Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brandon Jennings on Ricky Rubio: He is all hype

Veteran

Truth be said, we could build a strong fundamental foundation within the next 2 to 3 seasons with Duhon and Nate as our PG.

We do not need to waste our 8th pick on a PG or SF.....especially when we have big leaking "holes" in our SG, PF, and Center positions...

Now Monta Ellis on the verge of a trade demand.

Warriors are an absolute mess. Us, Knicks fans feel for you GS. We were in the same shoes just a few years ago...err months ago LOL

Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News and Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress.com filed separate reports that suggest there are yet again growing problems in Golden State.

Sources indicate that Monta Ellis is unhappy with the direction of the franchise and is considering 'popping off' in order to force his way off the Warriors.

Ellis has met with Don Nelson and Larry Riley and expressed that he doesn't want the Warriors to draft a playmaking point guard.

One NBA executive tells Givony that the Warriors have made a promise not to select such a guard.

This will leave Golden State to likely select Jordan Hill or James Johnson.

I'd LMFAO is they actually do pick Jennings.

I mean who would you rather have

I Run Scooters into Trees
    or
    Its all about me considering i put up numbers equivalent of Anthony Roberson

Originally Posted by DANUTZ39
    HE said in other articles that he is better than Curry, Jrue, Flyn and Lawson. Now he went after Rubio.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

''In this era of handlers, publicists and agents really helping to craft the answers that players give to the media, canned answers have become the standard. Brandon Jennings doesn't appear to be suffering from any sort of inhibitions and absolutely let loose today on another point guard in this year's draft class, Spain's Ricky Rubio.
    All of these quotes come from the excellent Kings Blog from the Sacramento Bee. Head over there to watch full video interviews.''
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

''Jennings was not at all bashful about saying he thought he got the better of Rubio in his head-to-head match up this season, but things really got interesting when he was asked how Rubio would compare to college freshmen.
    Jennings: Well, put it like this: If he was in a workout with me, Jonny Flynn, Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson, Stephen Curry, he wouldn't even probably be at the top.
    Reporter: You think he's all hype?
    Jennings: Yeah.
    Reporter: Because?
    Jennings: Because he played in the Olympics, he been playing pro ball since he been 14, so you know, there it is right there. And you know, his stats? 26 minutes, and he be having like 16 points, 7 assists [inaudible -- sounds like he says 900] steals? Come on. Twenty-six minutes, and you have all that? So I really don't know. I really don't know. I can't wait to play him, though. I'm just letting y'all know that now. I can't wait.
    And then there was this cherry on top:
    Reporter: You think you should go before Ricky Rubio in the draft?
    Jennings: Yeah, I think I'm a better player than he is. I can shoot the ball better than he can. The only time I've seen him do something is when he has a home run pass or something. So I think the dude is all hype. I can't even front. I'm going to be real with you guys.''

LOOOOL.......... This guy did not have a good year in Europe, did not play at Treviso recently when half of the league GM's went there to see him and have only his high school ''hype'' to his resume yet he says that Rubio is hyped.

What do you guys think?
    sounds like a young Marbury

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    sounds like a young Marbury
    lol

You still come here Paul?

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    And the Sacremento Kings will select Stephon Curry to be their PG with the 4th pick.
    Its the money $$$$$....Curry will not argue being selected as the 4th pick.

This has alot to do with why (Compton's) Brandon Jennings became mouth almighty after his great "showcase" workout for the Sacremento Kings whom is in dire need for a pure PG. Inwhich Brandon Jennings feels he is the best option for the Kings oranization (which is true).
    BJ, Rubio, and Ty Lawson are the top-3 pure PG in this draft class that the Kings roster need to select 1 out of the 3 to start their rebuilding process with. but will they select an important need with their 4th pick?

I doubt sacramento will take curry. They will take the best floor general available. They have kevin martin (hardly played last season), a developing fanky garcia, rashard mccants and beno unrih who played with a lot of heart on a sorry ass team.

ur giving all the right reasons for sac to NOT select curry, yet u say they will select him....:S why?

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Truth be said, we could build a strong fundamental foundation within the next 2 to 3 seasons with Duhon and Nate as our PG.

We do not need to waste our 8th pick on a PG or SF.....especially when we have big leaking "holes" in our SG, PF, and Center positions...
    Our point guard position is also a concern. The Duhon and Nate tandem is not a long term answer.

We need to pick up a floor general in this draft because most of the other positions (PF/C) would be a reach at the 8th spot. We have an abundance of great PGs that we can choose from. The next couple of drafts won't have the same availability of PGs as this one does.

the more articles i see of jennings the less highly i think of him. hes jst an idiot to say hes better than rubio

Superstar

I really really hope that they draft Stephen Curry. I would hope we could pick up Curry's NBA comparision Kelenna Azuibuike.

^
    huh?

How Kelenna Azubuike compare with Stephen Curry. They dont play the same possition and their game is very different.