is there any way Knicks could get Pau Gasoft?

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Game 6:

Gasol: 20 points, 12 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals, 1 block

Martin, K-Mart: 13 points, 5 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 blocks, 0 steals

Chris "Birdman" Andersen: 2 points, 3 blocks, 1 steal, 0 assists

Nene: 8 points, 1 assists, 6 rebounds, 0 blocks, 1 steal.

Pau has more assists than all three of these clowns, combined, almost matches them in their points, combined, more steals than all of them, and only one of them exceeds him in blocks.

Like I've said before Pau even brought it up, give him the ball. That's why they lost last year, that's what would have cost them this series. Kobe, in particular, has made sure to look for Pau himself.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

quiggle

Starter
the Western Conference has been a joke, no one could really contain Gasoft but alas a fine contender in Orlando, surely you can't be rooting for Pau and his Fakers now because you want Ewing to finally get his ring, right?

metrocard

Legend
Game 6:

Gasol: 20 points, 12 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals, 1 block

Martin, K-Mart: 13 points, 5 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 blocks, 0 steals

Chris "Birdman" Andersen: 2 points, 3 blocks, 1 steal, 0 assists

Nene: 8 points, 1 assists, 6 rebounds, 0 blocks, 1 steal.

Pau has more assists than all three of these clowns, combined, almost matches them in their points, combined, more steals than all of them, and only one of them exceeds him in blocks.

Like I've said before Pau even brought it up, give him the ball. That's why they lost last year, that's what would have cost them this series. Kobe, in particular, has made sure to look for Pau himself.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

quiggle and crew must feel stupid now.

Pau proved all his haters wrong.

If Gasol is so soft, why did he have the balls to say on national TV that he needed to get more shots? Gasol is the real.

He's in the level of Duncan, and KG now...he turned Lakers into a legit offensive threat....when the ball runs threw him, they're most productive...similar to when they had Shaq. Proves that Kobe can't do it by himself.

What a match it will be between Gasol vs Howard...Unless they have Bynum vs Howard...since Bynum cannot guard the perimeter (Lewis) which makes Orlando dangerous since they spread the floor with their two fowards and have Howard in the paint, who's two rebounding machines in one, therefor you don't need a true PF next to Dwight.

Props to Gasol, one of the best players in the world.

Passing.
Scoring.
Rebounding.
Toughness.
IQ.
Range.
Skill.
Length.
More potential to grow as a player.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
quiggle and crew must feel stupid now.

Pau proved all his haters wrong.

If Gasol is so soft, why did he have the balls to say on national TV that he needed to get more shots? Gasol is the real.

He's in the level of Duncan, and KG now...he turned Lakers into a legit offensive threat....when the ball runs threw him, they're most productive...similar to when they had Shaq. Proves that Kobe can't do it by himself.

What a match it will be between Gasol vs Howard...Unless they have Bynum vs Howard...since Bynum cannot guard the perimeter (Lewis) which makes Orlando dangerous since they spread the floor with their two fowards and have Howard in the paint, who's two rebounding machines in one, therefor you don't need a true PF next to Dwight.

Props to Gasol, one of the best players in the world.

Passing.
Scoring.
Rebounding.
Toughness.
IQ.
Range.
Skill.
Length.
More potential to grow as a player.

I mean, these fools don't have any real basketball knowledge. They listen to idiots like Jon Barry, who couldn't even play basketball, let alone broadcast on it. They heard a name, Gasoft, repeat it and think it's true because they, and those they heard it from, use it. Yet, these same fools don't actually watch games or at least look back at Kobe's team, after the Shaq era.

Gasol is a beast. His Griz even outperformed the Lakers, in 04 and 05. Kobe needed him more than Gasol needed Kobe. Gasol could have played with Crawford, on the Knicks, and we would have been a top Eastern team. All Gasol needs is a shooter to play with. Kobe needed a lot more, a player good enough to make the Lakers the best NBA team.

Imagine Kobe with a one dimensional player, like Bosh or Amare. He wouldn't be doing 5hit.

Howard's done: Gasol is not soft, never has been. He's also very vocal and passionate, which the announcers don't give him credit for because they believe in the Gasoft hype. So, when he pumps his fist, they act surprised.

