Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 95

Thread: 'Missing Link' in human evolution found

  1. #31
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    If you don't want to get in a debate then keep your opinions to yourself. Don't make ridiculous claims about a group of people and then run away. Atheists are atheists because they think. We make opinions based on evidence. Religious arguments have little to no evidence. The definition of faith is to believe in something without evidence. Try learning about something before you make claims about it.
    Nobody is running away from anyone.I was posting to two people in this thread and you thought that I was trying to start a debate with you.If I wanted to debate you about these topics I would of wrote to you in a more secular matter since you cannot comprehend anything that is spiritual.Debating you would be a waste of time because you simply won't believe in God no matter how easily a theist breaks it down for you.

    You and other nonbelievers make this fallacious assumption about people who believe in God.You assume that believers are ignorant, stubborn, uneducated and intellectually challenged simpletons that reject anything that involves scientific evidence, you obviously fail to recognize that some of the most well known scientists of the past were devout believers.And that the bible wasn't written to be used as some kind of scientific text book to explain the laws of this universe.There is no passage in the bible that tells you that the earth is six thousand years old or that dinosaurs cohabited with humans.

    You also assume that science has disproved the existence of God but there is no empirical evidence that disproves God's existence.Just because you cannot find God under a microscope or inside of a test tube doesn't prove that there is no God.I never knew that something has to be scientifically discovered in order for that thing to have an existence.If that were the case then we should stop trying to discover extraterrestrial life on other planets since there is no such thing as extraterrestrials.

    If faith is to believe in something without evidence then you obviously have a lot of faith to believe that something came out of nothing and produced everything that exists around you.Where is the evidence that your universe was created out of nothing?

    I promised myself not to get into a debate with you because it is your own personal choice to believe in God or not believe in him but since you fervently make it your duty to attack theism and feel that your mind is more advanced than the mind of the average believer I had to make a couple of points.Thank you for reading my post and I expect you to reject everything that I wrote.
    Last edited by johnstarky; Sep 21, 2009 at 05:43.

  2. #32
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by johnstarky
    Nobody is running away from anyone.I was posting to two people in this thread and you thought that I was trying to start a debate with you.If I wanted to debate you about these topics I would of wrote to you in a more secular matter since you cannot comprehend anything that is spiritual.Debating you would be a waste of time because you simply won't believe in God no matter how easily a theist breaks it down for you.

    You and other nonbelievers make this fallacious assumption about people who believe in God.You assume that believers are ignorant, stubborn, uneducated and intellectually challenged simpletons that reject anything that involves scientific evidence, you obviously fail to recognize that some of the most well known scientists of the past were devout believers.And that the bible wasn't written to be used as some kind of scientific text book to explain the laws of this universe.There is no passage in the bible that tells you that the earth is six thousand years old or that dinosaurs cohabited with humans.

    You also assume that science has disproved the existence of God but there is no empirical evidence that disproves God's existence.Just because you cannot find God under a microscope or inside of a test tube doesn't prove that there is no God.I never knew that something has to be scientifically discovered in order for that thing to have an existence.If that were the case then we should stop trying to discover extraterrestrial life on other planets since there is no such thing as extraterrestrials.

    If faith is to believe in something without evidence then you obviously have a lot of faith to believe that something came out of nothing and produced everything that exists around you.Where is the evidence that your universe was created out of nothing?

    I promised myself not to get into a debate with you because it is your own personal choice to believe in God or not believe in him but since you fervently make it your duty to attack theism and feel that your mind is more advance than the mind of the average believer I had to make a couple of points.Thank you for reading my post and I expect you to reject everything that I wrote.
    I just had to call you out, that's all. If you don't want to debate, that's fine. Just don't say I can't think and expect me to not answer.

    It's funny that you say non-believers think believers are simpletons right after you make a statement that atheists can't think. Did you ever think of my point of view? From my side, believers seem like the pompous ones telling me I'm evil and will go to hell and their way of thinking is the right way and everybody else's view is wrong (all without any evidence).

    If you do want to debate, then provide an argument or claim. Then I will provide a counter argument with either evidence or philisophical questions of logic based on current evidence. Otherwise, keep your mouth shut on the subject.

  3. #33
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    I just had to call you out, that's all. If you don't want to debate, that's fine. Just don't say I can't think and expect me to not answer.

    It's funny that you say non-believers think believers are simpletons right after you make a statement that atheists can't think. Did you ever think of my point of view? From my side, believers seem like the pompous ones telling me I'm evil and will go to hell and their way of thinking is the right way and everybody else's view is wrong (all without any evidence).

    If you do want to debate, then provide an argument or claim. Then I will provide a counter argument with either evidence or philisophical questions of logic based on current evidence. Otherwise, keep your mouth shut on the subject.
    I never said that atheists couldn't think.What I meant to say was that the atheist can be lead to all the evidence of the existence of a creator but it is up to the atheist to believe in that creator or not.

    I'm not denying that you're an intelligent human being.You seem like someone that's been in school for a number amount of years.Even though I don't agree with a lot of claims that you make about theists and religion ,by no means do I consider you some kind of evil and hell bounded person.

    Some people are born for getting into heavy debates over hot button issues.I am the type that prefers to watch others battle it out in a discussion.I admit that I'm still in the process of learning a lot of things and have a few more years left until I can play the role of a religious apologist.

    I have come to appreciate the points of views of a lot of people and I hope that you write more threads in the near future.

    Thank You

  4. #34
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by johnstarky
    I never said that atheists couldn't think.What I meant to say was that the atheist can be lead to all the evidence of the existence of a creator but it is up to the atheist to believe in that creator or not.

    I'm not denying that you're an intelligent human being.You seem like someone that's been in school for a number amount of years.Even though I don't agree with a lot of claims that you make about theists and religion ,by no means do I consider you some kind of evil and hell bounded person.

    Some people are born for getting into heavy debates over hot button issues.I am the type that prefers to watch others battle it out in a discussion.I admit that I'm still in the process of learning a lot of things and have a few more years left until I can play the role of a religious apologist.

    I have come to appreciate the points of views of a lot of people and I hope that you write more threads in the near future.

    Thank You
    That's cool. I respect your opinion. No harm done.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Sep 02, 2009 at 14:04.

  5. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    First, sorry it has taken me so long to get back, Just been busy with getting the kids situated with school and other stuff, like most everyone else.

    Now, the fun part.

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    No you're wrong. Sorry. You'll see some day, hopefully.
    Yes, I do see every day. I see all of the things that Jesus said would happen, take place. The world is getting worse and worse. I was just telling my wife that J.h.s has now replaced H.S, while H.S is college now. That's how fast this system has our kids growing. It's terrible. I can't ignore the way the world is declining. And it just so happens to be at the time Jesus said it would? Coincidence? Word?

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Why should I trust the bible when it is wrong on so many things? The biggest one being life on earth is only 6,000 years old. Clearly, if you believe that then there is no hope for you. It's the equivalent of saying New York is 7 yards from San Francisco.
    First, let's be clear, we are talking about the origin of mankind, clearly the bible states that animal life began before humans.


    Is it true that there is only accurate written human history a little while after the Bible said mankind began? A simple yes or no would suffice here. Because if that is true, then that would lend a strong argument to the Bible being accurate. And then, if that's so, it bewilders me why you would stand all high and mighty and say this "The biggest one being life on earth is only 6,000 years old. Clearly, if you believe that then there is no hope for you."

    Because I'm thinking it is a very good reason to believe that Humankind began exactly when the Bible says, in light of intelligent civilization documenting life around the Biblical time line. But hey, that's just me!


    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Also, the bible can't even agree on the most important day in christian history. Why should I trust a book of stories with so many contradictions.


    And there are many examples of Matthew changing things to make it seem like they are true prophecies.
    Enlighten me. What is the most important day in Christian History? Don't worry, I'll wait!!! *surely hopes he does not say Jesus' Bday*

    And I will get to these so called changings and contradictions once I tackle your next post.

  6. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    First, these video's are a joke and it poor taste at that. It's much better when you use your own line of reasoning. Moving on.

