Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: Brandon Jennings on Ricky Rubio: He is all hype

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member DANUTZ39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Brandon Jennings on Ricky Rubio: He is all hype

    HE said in other articles that he is better than Curry, Jrue, Flyn and Lawson. Now he went after Rubio.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    ''In this era of handlers, publicists and agents really helping to craft the answers that players give to the media, canned answers have become the standard. Brandon Jennings doesn't appear to be suffering from any sort of inhibitions and absolutely let loose today on another point guard in this year's draft class, Spain's Ricky Rubio.
    All of these quotes come from the excellent Kings Blog from the Sacramento Bee. Head over there to watch full video interviews.''
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    ''Jennings was not at all bashful about saying he thought he got the better of Rubio in his head-to-head match up this season, but things really got interesting when he was asked how Rubio would compare to college freshmen.
    Jennings: Well, put it like this: If he was in a workout with me, Jonny Flynn, Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson, Stephen Curry, he wouldn't even probably be at the top.
    Reporter: You think he's all hype?
    Jennings: Yeah.
    Reporter: Because?
    Jennings: Because he played in the Olympics, he been playing pro ball since he been 14, so you know, there it is right there. And you know, his stats? 26 minutes, and he be having like 16 points, 7 assists [inaudible -- sounds like he says 900] steals? Come on. Twenty-six minutes, and you have all that? So I really don't know. I really don't know. I can't wait to play him, though. I'm just letting y'all know that now. I can't wait.
    And then there was this cherry on top:
    Reporter: You think you should go before Ricky Rubio in the draft?
    Jennings: Yeah, I think I'm a better player than he is. I can shoot the ball better than he can. The only time I've seen him do something is when he has a home run pass or something. So I think the dude is all hype. I can't even front. I'm going to be real with you guys.''

    LOOOOL.......... This guy did not have a good year in Europe, did not play at Treviso recently when half of the league GM's went there to see him and have only his high school ''hype'' to his resume yet he says that Rubio is hyped.

    What do you guys think?

  2. #2
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I thought he matured. Guess not.

    Can this prick.

  3. #3
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    yeah sounds like ummm hmmm


    stephon


    ummmm


    hmmmm

    selfish


    ummm


    on my own written on my shoes


    ummm


    marbury ?

  4. #4
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    i like this.someone takes him before they do curry, curry meets him this season and drops his career high on his no defense playing ass.I'm calling 50 at the garden.

  5. #5
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I heard Golden State likes him. Nellies going to plow that franchise into the dirt.

  6. #6
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    I heard Golden State likes him. Nellies going to plow that franchise into the dirt.
    Wait, you mean it already isn't there?!

  7. #7
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by ANU
    i like this.someone takes him before they do curry, curry meets him this season and drops his career high on his no defense playing ass.I'm calling 50 at the garden.
    I dont like Curry...but now THAT, i wouldnt mind seeing, just to laugh at the 20isshh people i know who are warrior fans


    TunerAddict, i have no idea what you just said (In response to me). Sorry, im mad tired lol.

  8. #8
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    I dont like Curry...but now THAT, i wouldnt mind seeing, just to laugh at the 20isshh people i know who are warrior fans


    TunerAddict, i have no idea what you just said (In response to me). Sorry, im mad tired lol.
    I was making fun of Golden State and Nellie, don't worry

  9. #9
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    we're bringing in Jennings for a workout cause apparently were looking for a secong option just in case Curry is off the board at 8.

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Ricky Rubio stats with his team dkv joventut

    Ricky Rubio stats were not good with his team dkv. His first year Ricky Rubio averaged 4 points,3 assist, and 2 rebounds and he played all 16 games.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Ricky Rubio second year he averaged 8 points,5 assist, and 3 rebounds.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Ricky rubio third year he averaged 2 points, 2 assist, and 2 rebounds.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  11. #11
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by lumbardar
    Ricky Rubio stats were not good with his team dkv. His first year Ricky Rubio averaged 4 points,3 assist, and 2 rebounds and he played all 16 games.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Ricky Rubio second year he averaged 8 points,5 assist, and 3 rebounds.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Ricky rubio third year he averaged 2 points, 2 assist, and 2 rebounds.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    As a 15 year old playing against grown men in the 25-30 range....

  12. #12
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    [quote=lumbardar;94585]Ricky Rubio stats were not good with his team dkv. His first year
    Ricky Rubio averaged 4 points,3 assist, and 2 rebounds and he played all 16 games.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Ricky Rubio second year he averaged 8 points,5 assist, and 3 rebounds.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Ricky rubio third year he averaged 2 points, 2 assist, and 2 rebounds.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][
    /QUOTE]
    18 mins of playing time.
    on 20 mins of playing time.
    on 13 mins of playing time, with a bum wrist.

    average that out to 30 to 36 minutes.
    8ppg, 6ast, 4rbs a game, for a BOY.
    12ppg, 7ast, 6rbds a game, for a BOY.
    This past season, he's excused.he was hurt for the most part.
    those are pretty gaudy numbers for an 18 year old scarecrow....
    Last edited by ANU; Jun 14, 2009 at 19:59.

  13. #13
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    903
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    What a tosser. Like an elephant n a China shop. The journalists gave him a real chance to show some greatness and he basically chucked it.

  14. #14
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by DANUTZ39
    HE said in other articles that he is better than Curry, Jrue, Flyn and Lawson. Now he went after Rubio.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    ''In this era of handlers, publicists and agents really helping to craft the answers that players give to the media, canned answers have become the standard. Brandon Jennings doesn't appear to be suffering from any sort of inhibitions and absolutely let loose today on another point guard in this year's draft class, Spain's Ricky Rubio.
    All of these quotes come from the excellent Kings Blog from the Sacramento Bee. Head over there to watch full video interviews.''
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    ''Jennings was not at all bashful about saying he thought he got the better of Rubio in his head-to-head match up this season, but things really got interesting when he was asked how Rubio would compare to college freshmen.
    Jennings: Well, put it like this: If he was in a workout with me, Jonny Flynn, Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson, Stephen Curry, he wouldn't even probably be at the top.
    Reporter: You think he's all hype?
    Jennings: Yeah.
    Reporter: Because?
    Jennings: Because he played in the Olympics, he been playing pro ball since he been 14, so you know, there it is right there. And you know, his stats? 26 minutes, and he be having like 16 points, 7 assists [inaudible -- sounds like he says 900] steals? Come on. Twenty-six minutes, and you have all that? So I really don't know. I really don't know. I can't wait to play him, though. I'm just letting y'all know that now. I can't wait.
    And then there was this cherry on top:
    Reporter: You think you should go before Ricky Rubio in the draft?
    Jennings: Yeah, I think I'm a better player than he is. I can shoot the ball better than he can. The only time I've seen him do something is when he has a home run pass or something. So I think the dude is all hype. I can't even front. I'm going to be real with you guys.''

    LOOOOL.......... This guy did not have a good year in Europe, did not play at Treviso recently when half of the league GM's went there to see him and have only his high school ''hype'' to his resume yet he says that Rubio is hyped.

    What do you guys think?
    sounds like a young Marbury

  15. #15
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    sounds like a young Marbury
    lol

    You still come here Paul?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jun 08, 2009, 14:35
  2. Countdown to the 2009 NBA Draft Lottery
    By Scribbles in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: May 21, 2009, 16:14
  3. Ricky Rubio Injures Hip
    By Scribbles in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 18, 2009, 16:24
  4. Article on Ricky Rubio
    By Red in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Aug 25, 2008, 00:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •