Brandon Jennings on Ricky Rubio: He is all hype

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
HE said in other articles that he is better than Curry, Jrue, Flyn and Lawson. Now he went after Rubio.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/25449/jennings_on_rubio_hes_all_hype

''In this era of handlers, publicists and agents really helping to craft the answers that players give to the media, canned answers have become the standard. Brandon Jennings doesn't appear to be suffering from any sort of inhibitions and absolutely let loose today on another point guard in this year's draft class, Spain's Ricky Rubio.
All of these quotes come from the excellent Kings Blog from the Sacramento Bee. Head over there to watch full video interviews.''
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/2009/06/brandon-jenning.html

''Jennings was not at all bashful about saying he thought he got the better of Rubio in his head-to-head match up this season, but things really got interesting when he was asked how Rubio would compare to college freshmen.
Jennings: Well, put it like this: If he was in a workout with me, Jonny Flynn, Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson, Stephen Curry, he wouldn't even probably be at the top.
Reporter: You think he's all hype?
Jennings: Yeah.
Reporter: Because?
Jennings: Because he played in the Olympics, he been playing pro ball since he been 14, so you know, there it is right there. And you know, his stats? 26 minutes, and he be having like 16 points, 7 assists [inaudible -- sounds like he says 900] steals? Come on. Twenty-six minutes, and you have all that? So I really don't know. I really don't know. I can't wait to play him, though. I'm just letting y'all know that now. I can't wait.
And then there was this cherry on top:
Reporter: You think you should go before Ricky Rubio in the draft?
Jennings: Yeah, I think I'm a better player than he is. I can shoot the ball better than he can. The only time I've seen him do something is when he has a home run pass or something. So I think the dude is all hype. I can't even front. I'm going to be real with you guys.''

LOOOOL.......... This guy did not have a good year in Europe, did not play at Treviso recently when half of the league GM's went there to see him and have only his high school ''hype'' to his resume yet he says that Rubio is hyped.

What do you guys think?

ANU

Starter
i like this.someone takes him before they do curry, curry meets him this season and drops his career high on his no defense playing ass.I'm calling 50 at the garden.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
we're bringing in Jennings for a workout cause apparently were looking for a secong option just in case Curry is off the board at 8.

lumbardar

Rookie
Ricky Rubio stats with his team dkv joventut

Ricky Rubio stats were not good with his team dkv. His first year Ricky Rubio averaged 4 points,3 assist, and 2 rebounds and he played all 16 games.
http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?seasoncode=E2006&clubcode=jov&pcode=LFW
Ricky Rubio second year he averaged 8 points,5 assist, and 3 rebounds.
http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?seasoncode=U2007&clubcode=JOV&pcode=LFW
Ricky rubio third year he averaged 2 points, 2 assist, and 2 rebounds.
http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?seasoncode=E2008&clubcode=JOV&pcode=LFW

TunerAddict

Starter
Ricky Rubio stats were not good with his team dkv. His first year Ricky Rubio averaged 4 points,3 assist, and 2 rebounds and he played all 16 games.
http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?seasoncode=E2006&clubcode=jov&pcode=LFW
Ricky Rubio second year he averaged 8 points,5 assist, and 3 rebounds.
http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?seasoncode=U2007&clubcode=JOV&pcode=LFW
Ricky rubio third year he averaged 2 points, 2 assist, and 2 rebounds.
http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?seasoncode=E2008&clubcode=JOV&pcode=LFW

As a 15 year old playing against grown men in the 25-30 range....

ANU

Starter
Ricky Rubio stats were not good with his team dkv. His first year
Ricky Rubio averaged 4 points,3 assist, and 2 rebounds and he played all 16 games.
18 mins of playing time.
on 20 mins of playing time.
on 13 mins of playing time, with a bum wrist.

average that out to 30 to 36 minutes.
8ppg, 6ast, 4rbs a game, for a BOY.
12ppg, 7ast, 6rbds a game, for a BOY.
This past season, he's excused.he was hurt for the most part.
those are pretty gaudy numbers for an 18 year old scarecrow....

Last edited:

pat

Starter
What a tosser. Like an elephant n a China shop. The journalists gave him a real chance to show some greatness and he basically chucked it.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
i like this.someone takes him before they do curry, curry meets him this season and drops his career high on his no defense playing ass.I'm calling 50 at the garden.

I dont like Curry...but now THAT, i wouldnt mind seeing, just to laugh at the 20isshh people i know who are warrior fans:peace:

TunerAddict, i have no idea what you just said (In response to me). Sorry, im mad tired lol.

TunerAddict

Starter
I dont like Curry...but now THAT, i wouldnt mind seeing, just to laugh at the 20isshh people i know who are warrior fans:peace:

TunerAddict, i have no idea what you just said (In response to me). Sorry, im mad tired lol.

I was making fun of Golden State and Nellie, don't worry :beer:

Scribbles

Rotation player
How the hell is Curry going to work alongside Crawford. The two will have a combined 60 FG attempts per game.

:teeth:

I feel bad for Warrior fans. That team seems to have no direction.

At least we have 2010. :teeth:

Kiyaman

Legend
The NBA league made Marbury a PG.....when Marbury, Iverson, Bobby Jackson, Nate, and Stephon Curry, best pure talents is as a "combo-guard" playing both guard positions.
The Timberwolves selected Marbury to be their PG. The 76ers selected AI to be their PG.
And the Sacremento Kings will select Stephon Curry to be their PG with the 4th pick.
Its the money $$$$$....Curry will not argue being selected as the 4th pick.

This has alot to do with why (Compton's) Brandon Jennings became mouth almighty after his great "showcase" workout for the Sacremento Kings whom is in dire need for a pure PG. Inwhich Brandon Jennings feels he is the best option for the Kings oranization (which is true).
BJ, Rubio, and Ty Lawson are the top-3 pure PG in this draft class that the Kings roster need to select 1 out of the 3 to start their rebuilding process with. but will they select an important need with their 4th pick?

The reporter mention the word Hype......

JENNINGS ON RUBIO

Q: How did he (Rubio) do and how would he do to compare to the other guys in college now?

A: "Well when I was playing he only zero assists and two turnovers, you know you tell me how that was."

Q: How many minutes was he (Rubio) playing?

A: "We had about even minutes, I had 12 points, about six assists, that was the most I ever played was 30 minutes. I was a little winded but I still think I got the best of him."

Q: How would he compare to the college freshman for example?

A: "Well put it like this, if he was in a workout with me, Jonny Flynn, Drew Holiday, (Ty) Lawson, and Stephen Curry he wouldn't even be at the top."

Q: Do you think he's all hype?

A: "Yeah because he played in the Olympics, been playing pro ball since 14, you know there it is right there. His stats you know 26 minutes, having 16 points, seven assists, nine steals in 26 minutes, and you have all that? You know, I really don't know, I can't wait to play him though."

Q: Is it safe to say you think should go before Ricky Rubio in the draft?

A: "Yeah, I think I'm a better player think he is, I can shoot the ball better than he can, you know the only time I have seen him do something is when he has a homerun pass or something like that. I think the dude is just all hype. I can't even front you know, I'm just going to be real with you guys." - Sam Amick

Jennings Doesn't Think Holiday And Evans Are NBA PGs

Jun 11, 2009 6:50 PM EST
Brandon Jennings thinks of himself as a true point guard and thinks that Jrue Holiday and Tyreke Evans will struggle in the NBA at the position.

"No, I don't think so," said Jennings when asked if those specific players can be converted. "To be a point guard, it has to be in you. I don't think you can suddenly be a point guard after one year. You are the leader, you are the quarterback, and that takes a lot of understanding. You have to make the right play, you have to run a team, you have to be a leader, you have to see things out there on the court. People might say, 'He can be a point guard in the league.' But that is a hard transition. You have to know how to do it. You have to be the one to take the heat when things don't go right."

Holiday primarily played point guard while in high school, but played out of position at UCLA due to the presence of senior Darren Collison.

Kiyaman

Legend
Truth be said, we could build a strong fundamental foundation within the next 2 to 3 seasons with Duhon and Nate as our PG.

We do not need to waste our 8th pick on a PG or SF.....especially when we have big leaking "holes" in our SG, PF, and Center positions...

Scribbles

Rotation player
Now Monta Ellis on the verge of a trade demand.

Warriors are an absolute mess. Us, Knicks fans feel for you GS. We were in the same shoes just a few years ago...err months ago LOL

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News and Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress.com filed separate reports that suggest there are yet again growing problems in Golden State.

Sources indicate that Monta Ellis is unhappy with the direction of the franchise and is considering 'popping off' in order to force his way off the Warriors.

Ellis has met with Don Nelson and Larry Riley and expressed that he doesn't want the Warriors to draft a playmaking point guard.

One NBA executive tells Givony that the Warriors have made a promise not to select such a guard.

This will leave Golden State to likely select Jordan Hill or James Johnson.

I'd LMFAO is they actually do pick Jennings.

I mean who would you rather have

I Run Scooters into Trees
or
Its all about me considering i put up numbers equivalent of Anthony Roberson

Paul1355

All Star
HE said in other articles that he is better than Curry, Jrue, Flyn and Lawson. Now he went after Rubio.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/25449/jennings_on_rubio_hes_all_hype

''In this era of handlers, publicists and agents really helping to craft the answers that players give to the media, canned answers have become the standard. Brandon Jennings doesn't appear to be suffering from any sort of inhibitions and absolutely let loose today on another point guard in this year's draft class, Spain's Ricky Rubio.
All of these quotes come from the excellent Kings Blog from the Sacramento Bee. Head over there to watch full video interviews.''
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/2009/06/brandon-jenning.html

''Jennings was not at all bashful about saying he thought he got the better of Rubio in his head-to-head match up this season, but things really got interesting when he was asked how Rubio would compare to college freshmen.
Jennings: Well, put it like this: If he was in a workout with me, Jonny Flynn, Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson, Stephen Curry, he wouldn't even probably be at the top.
Reporter: You think he's all hype?
Jennings: Yeah.
Reporter: Because?
Jennings: Because he played in the Olympics, he been playing pro ball since he been 14, so you know, there it is right there. And you know, his stats? 26 minutes, and he be having like 16 points, 7 assists [inaudible -- sounds like he says 900] steals? Come on. Twenty-six minutes, and you have all that? So I really don't know. I really don't know. I can't wait to play him, though. I'm just letting y'all know that now. I can't wait.
And then there was this cherry on top:
Reporter: You think you should go before Ricky Rubio in the draft?
Jennings: Yeah, I think I'm a better player than he is. I can shoot the ball better than he can. The only time I've seen him do something is when he has a home run pass or something. So I think the dude is all hype. I can't even front. I'm going to be real with you guys.''

LOOOOL.......... This guy did not have a good year in Europe, did not play at Treviso recently when half of the league GM's went there to see him and have only his high school ''hype'' to his resume yet he says that Rubio is hyped.

What do you guys think?

sounds like a young Marbury:alert: