Metro's Mockdraft 2.0

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Well, your starting 5 is pretty whack to be honest. But it's a decent mock draft minus trading away half our team :p

But really, Rubio > Wall? Seriously, opposition isn't the point here. You watch Wall and there is *almost* 0 downside. The only possible downside you can put on him is his jumpshot, which is not greatly accurate at the moment but it is actually nicely formed, unlike Rubio who has a pretty ugly shot.

Wall is better than Rubio in almost every aspect.

He is ACTUALLY ambidextrous, not like Rubio who has learned to use both hands, Wall has full control on either side. His athleticism and speed blows Rubio out of the water, even if his jumpshot is poor, his ability to get to rim and his feeling for where the hoop is are virtually unparalleled at his size. His passing is crisp, I mean dead on, it's pinpoint. His ball control is great, he has a deadly crossover and a host of other dribble moves allowing him to tear through defenders. His defense is not only good but explosive, his athleticism allows him not only to change or block shots but to fully swat them on players his size. I could go on and on, but it's not really worth it, Rubio isn't even a consensus #1 pick nor would he be if he came out of a US college, we've seen plenty of him, he's going to be a great PG but he doesn't show that SUPERSTAR calibre yet, potential is there but he isn't showing it. Wall is an 18 year old Lebron minus a few inches.

On top of all that, when you call his opposition bad, a lot of what you see from him isn't just high school ball games, it's invitationals which have a much higher standard of players attending.

No way Rubio > Wall.

How can you say this when rubio has played against our olympic team while wall has played against high school seniors?

you cant make that comparison quite yet. wait until wall's rookie year in the NBA finishes, then come back with this.

smokes

Huge Member
How can you say this when rubio has played against our olympic team while wall has played against high school seniors?

you cant make that comparison quite yet. wait until wall's rookie year in the NBA finishes, then come back with this.

Yeah and did he dominate our Olympic team? No he didn't, he played a decent game and pulled off one flashy move on a 36 year old ex-All star.

Lol why should I wait til after Wall's rookie NBA year... Rubio ain't even in the NBA yet, and might not even come depending what team ends up with his draft rights.

Like I already said, Wall played against a lot more than just high school kids. He's played against the best at invitationals, and not only competed against his peers but dominated them. He's played against the World Select Team and dominated them. He also could have entered the draft this year, got #1 pick and taken home a cool few million, instead he chose to take a year at college to take his game to the next level.

edit- Don't think I don't like Rubio, and I would straight up love him in NY, but to say Rubio > Wall on the basis of their opposition is just plain ignorance, Wall has tools Rubio will never have.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
i like jeff teague over any PG that has been mentioned to the knicks except rubio cuz i barely seen em in action...only in da olympics

Teague is score first PG...basically a taller Nate Robinson with a better shot.

Scribbles, you did nothing. It was just an ignorant post, nothing to get mad about.

Gasol played hard and physical throughout the playoffs, shut down Dwight Howard throughout the first two games, and you call him a soft defender. Thats ignorant, isn't it? No diss to you, just a diss to your statement.

Its not thinking otherwise.
Its not knowing the facts or information.
Do you understand now?

smokes This user is on your Ignore List.

Yeah, Street Dreams, Wall is going to be nice, but Rubio has a superior resume. Wall is just a kid who has no experience at all, totally unproven. Plus, Rubio has been scouted since he was 14...you can't say that about many players unless they're Mayo or Lebron...and Rubio has been scouted when he started playing against pros...which is really nuts. Ricky's resume can't be touched.

TunerAddict

Starter
How can someone mention John Wall and leave out the part where is a deviant hooligan who just also happens to have an IQ around his own shoe size?

smokes

Huge Member
How can someone mention John Wall and leave out the part where is a deviant hooligan who just also happens to have an IQ around his own shoe size?

Man you're being seriously ignorant.

On April 27, 2009, Wall was charged with misdemeanor breaking and entering after police found him walking out of a vacant house in Raleigh, North Carolina. He and two other teenagers were briefly detained and cited, but not arrested.

Yeah really sounds like a "deviant hooligan"! I guess when you were young you just played chess and read books all evening? Not like this kinda stuff is uncommon, and he didn't even get arrested.

ANU

Starter
Well, your starting 5 is pretty whack to be honest. But it's a decent mock draft minus trading away half our team :p

But really, Rubio > Wall? Seriously, opposition isn't the point here. You watch Wall and there is *almost* 0 downside. The only possible downside you can put on him is his jumpshot, which is not greatly accurate at the moment but it is actually nicely formed, unlike Rubio who has a pretty ugly shot.

Wall is better than Rubio in almost every aspect.

He is ACTUALLY ambidextrous, not like Rubio who has learned to use both hands, Wall has full control on either side. His athleticism and speed blows Rubio out of the water, even if his jumpshot is poor, his ability to get to rim and his feeling for where the hoop is are virtually unparalleled at his size. His passing is crisp, I mean dead on, it's pinpoint. His ball control is great, he has a deadly crossover and a host of other dribble moves allowing him to tear through defenders. His defense is not only good but explosive, his athleticism allows him not only to change or block shots but to fully swat them on players his size. I could go on and on, but it's not really worth it, Rubio isn't even a consensus #1 pick nor would he be if he came out of a US college, we've seen plenty of him, he's going to be a great PG but he doesn't show that SUPERSTAR calibre yet, potential is there but he isn't showing it. Wall is an 18 year old Lebron minus a few inches.

On top of all that, when you call his opposition bad, a lot of what you see from him isn't just high school ball games, it's invitationals which have a much higher standard of players attending.

No way Rubio > Wall.
i agree.wall would definitely be competing for that 1 spot with griffin if he was in this draft.some people refuse to understand how great he can actually be.he's got rondo's physical stats and rose's ability.