Some hot rumors from legit sources

metrocard

Legend
NFT: NBA Draft/Offseason 6/18
DanMetroMan : 9:29 am
- MONSTER trade rumor... Al Jefferson and the #6 pick for Amare Stoudemire (seems like an AMAZING deal for the Suns if you ask me). Probably means Rubio would go #6 to the Suns to replace Nash. KTAR says this rumor is 100% false (Boston Globe are the ones reporting it).

- The Knicks want a second look at Jrue Holiday

- Danny Ainge said flat out that Rondo will not be traded

- The Kings apparently LOVE Flynn and may take him #4 overall

- Josh Smith rumors are currently false as he can't be traded until 1 year has passed since the Hawks matched his offer from the Grizz unless he asks for a trade

- White Chocolate intends on playing in the NBA again this year

- Draftexpress reporting that the Grizzlies have narrowed their #2 pick prospects to Thabeet and Harden and if they select Rubio it is to trade him

-TONS of people reporting the Knicks are desperate to move up to #2 with people guessing they want everyone from Rubio to Curry to Thabeet.

- Rubio did not workout for the Kings as planned as he came down with a 101 degree fever

- Gerald Henderson would be a HORRIFIC pick at 8

- Alan Hahn quotes ESPN Radio's Jon Rothstein (apparently an expert on college b-ball) as saying Jordan Hill will be as good as Mikki Moore AT BEST.... ouch

- Kevin Love to Memphis for the #2 pick as been discussed apparently

The Sacramento Bee reports that "the Knicks interest in trading for the No.2 pick to swipe Rubio said to be legitimate."

Teams are reportedly starting to come around on North Carolina point guard Ty Lawson.

Lawson has taken some criticism because of both his size and style of play, but he's been great in a number of pre-draft workouts.

If Lawson goes in the top-ten, it would likely slide Jrue Holiday and Jonny Flynn down the draft board.

ESPN has reported that Lawson could go No. 8 to the Knicks if Stephen Curry and Jordan Hill are gone. He appears to be a fit for the Bucks (10th), Pacers (13th) and 76ers (17th) as well.

Golden State has been high on Louisville's Terrence Williams and could potentially take him with the No. 7 pick.

If the Warriors don't select Williams, he could be an option for the Nets (No. 11) and Bobcats (No. 12).

Sources claim that Charlotte has invited Williams back for a second workout, and that he has surpassed Gerald Henderson on Larry Brown's draft board.

The fact that Johnny Flynn, Terrance William, Ty Lawson and

So I'm guessing out draft board looks like this

1. Rubio
2. Curry
3. Hill
4. Lawson

eh...you can't really complain, atleast my two guys are in the picture.

We have a real chance on Rubio now, since Memphis wil trade him if selected, and Kings haven't seen Rubio worked out yet because of his fever.

I just hope we can keep another first round pick.

Not only I want Rubio, we could use a guy like Earl Clark or Jordan Hill...but Rubio is good enough.

Absolutely. The Grizzlies sent a message to Portland and the rest of the league this season with how they handled the Darius Miles situation. Say what you want about owner Michael Heisley but he won't be bullied. Any direct snub or perceived threat by Rubio or his camp will compel the Griz to take him and maintain leverage.

"If we want (Rubio), we're going to take him," Wallace said Wednesday. "We wouldn't have taken a 10-hour flight to Spain if we didn't have interest in him."

Wallace said the organization has sent a similar message to Stephen Curry and guard Jonny Flynn, both of whom have refused to visit Memphis.

.................................................................................

Reports that Heisley has settled on taking Thabeet are erroneous and grossly overblown, as is speculation that coach Lionel Hollins operates with a Thabeet-or-bust mind-set.

Depending on the day, Heisley, Hollins and Wallace are as excited about a potential trade as they are about possibly drafting Thabeet or Rubio. Even guards Curry and DeRozan have become prominent in discussions among decision makers in the organization.

Are the Griz entertaining trade offers for the second pick?

Absolutely. Sacramento, Houston, Boston, Minnesota, Washington and New York are among the teams that have made offers -- some ridiculous.

Are there any potential trades scenarios that have gone underreported?

Sure. The New Jersey Nets are said to be willing to part with point guard Devin Harris. The Griz should ponder if Harris is worth the second pick.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/jun/18/more-questions-than-answers/

Obviously, Rubio is probably the most valued player in this draft...teams are offering their franchise players just for the number two pick.

We mother****ing must be the highest bidder, or Walsh will fail again.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Draft Rubio, trade for Josh Smith and get ready for a premiere free agent in 2010. If we can get that done, Walsh is the man and the Knicks will be on their way to a dynasty.

JayJ44

Starter
I think Rubio ends up being a Knick. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but it seems like it's destined to happen. But Walsh needs to give up whatever is necessary. There's no one on this team that I wouldn't give up for Rubio.

If we trade up to #2, and pick Thabeet or Curry, I will go apeshit crazy. That would be worthy of some "Fire Walsh" signs or something.

portega1968

El Cacique
this is not a rumor, just my random thoughts on the team's possibilities this summer that is spread in various threads:

Considering the Grizz coach has bonded with Conley so they dont need a PG, and that they may lose Warrick to free agency, I wouldnt doubt that Memphis at 2 is a viable target for the Knicks and it may look something like this for it to get done:

Darko Milicic (expiring)
Marko Jaric (2 years left, awesome wife!!!)
Greg Buckner (2 years left)
2nd Pick Ricky Rubio

for

Eddy Curry (two years, 20 pounds less, zero trips to McDonalds)
Jared Jeffries (two years)
Wilson Chandler
8th pick (trojan pairing of Derozan/Mayo?)
$$$$$cash

We'd give up Chandler, which along with Jeffries would help them replace Warrick. Curry in shape down low with Gasol at the 4 could be very good for them with Gay, Mayo, Conley and Derozan/Chandler off the bench.

In our case, we'd shed salary cap space cause Buckner's and Jaric's deals combined are approximately Eddy's salary.

If Donnie can take advantage of the eventual trades of Chris Bosh or Amare Stoudamire with David Lee as bait, or grab Carlos Boozer this summer, that would push us into the 2010 playoffs and set us up for Wade, Lebron and everyone else to come knocking down our doors next summer.

I just sense that many good things will happen in the next 4 weeks!!!! I think FINALLY we will see a significant turnaround in this team.

mafra

Legend
You're giving up WAY too much for Rubio.... How about this:

Memphis drafts Rubio (or Curry) and then in July, we do a sign-&-trade, sending David Lee to the Grizz for Rubio (or Curry).

Anyway, I do expect lots of good thing to happen in the next few weeks. Here's some thing I would like:

1- Sign that big guy Marcin Gortat. Along with the rebirth of Eddie Curry, the Knicks would be set at C next season.

2- Sticking with the Magic; find a way to snag JJ Redick. I highly doubt Stan Van GUndy would welcome Nate Robinson, so that swap doesn't seem logical.... but, maybe we could do something. If we cannot deal for Redick, then try to get Josh Smith from ATL.

3- Try to get TWO first rounders this year. I really want Terrence Williams PLUS one of these point guards (Curry, Rubio, Lawson, Flynn).

If we have:

PG: Curry/Rubio/Lawson/Flynn & Chris Duhon
SG: Wilson Chandler & Terrence Williams
SF: Josh Smith & Al Harrington
PF: Danillo Gallineri & Jared Jeffries
C: Eddie Curry & Marcin Gortat

Add to this JJ Redick.... WOW!

With Curry/Rubio/Lawson/Flynn, Chandler, Gallineri, Gortat, Smith/Redick.... we would be set in 2010.... Just add Lebron and Bosh/Stoudy.... WAM! There's your championship team!

NOW.... we have ammo to make this happen:

David Lee
Nate Robinson
Mobley's contract
Larry Hughes' expiring contract
Q-Richardson & J-Jeff

Let's see Walsh work some MAGIC!

smokes

Huge Member
Reddick actually played pretty nice in the playoff run for the Magic, I certainly wouldn't be mad having him as a 2nd option.

Do you guys really think Gallo is going to be starting next season? Personally I'd rather see us run with Harrington/Lee at PF and have Gallo as our 6th man.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Rubio

Memphis does not have a great need for a point guard. They have Conley and Mayo, who can play some point. I think the best pick for them is Thabeet who could work well with Gasol.

But if Memphis does draft Rubio -- what can we give them as our 8th pick? If Hill is available and we take him, then I think there wiil have been some back room talks with Memphis.

Memphis has Darko with an expiring $7.5M. They also have Jaric for two more years at $7.1M and $7.6M and Buckner for two more year at $4.1M and $4.3M. They have no need for Jaric or Buckner.

As assets, besides the 8th pick, we have Mobley's 80% insured $9.85M contract, and possible sign and trades of Lee and/or Nate in July. We also have Chandler and Gallinari.

I do not count Jeffries or Curry as assets, though a trade of Jeffries for Jaric would be essentially a wash money-wise and Jeffries would probably be more valuable to Memphis than Jaric.

I do not see Memphis wanting to take Curry, at least until mid-season and after he has shown a miraculous make-over. I do not see him as a chip for Rubio.

How far should we go to get Rubio?

Kiyaman

Legend
The only ledgit rumor that I can believe is that the Knicks dum-dum Donnie Walsh want to get another injury prone Euro player (Rubio's wrist now fever)......I see everybody passing over Rubio except......

dpryde

Benchwarmer
Reddick actually played pretty nice in the playoff run for the Magic, I certainly wouldn't be mad having him as a 2nd option.

Do you guys really think Gallo is going to be starting next season? Personally I'd rather see us run with Harrington/Lee at PF and have Gallo as our 6th man.

wtf??? jj redick as our 2nd option? i really hope u didnt mean that.
1st option-al harrington
2nd option- jj redick

hmm that looks like a contender to me lol

TunerAddict

Starter
The only ledgit rumor that I can believe is that the Knicks dum-dum Donnie Walsh want to get another injury prone Euro player (Rubio's wrist now fever)......I see everybody passing over Rubio except......

lol

you crazy

Fever makes u injury prone? Shit....Then I guess every person in the world is injury prone....

mafra

Legend
Redick made a few big shots n the playoffs, and had a very solid Game-6 (against Philly).... He's also a good passer, and can actually create offense off the dribble- not just spot up and shoot. I don't see how NY would get him, but he would be a very solid BACKUP SG. That's it.

Redick is a guy you gambnle on, and bet his BEST basketball is ahead of him. This run-&-gun offense needs shooters.... He could be one of them. And, again, you are banking on getting his best years. This is the sort of gamble the Knicks need to take, to surround Lebron (or whomever) if we want to win.

SO, we already put our money on D-Gallo... We need him to be our Dirk or Turk; get Lebron.... NOw you are building something.

We MUST find our PG in this draft, and I would do whatever I could to grab Terrence Williams. Why? Well, superstars need role players.... team players who do the dirty work. He defends, passes, can dribble (he's a smaller Ariza)...

SO, say we draft Curry, Lawson or Flynn.... We buy DET's 1st round pick and select Williams. Maybe we even get a 2nd rounder & grab the Daye kid from Gonzaga? Now I'm dreaming.

Anyway, you sign Gortat.... BUY Smith from ATL...

The sit back and wait for next year Lebron.

Your team is set. WE MUST get something to attract Lebron.

AND, while I do not mind Harrington, I'm not sure he's suited to be our Lamar Odom (6th man off the bench).... AND, if he's not here in 2010.... This is why I mention JJ Redick.... We need a 3-point scoring option to bring off the bench.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
We MUST find our PG in this draft, and I would do whatever I could to grab Terrence Williams. Why? Well, superstars need role players.... team players who do the dirty work. He defends, passes, can dribble (he's a smaller Ariza)...

SO, say we draft Curry, Lawson or Flynn.... We buy DET's 1st round pick and select Williams. Maybe we even get a 2nd rounder & grab the Daye kid from Gonzaga? Now I'm dreaming.

Good post. I feel the same way. We pick up lawson or terrence williams at 8 (williams' stock is rising so he may have to be picked up first) and then trade chandler and someone else(hughes/mobley's contract) for a mid-first round pick. We use that pick on the other guy (lawson most likely). By picking up williams, chandler becomes expendable.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Memphis does not have a great need for a point guard. They have Conley and Mayo, who can play some point. I think the best pick for them is Thabeet who could work well with Gasol.

But if Memphis does draft Rubio -- what can we give them as our 8th pick? If Hill is available and we take him, then I think there wiil have been some back room talks with Memphis.

Memphis has Darko with an expiring $7.5M. They also have Jaric for two more years at $7.1M and $7.6M and Buckner for two more year at $4.1M and $4.3M. They have no need for Jaric or Buckner.

As assets, besides the 8th pick, we have Mobley's 80% insured $9.85M contract, and possible sign and trades of Lee and/or Nate in July. We also have Chandler and Gallinari.

I do not count Jeffries or Curry as assets, though a trade of Jeffries for Jaric would be essentially a wash money-wise and Jeffries would probably be more valuable to Memphis than Jaric.

I do not see Memphis wanting to take Curry, at least until mid-season and after he has shown a miraculous make-over. I do not see him as a chip for Rubio.

How far should we go to get Rubio?

PG-Rubio
SG-Jaric
SF-Gallinari
PF-Lee
C-Darko

That's a white-ass team!

jpz17

Starter
PG-Rubio
SG-Jaric
SF-Gallinari
PF-Lee
C-Darko

That's a white-ass team!

Mike D'Antoni is a white style coach :thumbsup:

Now, what is the matter with a white team as long as we win???

Imagine:
Rubio
Jaric
Gallinari
Lee
Drik

lol Very Euro style, me like!!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I know metro has a hard on for Rubio but the kid is way overrated. True he's played in the Spanish league since he was 14 and he's only 18 yrs old, but let's not get carried away.

Curry should be the priority followed by Thabeet if we could in fact trade up. Centers and shot blockers are hard to come by. I'd rather have a shot blocker then a point guard that can't shoot. But in reality we've got the eighth pic and don't have much to offer for a higher pick. We may have to settle for who ever is still available at 8.

Orlando Sign in trade Marcin Gortat and Rafer Austin
for David Lee and Mobley's Contract

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Mike D'Antoni is a white style coach :thumbsup:

Now, what is the matter with a white team as long as we win???

Imagine:
Rubio
Jaric
Gallinari
Lee
Drik

lol Very Euro style, me like!!

we used to have all black teams nicknames the new york niggerbockers.

someone needs to nickname this all white team lol