Australian Rules Football

Duhon2Lee

Rookie
Being from Australia it's obviously my favourite sport, but what about you Yanks? Any of you been intrigued by it or have an interest in hit? Very interested to hear your thoughts.

Pricey

Rotation player
where in Australia are you? im in Adelaide.

Aussie Rules is the best game ever, hopefully it can become popular in the states. Im sure they would love sports where there are massive hits and no padding

Duhon2Lee

Rookie
I'm in Vic, and a big Tigers fan.

How about you Americans? Have you ever watched or seen or been intrigued by Aussie Rules?

TunerAddict

Starter
Just saw this on Tv for the first time. Its AWESOME!!!!

It seems like a real blast to play and I'm really intrigued by it.

Pricey

Rotation player
Just saw this on Tv for the first time. Its AWESOME!!!!

It seems like a real blast to play and I'm really intrigued by it.
it was better back in the early 90's. The rules have taken a lot of the big hitting out of it but its still very tough and fast.
You should check the games out once it hits finals time. The grounds pack out and its electric. I went to a preliminary final which is the game you have to win to make the Grand Final and there was almost 100,000 people packed in the ground and it was sick. Nothing like Aussie Rules

LeFlume

All Star
It has to be the toughest sport on earth. Man, you had to be tough as nails just to watch it. :peace: I loved it tho.

Pricey

Rotation player
see i struggle with the rules and the set plays in the NFL so i guess its just what you grow up with.
Its a pretty tough sport but i still reckon Rugby Union would probably be the hardest on the body but i guess aerobic and physically AFL is right up there.