Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knicks Covet Jordan Hill

Originally Posted by SLY1984
    forget about hill.

Knicks should take a PG this year, and then take a BIG (PF/C) next year.

We pick up Lawson this year, and get Ed Davis next year
    we're not getting ed davis, sly.he'll be the number 1 pick next year.

Originally Posted by ANU
    I think Wall and Stephenson might beg to differ, anu.

I'm hoping we can at least get a pick for next years draft. it looks to be a strong one.

forget about hill.

your right this yr is deep at pg and next year has more quality bigmen like davis monroe and aldrich

however lawson at 8 is stupid... hes good but has not nealry as much room for improvement or star capability as any of the other guys from rubio all the way down to flynn

forget about hill.

Originally Posted by ANU
    We dont have a pick next year and even if we get one on draft night or in july is not going to be lottery. Teams that are bad (or think that are not playoff bound) protect their picks for at least 2 years. Hence our pick next year where the Jazz have waited for so many years to become unprotected.

Originally Posted by brooklyn_baller318
    your right this yr is deep at pg and next year has more quality bigmen like davis monroe and aldrich

however lawson at 8 is stupid... hes good but has not nealry as much room for improvement or star capability as any of the other guys from rubio all the way down to flynn

you must be a curry fan

weren't you the guy who said that you would rather have curry or flynn instead of rubio???

lawson has playmaker ability. go look at some tapes on lawson and then come and talk to me.

Lawson>>>>>Flynn, Curry

Flynn is weak, and won't be able to finish at the rim in the NBA the way Lawson can. What sets Lawson apart from others is his strength. He might be short, but his strength makes up for it. Flynn is short and weak.

The only thing Curry has on Lawson is shooting. Lawson is stronger, a better leader, better defense, better slasher. Curry is really overrated. Him going top 5 would be ridiculous.

Superstar

I don't understand..with all the hype of Lawson on this forum you would think he would be challenging Griffin for the #1 spot. Why is it that everywhere else he a border line lottery pick and more likely in the 17-21 range? What are they missing or what are you overrating?

Also say the unlikely happens that Curry goes #7 who do you guys want to be picked at #8. Most of you don't want the best available player left in Hill..
    most don't like the other pg projected to go in that area with Flynn, Jennings..

This is open to everyone..besides Ty Lawson who would you be happy with at #8 if Stephon Curry is gone, Memphis does the logical thing and drafts Ricky Rubio for themselves, and the knicks won't trade down for a #15-20 pick to draft Lawson.

Superstar

Default Rubio

The Knicks have not "publicly" indicated any real interest in Rubio. And Rubio has been pretty quiet too. This is odd because Rubio is a natural fit for the Knicks and New York would be a wonderful place for Rubio.

The Knicks are not likely to get him at the 8th spot and they will have more trade assets -- sign and trades for Lee or Nate -- after the draft than before the draft. In other words, it will be harder to trade up than to make a trade in early July for draft rights Perhaps whomever we pick at 8 will be designed to fit the needs/desires of the team that happens to draft a Rubio or a Curry. Since we have so many needs, it will be a reasonable pick anyway.

Donnie Walsh is being patient and keeping a low public profile. Somehow I think we are going to end up with Rubio or Curry although not at the 8th spot.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Jordon Hill is the best selection for the Knicks next to Blake Griffin.

All u guys want a PG for punka$$ Dantoni....when your blind to see that the Phoenix Suns success, system, and leadership was from their highest paid player Shawn Matrix Marion.
    Plus the only PG in this draft class that will have a impact of success in his rookie season is little Ty Lawson.
    Curry is a small SG like RIP that will shoot the lights out when surrounded by the right teammates (defensive leaders SF-Prince & PG-Billups).

Hill is the only player in this draft the Knicks should trade down for other than Blake Griffin.
    Walsh showed brilliance in having a private workout with Jordan Hill....and should do whatever he can to make him a Knick next season...

The Knicks only have one reliable Bigman which is a FA (David Lee)....the Raptors Bosh, 76ers Brand, and Celtics Big Baby are 10 times better than Jefferies, Gallo, Harington, and Chandler at the PF position in the Atlantic Division. And the weak PF in the conference like Tyson and Villenueva have season highs on our SF that are playing way out of position at the PF spot.

Originally Posted by dave2138
    I don't understand..with all the hype of Lawson on this forum you would think he would be challenging Griffin for the #1 spot. Why is it that everywhere else he a border line lottery pick and more likely in the 17-21 range? What are they missing or what are you overrating?

