Playoffs: who would you start at center?

kriss childs

Benchwarmer
I think Naz has better numbers than Vin and Deke, but Vin can be aggressive attacking the basket which he does better than Naz and Deke.Dekembe's impact wont be seen in the stats.When hes on his game defensively the Knicks usually win a blowout. Tough call to make but Naz Deke then Vin(4th qtr) could be my rotation.Whats yours?

jayp

Benchwarmer
i'd pick the same rotation.. but it also depends on the matchups and what we need in certain situations.. we're lucky we have different players with different strengths, Nazr's energy, Deke's defensive presence and Vin's offensive presence.. if only we can find one player with all those..

6thman

Benchwarmer
First i'd give them all the same minutes and then se who's playing well and let him on the court! Now NY has 3 games left to see who's hot!
I hope that Vin will get more minutes than vs Chicago!

kevin

Benchwarmer
I would put Nazr at center but when KT gets in foul trouble move Nazr to power forward and Deke at Center

JJtheKnick

Starter
i would strat wit nazr because he always as big starts
then mutumbo because hes good at D
and then backer because he is strong and can score

e_D

Benchwarmer
if Naz starts hot, he usually stays hot.. so with him as the starter we'll be able to see that.. if we need defensive presence, throw Deke up in there.. for mismatches in the post, put in Vin for easy buckets.. Vin can also double as PF, but i hope he doesn't eat sweetney's minutes! we need to do something about next season, I wanna see sweets getting at least 20 mins a game.. get rid of kurt, get a proven 3 point marksman to back up Houston, start Vin at PF and let Sweets back him up..

but im thinking too far ahead, its all about PLAYOFFS IN THE GARDEN RITE NOW :lol:

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
I think Nazr should continue to start. They can use Deke at the backup and Vin can rotate at C and PF. This will cut into Sweetney's minutes and I don't necessarily agree with it but I think this is what Lenny will do.

jayp

Benchwarmer
i hope next season they fix the big man rotation.. Sweetney has big potential and all he needs is pt.. btw, isn't Deke retiring after this season?

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
go with mutombo cuz hes got experience and is teh smartest of their big men, if hes ineffective go with naz just cuz hes been playing well recently

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
It seems highly unlikely that Deke will be back after this season. I will be sad to see him go though. He's has helped the Knicks a lot.

alrobinson6022

Benchwarmer
you can't argue with the points any of you guys made. like someone said earlier, i think you gotta go with who's playin' the best at the time

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i think it depends on the opposing center. for example, against a jermaine oneal or wallace(s), you would need deke for his defense. but against a less-center-offensive team like jersey, nazzie can start.

peter

JJtheKnick

Starter
PUT DEKE IN LOOK AT HIS ACTION IN THE PAST 3 GAMES WE NEED POWER LIKE THAT IN THE PAINT
if we go againts the nets we need power like that to reject k mart and jefferson