Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the 2009/2010 off season thread.

Nyk Logo the 2009/2010 off season thread.

don't see one, so lets use this one (or not, its up to you individually ) to discuss trades and such.

i think donnie should go after young players on cheap contracts like mike taylor and deandre jordan of the clippers.i figure if he's gonna put all his eggs in the 2010 basket, he's gonna have to have players on the bench; we all know eddy isn't going nowhere slowly, so the possibility of 2 max free agents seems bleak.

(only chandler, gallinari, and maybe lee seem like they're safe)

we have quite a few expirings in richardson, mobley, hughes and harrington(though I'm not to sure if he can be traded, some cluase or some ****).those contracts would be a good way to get those kinda players.

some players i think fit this criteria

SG-RUDY FERNANDEZ-could be a star in this system.we wouldn't need another superstar besides james in 2010 if we had him imo.roy's back up.don't know what we could offer for him.

PG-MIKE TAYLOR-played well against the knicks, maybe he could play well for us.

C-DEANDRE JORDAN-seems like the odd man out with the clips.

PG-ACIE LAW -they say he's a bust in atlanta, but one mans trash is another's treasure.

PF-SEAN MAY?-he's been injury prone like crazy but has a high bball IQ, will be a free agent, could be had for cheap, as a back up to lee.

SG-GERALD GREEN?-he's young, athletic, and stupid.could fill the need at sg.he could learn under D'ant.he may not.free agent.

PF/C-JOSH MCROBERTS?-EH.he's young, and from duke so he must be intelligent, free agent.

PF/C-SEAN WILLIAMS-very talented on the court, might be a psychopath.

C-HILTON ARMSTRONG-don't really know what to make of him.

SG-JJ REDICK-you'd think this would be a match made in ssol heaven, so why the hell not.

C-DIKEMBE MUTOMBO-lol.

SG-FRANCISCO GARCIA-don't know how sacramento feels about him.they've got nocioni and martin.seems to have a high bball IQ.a new yorker.

SG-NICK YOUNG-could be another odd man out if the wizards decide on a wing player in the draft.

YOUNG FREE AGENTS THAT WILL GET PAID.
    PG-RAMON SESSIONS-could be a good fit, might get over paid this offseason.

ETC.........

feel free to add, debate or what ever the ****.just want to see this team get better.
    Last edited by ANU; May 26, 2009 at 13:25.

Offseason Targets

<abbr class="updated" title="2009-05-26T17:28:48-0700">May 26th, 2009</abbr> <address class="author vcard">by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. </address>
    Keep your eyes on the following players as potential trade/free agent targets this offseason (this is all based on informed speculation):
    Marcus Camby
    Steve Nash
    Darko Milicic
    Sergio Rodriguez
    Ramon Sessions
    Chris Bosh
    Tyson Chandler
    Shaq

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

from dan l, knicks blog.

Superstar

My idea will probably change with more rumors coming out, but here's what I think they should do now.

Draft Curry 8th pick

Have Minnesota pick BJ Mullens #18, then later sign and trade Nate Robinson for his draft rights + Brian Cardinal.
    If not Minnesota, I'm sure there will be teams that would trade a late teens, early 20's pick for Robinson. Mullens has a lot of work to do, but the knicks have a full year to let him develop without pressure to perform right away.

Trade Duhon to LAC for Camby. Clippers need to get rid of Camby or Kaman before the season starts. Camby is easier to deal, and they desperately need a good back up point guard for Baron Davis.

Lineup for 2009 becomes:

S. Curry pg
    Chandler sg/sf
    Harrington sf/pf
    Lee pf
    Camby c

Hughes pg/sg
    Richardson sg/sf
    Gallinari sf
    Cardinal pf
    Jefferies pf/c
    Mullens c
    E. Curry bench

If we could pick up Deandre Jordan and Fernandez on the cheap I would be a very happy man!

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

DeAndre Jordan is raw...and has never proven to be consistant ever in his life. Plus he doesn't offer a lot of skills and will be lost in this system.

Fernandez is nice. But his defense can be really bad at times and plays like a passive Ginobili (BAD)

Stephon Curry leading the Knickswould be the biggest joke in the NBA...and just make our defense so bad we're be on the Warriors status.

Shaq in NY...would be interesting, dont you think? I know he's not the right fit for this system, but he has a good 3-5 years left and is still one of the best C's in the NBA.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    DeAndre Jordan is raw...and has never proven to be consistant ever in his life. Plus he doesn't offer a lot of skills and will be lost in this system.

