Look at what happen to Memphis when Gasol left and look what happen to LA. Dude plays to win the game. He's the smartest big man in the NBA also.

are u serious?? none of those dudes are over 6'9 and are a good individual defenders besides artest and battier who didnt guard gasol...da front line is nothign to be scared of, can drive on dat team without any fear

quiggle

Starter
His stats were good Sunday but Bynum was the reason they won and most of Gasoft's points came when the Lakers had the game in hand already. Houston had good defenders but having K-Mart guard him will be a different story.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
His stats were good Sunday but Bynum was the reason they won and most of Gasoft's points came when the Lakers had the game in hand already. Houston had good defenders but having K-Mart guard him will be a different story.

You're completely ignorant, as to how to properly perform basketball "analysis." Gasol had the game high, in nearly all categories, in game 7 of the LA-HOU series, he blocked Scola multiple times and stopped Brooks' penetration, mainly through intimidation, and yet you claim Bynum, who's unproven and has played poorly in most of these playoffs, is the reason they won. You can't even be critical of Bynum, and his huge contract extension, because, if the media doesn't spoon it up your crack, you can't come up with an independent grain of a thought. LMAO@the incompetence.

Since your memory is shot, or, as is more likely, you don't watch much basketball and simply repeat what you hear, like fun names to repeat like "K-Mart" and "Gasoft," I'll refresh it for you. In the '08 playoffs, in the first round, Gasoft busted the asses of the Nuggets' front-line. He destroyed Camby and Gay-Mart, with power dunks, offensive rebounds and blocked shots. That's a fact. He dropped 19 ppg on them to Kenyon Martin's 9, which he got on 44 percent shooting.

This year, K-Mart got crushed by Dirk Nowitzki, who average 35 ppg and 11 rebounds against him, while K-Mart averaged a meager 10 points and 4 rebounds, numbers that pale in comparison to Dirk's or Pau's. If the Mavs had a healthy Josh Howard, the Mavs win that series. If the Hornets had a healthy Chris Paul and Ty Chandler, they would likely have bumped them, too.

And, if you want to make a case for the Nuggets as tough, especially as tougher than the Rockets' frontcourt guys, the last place you should have posted is a Knicks' forum. You see, as Knicks fans, we know that the Nuggets are big, fat pussies. One of them got body slammed by Nate Robinson, while Carmelo slapped a guy, from behind his teammates, and then ran like a bitch, across the whole court, from Jared Jeffries. You're exposed.

Go home.

Nate, choking the life out of JR Smith, one of the tough guys that Pau has to fear.
061216_brawl2_hmed_740p.hmedium.jpg

Carmelo, talking trash from a safe distance.
captmsg11312170418aptopix_nuggets_knicks.jpg

Last edited:

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
What does this prove? Nothing, merely that this team knows what kind of player they have in Pau, one that has been key to what they're going to do to the Bummets, and were trying to get him fired up against Houston, in a game where all the Lakers played poorly, especially defensively.

No matter what, Pau gave his all. It was the team, as a whole, that didn't show up. Pau can't do everything on his own, neither can Kobe.

Try again, maybe with some arguments as to how 21, 18 and 3 blocks is soft. I hope he goes soft all over your team, tonight.

Let's see what some informed people have to say:

Kobe on Pau:
"He's an All-Star, he's an All-Star," Bryant said. "He's one of the best players in the world, period. I expect (those kind of games) from him."

Ariza on Pau:

"He really is totally different than what people think he is. He's a killer," teammate Trevor Ariza said. "Killer Pau."

Bynum on Pau:
"I think he's looking for me more than the guards are. He just makes it easier for me."

Walton on Pau:
"He's unbelievable." "You can definitely run a team through Pau. We're lucky enough to have two guys, Kobe and Pau, that you can run a team through. He's been unbelievable for us."

Other teams:

Nuggets coach George Karl as one still in disbelief over the trade, as he mentioned to ESPN in an interviewed aired during the Nuggets/Spurs game Friday night:
“I’m with Pop on the Gasol trade. [The Nuggets media relations director] told me about the trade, I said ‘the league can’t let that happen. There’s no way.’ That’s not going to happen. I swear, I said ‘there’s no way that’s happening.’ It was like a gift — Christmas come early. It was a surprise package underneath the tree.”

Oh... are those the Nuggets, with Camby, '07 defensive player of the year, and Kenyon Martin, getting destroyed, for 36 points, by Gasoft, in game 1 of the 2008 1st round playoffs? I see #4, right in there, getting owned by Gasoft. I hope he keeps being soft, this time around, for another 30 point game.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7WhloxVDY0c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Last edited: