Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 95

Thread: 'Missing Link' in human evolution found

  1. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    You didn't address the argument or the logic behind the argument. You do this often and it's quite annoying. You said that there is evidence for intelligent design and I just ignore it. I proposed an argument for how poorly designed life is (which would indicate un-intelligent design) and how it's obvious the world and universe were not created for us.

    Then, myself being in pre-rebuttal mode (because I know you think we should be perfect but are not because of an imposible story) wanted to display the logical fallacy for which I knew you would have answered to the above argument. You then focus on the details that have no pertinent meaning to the logic of the argument. I don't care if it wasn't an apple. Who gives a **** about that? It could have been a freaking grapefruit for all I care. The point was that you believe we have to brush our teeth twice a day because Adam and Eve were convinced by a snake to sin, not because bacteria will destroy your teeth if you don't take care of them. Which is utterly ridiculous.
    Why would I think not brushing your teeth only hurts imperfect people? I'm sure a perfect person would want good oral hygiene.


    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    And your prophecy is, to be brutally honest, full of ****.



    You're saying becaue the word "witness" is used that it is a sign of prophecy being fulfilled.

    In another version of the bible it states:


    So, 1.) you are misinterpreting the meaning of "witness". (not surprising you guys misinterpret the bible all the time) and 2.) What about a religous group calling themselves Jehova's Testimony? And them claiming their understanding of the bible and the prophecies is the best because the word "testimony" is in their names?
    Not surprised we misinterpret the Bible you lack proper understanding of? I'd really be interested to hear your thoughts of the scriptures, since as you say, we're misinterpreting it.

    I have some questions then. What is hell? Is Jesus God along with the Father and Holy Spirit? Who actually recieves the heavenly reward?

    Now Of course, I know you believe none of the bible, but if you say we're misinterpreting it, then you should have the correct interpretation, belief in it or not. PLEASE DO SHARE, or at least drop the "we misinterpret the bible all the time" argument.



    *waits for a meaningful and logical reply*

  2. #17
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Why would I think not brushing your teeth only hurts imperfect people? I'm sure a perfect person would want good oral hygiene.


    Not surprised we misinterpret the Bible you lack proper understanding of? I'd really be interested to hear your thoughts of the scriptures, since as you say, we're misinterpreting it.

    I have some questions then. What is hell? Is Jesus God along with the Father and Holy Spirit? Who actually recieves the heavenly reward?

    Now Of course, I know you believe none of the bible, but if you say we're misinterpreting it, then you should have the correct interpretation, belief in it or not. PLEASE DO SHARE, or at least drop the "we misinterpret the bible all the time" argument.



    *waits for a meaningful and logical reply*
    Once again you missed the argument. Either you're purposely doing this to annoy me or you are really slow. It is just a minor example of something we have to deal with on a daily basis that portrays how we are poorly designed (i.e. not intelligently designed) and how it's obvious we are not special. Why would a perfect being have to worry about bacteria in their mouth? Why would god create bacteria in the first place?

    Other examples, upon thousands, are impacted molars, appendicitis, poor vision, back pain, kidney stones, choking on food. That's not including the thousands of diseases, bacteria and viruses that kill thousands of people each year. Watch the Stupid Design Youtube video I posted in my las post.

    Or natural disasters like floods, tsunamis, hurricanes, earthquakes, and volcanoes. Why would god make these things if we are his most precious creations?

    But I know your answer. Because a snake convinced Adam and Eve to sin. SMH.

    And back to the universe for us argument. If the universe was not made for us then who was it made for? For him to cruise around in? Why make such a massive universe if we are his most precious creation. Why not just make our solar system and be done.

    And back to the designer needing a designer. This was simply to display the logical fallacy of "something is complex therefore it must have a designer". That's all. But you misinterpreted that too.

    All of this is part of my main argument which is there is so much evidence for a lack of intelligent design and a world and universe not made for us and so little evidence for your side.

    And as far as saying you guys misinterpreting the bible often...do I really need to show all the false prophecies misinterpreted by JWs again? Even in that previous Matthew quote, it's obvious you are misinterpreting the word "witness" to make it seem like JWs are something special prophesized in the bible.

