Knicksonline Consensus Draftboard

Will the 8th pick of the 2009 NBA draft...the New York Knicks select...

• Jordan Hill 6"11 230 PF/C Comparision: Chris Wilcox meets Ronny Turiaf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • James Johnson 6"8 257 SF Comparision: Ryan Gomes

• Jrue Holiday 6"4 199 PG/SG Comparison: Mardy Collins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

metrocard

Legend
Realistically, Griffin, Thabeet, Rubio, Evans, Curry, Flynn, Harden will be gone by 8.

So who do you want left on the board?

Make a top 5 draft board.

Mines is

1. DeJuan Blair
2. Ty Lawson
3. Gerald Henderson
4. Jordan Hill (sadly)
5. Terrance Williams

Last edited:

Scribbles

Rotation player
All that we're left with is:

Brandon Jennings
Jordan Hill
Ty Lawson
Jrue Holiday
Gerald Henderson

Pick your poison. If Jennings is off the board - I'll just trade down (dump off a contract) in the event we can't trade up and hope that come July 1st we can land a marque player through trades.

OffDutyNJ

Rookie
Why am I the only one who thinks we NEED Thabeet more than any other player available?
If we are trading up for anyone, it should be him!

ps. this is my 1st post! after watching for about a year..

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
if those are the players available then its either Lawson Flynn or Jennings in that order for me anyone else im tight.

iSaYughh

Starter
1. Hill
2. Jennings
3. Lawson
4. Blair
5. Henderson

*i'd like to see us snag a mid-ish 1st and have one of the PGs fall, pick Hill or Blair w/ our 8 and pray

JayJ44

Starter
1. Lawson
2. Terrance Williams
3. Blair (I think he can become Charles Barkley like)
4. Gerald Henderson
5. Trade it

Hopefully Walsh drafts Lawson, given that scenario. I think he went to UNC, so hopefully he'll be biased.

portega1968

El Cacique
Assuming www.draftexpress.com has the first 7 picks right and none of them fall to 8th:

A. Im not convinced on Holiday... Flynn has moved up to 4th but Holiday will probably fall out of the top 10

B.My draftboard at 8th:
1. Brandon "Who's Kiki?" Jennings
2. Jordan Hill (D'Antoni thinking Amare here, but more like Kiya's Tazman)
3. Gerald "at least Im not Dan Grunfeld" Henderson
4. Ty Lawson (4 yrs, a title and no respect, right PsychoT?)
5. Terrence Williams (I know Nate, Jamal and Brandon Roy!!!)

Knicks will probably trade up or get another pick.. I doubt they'll stay put like last year.

Earl Clark may be a good target if trading into the mid-teens.

Maybe the Minny 28th pick rumor is to go after Jonas Jerebko, swedish star in Italy league, if he's available before the Lakers tradeup to grab him.

Toons

is the Bo$$
All done here...Steph Curry still says he hopes to be a Knick..Jennings says he won't be a Knick bc "its clear who they want."

haans twitter

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Draft

I am hoping that Hill is not available at 8 because that would likely mean that Curry or Flynn would be available. And if we get Darko for Q-Rich, there is less of a need for Hill.

I see Griffen at 1, Thabeet at 2, Rubio and Harden, at 3, 4 or 5, Evans at 3, 4, 5, or 6, Hill at 7 and either Curry or Flynn at somewhere between 3 and 6 inclusive.

Its a toss-up for me between Flynn and Curry, but I am starting to lean toward Flynn. So --

1. Flynn/Curry
2. Jennings
3. Holiday
4. Henderson
5. Lawson

Blas

Benchwarmer
If in fact those guys are off the board then

1) Lawson
2) Williams (should be able to trade chandler away if we need to)
3) Henderson
4) Trade it
5) Holiday

Blas

Benchwarmer
I honestly think the safest pick in this draft is Ty Lawson. His biggest negative is his size which shouldn't be a huge issue considering the success CP3 and parker have had.

I think we are taking our risk with last years draft pick Gallo, and with such a weak draft this year we should go with something solid especially since Lawson is definitely well in our reach.

I would like to make one change on my top five, I'd replace Holiday with Derozan. To me Derozan has shown a lot more on his workouts then Holiday. Holiday has confidence issues and who knows if he can ever break out of that (see Kwame). If we took Derozan at 8 I wouldn't be pist, but it would be another risk pick.

metrocard

Legend
Lawson would be the wisest choice, but Donnie or D'Antoni haven't shown much interest.

Hopefully Rubio or Evans falls to 8...

KingCharles34

All Star
I voted for ty lawson...i've had my eye on him since last year (no homo). In my opinion, Rubio and Lawson are the 2 best point guards in the draft. I dont think Rubio will be available at 8 but most gm's dont think Lawson will be picked until later in the draft. Even though the media seems to be riding Stephen Curry as if they were his girlfriend, im not a believer. His father was a garbage defender, hence the reason why they called him Ell Curry (without the D). I just got a bad feeling that were gonna pick him.