Bosh or Amare?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/knicks/archives/2009/05/amare_knicks_sh.html

Amare: Knicks should take me over Bosh

By MARC BERMAN

CHICAGO - Here in Chicago waiting for the next wave of potential first-rounders to fill into The Westin for the final media availability..

Back in New York, ESPN Radio's Brandon Tierney had Amare Stoudemire on this morning and reiterated remarks about his desire to play for Mike D'Antoni in 2010 while boasting about being better than Chris Bosh. Stoudemire told The Post similar stuff during All-Star Weekend.

When Tierney asked Stoudemire if he's better than Bosh, the Suns forward said, "Oooh man, are you kidding me? Ask Chris Bosh that question."

So that's a yes?

"No doubt about it, I'm better than Chris Bosh"

"How serious will you consider the Knicks New York Knicks in 2010"?

"I will be totally serious about that, I spent a lot of my childhood there, I have a connection with the state, and I also love the entire coaching staff"

" I think Coach D'Antoni's doing a phenomenal job with the Knicks, NY's a great city, I follow them closely."

Bosh or Stoudemire? Your call.

Both of them are not as good as they should be but at least amare can score some points down low. He should be a better rebounder and defensive player then he is.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Hey guys, been quite a while. Getting right to it, this story, obviously very legit. I would not start the debate in your head of Bosh over Stoudemire because it is more than likely and after this story that a sign and trade is completed this offseason. It's possible from what I hear about Lee for Amare after the draft. Its even possible for throwing Nash and a knick or two into the pile as well but thats speculation.

ill follow this closely, as im hoping you all will too. good possibility of this going down.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Hey guys, been quite a while. Getting right to it, this story, obviously very legit. I would not start the debate in your head of Bosh over Stoudemire because it is more than likely and after this story that a sign and trade is completed this offseason. It's possible from what I hear about Lee for Amare after the draft. Its even possible for throwing Nash and a knick or two into the pile as well but thats speculation.

ill follow this closely, as im hoping you all will too. good possibility of this going down.

NOW THAT'S HUGE! Tell us more. Tell us more. Tell us more. Tell us more. Tell us more.

:beer:

ANU

Starter

interesting.thing is, he might be mcdyess 2.0..:2cents:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
interesting.thing is, he might be mcdyess 2.0..:2cents:

He should be, but hes not.

In some ways, i almost think mcdyess is the best player on detroit. Hes clutch, hes an excellent rebounder, he defends, and he has a nice jumpshot.

Stoudamire is improving his jumpshot but he needs to put more effort in on defense and on the boards. I see him do it from time to time, he can still be a beast but hes gotta work hard. Hes great around the basket...I would love to have him on our team.

I like that comparison Anu...

Im not sure i like the idea of getting nash, it really depends on how much of a roll he would have. If hes our main point guard, then im against it. As much as he does on offense, he does absolutely nothing on defense. He used to do a good job of drawing charges, but he doesnt even really do that too much anymore. Nash will continue to get worse at this point...

On the contrary, i wouldnt mind a 2-headed point guard, as i have seen them called. If we can get another point guard that can split the minutes with Nash and learn from one of the greatest playmakers to ever play the game...Im all for it.

ANU

Starter
He should be, but hes not.

In some ways, i almost think mcdyess is the best player on detroit. Hes clutch, hes an excellent rebounder, he defends, and he has a nice jumpshot.

Stoudamire is improving his jumpshot but he needs to put more effort in on defense and on the boards. I see him do it from time to time, he can still be a beast but hes gotta work hard. Hes great around the basket...I would love to have him on our team.

I like that comparison Anu...

Im not sure i like the idea of getting nash, it really depends on how much of a roll he would have. If hes our main point guard, then im against it. As much as he does on offense, he does absolutely nothing on defense. He used to do a good job of drawing charges, but he doesnt even really do that too much anymore. Nash will continue to get worse at this point...

On the contrary, i wouldnt mind a 2-headed point guard, as i have seen them called. If we can get another point guard that can split the minutes with Nash and learn from one of the greatest playmakers to ever play the game...Im all for it.
i agree with what you said about nash.i don't really buy the notion that some of these cats could learn from nash.
duduhon ran it fine when he wasn't burnt out.a holiday/nash back court could work the way you mentioned.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Aren't we forgetting something here? This is the last thing I heard about Amare's retina being fingered by Boris Diaw.

The Phoenix Suns are not expecting to get star forward Amare Stoudemire back this season. They are just hoping to get him back at all. Stoudemire is recovering from surgery two weeks ago on a detached retina in his right eye that suffered multiple tears
"It's very difficult to explain to anyone how serious this is. It's more serious than any knee or ankle surgery," said surgeon Dr. Pravin Dugel. "The healing is excruciatingly slow and delicate."
Dugel will not even allow Stoudemire to attend games because he recovery depends on no contact.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Never mind the complaints.

As soon as Mike D was ousted and Shaq took a chunk of the scoring load, Amare was getting his undies in a knot. And Shaq's one of his best boys!!!!

Amare had 2 stellar years as a Sun, and once Nash's productivity slowed, so did his.

I'd take Bosh, but the only reason would be, he hasn't had his knee put back together & he has 2 good eyes. If that eye flares up again after the Knicks potential signing of Amare, we're back in the shit. **** that!

Amare is not that much harder than Bosh. If he were, he'd have more boards under his belt & not be criticized for defensive weaknesses. Nor is he any longer the superior player until he proves to be so. He was, but was won't cut it with the Knicks and ko.com's aspirations.

I'm by no means saying Bosh is better (or worse), but I'm definitely saying that ships with holes in them tend to sink.

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
on the real....i wouldnt want either one of them. Amare is gonna be 27 in november, but i gotta say im a big fan of his post game. When you have a player who can post up and score like him, it opens things up for the shooters.

on the real....i wouldnt want either one of them. Amare is gonna be 27 in november, but i gotta say im a big fan of his post game. When you have a player who can post up and score like him, it opens things up for the shooters.

^^^Aren't you the fag from that other site talking bout pleasuring certain NBA players?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Amare has no defense. Last rumor I read was that D'Antoni wanted no parts of Amare. Not taking anything away from him because let's face it, any decent player can come to the Knicks an shine, but Amare is no better then Bosh. Bosh is the Rodney Dangerfield of the NBA. He gets no respect. Even Zach Randolph said he was better then Bosh. What is this world coming too?

clumsy

Rotation player
I hate to say it but i hate getting players who have potentially career threatening injuries (unless it's one year not that much money). I thought Amare's eye injury was that serious...If he has permanently affected vision he probably won't be an all star the rest of his career.

I'd rather have Bosh.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
PHOENIX -- Phoenix Suns forward Amare Stoudemire has undergone outpatient surgery on his right eye.
The Suns said Friday the procedure was part of the recovery process from a Feb. 20 operation to repair a partially detached retina.
Team ophthalmologist Dr. Jay Schwartz said in a statement that a small amount of residual fluid was removed and called the surgery "routine."
After a workout at U.S. Airways Center on Wednesday, the All-Star forward said he was looking forward to next season and "ready to rock."

After the interview, this and a failed trade to Golden State for S Curry is all I've heard about Stat & nothing about Bosh, bar the fact he's happy to have The Glue on board in Toronto.

Anyone else?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Bosh is less injury prone, a better shooter, and a better defender. Give me Bosh. I'm not saying he's better than Amare, but Amare's injuries make you a little apprehensive, no?