Bulls looking to trade Tyrus Thomas

Should we trade for Tyrus Thomas?

• Total voters

JayJ44

Starter
-The Chicago Bulls are reportedly heavily shopping Tyrus Thomas around the league, trying to see what kind of value they can get for him after the solid season he?s coming off of. It appears that they don?t see him fitting into their long-term plans as he?s too similar to Joakim Noah, and they aren?t interested in giving him a long-term deal that would put them over the luxury tax. It?s possible the Bulls look to package Thomas and Hinrich together and land a big time power forward.
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/NBA-Draft-Roundup-May-20-3224/

I think he would be a great pick-up. Shot blocking, can run the floor, hit a mid range jumper. The only concern is that Thomas might have a bad attitude.

Would we want to take on Hinrich's contract though? I wouldn't, even though Kirk is a good player, that contract is too much.

ANU

Starter
thomas is a dumb player.unless we plan on using both gallo and wil as trade bait, i don't see why this should get done.

Toons

is the Bo$$
This is an interesting scenario for the knicks here.

I would say no to kirck hinrich, but he is a defensive minded guard with long arms. He did a hell of a job on Paul Pierce in the finals, and proved that he can defend the best guard on a team.
Also, Tyrus Thomas is only getting better defensively, and with some training, he can develop a midrange, or a 3pt shot if he practices. Both of these guys play with heart and emotion. Thomas will be making 4.7 mil next year, and hinrich will be owed 9.5 mil on a declining salary. My proposition is...

Davis Lee
q. Rich
Duhon

for

Kirk Hinrich
Tyrus Thomas
1st round pick

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This is an interesting scenario for the knicks here.

I would say no to kirck hinrich, but he is a defensive minded guard with long arms. He did a hell of a job on Paul Pierce in the finals, and proved that he can defend the best guard on a team.
Also, Tyrus Thomas is only getting better defensively, and with some training, he can develop a midrange, or a 3pt shot if he practices. Both of these guys play with heart and emotion. Thomas will be making 4.7 mil next year, and hinrich will be owed 9.5 mil on a declining salary. My proposition is...

Davis Lee
q. Rich
Duhon

for

Kirk Hinrich
Tyrus Thomas
1st round pick
That's pretty good actually! I'd replace Jeffries with Q Rich though. That's the only way I'd take on Hinrich's contract, salary going down or no. And you never know who we're gonna draft either.

I agree that Thomas' game has improved but he's still pretty ****ing raw! He shoots forced shots and tends to get disoriented when handling the ball and his passing is rotten. Offense is his real downfall.Good side there is, if any team can provide some offensive assistance, it's NY.

But, he's a decent/good defender! And, you can't teach extreme athleticism.

If D Lee's stats really are that inflated, then Thomas could POTENTIALLY bring a double double every night but with much needed & sorely missed defense and blocked shots.

Still, it wouldn't repair the hole we have at center, just the lack of bpg.

I don't know whether it's all worth trading Lee or not? But I don't know whether David Lee's reached his full potential either?

Tyrus Thomas seems to be on the rise, but whether or not David Lee has hit cruising altitude and will only go down from here, I dunno?

Pros & cons pros & cons.

If we did make this trade, and signed Curry in the draft, we'd have a line up of.......:

Hinrich
Curry
Chandler
Harrington
Thomas

With a pretty sad bench....

????????????????????????????????????