  3. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Once again you missed the argument. Either you're purposely doing this to annoy me or you are really slow. It is just a minor example of something we have to deal with on a daily basis that portrays how we are poorly designed (i.e. not intelligently designed) and how it's obvious we are not special. Why would a perfect being have to worry about bacteria in their mouth? Why would god create bacteria in the first place?
    I'm not a scientist, but I do know that God has a reason for making whatever he desires to make. And what I also know is that he intended for man to live forever on earth. And since that is the case, he must have accounted for bacteria in a perfect man in some way, in order for that person to live forever. If you are asking me for the ins and outs, and whats and whys, can't help you. But if something is designed to live forever, then how can it possibly be poorly designed? None of us knows what it is to be in complete perfect health, without the prospect of dying. Yet, at least.

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay;99796[B
    ]Other examples, upon thousands, are impacted molars, appendicitis, poor vision, back pain, kidney stones,[/B] choking on food. That's not including the thousands of diseases, bacteria and viruses that kill thousands of people each year. Watch the Stupid Design Youtube video I posted in my las post.
    All of these highlighted are strictly due to imperfection. Perfect men don't get sick at all, or die, unless wrongfully killed like Jesus was. Choking could be induced or accidental. How is that a complaint about design, because it's possible? That's pretty weak, and lame, really. To me at least.

    And I watched that video, the guy was over the top, and not really making waves as far as stressing how stupid we are made. All he did was harp on imperfect man. The easy answer to that will always be imperfection. But never heard Jesus speak of a back ache, or complain about how stupidly he was designed in that perfect body of his. So again, I'm gonna side with the greatest man who ever lived.



    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Or natural disasters like floods, tsunamis, hurricanes, earthquakes, and volcanoes. Why would god make these things if we are his most precious creations?

    But I know your answer. Because a snake convinced Adam and Eve to sin. SMH.
    Again, not a science major, but I know some of these things must take place in order for natural balance in climate on earth, to a degree. The bible promises that the earth will be a paradise, and Jesus once calmed a storm his disciples were sure would kill them with simple words. If that account is true, which I believe it to be, then I can could see why the bible could garuantee man would live forever. Jesus is God's chosen king, if he can calm a storm as a human, Im pretty sure he can make sure natural distasters will not destroy even one of Jehovah's people when that time comes.

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    And back to the universe for us argument. If the universe was not made for us then who was it made for? For him to cruise around in? Why make such a massive universe if we are his most precious creation. Why not just make our solar system and be done.
    God is the creator. The very name Jehovah in Hebrew means "he causes to become" Jehovah never makes things without a purpose. My guess is maybe he wants to fill all those planets with life of some sort. If you had power to create whatever you could think of, would you ever stop creating?

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    And back to the designer needing a designer. This was simply to display the logical fallacy of "something is complex therefore it must have a designer". That's all. But you misinterpreted that too.

    All of this is part of my main argument which is there is so much evidence for a lack of intelligent design and a world and universe not made for us and so little evidence for your side.
    In other threads I have posted things that support intelligent design. You want to ignore those, do so. I originally was not commenting on this thread to have another 7 page back and forth on who is right or wrong. All I said about your original post is, it is still just a matter of opinion, which if if nothing else you or I say, is the truth. Not every scientist even agrees with this story, so why should the common folk?

    And the bottom line for me is, I have a book that says things will happen, and they do. People are there when they do, and they witness them, and document them. In my own time, I see and even live out some of these things that were written long before evolution was even a theory. Im taking the witness of people over the guesstimations of imperfect man's machines that claim a set of bones is 47 million years old, when there was not one eye witness to this. That's nuts.



    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    And as far as saying you guys misinterpreting the bible often...do I really need to show all the false prophecies misinterpreted by JWs again? Even in that previous Matthew quote, it's obvious you are misinterpreting the word "witness" to make it seem like JWs are something special prophesized in the bible.
    No, what I'd like you to do, my friend, if you have the capability, is to accurately interpret these questions for me. Is Jesus 1/3 God, part of a trinity? What is Hell? Who recieves the heavenly reward? And does man have an immortal soul apart from his flesh, based on the bible?

    You cannot tell me we have it misinterpreted if you can't comprehend it. You seem to know it all, so I expect some logical, meaningful responses.

  4. #19
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    I'm not a scientist, but I do know that God has a reason for making whatever he desires to make. And what I also know is that he intended for man to live forever on earth. And since that is the case, he must have accounted for bacteria in a perfect man in some way, in order for that person to live forever. If you are asking me for the ins and outs, and whats and whys, can't help you. But if something is designed to live forever, then how can it possibly be poorly designed? None of us knows what it is to be in complete perfect health, without the prospect of dying. Yet, at least.
    I didn't want to get in a back and forth with you again either. But you responded to my post for JohnStarky with more full of **** claims that there is plenty of evidence for intelligent design. Therefore I had to set the record straight. I've not ignored them, I've pointed out the many flaws in that argument. You choose to ignore my arguments.

    OK back to the above post. Don't you see how you're wrong here. You can't explain anything that questions the logic of your god. You and I know that it just doesn't make sense. If god was so powerful and all-knowing he wouldn't make these obvious logical errors and mistakes. Plus, you mention that god created bacteria so perfect people can live forever, but it kills imperfect people. That makes no sense at all. Why would he have to create bacteria. You make it seem like god is bound by some natural law. But he creates the laws, if he were a logical being, he wouldn't create bacteria at all.

    And nothing is designed to live forever. There is no perfect being. You can't answer these questions of logic because you know your beliefs are not logical. My beliefs answer these questions.


    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    All of these highlighted are strictly due to imperfection. Perfect men don't get sick at all, or die, unless wrongfully killed like Jesus was. Choking could be induced or accidental. How is that a complaint about design, because it's possible? That's pretty weak, and lame, really. To me at least.
    Choking because we have the same hole to eat and breathe is poor design. Dolphins have different holes for breathing and eating and they are mammals. Thousands of people die a year due to choking. This is poor design. And that's just one example. There are several just for our bodies alone. A perfect designer would not create our bodies. Too many mistakes.

    Again, not a science major, but I know some of these things must take place in order for natural balance in climate on earth, to a degree. The bible promises that the earth will be a paradise, and Jesus once calmed a storm his disciples were sure would kill them with simple words. If that account is true, which I believe it to be, then I can could see why the bible could garuantee man would live forever. Jesus is God's chosen king, if he can calm a storm as a human, Im pretty sure he can make sure natural distasters will not destroy even one of Jehovah's people when that time comes.
    Again, you make it sound as if god is bound by some natural law. He makes the laws, he shouldn't have to make natural disasters in order for natural balance for climate on earth. He should just be able to make the natural balance without having to kill so many of his most precious creation. Again, faulty logic here.

    And to think all of these examples are because a snake convinced Adam and Eve to sin (a story that I've already proven is impossible) is just ridiculous and ultimately displays your inability to objectively and logically understand the world and universe.

    Maybe someday you will be able to. I suspect it will take a long time and won't come from me. Just remember these debates we've had when you are very old (hopefully you live a long life) and the end of the world has not happened. Eventually the JWs will go away. It may be another 100 years, or more, from now. When all of your prophecies have not happened, again, people will stop believing. Maybe someday religion all together will be a worldwide minority. I can only hope. But eventually, as time keeps passing and the prophecies still never happen, and we learn more about the universe and life...eventually religion will be seen for the farce that it is.

    But go on believing that every religion in the history of mankind is either made up in their minds or a misinterpretation of the bible except your group and that scientists get the things that make your life better right but always get the things that contradict your version of the universe wrong.

    No, what I'd like you to do, my friend, if you have the capability, is to accurately interpret these questions for me. Is Jesus 1/3 God, part of a trinity? What is Hell? Who recieves the heavenly reward? And does man have an immortal soul apart from his flesh, based on the bible?

    You cannot tell me we have it misinterpreted if you can't comprehend it. You seem to know it all, so I expect some logical, meaningful responses.
    These are ridiculous questions to ask of me. For one, many christians don't interpret the bible the same way you do. In fact all christians, including christian scholars say the JWs have misinterpreted the bible. Not just me. But you guys always claim to be the best interpreters of the bible. So whatever answer I give, if it's not the same as your group's answer, you will immediately claim I don't understand the bible. Completely arrogant and unnaccepting of other people's views. Which is the basis of all religions.

    But I will answer these questions with the truth. Because I am 100% certain your version of the universe is wrong. I guarantee it. And in the past I have been willing to bet my entire life savings with you because I am so certain. There are way too many holes in the logic and way too much evidence against it. But here goes...

    1.) Is Jesus 1/3 God, part of trinity. (your answer: 1/3 god) My answer: Neither. There is no God.

    2.) What is Hell? (your answer: death) My answer: There is no such thing, does not exist.

    3.) Who recieves the heavenly reward? (your answer: JWs) My answer: nobody because there is no such thing.

    4.) And does man have an immortal soul apart from his flesh? (your answer: ?? yes, I think) My answer: no it doesn't exist.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Aug 25, 2009 at 10:41.

  5. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    I didn't want to get in a back and forth with you again either. But you responded to my post for JohnStarky with more full of **** claims that there is plenty of evidence for intelligent design. Therefore I had to set the record straight. I've not ignored them, I've pointed out the many flaws in that argument. You choose to ignore my arguments.
    OK back to the above post. Don't you see how you're wrong here. You can't explain anything that questions the logic of your god. You and I know that it just doesn't make sense. If god was so powerful and all-knowing he wouldn't make these obvious logical errors and mistakes. Plus, you mention that god created bacteria so perfect people can live forever, but it kills imperfect people. That makes no sense at all. Why would he have to create bacteria. You make it seem like god is bound by some natural law. But he creates the laws, if he were a logical being, he wouldn't create bacteria at all.[/quote] First, what I said was God must have accounted for bacteria when he purposed man to live forever, NOT that he created it for a man to live forever. simply, that in spite of it, we can live forever. In fact, we live pretty decent as imperfect beings now with bacteria.

    And unlike you, I have no problem with how I'm made. Humans are the highest life form on earth, so what I only have one passage to eat, and breathe. What that tells me is that God accounted for us bein able to live because if we had no mouth at all, we couldn't live! That fact that we live is enough fior me. If the lame "we could be made better" argument works for you, so be it. I call it a reach. Why stop there? Why not have 4 thighs? 3 Penises? Why cant women have 6 breasts?! That would really be a great design!!! Please! Why can't we have wings? Why not have 10 brains? I could do that silliness all day. That us essentially what that man in the video you posted did. So before you respond with how silly I sound, go look back at that video and aim that barb at him too.




    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    And nothing is designed to live forever. There is no perfect being. You can't answer these questions of logic because you know your beliefs are not logical. My beliefs answer these questions.
    What's logical to you and me border on different planes. You deal with dead animals supposedly from millions of years ago, that no human witnessed, I deal with real actual documented history, dealing with people like you and I who lived these things, and live them now. And you're the one who says I can't see and touch, and God never spoke to me. Neither do them fossils brother. But God did make a way for those seeking him to find him. You just stopped searching. You're bad.

    Just because you made a choice to believe what you do, does not make it accurate. A lot of what you believe is still just opinion. Fortunately, the bible deals with only facts. I like facts. I'll go with that every time.




    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Choking because we have the same hole to eat and breathe is poor design. Dolphins have different holes for breathing and eating and they are mammals. Thousands of people die a year due to choking. This is poor design. And that's just one example. There are several just for our bodies alone. A perfect designer would not create our bodies. Too many mistakes.
    So now, because Jehovah made dolphins with diff holes for breathing, Humans suck? I really don't even believe this argument is coming from you. I'd rather be human than any other animal that ever walked the earth. Sorry if being human sucks for you. I like it.



    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Again, you make it sound as if god is bound by some natural law. He makes the laws, he shouldn't have to make natural disasters in order for natural balance for climate on earth. He should just be able to make the natural balance without having to kill so many of his most precious creation. Again, faulty logic here.
    I read that a lot of scientists are blaming the cause of these things on us. How we're not taking care of the earth the way we should, and if we were, a lot of these things would not be much of a worry. To put it simply, we're doing more damage to the earth than all of thse disasters ever could. Is this true? Because if it is, I can show you where Jehovah prophesied about those ruining the earth. Could that be our fault?



    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    And to think all of these examples are because a snake convinced Adam and Eve to sin (a story that I've already proven is impossible) is just ridiculous and ultimately displays your inability to objectively and logically understand the world and universe.
    I don't see how that's far fetched. The first human couple were given the assignment to procreate and make the whole earth a paradise. That means Jehovah gave us the task of taking care of the earth. Clearly we have not done so! Even Science attests to this. So yes, original sin is the cause for the peril on earth.

    And you have proven nothing. You have your version. Jesus has his. He was perfect. Said he seen it, I'll take his word over yours since his heart has no deceit in it, and you are sinful by nature.

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Maybe someday you will be able to. I suspect it will take a long time and won't come from me. Just remember these debates we've had when you are very old (hopefully you live a long life) and the end of the world has not happened. Eventually the JWs will go away. It may be another 100 years, or more, from now. When all of your prophecies have not happened, again, people will stop believing. Maybe someday religion all together will be a worldwide minority. I can only hope. But eventually, as time keeps passing and the prophecies still never happen, and we learn more about the universe and life...eventually religion will be seen for the farce that it is.
    That will never happen. Because everything that Jehovah said would happen has already, or will shortly. It's really crazy because, you are really that blind. Because nothing about you says you're stupid, or unintelligent. So Blind it must be.

    Imma try this again though, cuase it really amazes me how you miss it. Jesus said the end would be marked by increased wars, pestilences, and lawlessness, and at that very same time, the Kingdom message (meaning the same exact message he preached) will be preached globally. It just so happens that the 20th century was the worst 100 years in human history, and at that same time, Jesus same message was and still is being preached globally. Only one group on earth preaches that same message that he did while alive. Not 5, not 10, 1. You cannot say you preach the Kingdom message and it not be according to the word Jesus went by. Now, unless you live under a rock, This prophecy is happening!!!!! Why then do you continue to blindly say this "the prophecies still never happen"?

    All one needs to do is learn what Jesus preached to find out what the Kingdom message was, and look around and see if anyone is preaching that. If you find a group doing it, then only a fool would defiantly say "the prophecies still never happen"

    Why then does a smart guy like you say "the prophecies still never happen" when they are happening right in front of you? But you can't tell me how many nuetrons a sun has 20 trillion light years away. Makes no sense.

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    But go on believing that every religion in the history of mankind is either made up in their minds or a misinterpretation of the bible except your group and that scientists get the things that make your life better right but always get the things that contradict your version of the universe wrong.
    This ain't new. Pharoah didn't know Jehovah either, but he found out! The Jews thought they had it together, until Jesus set things straight, and the ones keeping on the watch, followed him. False religion is a tactic Satan uses to confuse the masses. I for one don't see how it's hard to fathom one way being the right way. Before Satan and Adam and Eve sinned, there was only 1 religion. Jesus said in Mat 7 to travel the narrow road, because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many will go there. He also said only through him can a man get to the father. That means there is only one way to God. Everything else is the broad and spacious road, and many will find it.

    Again, Jesus was perfect, and widely regarded as the greatest man who ever lived. I'm taking his word over anyone's.

    Speaking of science, please stop tooting it's horn. While it has made some credible advances for the betterment if human kind, some of them work against us in ways. Cars are great. The gas ain't good for the environment. Weapons of mass destruction. Shall I continue?




    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    These are ridiculous questions to ask of me. For one, many christians don't interpret the bible the same way you do. In fact all christians, including christian scholars say the JWs have misinterpreted the bible. Not just me. But you guys always claim to be the best interpreters of the bible. So whatever answer I give, if it's not the same as your group's answer, you will immediately claim I don't understand the bible. Completely arrogant and unnaccepting of other people's views. Which is the basis of all religions.
    Then it should be even more ridiculous for you to claim we misinterpret the bible. And it's based on other peoples word at that. That is suprising coming from you. If you make that statement, you should be able to back it up with your knowledge. And we don't claim to be the best interpreters of the bible for our own publicity. But we are the only group who fully adheres to the entire bible, and let the bible explain itself, rather than the opposite. And that is the difference between what we believe, and what others do. How could someone say they understand the bible, but don't adhere to it fully? That has nothing to do with arrogance, or being unnaccepting or other views. Jesus preached to the pharasees from the same books they had, and they all thought he was crazy, save a few. So it is not a suprise that again when the truth is revealed, people reject it for the most part. It's been happening since sin!




    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    But I will answer these questions with the truth. Because I am 100% certain your version of the universe is wrong. I guarantee it. And in the past I have been willing to bet my entire life savings with you because I am so certain. There are way too many holes in the logic and way too much evidence against it. But here goes...

    1.) Is Jesus 1/3 God, part of trinity. (your answer: 1/3 god) My answer: Neither. There is no God.

    2.) What is Hell? (your answer: death) My answer: There is no such thing, does not exist.

    3.) Who recieves the heavenly reward? (your answer: JWs) My answer: nobody because there is no such thing.

    4.) And does man have an immortal soul apart from his flesh? (your answer: ?? yes, I think) My answer: no it doesn't exist.
    1.) Is Jesus 1/3 God, part of trinity. (your answer: 1/3 god) My answer: Neither. There is no God.

    No, he is not. Can't be God and then worship a God as well. Does not make sense.

    2.) What is Hell? (your answer: death) My answer: There is no such thing, does not exist. Hell is an actual place. Its your natural resting place, or grave, taekn from the Hebrew word She'ol and Greek Haides, which both mean the same in thier respective languages.

    3.) Who recieves the heavenly reward? (your answer: JWs) My answer: nobody because there is no such thing. Actually. You were right in a nutshell, but only 144k will be selected for that, since it is a special privelage. God intended man to live on earth, not heaven, so why would he take every man to heaven?


    4.) And does man have an immortal soul apart from his flesh? (your answer: ?? yes, I think) My answer: no it doesn't exist.

    I see you don't even know enough of what we believe to say we misinterpret the bible. The bible says in leviticus 17 that the soul or life of a man is his blood, meaning when thats gone, so is he. Plus at Ecc 9.5 it says the dead are conscious of nothing at all.

    Do you know what these so called scholars say when they see this verse which contradicts their immortal soul theory? Why won't you ask, see how many different answers you get to that. If you think we don't make sense, I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with those answers.

    I have no issue with you not believing me, or JW's or any religious sect. But I do have issue with you saying we misinterpret the bible when you have the bare minimum, and you also go on other peoples idea's as well.

    That is beneath you.

  6. #21
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Just because you made a choice to believe what you do, does not make it accurate. A lot of what you believe is still just opinion. Fortunately, the bible deals with only facts. I like facts. I'll go with that every time.
    Ok. From this quote alone I can see it is pointless having a rational and logical debate with you because, quite frankly, you are the most irrational and illogical person I have ever debated. What you just said here, I could respond with the same (minus the bible part, obviously. because the bible does not deal with only facts). Clearly we disagree on what constitutes a fact. If we can't agree on what actually makes a fact a fact, then there is no point debating.

    Like I've said before. All I ask is that when you are 80 years old and the end of the world has not happened yet and god has not come down to save the JWs (because I guarantee with 100% certainty this will not happen), try to remember the debates we've had. Hopefully you'll come around then.

  7. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Ok. From this quote alone I can see it is pointless having a rational and logical debate with you because, quite frankly, you are the most irrational and illogical person I have ever debated. What you just said here, I could respond with the same (minus the bible part, obviously. because the bible does not deal with only facts). Clearly we disagree on what constitutes a fact. If we can't agree on what actually makes a fact a fact, then there is no point debating.

    Like I've said before. All I ask is that when you are 80 years old and the end of the world has not happened yet and god has not come down to save the JWs (because I guarantee with 100% certainty this will not happen), try to remember the debates we've had. Hopefully you'll come around then.
    You have yet to prove how Mathew 24:14 has not come true. That is because as much as you would like to disprove it, only a fool would argue with what's right in his face. So instead, you will skip over it, and tell me I'm the irrational one. I can deal with that. My wife calls me worse when she's angry


    AND I'm gonna tell you now you already lost, because Jehovah has already set up his Kingdom in heaven, and the reason I know this, is because the Bible prophecies that when the Kingdom is established in heaven, true worship of God will surface on earth like it never has. And since I happen to be around to witness this, I can tell you now, that you have already lost. That is why bible prophecy is so powerful. Because it happens, and those watching and showing faith , only they will take note. The rest will be like Noah's day. Come knocking when it rains. Im not much of a gambler, But the day you look up and see false religion gone, the very thing you say you can't wait for, know that the end has officially arrived. And though im not a betting man, I do bet that when the end comes, you will wish you had taken the watchtower serious then! Oh, and those around on the opposing end of Jehovah at that time won't get off easy. He said all those will have to know who he is... HAVE TO KNOW! That means before one goes, so will all their false reasonings and deeds. Scary thought.




    And on a side note. With the way things are going with the world today, do you really think either of us is going to live to see 80, before one of these nut bag dictators press the red button, somewhere? Or we get a sudden outbreak of H1n1 x's 60 somehow? I think I heard somewhere that Las Vegas will be under water pretty soon. You really see a bright future? Word? You put a lot of faith in imperfect man

  8. #23
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    You have yet to prove how Mathew 24:14 has not come true. That is because as much as you would like to disprove it, only a fool would argue with what's right in his face. So instead, you will skip over it, and tell me I'm the irrational one. I can deal with that. My wife calls me worse when she's angry


    AND I'm gonna tell you now you already lost, because Jehovah has already set up his Kingdom in heaven, and the reason I know this, is because the Bible prophecies that when the Kingdom is established in heaven, true worship of God will surface on earth like it never has. And since I happen to be around to witness this, I can tell you now, that you have already lost. That is why bible prophecy is so powerful. Because it happens, and those watching and showing faith , only they will take note. The rest will be like Noah's day. Come knocking when it rains. Im not much of a gambler, But the day you look up and see false religion gone, the very thing you say you can't wait for, know that the end has officially arrived. And though im not a betting man, I do bet that when the end comes, you will wish you had taken the watchtower serious then! Oh, and those around on the opposing end of Jehovah at that time won't get off easy. He said all those will have to know who he is... HAVE TO KNOW! That means before one goes, so will all their false reasonings and deeds. Scary thought.




    And on a side note. With the way things are going with the world today, do you really think either of us is going to live to see 80, before one of these nut bag dictators press the red button, somewhere? Or we get a sudden outbreak of H1n1 x's 60 somehow? I think I heard somewhere that Las Vegas will be under water pretty soon. You really see a bright future? Word? You put a lot of faith in imperfect man
    No you're wrong. Sorry. You'll see some day, hopefully.

    Why should I trust the bible when it is wrong on so many things? The biggest one being life on earth is only 6,000 years old. Clearly, if you believe that then there is no hope for you. It's the equivalent of saying New York is 7 yards from San Francisco.

    Also, the bible can't even agree on the most important day in christian history. Why should I trust a book of stories with so many contradictions.


    And there are many examples of Matthew changing things to make it seem like they are true prophecies.


  9. #24
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default




    So much for a perfect historical and factual book. Can't even get Jesus' geneology straight. So many contradictions. And what about when Adam and Eve were made? One version says they were made at the same time, another version says Adam was made first and Eve was made from the rib of Adam. Which is it?

    And what's so great about Matthew 24:14??
    And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

    Clearly the end has not come. So the prophecy has not come true. And people have been preaching the gospel for about 1,000 years, so nothing new there. So remind me again how this is such a great and true prophecy?

    Plus, Matthew has many contradictions...

    (Matthew 8:13 & 8:14) Jesus healed the leper before visiting the house. (Mark 1:29-30 & 1:40-42) Jesus healed the leper after visiting Simon Peter’s house. Before or after? Come on Matthew, get you records straight.

    (Matthew 8:5-7) The Centurion approached Jesus, beseeching help for a sick servant. (Luke 7:3 & 7:6-7) The Centurion did not approach Jesus. He sent friends and elders of the Jews. Did he approach or didn't he? Come on Matthew, get you records straight.

    (Matthew 9:18) He asked for help, saying his daughter was already dead. (Luke 8:41-42) Jairus approached Jesus for help, because his daughter was dying. Was she dead or wasn't she? Come on Matthew, get you records straight.

    (Matthew 10:10) Jesus instructed them not to take a staff, not to wear sandals. (Mark 6:8-9) Jesus instructed his disciples to wear sandals and take a staff on their journey. Were they instructed to take a staff and sandals or not? Come on Matthew, get you records straight.

    Matthew 2:15, 19 & 21-23 The infant Christ was taken into Egypt. Luke 2:22 & 39 The infant Christ was NOT taken to Egypt. Was he taken to Egypt or not? Come on Matthew, get you records straight.