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    So much for a perfect historical and factual book. Can't even get Jesus' geneology straight.
    Yikes. Understand that Mathew and Luke were two very different people, and their expressions of the geneology would be displayed in their very writing styles. The same way everyone in a class may do a book report on the same book, but in their own way. Some will include more facts, some will dumb it down to get to the point. Mathew, begins his breakdown of it, starting with Abraham, While Luke traces all the way back to the garden. Either way, they both show that Jesus was born in the line of David the King. Mathew was a tax man, Luke a doctor. Hmm, it's easy to see why Luke's account would include more finer details, than a tax man's account!!!!!!!! Tax man, or doctor, who's thesis would you expect to be more refined?

    Mathew started his this way. Mat1:
    1 The book of the history of Jesus Christ, son of David, son of Abraham:


    Then he proceeds to start it after Abraham.


    Luke starts his first letter to Theophilus like this. Luke1:

    1 Whereas many have undertaken to compile a statement of the facts that are given full credence among us, 2 just as those who from [the] beginning became eyewitnesses and attendants of the message delivered these to us, 3I resolved also, because I have traced all things from the start with accuracy, to write them in logical order to you, most excellent The·oph´i·lus, 4 that you may know fully the certainty of the things that you have been taught orally.


    So Luke was stating here that he has the intention to trace things back as fully and accurately as possible. Much diff than Mathew, who was just stressing the point of the Davidic time line. They both show the timeline correctly. Just differently.












    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    And what about when Adam and Eve were made? One version says they were made at the same time, another version says Adam was made first and Eve was made from the rib of Adam. Which is it?
    Where does this folly occur to you?

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    And what's so great about Matthew 24:14??
    And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

    Clearly the end has not come. So the prophecy has not come true. And people have been preaching the gospel for about 1,000 years, so nothing new there. So remind me again how this is such a great and true prophecy?
    How are you missing this? The Prophecy is two fold. First the Kingdom message has to be preached earth wide. That would have to mean according to Jehovah's satisfaction, and then when it has been accomplished, THE END WILL COME.

    The first parts of the prophecy has happened. Increase in wars, lawlessness, pestilence, poverty, hunger, Father vs son, Mother vs daughter, no natural affection. Meanwhile, while those things take place, The Kingdom message with be preached in the midst of things. And as the world worsens and the preaching work increases, eventually, Jehovah will say it's time. And then, the end will come.

    All one needs to do to see the verification of these things, is click on CNN, local newspaper for the daily tragedy, and then wait for the doorbell to ring one sat morn with 2 well dressed bible students with very good news to tell you. Only thing left is the end. That is why I keep saying I LIVE IN PROPHETIC TIMES. Because all of those things are happening!!!! We're just waiting on the finish. That is how I am bewildered you say Prophecy is hogwash... You clearly lack basic biblical understanding to even see the very simple things written... I mean, Mat 24 is not that hard to grasp, yet you blindly miss it....

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Plus, Matthew has many contradictions...

    (Matthew 8:13 & 8:14) Jesus healed the leper before visiting the house. (Mark 1:29-30 & 1:40-42) Jesus healed the leper after visiting Simon Peter’s house. Before or after? Come on Matthew, get you records straight.

    (Matthew 8:5-7) The Centurion approached Jesus, beseeching help for a sick servant. (Luke 7:3 & 7:6-7) The Centurion did not approach Jesus. He sent friends and elders of the Jews. Did he approach or didn't he? Come on Matthew, get you records straight.

    (Matthew 9:18) He asked for help, saying his daughter was already dead. (Luke 8:41-42) Jairus approached Jesus for help, because his daughter was dying. Was she dead or wasn't she? Come on Matthew, get you records straight.

    (Matthew 10:10) Jesus instructed them not to take a staff, not to wear sandals. (Mark 6:8-9) Jesus instructed his disciples to wear sandals and take a staff on their journey. Were they instructed to take a staff and sandals or not? Come on Matthew, get you records straight.

    Matthew 2:15, 19 & 21-23 The infant Christ was taken into Egypt. Luke 2:22 & 39 The infant Christ was NOT taken to Egypt. Was he taken to Egypt or not? Come on Matthew, get you records straight.

    Matthew 5:1-2 Christ preached his first sermon on the mount. Luke 6:17 & 20 Christ preached his first sermon in the plain. Where did he preach his first sermon? Come on Matthew, get you records straight.


