wizards trade #5 pick to twolves

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
The Wizards and Timberwolves have agreed in principle to a trade involving Washington's No. 5 pick in Thursday's draft, a league source told SI.com.
The Wizards will receive Randy Foye and Mike Miller while the Timberwolves will get the No. 5 pick, Etan Thomas, Darius Songaila and Oleksiy Pecherov.
The trade leaves Minnesota with the Nos. 5 and 6 picks in the lottery.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Holy sh*t! The T-Wolves have the 5th, 6th, 18th and 28th picks in the first round!!

The T-Wolves will select Ricky Rubio. Write it in the books now.

There goes our chances of drafting anybody good now. And there go our chances of moving Jeffries or Hughes. More mediocrity for the Knicks. F#@k!!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
that should be us....those fags. everyones so pissed about the near guarentee of losing rubio curry and evans i forgot we CANT TRADE JEFFRIES AND HUGHES NO MORE

This is just reality slapping us in the face. We don't have the assets to make significant moves. For the near future, we're stuck with the crap we got.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
dam mike miller wanted out cuz they werent passin him the ball

works out well for both teams if wolves actually get rubio

knicks got no1 to trade, shouldnt come as a surprise

hughes & jeffries are finished, im really curious who's dumb enough to pick em up, maybe the clips

ill be ****ed if knikcs dont at least pick up curry

is this draft even gonna have a second round seriously

TunerAddict

Starter
**** THE TIMBERWOLVES, **** THE WIZARDS, AND JUST ****, ****, ****, ****, MOTHER****ER, ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHADSKHANHADFKLHAhaejgnadf;jasdlganh;asjkgnsdf kijrtrpfioahbnsdkhmsdnag krslh;nlsdlhusihyl;trhujstf

iSaYughh

Starter
Going to be sik to see Rubio, Evans, Curry and Hill picked off one by one. This draft is 'weak' but has had potential for us to cherry pick some classy picks and build a solid base for '10 and 11' FAs..can only pray we make a move for Lawson in the mid-1st. :crossfingers:

Why is it that when the Knicks are involved in a rape we're the ones on all fours....and our "boldness" is best repped by ensuring Jerome James a lifetime supply of Happy Meals.....:boohoo:

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Going to be sik to see Rubio, Evans, Curry and Hill picked off one by one. This draft is 'weak' but has had potential for us to cherry pick some classy picks and build a solid base for '10 and 11' FAs..can only pray we make a move for Lawson in the mid-1st. :crossfingers:

Why is it that when the Knicks are involved in a rape we're the ones on all fours....and our "boldness" is best repped by ensuring Jerome James a lifetime supply of Happy Meals.....:boohoo:

Overall, well said. Welcome to the forum bro.

These past 8 years have been us being destroyed constantly. So, im going to take a guess and say Minny will draft Rubio/Curry and Evans.

Ok, Donnie, don't draft jrue. draft freaking Lawson, please.

Prove to me i can still believe...

Last edited:

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
This might turn out to be a blessing in disguise. The wolves are known for drafting crap players, so expect them to pick up curry and hill or holiday and hill. Brandon jennings could also be in that mix. That will leave us with quality picks at the 8th. Guys like Evans, Lawson, and Williams.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Assuming Griffin, Thabeet, Curry, Rubio, and Evans are all picked and we stay put at #8.

What's left for us?

Who knows if Hill or Jennings will also be on the board by then....

Seriously....

Derozan, Flynn, Lawson at #8 to NY?!

Donnie needs to move us up in this draft.....

Seriously.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
...and with the 8th pick in the 2009 NBA draft...the New York Knicks select...Jrue Holiday

BOOOOOOO!!!!!

Last edited:
this really isnt all that bad for us, WOuld you rather wizards kept the 5 pick and or traded it to a team in the eastern conference, the t wolves dont effect us at all, and mike miller is way past his prime, and kyle lowry doesnt really make them that much better, who ever was available at pick 5 will be better than either player.

plus the trade developments allow us to keep wilson chandler, who I feel is better than any number 5 or later pick in the draft this year.

face it I said this a few posts ago, we will have the 8th pick and continue working on trading away bad salaries.

this draft truly isnt going to make us a better team, i doubt it will even make the clippers a better team and they have the no.1 pick.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
I really don't understand the mindset of Ernie Grundfeld on this deal! That team needs size and shot blocking and he trades the #5 pick for two guards? Mike Miller was horrible last season averaging less than 9 shots a ball game and Randy Foye is still not ready for prime time. Why didn't they offer that to the Pistons for Hamilton/Prince who are been shop around the league. This is ridiculous from the Wizards point of view and I really thought Ernie was one of the best minds as a GM. Now they have the 5 and 6 slots and could easily take Evans and Curry. Or Harden and Rubio.

New New York

Quiet Storm
But who's to say The Wizards are done dealing? They can still deal us James for Jefferies straight up.

I dont think this is as bad as some of you are making it seem.

Honestly with this year's crop being thought to be weak, I would trade Jefferies and the number 8 to Washington for James and an unprotected pick next year

Last edited:

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I really don't understand the mindset of Ernie Grundfeld on this deal! That team needs size and shot blocking and he trades the #5 pick for two guards? Mike Miller was horrible last season averaging less than 9 shots a ball game and Randy Foye is still not ready for prime time. Why didn't they offer that to the Pistons for Hamilton/Prince who are been shop around the league. This is ridiculous from the Wizards point of view and I really thought Ernie was one of the best minds as a GM. Now they have the 5 and 6 slots and could easily take Evans and Curry. Or Harden and Rubio.

I think he's expecting Gil to get injured again. I dont understand this sh*t either.