Rubio might fall to Knicks

jimkcchief88

All Star
The site's biggest moron speaks again.

Gallinari and Rubio are both proven.

Proven players aren't projects.

Darko and Nicolas Tskiiskivilli were projects.

Unproven Euros hyped by Chad Ford.

Rubio and Gallinari were hyped up before they lost their virginity..and were playing at a high level against elite competition.

NCAA is nothing compared to the Euroleague. (comparing teams, and level of competition).

NCAA may have a couple of talented players that get drafted in the lottery, but thats it. The rest of the roster are loaded with college kids, your very average to below average who don't really have the skill to play basketball for a living like the guys do in the Euroleague...majority of NCAA players go the whole 4 years to live other professions besides basketball.

You should know this already...but you're the site's biggest idiot so you will never know anything.

Jamal Crawford is still the NBA's biggest loser who nobody wants and Eddy Curry remains a BUST and is a PROJECT...

Oden is a ****ing pussy...the league has written him off? Who the **** is the league?

Your post are so stupid.
Go eat a homosexual cock and die of aids.

The great Metrotard speaks once again. And earning the METROTARD moniker as usual. So Gallinari has played 28 career NBA games and Rubio has played no NBA games and they are both PROVEN??? Your stupidity speaks for itself. I don't need to write a novel, all I have to do is say go **** yourself.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
There's no reason to call Rubio a project as opposed to NCAA players simply because he was playing in the Euroleague...the Euroleague is a professional league of players who play for a living; the bulk of the NCAA doesn't play professionally...hell, most NCAA players would be lucky if they got a chance to play on a Euroleague team nowadays. To say Rubio is somehow a project even though he's been playing for a league superior to the NCAA for the better part of four years doesn't seem to make much sense to me. Of course he has some growing to do once he hits the NBA, but who doesn't?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I wouldn't say Rubio is a project per say, but I also wouldn't call him proven on an NBA level. No one is proven on the NBA level until they play a few games during the season. Is he NBA ready? That's a matter of opinion. I think he can be a good bench player until he develops a shot and some defense, then he can be a potential starter. I think this is a fair critique of Rubio.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I wouldn't say Rubio is a project per say, but I also wouldn't call him proven on an NBA level. No one is proven on the NBA level until they play a few games during the season. Is he NBA ready? That's a matter of opinion. I think he can be a good bench player until he develops a shot and some defense, then he can be a potential starter. I think this is a fair critique of Rubio.

His shot isn't as bad as people make it out to be and he's probably the best defensive PG in the draft.

metrocard

Legend

Wrong.

Its a matter of fact.

4 years of elite level competition before getting drafted into the NBA = makes you more ready than anyone in this draft.
Especially with the way Rubio preformed in those 4 years that made his stock so high.

He isn't proven on the NBA level, but his experience gives you a clear sense of how skilled and polished he is.

Rubio will start right away to any team he goes to.

His defense is very above average...donchris, I don't think you know who you're talking about. Rubio was a defensive player of the year in Europe before he turned 18.

A jumpshot isn't needed to start, ask Rondo, and Rubio is a million times the talent and PG Rondo is.

metrocard

Legend
The great Metrotard speaks once again. And earning the METROTARD moniker as usual. So Gallinari has played 28 career NBA games and Rubio has played no NBA games and they are both PROVEN??? Your stupidity speaks for itself. I don't need to write a novel, all I have to do is say go **** yourself.

Your ignorance never seems to fail.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Obviously nobody's proven on an NBA level but Rubio's as close as you can come to being proven on an NBA level given that he's been playing in tougher competition than his fellow draftees for four years

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The site's biggest moron speaks again.

Gallinari and Rubio are both proven.

Proven players aren't projects.

Darko and Nicolas Tskiiskivilli were projects.

Unproven Euros hyped by Chad Ford.

Rubio and Gallinari were hyped up before they lost their virginity..and were playing at a high level against elite competition.

NCAA is nothing compared to the Euroleague. (comparing teams, and level of competition).

NCAA may have a couple of talented players that get drafted in the lottery, but thats it. The rest of the roster are loaded with college kids, your very average to below average who don't really have the skill to play basketball for a living like the guys do in the Euroleague...majority of NCAA players go the whole 4 years to live other professions besides basketball.

You should know this already...but you're the site's biggest idiot so you will never know anything.

Jamal Crawford is still the NBA's biggest loser who nobody wants and Eddy Curry remains a BUST and is a PROJECT...

Oden is a ****ing pussy...the league has written him off? Who the **** is the league?

Your post are so stupid.
Go eat a homosexual cock and die of aids.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

dave2138

Rotation player
nah..its not like Rubio was putting up superstar numbers over there in Europe. He just didn't embarrass himself which is pretty impressive for a guy 5-10 years younger than most of the other players.

Even if he did embarrass himself and do absolutely nothing there like Brandon Jennings he would still be a top 10 pick..which is why playing in Europe is kind of misleading because stats don't really mean anything. Everyone expects the 18, 19 year old to do nothing and anything they do its like wow an 18 year old got 10 pts in a game in a much more advanced league

Still, everything is all about projection on Rubio and Jennings..no guarantees. The reason why scouts love them and especially Rubio is because they should have an easier time adjusting to the NBA having competed in a league superior to NCAA. Its a good enough reason for me..I'd love to get Rubio..but not enough to trade the world and center the franchise around him.

dpryde

Benchwarmer
RUBIO RUBIO RUBIO RUBIO, 4 real i doubt he'll "fall to our laps" but i hope walsh is trying to make deals to move up. i wudnt mind trading any1 but gallo to make a package that cud entice a team to give us a higher draft pick

lumbardar

Rookie
Ricky Rubio going back to spain tommorow

Just as the notion of Ricky Rubio in a Kings uniform is seeming less likely by the day, there is this unsurprising news: he is moving on.

A source with knowledge of the situation said Rubio was visited in Los Angeles today by the Oklahoma City Thunder, who have the No. 3 pick in the June 25 draft. This matters mostly because Rubio's visit in Sacramento this week came with unspoken terms, an understanding of sorts that a Rubio promise on the Kings' part could have stopped his American tour with just one concert. But that clearly never happened, and certainly not only because Rubio was unable to get on the floor Thursday when he fell ill.

So he continues to interview away, certainly hoping to not fall below the fourth spot if only because that $6.6 million buyout has to be paid for somehow. There has been talk of a second Sacramento visit, but I'm not sure that's plausible now since he is believed to be headed back to Spain on Sunday. - Sam Amick, SacBee
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=915727

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Like the opening post said, though, I don't see the Thunder taking Rubio when they already have a well-established point guard in Russell Westbrook. They're better off getting improvement at the shooting guard position, and it works out well for them cause they can just pick James Harden.

There's also the fact that Rubio wants to play in a big market, and what bigger market is there than NY? Other teams would have trouble getting him endorsements that pay him enough for the 6.6 million dollars he needs for his buyout, but if he's in New York, that won't be a problem...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I guess we know who Metro's new buttbuddy is now.

I did not say anything to you. It was metrocard who ethered you. Don't take out your frustrations on me.

New? Where you been the last year?

:lol: Your mouth was slobbering all over Trillion's dick, in the Brandon "Jennigs" thread. You kept moaning and screaming, whenever anyone said anything to Trillion. It was almost as if he birthed you. So you really don't have a reason to talk.

metrocard

Legend
nah..its not like Rubio was putting up superstar numbers over there in Europe. He just didn't embarrass himself which is pretty impressive for a guy 5-10 years younger than most of the other players. .

Theres no such thing as superstar numbers in Europe.
Damn, I wish people really did their research than talk out of their ass.

dave2138

Rotation player
and what point are you trying to make..I just said he wasn't a superstar and you said there are no superstars in Europe..so you just agreed with me.

My point was towards the ones that talk as if he was a superstar over there when in realty he was just not embarrassing himself.

metrocard

Legend
You obviously failed to understand you don't need superstar numbers in Europe...the numbers Rubio produced in Europe are legendary itself for such a young player...especially in a league where they favor experience over talent.

Guys like Gasol didn't even make the professional league till their 18...Rubio did it at 14 and produced some really awesome numbers and won defensive player of the year.

Pro career

* Won 3 Catalan National Leagues (2005, 2007, 2008)
* Won the FIBA EuroCup Championship (2006)
* Led the Spanish ACB League in steals (2007, 2009)
* Won the Spanish ACB League Rising Star Award (2007)
* 2-Time FIBA European Young Player of the Year (2007, 2008)
* Won the Spanish King's Cup (2008)
* Won the ULEB Cup Championship (2008)
* All-Spanish ACB League Team (2008)
* Voted the Spanish ACB League's Best Point Guard (2008)
* Mr. Europa European Player of the Year (2008)
* Led the Spanish ACB League in assists (2009)
* Spanish ACB League Defensive Player of the Year (2009)

You can't say that about many 18 year olds in the world.

Especially since the ACB has improved every season, compared to 10 years ago.

Gasol averaged 11.3 points and 5.2 rebounds in just under 24 minutes per game...for FC Barcelona in the year he got drafted #3 overall to the Atlanta Hawks.

Are those superstar numbers?
No
Are you a dumbass?
Yes.

My point is proven...you dont need to average superstar numbers(no such thing) to be successful in the NBA.

Calderon's number in Europe are similar to Charlie Bell in the NBA...but Calderon still manages to put up all star type numbers in the NBA league.

Do your research homie.

dave2138

Rotation player
my point was to look past stats and see that by just competing at his age was impressive enough. So everything you said to try and defend Rubio proved nothing. We all know he is a once in a generation PG prospect..but it has nothing to do with his stats over there. He could have put up Brandon Jennings #s and still be the #2 pick in the draft.

I probably value and want Rubio as much as you do just don't think its realistic.

Its ok, I understand you may be stressed out and confused with fathers day just passing. I'll forgive you for your overreaction.