Last year, the Lakers lost because of Vujacic, Farmar and Fisher going nut at the point, not because of any sort of interior play. If Kobe stops them, runs the offense through Gasol, like you said, the Lakers win in 5.

Duhon2Lee

Rookie
Pau won't be leaving L.A., he's got it good there at the minute and I can see him staying there for as long as the Lakers are a Championship threat.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
hope we don't end up seeing ish like this the next week or so

You need to give up, already. First, you claim Houston will abuse Gasoft, then the Nuggets. He's pushed past all of those, outplaying all of them, despite their tattoos and cool hairstyles (what a surprise!); and, tonight, he outplayed the entire Magic roster, including superman.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

dpryde

Benchwarmer
great player, no doubt about that. but on the level of kg and duncan? i think not, both are future hall of famers, and one may be the best PF of all time. gasol isnt that good. with gasol as the first option i dont believe a team could be a championship contender. dont get me wrong though, this guy is a STAR, he has a HIGH basketball IQ and is an exceptional complementary star to bryant. if he plays at this level, with the production hes putting up, i think he can go down as one of the best sidekicks in the game ever. he might not have pound for pound strength, but he does just fine with his abilities. he is not pau gasoft, he is pau gasol. and hes an integral reason that the black mamba will be vindicated for finally winning without shaq (thats also a lakers in 5 or 6 prediction lol)

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
great player, no doubt about that. but on the level of kg and duncan? i think not, both are future hall of famers, and one may be the best PF of all time. gasol isnt that good. with gasol as the first option i dont believe a team could be a championship contender. dont get me wrong though, this guy is a STAR, he has a HIGH basketball IQ and is an exceptional complementary star to bryant. if he plays at this level, with the production hes putting up, i think he can go down as one of the best sidekicks in the game ever. he might not have pound for pound strength, but he does just fine with his abilities. he is not pau gasoft, he is pau gasol. and hes an integral reason that the black mamba will be vindicated for finally winning without shaq (thats also a lakers in 5 or 6 prediction lol)

Well, as far as Duncan, he's the best of all time. I agree with that. Still, he had a lot more help than Gasol ever had on his Griz teams.

KG is really overrated, though, and a lot of his success with the Celtics has got to do with Celtics management getting Ray Allen, Garnett, Paul Pierce, three all-stars, and surrounding them with a load of good roleplayers on one one team: the perfect storm. In Minnesota, Garnett had a lot of help, over 13 years or so: Gugliotta (great player), Anthony Peeler (solid shooter), Sam Cassel (in his prime), Terell Brandon (terrific little point guard), Wally Szerbiak (in his prime), Sprewell (still putting up great numbers at that time), Marbury.

What did Pau get? Mike Miller, Shane Battier, Jake Tsakalidas, Warrick (actually a good player but not on the level of the talent that Garnett got), a washed up, mid-30's Eddie Jones (he retired a year after Memphis), a washed up Damen Stoudamire (retired after Memphis). It's not fair to say he can't lead a team on his own, if he never got to play with real talent yet was still able to win over 50 games.

As for Gasol going to the hall of fame, I think that's already a given, in about 15 years it'll happen. The basketball hall of fame is open to NBA players, non-NBA foreign players, female players, etc. On his stature in the world of Spanish basketball and international competition, alone, he'll get in. After all, he's considered the greatest Spanish player of all time and one of the best international player to ever play basketball. Gasol will also have his number retired, by LA and maybe even Memphis

Like you said, he's an integral part of the Lakers' success. And, as I said in my previous post, Kobe needs Gasol more than Gasol needs Kobe. Kobe, on his own, was missing the playoffs, getting swept, etc. In fact, the Griz were outperforming the Lakers in the regular season, for a few years. Pau just needs a clutch shooter around him (there are many of those). Kobe, though needed the right type of big: imagine if Bynum had not gotten hurt and LA had not made a move for Pau. They'd be sunk. Pau has that game-changing ability to control the pace of a game, dominate both ends and take a team to the next level.

Gasol, Marbury and Crawford, on a Knicks team, would have made us a contender. It would have given us the same dynamics that the Lakers have: tough inside play that could bail us out in difficult situations, outside shooting and the ability to finish off the dribble, something the Griz didn't have and the Lakers do.