    I could go on and on and on. So please, stop saying the bible is a perfect historical and factual book. And how can you quote Matthhew prophecies, or any prophecy for that matter, when the bible is filled with contradictions and discrepencies.

    Clearly it is an imperfect book written by imperfect people. You say you can't trust scientific theories because it is based on imperfect science and imperfect people, yet you believe everything in the imprefect bible that was written by imperfect people. That's funny.
    If you have four eye witnesses to a story, and asked them to tell it, you would expect them to add up for the most part, correct? But would you expect them to mirror each other word for word? highly unlikely. So why would you expect the four gospel writers to have the exact wording for each event. Silly stuff like plain, or mount? This is the basis of your argument? You're better than this. I'm just gonna leave this be, it ain't worth either of our times.

    I noticed you failed to address some of my questions in previous posts. Like how you went on and on about natural disasters, and I recounted that Scientists say we are causing more damage to the earth ourselves than anything. Is this true? Must be, because science says so. If that's the case though, even more praise to Jah, because he mentions bringing ruin to those ruining the earth. Which means, he knew something was coming long before Science would be able to confirm it



    I also have some info I liked, so I will share. The book NanoMedecine states that the human body is made up of 41 chemical elements. The basic elements- Carbon, Iron, Oxygen, and others- are all present in the "Dust" of the earth.

    So I guess it's not so Crazy for genesis to say this: Gen 2:7 And Jehovah God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to be a living soul.

    Question. What could Moses use to confirm what Science now has thousands of years later? Or did he have to just trust the human designer, that you say does not exist?

    So begs the question, how did those 41 lifeless building blocks come together to form a living human? A Nasa space shuttle is made of of some 2.5 million parts, which takes teams of the most brilliant engineers alive, and many years as well. The human body however is made of some 7 octillion atoms, 100 trillion cells, dozens of organs, and at least 9 major organ systems. Am I to believe that it takes Nasa Years to build a shuttle that they are not sure will even work completely correct, but the human body which is much more intricate just evolved by blind chance? Word doggy?

  7. #37
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Enlighten me. What is the most important day in Christian History? Don't worry, I'll wait!!! *surely hopes he does not say Jesus' Bday*
    Is it from the omitted sects of the bible? The particular one where it reads:

    "As Jesus was returning home with Joseph, a boy ran hard against him and threw him down. Jesus rose and said unto him. "Now as you have thrown me down, I shall throw you down, though you shall not rise" With that the boy fell and lay dead on the ground neath Jesus feet.

    Is that the most important? I have faith that it is.

  8. #38
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    So begs the question, how did those 41 lifeless building blocks come together to form a living human? A Nasa space shuttle is made of of some 2.5 million parts, which takes teams of the most brilliant engineers alive, and many years as well. The human body however is made of some 7 octillion atoms, 100 trillion cells, dozens of organs, and at least 9 major organ systems. Am I to believe that it takes Nasa Years to build a shuttle that they are not sure will even work completely correct, but the human body which is much more intricate just evolved by blind chance? Word doggy?
    But aren't we made in God's image? Hands, feet, **** and balls? Maybe God used Bosch power tools and Nasa use ones made in China? Or maybe women are in charge at Nasa? Those darn apple chewers...

  9. #39
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Question. What could Moses use to confirm what Science now has thousands of years later? Or did he have to just trust the human designer, that you say does not exist?
    Moses was evil. Otherwise "evil" has no meaning.
    • [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    • [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    • The fact is that [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. I'm sure he would have approved of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Every source herein is as legitimate as any of your own. Why don't you give them a read. I've read them. I have faith that they are true.

  10. #40

    Default

    Anybody who believes that God created the human race is just wrong, plain and simple.

    The belief that god created man is just superstitious nonsense. The bible is a book of stories and nothing more than that, just stories.

    It is FACT that we have evolved over a period of millions of years. It doesn`t matter how many religious people deny it, it`s a fact.

    The sooner we can rid the world of this ridiculous superstitious nonsense which the belief in god is, the better we can live and improve our world. It is the existence of mainstream religions that holds us back.

    I know who I am. Myself and everyone else on this earth are related to primates and have changed and developed as a result of natural selection. The evidence and undeniable proof is there, only people who believe in God choose not to believe it.