Fernandez is nice. But his defense can be really bad at times and plays like a passive Ginobili (BAD)

Stephon Curry leading the Knickswould be the biggest joke in the NBA...and just make our defense so bad we're be on the Warriors status.

Shaq in NY...would be interesting, dont you think? I know he's not the right fit for this system, but he has a good 3-5 years left and is still one of the best C's in the NBA.
    I agree, David Lee would really benefit from being able to play next to a true center like Shaq, and going back to his natural position at PF. I heard Shaq really likes playing for D'antoni, so it's a possibility.

Wouldn't mind having the Diesel.

According to a source, the Knicks offered to purchase the Grizzlies' 27th pick for $3 million but were turned down.

The Knicks also have interest in trading for center Darko Milicic, possibly in exchange for Quentin Richardson. Both Milicic and Richardson are entering the final year of their contracts.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    According to a source, the Knicks offered to purchase the Grizzlies' 27th pick for $3 million but were turned down.

The Knicks also have interest in trading for center Darko Milicic, possibly in exchange for Quentin Richardson. Both Milicic and Richardson are entering the final year of their contracts.

i'd do that with the quickness.qbrick is awful......

PG holiday(the guy we need, his upside as a two way player is probably unmatched in this draft)

PG/SG curry(i like curry, and I've been trying to force myself to like him more because it seems everyone thinks he'll be a knick.if lebron ends up a knick, i can understand this pick, probelm is, this is the 2009 draft, not the 2011 draft.i don't know how good he's on defense.my hunch is, he's not very good.i'd prefer having this team's floor general being a ball hawk, because he's usually the heart in soul of a team, hence my preference for holiday.)

SG-SF derozan(derozan's could be the best player in this draft.it's all up to him.he's got all the tools to be a very special player.the guy seems like the next in the long line of jordan imatators.kobe's favorite player was jordan, his favorite player is kobe..... his midrange game would give an awesome balance to this team with gallo perimeter game, and lee's post offense.)
    could
    SG harden(what i stated in regard to derozan's midrange game applies to harden as well.he's probably as much a quintesential D'antoni system player as curry is.problem is he may, or may not suffer from eddy curry,I'm rich, therefore i shall be a fatass syndrome)

PG taylor(mike taylor is a young pg from the clippers who we can possible get along with deandre jordan for wilson chandler,who for as much as i love, seems like the guy who may be the odd man out depending on how the draft shakes out.if derozan and or harden is there, and holiday doesn't get got, it only makes sense to get one of them and trade chandler.)

"PG,F" james(lol)
    SF gallinari(hopefully his surgery get's him to back to 100&#37;.i don't see how he can't become a star, barring the injury.if he was healthy this season, and brick, and no sharrington weren't on this team, he would have been one of the highest scoring rookies in the league; some very improtant if's but you get the point.)

PF lee( he puts up decent numbers on the boards, and post offense.though his defense is ****, we can only hope he improves on that this summer)
    C jordan/mullens? (besides a pg, WE NEED TO GET A YOUNG BIG.PLAIN AND SIMPLE)

so whats the vibe in NYC at the moment in regards to potential players coming and going for next season?

Is there any players putting feelers out there giving a impression they want to play in NYC next season?

Is there much talk about the Knicks trading up with anyone in the draft?

any news is appreciated

As the draft gets closer and the Finals are almost over, the hot stove will begin to errupt!! A lot of sellers in this tough economy, but are there sufficient buyers?

Veteran

Nyk Logo

I'm going to wait....till the FINALS is over to see how I can reconstruct Donnie Walsh first year mess into a couple of leadership players, plenty of role players, and start putting together at least 2 to 3 Future-Starters....this offseason.

A very old saying:

Offense sell tickets but DEFENSE wins games!!!

I think besides getting the best possible player(for us) in this draft, our biggest priority is going to be acquiring a quality C/PF. It doesn't even have to be a scoring big man. Someone that can intimidate and alter opponents shots would do just fine. Tyson chandler and darko milicic should be on our radar this offseason.

Originally Posted by SLY1984
    I think besides getting the best possible player(for us) in this draft, our biggest priority is going to be acquiring a quality C/PF. It doesn't even have to be a scoring big man. Someone that can intimidate and alter opponents shots would do just fine. Tyson chandler and darko milicic should be on our radar this offseason.

u just said quality C/PF, so why is darko milicic a target then????