Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knicks Covet Jordan Hill

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

J.J. Reddick is one of the worst players in the NBA...theres a lot of guys in the world who can hit a 3pt shot. Reddick has too many inferior aspects in his game to be on a basketball court.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

This Jordan Hill rumor is more bogus from "Miss the Mark" Berman...

In his warped perspective that he can influence Knickland, he makes up this rumor so that teams that pick before the Knicks grab Jordan and someone like Rubio, Harden or Curry falls to the 8th spot.

They hype this poor Hill up like he's the future Amare Stoudamire, and he may well become a good player... but chances are that he might just be another Chris Wilcox, someone who's just not good enough to waste a top10 pick.

Knicks plan A is trading up to #2 to get Rubio
    Knicks plan B is grabbing Curry
    Knicks plan C is to get rid of Eddy Curry

Jordan Hill?... dang, the thought just brings back memories of Frye over Bynum.

Originally Posted by mafra
    As a DUKE fan, I'll be the first to admit that Lawson is very good. He's strong (like a Bull) and VERY quick. With the new NBA rules.... He'll break defenses down and get into the paint. He's tireless, and would work well in this system. I don't love his shot, but he makes the big shot- and he'll improve that part of his game.

I never saw Rubio play.... Other than Curry, I would take Lawson over all the other PGs. I do like Flynn, but didn't people notice.... w/out Lawson UNC was just a good team....

Anyway, if the Knicks could trade back, grab an extra pick and walk away with Lawson & Terrence Williams.... We would have our backcourt of the future.

Is there a way we could trade for JJ Redick? Really complete our backcourt?
    Because you are a Duke fan you want your boy to do good but please don't bring JJ Redick here again.

lol @ JJ Reddick in a knicks uniform, and all jordan hill to me is an athletic etan thomas. this is ny, we want the best not some soon-to-be average pro.

Veteran

Originally Posted by mafra
    As a DUKE fan, I'll be the first to admit that Lawson is very good. He's strong (like a Bull) and VERY quick. With the new NBA rules.... He'll break defenses down and get into the paint. He's tireless, and would work well in this system. I don't love his shot, but he makes the big shot- and he'll improve that part of his game.

I never saw Rubio play.... Other than Curry, I would take Lawson over all the other PGs. I do like Flynn, but didn't people notice.... w/out Lawson UNC was just a good team....

Anyway, if the Knicks could trade back, grab an extra pick and walk away with Lawson & Terrence Williams.... We would have our backcourt of the future.

Is there a way we could trade for JJ Redick? Really complete our backcourt?

This was a great post untill u mentioned JJ Redick....damn!

The only natural PG in this draft class are Ty Lawson, Rubio, Jennings, Flynn, Collison, and Mills.

PG-Lawson and SG-Terrence Williams tandem would be an explosive pair to put together. I would still keep Nate & Duhon for 2 to 4 seasons.

Jordan Hill is still the Knicks #1 player to get out of this draft...

I don't understand why people can't see that Reddick is not really that bad. Watching the finals he made some excellent plays, he actually improved a lot since college although his shooting took a hit. His vision and unselfishness is a lot better. Plus he's quite good defensively, puts a lot of effort in. Add to that the fact that he should be cheap and as a 2nd option at the 2 I don't see why people are so down on him.

Originally Posted by smokes
    I don't understand why people can't see that Reddick is not really that bad. Watching the finals he made some excellent plays, he actually improved a lot since college although his shooting took a hit. His vision and unselfishness is a lot better. Plus he's quite good defensively, puts a lot of effort in. Add to that the fact that he should be cheap and as a 2nd option at the 2 I don't see why people are so down on him.
    If you call bricking open 3s in overtime when your team needs a spark "great" go ahead.

Reddick does not impress me whatsoever.

his defense is better than his shooting, as far as im concerned....

I want to see one of these guys in orange and blue
    1. Rubio
    2. Hill
    3. Lawson

nothing else. to hell with stephen curry. id rather keep nate.

Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    If you call bricking open 3s in overtime when your team needs a spark "great" go ahead.

Reddick does not impress me whatsoever.

his defense is better than his shooting, as far as im concerned....

I want to see one of these guys in orange and blue
    1. Rubio
    2. Hill
    3. Lawson

nothing else. to hell with stephen curry. id rather keep nate.
    Those weren't his best moments but he shouldn't even be out there in overtime. Hell the Magic should never have let those games go to overtime. He definately showed some promise as a backup during the playoffs and as a cheap gun if he found his shooting touch again he'd be an excellent pickup.

I don't understand why you can't see that redick is bad. Let me show you how he did in the playoffs when he got a lot of minutes after C. Lee got injured.

From 4/28 to 5/17 in 9 playoff games his stats were:

29.7 MPG, 7.2 PPG, 2.3 APG, 1.5 RPG, 0.77 SPG, .306 FG%

He scored 3 times in double digits in that span(15, 12, 15) and stunk up the house the other 6 times (6, 5, 2, 3, 2, 5).

Although he shoot good from the free throw line 12 for 13 he only got there 13 times in 9 games playing 30min per game. Is that your second option?

He also played 27 minutes in one game in the finals and he did bad as well (2-9 FG, 1-6 on 3pt good for 5 points, 1 assist, 2 reb)

Now you go figure how is that good. The guy showed he can't play even when given extended minutes.

Second option as in backup 2 guard.

He's cheap, he's a good defender, he can spot up and score, he's improving and he's still young. I'm not saying he's an amazing player I know he is not good and unpolished but he has some ceiling. What did Larry Hughes do for us this year on 27 mpg average? Sweet **** all is what. And he is on a 12 million contract.

He's a sophomore guy who stunk up his first year no doubt. But he has improved decently and I don't see why you expect a sophomore to come out and play great consistent ball after being backup to Pietrus and Lee all season.

Reddick = Hughes but younger and for less money.

Second option as in backup 2 guard.

He's cheap, he's a good defender, he can spot up and score, he's improving and he's still young. I'm not saying he's an amazing player I know he is not good and unpolished but he has some ceiling. What did Larry Hughes do for us this year on 27 mpg average? Sweet **** all is what. And he is on a 12 million contract.

He's a sophomore guy who stunk up his first year no doubt. But he has improved decently and I don't see why you expect a sophomore to come out and play great consistent ball after being backup to Pietrus and Lee all season.

Reddick = Hughes but younger and for less money.

He is not a sophomore any more that was last year. He is been around for three years now(06-07, 07-08, 08-09) and he is 25 already ( his b-day is next week). That is his ceiling.
    If you want to see Hughes stats when he was 25 I will help you(that's y he got paid that much and not by us.)

38.7 MPG, 22 PPG 4.7 APG, 6.2 RPG 2.9 SPG

Hughes 2008-2009 seasson stats are still better than reddick's.

Young reddick is worse then 30 year old and broken hughes. If is about money I rather stick with Joe Crawford. He is also 25 and given reddick minutes will prolly put same numbers if not better. He also makes less than 500k.

PS. We only got hughes just so we can drop Jerome James contract.

Jordan Hill has bust written all over him. I'd rather take Austin Daye then him at the 8.

My mian thing with Redick is I'm risking he'll improve. Forget the shot, I did like how he created shots for other people in the playoffs (at times). He also ht a HUGE three in the Finals.... Anyway, I'm justing looking at 2010, and trying to determine who is that guy we bring off the bench to stretch the defense and hit a 3?

The problem with Harrington & Hughes is attitude. They are not role players, team players.... It's all about them.

Redick is nothing special... BUT, if I could get him for cheap (which I doubt ORL will just give away anyway).... Why not? For the little money we'll give him (it allows us to send the money on the other guys).... He would serve a purpose.... Who knows.... Maybe even be our Kerr-Pax for Lebron.

Anyway, not worth arguing b/c he's been a bust so far, and I'm not looking for him to fill a major role, and we wont be able to get him for nothing anyway....

I would prefer to sign Gortat, and then buy Smith from ATL.

MY MAIN THING: PLEASE, Donnie Walsh.... PLEASE.... do not draft Jrue Holliday or Brandon Jennings. I think I'll throw up a little in my mouth if that happens.

I would prefer Terrence Williams, or even Lawson or Flynn to Jrue.

TW is perfect b/c if we sign Lebron & a Big man in 2010, to go with Gallo.... Then we need a role player who will accept being a team player, who can defend, pass, rebound, dribble and who will excel in that position- that is not Jrue.... It is Williams!

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

with days till the draft Walsh has noarrowed his list to

Curry, Evans, and Hliday in that order, Hill might be considered also

iat this point i want Lawson Evans and Curry anyone of those im happy.

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    with days till the draft Walsh has noarrowed his list to

Curry, Evans, and Hliday in that order, Hill might be considered also

iat this point i want Lawson Evans and Curry anyone of those im happy.
    I read that rumor too. Looks like we're not even trying to trade up or down.