  11. #41
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Scipio
    Anybody who believes that God created the human race is just wrong, plain and simple.

    The belief that god created man is just superstitious nonsense. The bible is a book of stories and nothing more than that, just stories.

    It is FACT that we have evolved over a period of millions of years. It doesn`t matter how many religious people deny it, it`s a fact.

    The sooner we can rid the world of this ridiculous superstitious nonsense which the belief in god is, the better we can live and improve our world. It is the existence of mainstream religions that holds us back.

    I know who I am. Myself and everyone else on this earth are related to primates and have changed and developed as a result of natural selection. The evidence and undeniable proof is there, only people who believe in God choose not to believe it.

    I'm not against evolution but since when has that theory been proven to be a scientific fact? Not everybody that believes in God is against evolution.They're many Christian evolutionists that accept the theory.

    You're looking at religion for all it's negatives and ignoring the positives of it.I could make a similar argument about atheism but just because atheism has it's negatives does not mean that everybody that is an atheist is non ethical and bad to the world around him.

    There have been dictators that have pushed aside religion and tried to build nations upon the idea of the absence of a deity but were unsuccessful at it.

  12. #42
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    First, these video's are a joke and it poor taste at that. It's much better when you use your own line of reasoning. Moving on.
    Did you ever think that maybe the bible is in poor taste. All those videos did was put pictures to the words of the bible. There are some pretty disgusting stories in the bible.


    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Yikes. Understand that Mathew and Luke were two very different people, and their expressions of the geneology would be displayed in their very writing styles. The same way everyone in a class may do a book report on the same book, but in their own way. Some will include more facts, some will dumb it down to get to the point. Mathew, begins his breakdown of it, starting with Abraham, While Luke traces all the way back to the garden. Either way, they both show that Jesus was born in the line of David the King. Mathew was a tax man, Luke a doctor. Hmm, it's easy to see why Luke's account would include more finer details, than a tax man's account!!!!!!!! Tax man, or doctor, who's thesis would you expect to be more refined?

    Mathew started his this way. Mat1:
    1 The book of the history of Jesus Christ, son of David, son of Abraham:


    Then he proceeds to start it after Abraham.


    Luke starts his first letter to Theophilus like this. Luke1:

    1 Whereas many have undertaken to compile a statement of the facts that are given full credence among us, 2 just as those who from [the] beginning became eyewitnesses and attendants of the message delivered these to us, 3I resolved also, because I have traced all things from the start with accuracy, to write them in logical order to you, most excellent The·oph´i·lus, 4 that you may know fully the certainty of the things that you have been taught orally.


    So Luke was stating here that he has the intention to trace things back as fully and accurately as possible. Much diff than Mathew, who was just stressing the point of the Davidic time line. They both show the timeline correctly. Just differently.
    So you agree then. The bible is an imperfect book written by imperfect people.

    And it's not that one is more detailed than the other. The genealogies are different.


    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    How are you missing this? The Prophecy is two fold. First the Kingdom message has to be preached earth wide. That would have to mean according to Jehovah's satisfaction, and then when it has been accomplished, THE END WILL COME.

    The first parts of the prophecy has happened. Increase in wars, lawlessness, pestilence, poverty, hunger, Father vs son, Mother vs daughter, no natural affection. Meanwhile, while those things take place, The Kingdom message with be preached in the midst of things. And as the world worsens and the preaching work increases, eventually, Jehovah will say it's time. And then, the end will come.

    All one needs to do to see the verification of these things, is click on CNN, local newspaper for the daily tragedy, and then wait for the doorbell to ring one sat morn with 2 well dressed bible students with very good news to tell you. Only thing left is the end. That is why I keep saying I LIVE IN PROPHETIC TIMES. Because all of those things are happening!!!! We're just waiting on the finish. That is how I am bewildered you say Prophecy is hogwash... You clearly lack basic biblical understanding to even see the very simple things written... I mean, Mat 24 is not that hard to grasp, yet you blindly miss it....
    There are other imperfect books written by imperfect people that have prophesized the end of the world and have prophesized the increase of wars, tragedies, etc. The Koran being one of them. Why don't you follow the Koran? Because maybe you think that religion was made up by humans? I see, every single religion in the world is wrong except yours. Just like what every other religious person thinks. Makes sense.

