Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Trade For 2nd Pick?

i have not seen rubio defend sadly, but why is it that dudes compare curry to crawford?? curry slashes, finishes, and was top 5 in steals

lee can't be traded till he is resigned.i'm ok with us retaining him. we should however get a second pick and draft mullens.

u know what, i take back some of what i said

i was just watchin that usa vs. spain game from last year and rubio stripped chris paul in the 4th like it was nothin, lebron was like , prolly wishin he had rubio now instead of mo williams

I just don't see Rubio being picked until the Sacramento Kings get to pick at 4th Overall. Clippers are getting Griffin, Memphis is going for a Center with Thabeet and remember what happen to Navarro from Spain in Memphis, No way Rubio ends there. OKC, already has Russell Westbrook and are passing up Rubio for Harden I believe. Then, Kings at 4th will take Rubio with the Wizards getting Jordan Hill.

None of this teams however can afford the buyout of Rubio's contract. After analyzing this even more the Knicks have a great chance of getting this kid at 6'5 with a wingspan of 6'10.

We better trade up for Rubio and forget about re-signing both Lee and Nate.

2010-2011 Knick Lineup:
    pg Ricky Rubio
    sg Joe Johnson
    sf Danilo Gallinari
    pf Wilson Chandler
    c Chris Bosh

Superstar

Default Rubio's Buy-Out

Originally Posted by Arod2k9
    I just don't see Rubio being picked until the Sacramento Kings get to pick at 4th Overall. Clippers are getting Griffin, Memphis is going for a Center with Thabeet and remember what happen to Navarro from Spain in Memphis, No way Rubio ends there. OKC, already has Russell Westbrook and are passing up Rubio for Harden I believe. Then, Kings at 4th will take Rubio with the Wizards getting Jordan Hill.

None of this teams however can afford the buyout of Rubio's contract. After analyzing this even more the Knicks have a great chance of getting this kid at 6'5 with a wingspan of 6'10.

We better trade up for Rubio and forget about re-signing both Lee and Nate.

2010-2011 Knick Lineup:
    pg Ricky Rubio
    sg Joe Johnson
    sf Danilo Gallinari
    pf Wilson Chandler
    c Chris Bosh
    An NBA team can contribute only $500,000 to a buy-out. The player has to take care of the rest. Sacramento etc. can afford $500,000. But can Rubio afford a place like Sacramento? His opportunities in LA or New York would be much greater. Rubio has some leverage. His current buy-out is harsh, given that he makes less that $250,000 a year. The buy-out will diminish significantly in the future. He can decide to stay in Europe for a couple of years. Whoever picks him will retain rights to him for several years. But how patient will Sacramento etc. be?

There may be a chance of getting Rubio, but it is unrelated to a contribution to his buy-out.