If you give Kobe Stoudamire or Bosh, or even Dwight Howard, to play with, I don't think you have a clear cut championship team, though you do have a contender. Those guys just don't have the intangibles that Pau has, and they don't have the all-around game and clutch ability that he does.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend

Gasol won more games with Memphis than KG has won with Minnesota.

Offensively, I take Gasol over KG.
Defensively, I take KG over Gasol.

At this point of their career, both are equal.

In prime, KG was the best player in the NBA.

I agree...no one can be on Duncan's level even though watching him play ball is like trying to watch Trillion sex a transexual. Its not smooth at all.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
Gasol won more games with Memphis than KG has won with Minnesota.

Offensively, I take Gasol over KG.
Defensively, I take KG over Gasol.

At this point of their career, both are equal.

In prime, KG was the best player in the NBA.

I agree...no one can be on Duncan's level even though watching him play ball is like trying to watch Trillion sex a transexual. Its not smooth at all.

Yeah, you laid it out exactly right about Gasol...I don' t know about all that transexual shit but whatever...

dpryde

Benchwarmer
Well, as far as Duncan, he's the best of all time. I agree with that. Still, he had a lot more help than Gasol ever had on his Griz teams.

KG is really overrated, though, and a lot of his success with the Celtics has got to do with Celtics management getting Ray Allen, Garnett, Paul Pierce, three all-stars, and surrounding them with a load of good roleplayers on one one team: the perfect storm. In Minnesota, Garnett had a lot of help, over 13 years or so: Gugliotta (great player), Anthony Peeler (solid shooter), Sam Cassel (in his prime), Terell Brandon (terrific little point guard), Wally Szerbiak (in his prime), Sprewell (still putting up great numbers at that time), Marbury.

What did Pau get? Mike Miller, Shane Battier, Jake Tsakalidas, Warrick (actually a good player but not on the level of the talent that Garnett got), a washed up, mid-30's Eddie Jones (he retired a year after Memphis), a washed up Damen Stoudamire (retired after Memphis). It's not fair to say he can't lead a team on his own, if he never got to play with real talent yet was still able to win over 50 games.

As for Gasol going to the hall of fame, I think that's already a given, in about 15 years it'll happen. The basketball hall of fame is open to NBA players, non-NBA foreign players, female players, etc. On his stature in the world of Spanish basketball and international competition, alone, he'll get in. After all, he's considered the greatest Spanish player of all time and one of the best international player to ever play basketball. Gasol will also have his number retired, by LA and maybe even Memphis

Like you said, he's an integral part of the Lakers' success. And, as I said in my previous post, Kobe needs Gasol more than Gasol needs Kobe. Kobe, on his own, was missing the playoffs, getting swept, etc. In fact, the Griz were outperforming the Lakers in the regular season, for a few years. Pau just needs a clutch shooter around him (there are many of those). Kobe, though needed the right type of big: imagine if Bynum had not gotten hurt and LA had not made a move for Pau. They'd be sunk. Pau has that game-changing ability to control the pace of a game, dominate both ends and take a team to the next level.

Gasol, Marbury and Crawford, on a Knicks team, would have made us a contender. It would have given us the same dynamics that the Lakers have: tough inside play that could bail us out in difficult situations, outside shooting and the ability to finish off the dribble, something the Griz didn't have and the Lakers do.

If you give Kobe Stoudamire or Bosh, or even Dwight Howard, to play with, I don't think you have a clear cut championship team, though you do have a contender. Those guys just don't have the intangibles that Pau has, and they don't have the all-around game and clutch ability that he does.

great post, but there are a few things i disagree on. i do agree that he is the best spanish basketball player to date, and i can guarentee he retires with a ring or two, so i believe ur right when you say it merits him a hall of fame ballot (as long as he doesnt pull a jermaine o'neal lol). is kg overrated? yes, but he does so much more than his stats say, so in my opinion id rather build a team around him. but you and metro are definetely right on the fact that gasol is more smooth and effective on offense.