    Gosh, you can't wait for the end of the world can you? You're very excited about it and the death of billions of people. That makes me sad. Like I've said before, it's not going to happen and when you are on your deathbed and it still hasn't happened, unfortunately only then maybe you will have realized that you've wasted your entire life and ruined your children's lives all on a falsehood.


    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    If you have four eye witnesses to a story, and asked them to tell it, you would expect them to add up for the most part, correct? But would you expect them to mirror each other word for word? highly unlikely. So why would you expect the four gospel writers to have the exact wording for each event. Silly stuff like plain, or mount? This is the basis of your argument? You're better than this. I'm just gonna leave this be, it ain't worth either of our times.
    Excuses, excuses. It's not that they don't mirror word for word, it's that they're different. For example with the ressurection, the time of day, how many people were there, if the tomb was blocked, if the tomb was empty, etc.

    If a prosecutor was trying to present his case with witnesses and none of them could get the time of day, how many people were there and other important details to agree with one another, the case would be thrown out on LACK OF EVIDENCE!!

    And again, then you agree the bible is an imperfect book written by imperfect people.

    Let's see, an imperfect book written by imperfect people with prophecies no different than many other imperfect books written by imperfect people...and the stories in the book are impossible or have been disproven by scientific facts. It's quite obvious your desire to believe hinders your ability to use reason and logic. I only hope you will change before you have wasted your entire life and ruined your children's lives.


    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    I noticed you failed to address some of my questions in previous posts. Like how you went on and on about natural disasters, and I recounted that Scientists say we are causing more damage to the earth ourselves than anything. Is this true? Must be, because science says so. If that's the case though, even more praise to Jah, because he mentions bringing ruin to those ruining the earth. Which means, he knew something was coming long before Science would be able to confirm it
    I originally brought up the examples of natural disasters, child birth defects and disease, etc. as evidence for a world not created for human beings by a perfect being. And yes, it is true that we are environmentally damaging our planet and that could be causing more hurricanes and flooding. Are you implying that natural disasters did not occur before we started degrading our planet? Because clearly that is not the case. So you failed to address my argument for the evidence of a world not created for us, hence why I did not bother with it when you dodged my questions.

    Besides, the Koran prophesized about humans ruining the earth too. How come you don't follow the Koran? Oh, that's right. Because it is an imperfect book written by imperfect people and only your version of the world is right and everybody else's is wrong even though your version is also imperfect and written by imperfect people and is full of impossible stories that have been disproved by scientific fact. SMH.


    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    I also have some info I liked, so I will share. The book NanoMedecine states that the human body is made up of 41 chemical elements. The basic elements- Carbon, Iron, Oxygen, and others- are all present in the "Dust" of the earth.

    So I guess it's not so Crazy for genesis to say this: Gen 2:7 And Jehovah God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to be a living soul.
    Actually the human body is 60% water not "dust". But yes, the body is made of the same elements the earth is made of which are the same elements that form when stars explode. As Carl Sagan says, "we are made of star stuff". It makes perfect sense that the same elements that are abundant on earth are what make up every living thing on earth. We are no different than any other living thing on earth. Did God do the same for every living thing, or did he just go "presto chango rearrango...kablammo!!!" and suddenly every living thing appeared?


    And this reminds me. I've always had this question about Noah's Arc. How did he get Koala Bears on he Arc which are only indigineous to Australia? They clearly didn't swim across the ocean to get to the Arc.


    So begs the question, how did those 41 lifeless building blocks come together to form a living human? A Nasa space shuttle is made of of some 2.5 million parts, which takes teams of the most brilliant engineers alive, and many years as well. The human body however is made of some 7 octillion atoms, 100 trillion cells, dozens of organs, and at least 9 major organ systems. Am I to believe that it takes Nasa Years to build a shuttle that they are not sure will even work completely correct, but the human body which is much more intricate just evolved by blind chance? Word doggy?
    Not a single part of evolution states that complex organisms just came together by blind chance. I've explained this to you several times. If you can't get it, then there is no point in me continuing to waste my time. Natural selection on genetic variation within populations over billions of years is the driving force of evolution. Look how much we have changed domestic animals over only a few centuries with artificial selection. Do you realize how long 3.5 billion years is? I think that is your main problem in understanding evolution. You can't comprehend billions. There aren't even a billion seconds in your lifetime.

