Metro's Mock 3.0

metrocard

Legend
http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_mock_drafts/comments/27081

What am I going this by?
Facts(articles, interviews, promises, top 3 on each team's draft board)
Availability(who will be left at the pick selection)
Value(who available with most trade value for a team that wants cap space or get more draft picks)

Draft notes
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/insider/news/story?page=09Draft...
*Ty Lawson is in mix at Ny, Milwaukee, Indiana, Phoenix, Philadelphia, and Portland picks
*Terrence Williams in in mix at GS, NJ, Charlotte (is on top of their list)
*Gerald Henderson is in mix at NY, Toronto, Charlotte
*Demar Derozan is the guy in Toronto followed by Henderson, James Johnson, Earl Clark
*Sacramento is deciding between Rubio, Flynn and Holiday.
*Minnesota would like to get Rubio, Curry, or Evans
*James Harden is in the mix at Memphis, OKC, Washington
*Stephen Curry is in the mix at OKC, Washington, GS, Minnesota, Charlotte, NY. Supposively he has promises for GS and NY.
*NY would like to get Curry, Evans, Jordan HIll, Holiday, Flynn, or Jennings
*Dejuan Blair is no longer in mix with NJ, Phoenix, Detroit or Portland but is in the mix still with Milwaukee, Charlotte, Indiana, and Chicago
*BJ Mullens is in mix at NY, Tor, Detroit picks
* MIlwaukee no longer has interest in Jeff Teague, but it does have interest in Holiday, Earl Clark, and Demar Derozan
*Tyler Hansbrough is in the mix at Indiana, NJ, Chicago, and Utah
*Eric Maynor is in the mix at Philadelphia
*Jordan Hill is in the mix at GS

JayJ44

Starter
I would be happy with Tyreke Evans. Obviously I prefer Rubio, but Evans will be a very good player. Dwayne Wade is actually a very good comparison.

Williams would be good fit in GS. They need a guy who can defend, pass, and doesn't need the ball to be effective. He would be good fit next to Monta Ellis. Maybe it's a little high, but they get the guy they need.

Eric Maynor would be great in Atlanta. Especially since the Hawks might not bring back Bibby. I think Maynor's underrated.

KBlack25

Starter
I heard that while the Kings liked what they saw from Flynn, they are still extremely high on Jrue Holliday.

I think you also posted earlier that Memphis may stay away from Rubio...my opinion is they should prob. draft Thabeet, while they have Marc Gasol, they could move him to power forward like his brother, and have Conley at the 1, Mayo at the 2 and Gay at the 3...with Thabeet and Gasol clogging the middle. That lineup doesn't sound too bad, but I guess that's because I'm partial to teams with excellent rebounders at 4-5 who do not a ton else (though Gasol can score), complimented by scorers (Mayo, Gay) around them...It's a whole rebounding numbers theory and stat crunching position I have that I don't want to get into because it'd prob. bore everyone.

Bottom line is, while most of the draft looks good (I don't follow college or Amateur bball all that much, so I don't know a ton except really what I read), I don't think Rubio goes at 2 and I don't think Flynn goes at 4...though I'm more sure about the #4 spot.

Edit: Unless of course you are suggesting that the Grizz trade #2 to somebody...which is possible. Word on the street is they fear Rubio holding out or staying in Spain (or I guess both).

metrocard

Legend
as a Knick fan, I wouldn't be mad if we get Evans.
Nash wants to pair up with D'Antoni again, and Knicks may get Sergio Rodriguez, so I'm not that worried about PG...unless we miraculously get Ricky Rubio in a trade with Memphis...but I would really like to keep Evans...I honestly did a lot of research, and players like him just explode and break out in the NBA...I really see him joining Wade and in crew, has all the tools you need for a NBA superstar. People thought the kid was an as$hole...but he really matured and accepted being a PG playing pass first basketball for Memphis which showed a lot, because he was such a prolific scorer in high school and the beginning year of Memphis. Evans is 6"5 and 221 lbs...really strong build with a lot of defensive potential...good help defender like Wade, and he rebounds well. Am I the only intrigued by Evans? I know I'm late, but I'm all for the Knicks doing this pick, even though D'Antoni loves Stephon Curry who will most likely be gone by 6.

OCK needs a veteran big man to lead that young team...I don't see how they improve with putting all that responsibility on a center who needs to be babied and his hand held throughout the league.

Best case for the Thunder is to use the MLE to sign a veteran big man.

They have an excellent trio in Westbrook, Durant and Green...Sefalosha and Krstc are very good role players for them...Collinson is ight, and they have a reliable back up in Watson.

They just need a solid veteran big man who can bang and grab some boards.

They should draft HARDEN...he would spread out the floor and take off the ball handling responsibilities that may be too much for an average ball handler like Westbrook.

PG - Westbrook
SG - Harden
SF - Durant
PF - Green
C - Krstic

Bench
Sefa
Watson
Collison
#25 pick
MLE free agent.

NOT BAD at all for a young developing franchise.

+ OCK needs a shooter BADLY, that can't be denied, right guys? OCK needs to take the best scorer/shooter available at a position that isn't PG. That man is Harden.

KBlack25

Starter
I agree on your OKC assessment, I have seen some mock drafts having them taking a PG, saying they'd turn Westbrook into a 2 guard. I don't see it, if I were them I'd have faith in Westbrook to at least be serviceable, in what little I saw from him (basically the 2 games this year the Thunder played the Knicks), I thought he was pretty decent.

It'd be silly for them to pick a PG in my opinion, I agree Harden is probably the best fit, but in terms of explaining the pick to their fans, Thabeet may be easiest to EXPLAIN. They SHOULD pick Harden, I wouldn't be shocked if they went for Thabeet if he was on the board.

dave2138

Rotation player
yeah good evaluation on Evans. I know Minnesota is all over him, but you never know, they may go Jennings or Curry instead. That's going to be the most interesting pick in the draft before us I think. The knicks have to take Evans if he is still there, even over Curry.

Yeah, I thought Oklahoma originally would go Thabeet over Harden..but look at next year with Monroe, Aldrich, Davis, Favors, draft express also has some Lithuanian 7 footer as a top 5 pick, Oklahoma can wait for next year to get a C/PF. They should have 2 lottery picks next year giving them a lot of options. Might as well go with the sure thing now in Harden rather than a potential bust in Thabeet.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Evans is going to be a sick NBA player he is NBA ready, he has he tools and body(no homo) to come in and average 15 points especially in this system, and i'd like to have Evans play some pg if we ever need him to, so i hope Walsh picks him if Rubio and Curry are off the board.

metrocard

Legend
Evans is going to be a sick NBA player he is NBA ready, he has he tools and body(no homo) to come in and average 15 points especially in this system, and i'd like to have Evans play some pg if we ever need him to, so i hope Walsh picks him if Rubio and Curry are off the board.

Co-signage.

Toons

is the Bo$$
pretty accurate draft...the way things are going now thats how it looks....i wouldnt b mad with evanse either

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
They should draft HARDEN...he would spread out the floor and take off the ball handling responsibilities that may be too much for an average ball handler like Westbrook.

PG - Westbrook
SG - Harden
SF - Durant
PF - Green
C - Krstic

Bench
Sefa
Watson
Collison
#25 pick
MLE free agent.

NOT BAD at all for a young developing franchise.

+ OCK needs a shooter BADLY, that can't be denied, right guys? OCK needs to take the best scorer/shooter available at a position that isn't PG. That man is Harden.

I heard they would draft curry and then take westbrook and put him at the 2....