but on your point of gasol-starbury-crawford being a title contender? i say no. firstly gasol has been blessed with playing with for some of the most intelligent NBA minds. hubie brown and phil jackson are the best of the best, and they've both helped shape pau into a smarter player. now if he goes to NY he plays for (gulp) isiah thomas. i cud guarentee you isiah messes things up by not creating an identity for the team. also theres another "if". would starbury be able to relinquish his role as the first option? if gasol did come, starbury would be the 2nd option. we saw what happened when starbury was paired with KG. i know hes more mature and all, but lets face it, hes had attitude and ego problems. and then just the thought of jamal crawford on a championship team has some ppl on this forum laughing, only because he has a history of being very inconsistent and turnover prone. many smart NY fans praised the day when he was traded.

and i believe that if you gave kobe bryant, superman theyd win the title. superman might not be gasol on offense, but howard has transcended his defensive game to the next level. he and kobe would be dynamite. i agree with you on bosh and stoudemire (contenders but never clear cut championships). the best thing in my opinion was that they didnt have to sacrifice odom or bynum. if they wanted any1 else they wuda have to. watching odom and gasol work it in the paint together is beautiful when they got things clicking.

metrocard

Legend
great post, but there are a few things i disagree on. i do agree that he is the best spanish basketball player to date, and i can guarentee he retires with a ring or two, so i believe ur right when you say it merits him a hall of fame ballot (as long as he doesnt pull a jermaine o'neal lol). is kg overrated? yes, but he does so much more than his stats say, so in my opinion id rather build a team around him. but you and metro are definetely right on the fact that gasol is more smooth and effective on offense.

but on your point of gasol-starbury-crawford being a title contender? i say no. firstly gasol has been blessed with playing with for some of the most intelligent NBA minds. hubie brown and phil jackson are the best of the best, and they've both helped shape pau into a smarter player. now if he goes to NY he plays for (gulp) isiah thomas. i cud guarentee you isiah messes things up by not creating an identity for the team. also theres another "if". would starbury be able to relinquish his role as the first option? if gasol did come, starbury would be the 2nd option. we saw what happened when starbury was paired with KG. i know hes more mature and all, but lets face it, hes had attitude and ego problems. and then just the thought of jamal crawford on a championship team has some ppl on this forum laughing, only because he has a history of being very inconsistent and turnover prone. many smart NY fans praised the day when he was traded.

and i believe that if you gave kobe bryant, superman theyd win the title. superman might not be gasol on offense, but howard has transcended his defensive game to the next level. he and kobe would be dynamite. i agree with you on bosh and stoudemire (contenders but never clear cut championships). the best thing in my opinion was that they didnt have to sacrifice odom or bynum. if they wanted any1 else they wuda have to. watching odom and gasol work it in the paint together is beautiful when they got things clicking.

This is was a crisp ass post.

Your post got me thinking.

Why isn't Hubie Brown coaching?

He would be a great teacher for our young guys.

dpryde

Benchwarmer
This is was a crisp ass post.

Your post got me thinking.

Why isn't Hubie Brown coaching?

He would be a great teacher for our young guys.

great point. i love him as a broadcaster, but this guy is a NBA coaching god. we all remember how bad the vancouver grizzlies were, and there first few years in memphis didnt fare much better. next thing you know he molds a team with an identity, each player playiing his role in tune, and creates a 50 win team. heck he turned jason williams from an uncontrollable talent to a stable steady point guard with a good shot. if he could turn jason williams into a good player imagine what he could do with some of the great PG prospects we have in this draft. just mooth drooling what someone like hubie brown could do for rubio, jennings, holiday, lawson, etc.

metrocard

Legend
Well, Doc went from broadcasting games to a head coach position pretty quickly.

1244149164.jpg

This is the most PG heavy draft of all time...some PG's may even pull out(no homo)...I think guys like Mills/Teague/Hackett should pull out for their own good...could be lottery picks in 2010.

But as you see from the chart, if Brown gets a job to a team with a young PG...he has the coaching and teaching skills to develop them into a high IQ NBA player.

metrocard

Legend
Gasol played great defense on Dwight...the strongest, biggest, most explosive best scoring center in the NBA.

Is he still soft?

This is one of the biggest fail threads of 2009.