Breaking: Knicks Buy Minnesota's 28th Pick

mafra

Legend
NICE. I was sad after reading this from Marc Stein:

"Bonus Wolves nugget: Kahn's willingness to take on Darius Songaila, who is scheduled to earn $4.5 million next season, looks like the clincher that persuaded Washington to take Minnesota's offer over New York's for the Wizards' lottery pick: Randy Foye and Mike Miller in exchange for No. 5, Etan Thomas, Oleksiy Pecherov and Songaila. Shedding Songaila wasn't an option in a deal with the Knicks built around Wizards ex Larry Hughes."

BUT, now I'm happy again.... Gibson, Daye, Collison, Calethes.... there will be someone this team could use; and it makes up for not having a #1 next year!

NOW we just need to find a way to snag Rubio, Curry, Evans or Flynn.

jpz17

Starter
JA Adande said this is officially off. No official report. Just inside word.

It was never really talked about

Twolves said no.

knicks wanted to get the 28th to use to move up and take curry

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Minnesota

I doubt that Minnesota will want to keep all 4 of their first round picks and the guaranteed contracts that go with them. They have a couple of second round picks as well.

Surely they will keep the first two, but why would they give the Knicks the 28th pick now when there is at least the possibility that the Knicks will try to move up in front of them. Once Minnesota has its first two picks, they will listen to offers for at least one of 18 or 28.