  13. #43
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Scipio
    Anybody who believes that God created the human race is just wrong, plain and simple.

    The belief that god created man is just superstitious nonsense. The bible is a book of stories and nothing more than that, just stories.

    It is FACT that we have evolved over a period of millions of years. It doesn`t matter how many religious people deny it, it`s a fact.

    The sooner we can rid the world of this ridiculous superstitious nonsense which the belief in god is, the better we can live and improve our world. It is the existence of mainstream religions that holds us back.

    I know who I am. Myself and everyone else on this earth are related to primates and have changed and developed as a result of natural selection. The evidence and undeniable proof is there, only people who believe in God choose not to believe it.
    Agreed! I think it's an educational disgrace that 40% of Americans believe the universe and life on earth were created approx. 6,000 years ago. Has anyone noticed that the least educated societies in the world are always the most religious? What a shame. EDUCATE YOURSELF PEOPLE!!!!


    Originally Posted by johnstarky
    I'm not against evolution but since when has that theory been proven to be a scientific fact?
    I hate it when the objectivity of science is used by religious people against it. The methods for making a theory into a law (e.g. The Law of Gravity) is through repeated testing and verification. Since we cannot travel back in time and do not live for thousands of years, evolution will always be placed in the "theory" category.

    The principles behind evolution however are fact, or law. That is, genetic variation within populations are selected and passed on based on natural factors that determine which traits survive and continue to produce offspring. It is a true testament to the objectivity of science. To still label something as a theory with so much overwhelming evidence supporting it.

  14. #44
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    First, let's be clear, we are talking about the origin of mankind, clearly the bible states that animal life began before humans.


    Is it true that there is only accurate written human history a little while after the Bible said mankind began? A simple yes or no would suffice here. Because if that is true, then that would lend a strong argument to the Bible being accurate. And then, if that's so, it bewilders me why you would stand all high and mighty and say this "The biggest one being life on earth is only 6,000 years old. Clearly, if you believe that then there is no hope for you."

    Because I'm thinking it is a very good reason to believe that Humankind began exactly when the Bible says, in light of intelligent civilization documenting life around the Biblical time line. But hey, that's just me!
    No that's incorrect. A 7,000 year old tablet found in Bulgaria:




    Neanderthal cave painting approximately 40,000 years ago.



    So you see, your wrong...again.

    I know, you'll say imperfect science by imperfect people got the date wrong. But when 14 tests are done, each by different independant organizations, and all match in addition to matching the fossils and other artifacts found at the site and every other site (so hundreds of mutually agreeing data) you cannot say all are wrong because your imperfect book written by imperfect people contradicts it.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Sep 22, 2009 at 14:58.

  15. #45
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Just a question

    I have always wondered the Atheist, gnostic view on The Nephilim and how the arguements for Evolution always go back to finding fossils to prove their point. The same arguement can be used to argue for Christianity. Explain to me the Nephilim and the fossls of Giants and humongous people that did roam this earth... which is in the Bible:

    Genesis 6:4 "The Nephilim were on the earth in those days and also afterward when the sons of God(fallen angels) came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown."

    Before watching this video pay close attention to 0:40 and on..the pictures are amazing if you have not seen them already. There were Humongous people back then which makes the story of David and Golliath sound very realistic to someone with any faith.


Similar Threads

  1. Explaining Evolution And Why GOD is NOT LIKELY
    By KnicksFan4Realz in forum Hangout
    Replies: 296
    Last Post: Jan 23, 2013, 17:16
  2. Debunking Ape man ancestor myth- WOW.
    By Knicks4lyfe in forum Hangout
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Oct 03, 2009, 22:28
  3. Religulous
    By LJ4ptplay in forum Hangout
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: Nov 10, 2008, 15:10
  4. Our brain. What Evolution cannot account for!
    By Knicks4lyfe in forum Hangout
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: Jul 31, 2008, 15:20
  5. The Bible - Proof that Christianity is True
    By Paul1355 in forum Hangout
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: Jul 12, 2008, 19:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •