Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade For 2nd Pick?

Trade Icon Trade For 2nd Pick?

8th Pick + David Lee + Cash for 2nd Pick

This would allow us draft ricky rubio!

Would does everyone think?

the knicks would be retarded if they drafted a PG, and ur obviously way too hype about some1 who clearly doesnt dribble, pass or shoot better than N8

u draft what u lack, in this case it's a pure SG or defensive Center, then u have ur best ball handler(N8) finally start @ pg

this isn't MTV's real world where u can see ur fav lil characters interact

basketball wise we dont need a pg this year

its simple relax

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by the portable man
    the knicks would be retarded if they drafted a PG, and ur obviously way too hype about some1 who clearly doesnt dribble, pass or shoot better than N8

u draft what u lack, in this case it's a pure SG or defensive Center, then u have ur best ball handler(N8) finally start @ pg

its simple relax

Cosign!!!!
    Big Time...

Veteran

Nyk Logo Be happy for the 8th b/c we Tank to get it

Well well well....this 8th pick is why I'm a realist rather than optimistic like the poor King-Fans. Damn! they got JACKED...

All the trading down and up was for last year draft when we had Crawful as our top scorer and Lee as our double-double man. Wilson Chandler is at the top of his game so trading him for any of the 2009 draft picks is a sign of moving backwards for this Knick organization.

Dunleavy was supposed to be FIRED last year this time....this guy got a miracle Lucky Charm in his pocket. Too to bad he is in need of a bigman coach, a SG, and a SF. The Clippers are in desperate need for SG-Harden to go alongside of Eric Gordon, Collins, and Baron Davis.....or SF-Earl Clark in this draft. However, Griffen will sure look good receiving plenty of playingtime with all the injury-prone Clippers Bigmen.

This 8th pick is probably the best situation for our confuse new regime where we have to select the best NBA-Ready Big-Guard that has 2 or more years experience in a college program....SG-Henderson or SG-Terrence Williams.
    Selecting Curry, Jennings, Derozen, or Flynn over Ty Lawson would be a big big mistake for our new regime....none of those players have the toughness and IQ as small Ty Lawson (which will be witness next season).

What team got money to buy out Rubio oversea contract????? the best NBA coach for Rubio would be coach Don Nelson...

Superstar

I think instead of talking about trading up for the #2 pick which is impossible unless you throw in Chandler and some future picks, we should be talking about trading for Mike Conley who will probably be traded. Actually I'd prefer not doing anything at all, but if I had to guess who Memphis will trade, it would be Conley, not Rubio.

I kind of agree with portable man though with just seeing how Nate Robinson does at PG being a full time starter over there. This year is a throw away year, so experiments can be done.

I'd be more happy with a big SG, Gerald Henderson or Demar Derozan than I would Curry or Lawson, my opinion.

Originally Posted by NicksKnicks

Stop for a second homie and then you think, Is this trade possible? Remember that we have to sign David Lee before we can trade him.

Originally Posted by NicksKnicks

This will not work. Lee is a restricted free agent. We can't trade him until he is given a new contract and we can't sign him until July (after the draft). Same goes for Nate. Close thread.

Originally Posted by the portable man

its simple relax
    You honestly think Nate can pass and dribble better than Rubio? That's funny.

Nate is a combo guard. In other words, he's a SG in a PG's body. Nate will never be a legitimate starting PG in the NBA.

We should trade the 8th pick + Eddy Curry for an expiring contract. I don't think we have the pieces to move up in the draft and I don't really like anybody that will be available at #8.

By trading the 8th pick and Curry for an expiring contract we will atleast be able to keep Nate and Lee and sign multiple all-star free agents in 2010.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    This will not work. Lee is a restricted free agent. We can't trade him until he is given a new contract and we can't sign him until July (after the draft). Same goes for Nate. Close thread.

Nate is a combo guard. In other words, he's a SG in a PG's body. Nate will never be a legitimate starting PG in the NBA.

On the real....little 5.7 Nate Robinson overall-talent, speed, and toughness is better than every PG in this 2009 draft.
    And u can quote me on this after the 2010-11 season after this draft class of PGs had 2 seasons in the league.

Economically....what team got money to buy out Rubio oversea contract?????
    plus the best NBA coach for Rubio would be coach Don Nelson....whom have guards Ellis, Belinelli, and Stephon Jackson to groom Rubio's passing skillz around.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    On the real....little 5.7 Nate Robinson overall-talent, speed, and toughness is better than every PG in this 2009 draft.
    And u can quote me on this after the 2010-11 season after this draft class of PGs had 2 seasons in the league.

Economically....what team got money to buy out Rubio oversea contract?????
    plus the best NBA coach for Rubio would be coach Don Nelson....whom have guards Ellis, Belinelli, and Stephon Jackson to groom Rubio's passing skillz around.
    Yes, Nate probably has better speed and toughness. But that doesn't mean he is a better PG.

They said the same thing about

chauncy billups
    chris paul
    baron davis
    gilbert arenas
    mo williams
    delonte west

personally i remember watching nates 36 pnts 11 ast 9 reb game and
    he looked very similar to chris paul

if paul can avg 22.9 ppg and still lead the league in assists, im trying to figure out how nate who when he started last year avg like 22 ppg 6 reb and 8 ast cant do the same

you guys are foolish if you dont think nate can run the point, we watched last year that as soon as nate came in the game, lee got easier buckets around the basket, and the knicks spread the floor better allowing open looks at three.

we need a big sg or an athletic 6,10 pf/c

nate is good enough for the pg spot. especially if it means passing up on a better player just to get a pg that is unproven-----knowing that next year we will prob win 37 games.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

i'm going to the eyedoctor cause I swear I read something like Rubio can't dribble or pass...

Nate is not a PG.. he's a scorer.

Anyways, Memphis is definitely pairing Gasol with Rubio and shipping away Conley (maybe to the Knicks?).

Veteran

Yes, Nate probably has better speed and toughness. But that doesn't mean he is a better PG.
    In this draft class of PGs....Nate is the better PG.

We dont want to select combo-guard 6.3 Curry b/c this guy refuse to slash to the hoop in college so he would be petrified to slash to the hoop in the NBA.
    Having nonslashing 6.6 Allan Houston we needed Starks, or Spree, and Ewing to win with his performance. And nonslashing 6.5 Crawful showed us to many 23 win seasons. plus Dantoni quoted in last June that Crawful would be the best player for his system.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    In this draft class of PGs....Nate is the better PG.

We dont want to select combo-guard 6.3 Curry b/c this guy refuse to slash to the hoop in college so he would be petrified to slash to the hoop in the NBA.
    Having nonslashing 6.6 Allan Houston we needed Starks, or Spree, and Ewing to win with his performance. And nonslashing 6.5 Crawful showed us to many 23 win seasons. plus Dantoni quoted in last June that Crawful would be the best player for his system.
    I can't believe you think Nate is better than Rubio.

Rubio is a slasher and creates for his teammates. He's also a better defender and passer than Nate.

Don't get me wrong. I like Nate. But he will forever be a scoring guard off the bench. He can not lead a team. Rubio, on the other hand, can.

Superstar

Nobody said Nate is better than Rubio.

I think the point was Nate + Chandler + #8 pick is better than Rubio + whatever we can get for Nate in a sign and trade which isn't much.

Trading up is not a necessary thing to do.

The knicks have the #8 pick, accept that. If there is a trade it will probably be the Knicks trading down.