josh smith to the knicks????

Toons

is the Bo$$
i think josh smith is the most MULTI-TALENTED playe rin the league....before him, it was marion to me. If trevor ariza cud develop a 3 shot, why cant smith?

dpryde

Benchwarmer
i think josh smith is the most talented developing 2 way player
durant is a pure scorer... not much on the line of defense
smith is a scorer rebounder shot blocker and lock down defender
smith is one of the few players that has not ceiliing... he can be as good as he wants and as good as a coach will let him be
d'antoni's style fits him perfectly he can shut down a big time scorer on one end and get into the break on offense throwning down dunks or hitting his mid range jumper... players like him, lbj, wade, amare, and bosh (all slashers/inside guys) will be even more efective if we can surround them with shooters to spread the floor... we may have the ability to do so with gallo, draft s curry , and then get a second rounder and draft another shooter in wayne ellington..... all of a sudden we are a team with star slashers and are deadly from 3 different positions at 3 point range

good post, i really do like smith but i hope he improves his attitude. if he exhibits a great work ethic he will become that great player. but even though i love him i still say hes 2nd to durant. smith cant even imagine to be as fluent and unstoppable as a scorer that durant will be. and durant has length like smith, which will help him block shots, and be pesky (not great) on defense. also smith does not have great vision, that is he cannot create for teammates. durant does. i dont think you could win a championship with smith as your first option. i just dont see his shot ever reaching true consistency and his passing is still okay but not great. once durant gains some muscle and experience he will be the guy you can build championships around as the first option. thus why i still maintain hes the more talented of the two.

mafra

Legend
I would love Smith. Man, just what the Knicks need (and help them attract Lebron).

Guy plays defense!

Plus, he also has playoff experience. Very key!

Smith, Gallo, Chandler would be a nice trio.

Add Terrence Williams or a point guard to that in this draft; sign Gortat.... Now the Knicks are building something to attract them stars in 2010!

Gman56

Rookie
man the idea of getting josh smith is nice

the ideal lineup this year would be:

PG: Duhon/Douglas/free agent?
SG: Chandler/Hughes
SF: J. Smith/Gallo
PF: Hill/Wilcox
C: Curry/Milicic (weakest spot unless we keep Lee)

clumsy

Rotation player
Dude is living off of his natural ability at this point so if we got him what you see is what you would get (which is still worlds better than anyone we have). I'm pretty sure that he has poor work ethic and that will not improve

Coastyn

Rookie
I love this thread, I think josh is the absolute perfect piece of the knicks puzzle...If by chance we get j kidd, imagine hill and smith at the 4 and the 5 running the floor and catching alleys all day. One thing i don't understand about these recent forums is...Why isnt CHRIS DUHON nor AL HARRINGTON talked about in trade rumors...these guys have limited years on their contracts and could stir up alot of interests with other teams to get big names.... I think J. Smith is the key, though