    Matthew 5:1-2 Christ preached his first sermon on the mount. Luke 6:17 & 20 Christ preached his first sermon in the plain. Where did he preach his first sermon? Come on Matthew, get you records straight.


    I could go on and on and on. So please, stop saying the bible is a perfect historical and factual book. And how can you quote Matthhew prophecies, or any prophecy for that matter, when the bible is filled with contradictions and discrepencies.

    Clearly it is an imperfect book written by imperfect people. You say you can't trust scientific theories because it is based on imperfect science and imperfect people, yet you believe everything in the imprefect bible that was written by imperfect people. That's funny.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Aug 26, 2009 at 10:38.

  10. #25
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Unhappy

    I was forced to go through the pain of biblical studies at a God bothering Christian school, and I remember clearly reading the following in an ancient old bible from 1820 something...
    • And he had caused the acursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them. ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • "And Cain said to the LORD, "My punishment is too great to bear! "Behold, Thou hast driven me this day from the face of the ground; and from Thy face I shall be hidden, and I shall be a vagrant and a wanderer on the earth, and it will come about that whoever finds me will kill me." So the LORD said to him, "Therefore whoever kills Cain, vengeance will be taken on him sevenfold." And the LORD appointed a sign for Cain, lest anyone finding him should slay him. (Genesis 4:13-15)
    How ****ing wrong is that!!!!!!!

    When God created man in his image (or vice versa as the modern world thinks) he sure didn't make any of his children dark skinned and non-delightsome.... Therefore, 80% + of the NBA's ancestors were driven forth by your God for their absence of moral fibre.

    The bible was written by moralistic and spiritual men, but also by a-holes with an agenda....Christianity and Catholicism generate fear, propaghanda and stigmas as much as they generate anything beneficial.....

    I'll never hate on any of the hyper-friendly Christians out there, but I'm not gonna walk on the eggshells of a vengeful God created by Man for reasons both good and wicked either....

    Had to say it!!!

  11. #26
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    And this as funny as it is riddled with common sense

  12. #27
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    I was forced to go through the pain of biblical studies at a God bothering Christian school, and I remember clearly reading the following in an ancient old bible from 1820 something...
    • And he had caused the acursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them. ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    • Had to say it!!!

    I dont plan on getting into this debate, but i am a christian and proud of what i believe in. This quote is from Nephi, which is from the book of MORMON, not the bible. and the book of mormon contradicts itself often.

  13. #28
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    [/list]I dont plan on getting into this debate, but i am a christian and proud of what i believe in. This quote is from Nephi, which is from the book of MORMON, not the bible. and the book of mormon contradicts itself often.
    I didn't want to get into a debate because it is very easy to lead atheists to evidence but it is impossible to get them to think.

  14. #29
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by johnstarky
    I didn't want to get into a debate because it is very easy to lead atheists to evidence but it is impossible to get them to think.
    Word. And hardcore Christians/some LDS are the opposite. I'm sticking to my religious preferences, thank you very much.

  15. #30
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by johnstarky
    I didn't want to get into a debate because it is very easy to lead atheists to evidence but it is impossible to get them to think.
    If you don't want to get in a debate then keep your opinions to yourself. Don't make ridiculous claims about a group of people and then run away. Atheists are atheists because they think. We make opinions based on evidence. Religious arguments have little to no evidence. The definition of faith is to believe in something without evidence. Try learning about something before you make claims about it.

Similar Threads

  1. Explaining Evolution And Why GOD is NOT LIKELY
    By KnicksFan4Realz in forum Hangout
    Replies: 296
    Last Post: Jan 23, 2013, 16:16
  2. Debunking Ape man ancestor myth- WOW.
    By Knicks4lyfe in forum Hangout
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Oct 03, 2009, 21:28
  3. Religulous
    By LJ4ptplay in forum Hangout
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: Nov 10, 2008, 14:10
  4. Our brain. What Evolution cannot account for!
    By Knicks4lyfe in forum Hangout
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: Jul 31, 2008, 14:20
  5. The Bible - Proof that Christianity is True
    By Paul1355 in forum Hangout
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: Jul 12, 2008, 18:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •