2009 Draft: How will the Knicks Blow it this time?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'm expecting the Knicks to waste their pick. It's what they do best. I expect them to avoid drafting a center or shooting guard(the positions the Knicks are currently weakest in) for another small forward or point guard.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
Id rather have Ty Lawson over Stephen Curry. We will blow it if we dont trade up the draft! Although Rubio may turn out to be the next Fredric Weiss! Id like to see us get hold of James Harden, we desperately need a decent SG and i think he can be a good fit in mikes system.

Anyone thought about hasheem Thabeet? we could do with a big shot blocker..

smokes

Huge Member
Wouldn't say a PG is a waste, if we're going to get rid of one of our current ones that is, or play Nate at SG. That being said it would have to be a PG with some serious skill and potential as there's no point piling on yet another average PG to this team.

Sure an SG would be ok, I still like Chandler playing SG if he can improve his shooting touch a bit, his size and speed are ideal for the position whereby he can overpower the majority of SGs.

As for Center, who do you suggest? Is there really anyone worth using the 8 pick on who can play C?

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
As for Center, who do you suggest? Is there really anyone worth using the 8 pick on who can play C?

Get a SG in the draft somehow and trade for a C.

Eddy Curry? maybe the fat shit can lose some weight this summer!!! Id like to see us make a move for camby.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Trade the 8th pick + Eddy Curry for an expiring contract.

More salary cap space >>>> anybody available at #8.

smokes

Huge Member
Get a SG in the draft somehow and trade for a C.

Eddy Curry? maybe the fat shit can lose some weight this summer!!! Id like to see us make a move for camby.

Trading the 8th pick for an old banged up Camby is not smart. Sure I'd like to have him back on the Knicks but not for the 8th pick. As for Thabeet, he won't drop to 8th, no way.

ANU

Starter
they need to have the jazz on the phone.if donnie doesn't have the shot at getting somebody he really wants, give the pick to utah; so just in case we suck next year, we'll have a better shot at a player in a much loaded draft.

ANU

Starter
john wall
ed davis
donatas montiajunas
derrick favors
cole aldrich
greg monroe
xavier henry
kemba walker
lance Stephenson
willie warren

to name a few. will be in it next year.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Trade the 8th pick + Eddy Curry for an expiring contract.

More salary cap space >>>> anybody available at #8.

can't trade the pick unless we get a pick in next year's draft

Plus your point about no game changer being at the 8 spot will likely be the reason no team takes Eddy Curry just to have the number 8 pick

dave2138

Rotation player
john wall
ed davis
donatas montiajunas
derrick favors
cole aldrich
greg monroe
xavier henry
kemba walker
lance Stephenson
willie warren

to name a few. will be in it next year.

Those names you just mentioned is the reason why it would probably be impossible for the knicks to be able to make a trade for a potential lottery pick next year. Utah would never trade us back the 2010 pick.

LeFlume

All Star
No worries. We will stink so badly the next season so we will have a 80% chance of getting the #1 pick. :boohoo:

dave2138

Rotation player
sorry leflume, its a good positive attitude, but not going to happen.

Utah has the knicks pick next year and it is impossible to have an 80% chance at the 1st pick. Even if you go 0-82 the highest is a 25% chance at 1st pick.

ANU

Starter
Those names you just mentioned is the reason why it would probably be impossible for the knicks to be able to make a trade for a potential lottery pick next year. Utah would never trade us back the 2010 pick.
I'm not sure, but i think the knicks could give them this pick.the issue is it's top 22, protected so the jazz don't automatically get it.next year it is not protected,so they get it regardless.

dave2138

Rotation player
I don't think any team in the NBA would give up the #8 pick in the draft with the mindset that they will be worse the next year and get a higher pick. It doesn't work that way..

Its one thing for the Knicks to suck, but try to win. Its another thing to suck and have management predict you will suck before any offseason moves have been made.

Its unfortunate, next years draft is real deep with some actual promising center/PF prospects coming in as well.

ANU

Starter
giving them the pick this year wouldn't mean they're trying to suck.it's only insurance.next years draft will be better.it's not a difficult choice to me.

dave2138

Rotation player
Its not going to happen. Knicks management won't admit that they will be a bottom 8 team again. Even though it does make sense..it has 0 chance of happening.

Kiyaman

Legend
There is no if, ands, or buts, in this draft with the Knicks 8th pick....there are 4 NBA ready (big) SG in this draft inwhich 2 or 3 will be their at the 8th pick.
If Walsh do not select a (big) SG in this draft he's an IDIOT!!!!

If Walsh select a PG in this draft and dont resign Nate....Walsh is an IDIOT.
If Walsh dont resign Lee....than Walsh is a bigger IDIOT.

The Knicks last 5 season (32, 23, 33, 23, 33, win seasons) failures are b/c management, headcoach, and coaching-staff has never took the time in one season to develope a starting-5 unit for the next season, which lead to no-leadership from mangement down to the players on the court.