Also say the unlikely happens that Curry goes #7 who do you guys want to be picked at #8. Most of you don't want the best available player left in Hill..
    most don't like the other pg projected to go in that area with Flynn, Jennings..

This is open to everyone..besides Ty Lawson who would you be happy with at #8 if Stephon Curry is gone, Memphis does the logical thing and drafts Ricky Rubio for themselves, and the knicks won't trade down for a #15-20 pick to draft Lawson.
    It's basically his height. It's really hard for an NBA player under 6' to be a lottery pick. But height is overrated, it won't stop him from being an effective PG in the NBA.

I would like to draft Tyreke Evans too. He has defense, athleticism, slashing ability, playmaking ability. He'll be a very good player.

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    It's basically his height. It's really hard for an NBA player under 6' to be a lottery pick. But height is overrated, it won't stop him from being an effective PG in the NBA.
    It has to be more than that like the feeling that he is injury prone and may not be able to go 82 games. Height is an handicap but last year DJ Augustin 5'11' and 172pounds went #9 and this year Flynn is the same height and he is projected a lock for the lottery.

Originally Posted by DANUTZ39
    It has to be more than that like the feeling that he is injury prone and may not be able to go 82 games. Height is an handicap but last year DJ Augustin 5'11' and 172pounds went #9 and this year Flynn is the same height and he is projected a lock for the lottery.
    Yeah, that's another misconception. He played through an ankle injury in the NCAA championship game. Still had 21 points, 6 assists, 8 steals.

you must be a curry fan

weren't you the guy who said that you would rather have curry or flynn instead of rubio???

lawson has playmaker ability. go look at some tapes on lawson and then come and talk to me.
    ok relax buddy
    my comment about wanting flynn or curry over rubio was that i didnt want to give up people like lee or chandler for rubio....
    i didnt think it was worth it when you can have a shooter like curry that everyone thinks will translate wuite well into the pg role
    and flynn has already shown he can play the pg and is one of the most athletic people in the draft

i did not say rubio was worse then them i just didnt think it was worth trading up knowing what it would take

and while lawson has playmaking pg ability there is a reason why every single expert in the country does not have lawson even in the conversation for the knicks at 8... however, lawson will be a prime target for the knicks if they decide to trade down or get a second pick which he should be but lawson is not in the top ten of this draft...

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by brooklyn_baller318
    ok relax buddy
    my comment about wanting flynn or curry over rubio was that i didnt want to give up people like lee or chandler for rubio....
    i didnt think it was worth it when you can have a shooter like curry that everyone thinks will translate wuite well into the pg role
    and flynn has already shown he can play the pg and is one of the most athletic people in the draft

i did not say rubio was worse then them i just didnt think it was worth trading up knowing what it would take

and while lawson has playmaking pg ability there is a reason why every single expert in the country does not have lawson even in the conversation for the knicks at 8... however, lawson will be a prime target for the knicks if they decide to trade down or get a second pick which he should be but lawson is not in the top ten of this draft...
    What makes an expert an expert? Are they certified or some ****? Please tell me.

You're 100% wrong...Lawson is the best NCAA point guard in this draft. Everyone else is a combo guard; Holiday/Curry/Evans...Flynn is great, but his passing doesn't come close to Lawson's.

Only pure PG's in this draft are Rubio, Lawson and Fylnn

This article will **** completely on your post.

Teams are reportedly starting to come around on North Carolina point guard Ty Lawson.

Lawson has taken some criticism because of both his size and style of play, but he's been great in a number of pre-draft workouts.

If Lawson goes in the top-ten, it would likely slide Jrue Holiday and Jonny Flynn down the draft board.

ESPN has reported that Lawson could go No. 8 to the Knicks if Stephen Curry and Jordan Hill are gone. He appears to be a fit for the Bucks (10th), Pacers (13th) and 76ers (17th) as well.

As a DUKE fan, I'll be the first to admit that Lawson is very good. He's strong (like a Bull) and VERY quick. With the new NBA rules.... He'll break defenses down and get into the paint. He's tireless, and would work well in this system. I don't love his shot, but he makes the big shot- and he'll improve that part of his game.

I never saw Rubio play.... Other than Curry, I would take Lawson over all the other PGs. I do like Flynn, but didn't people notice.... w/out Lawson UNC was just a good team....

Anyway, if the Knicks could trade back, grab an extra pick and walk away with Lawson & Terrence Williams.... We would have our backcourt of the future.

Is there a way we could trade for JJ Redick? Really complete our backcourt?