Q-Rich to Memphis Imminent?

smokes

Huge Member
Please quote the article instead of linking since I guess most of us don't have insider access :)

Thanks!

Scribbles

Rotation player
Wow...thanks for nothing.

At least tell us what the details are....

Dude, we can't read anything. Not even a headline...

New New York

Quiet Storm
"Milicic will make $7.5 million next season, after which his contract expires. Richardson, meanwhile, has an $8.7 million player option for next season. According to Stein, the deal could fall apart if the Grizzlies decide to use Milicic's expiring deal in a different draft-day trade"

That's wierd, because I dont have Insider, but I was able to view the article when it was first put online, but I cant now. Anyways, another sight had the info

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Memphis has the worse franchise in the league. Not that Darko is all that good or anything but what exactly is the point of this trade? Darko isn't half the player D. Lee is. What happened to all of the talk about Marcin Gortat? At least Darko can come out and do something. What that will be I don't really know.

mafra

Legend
WOW. Curry, Darko & Gortart would give us some length.... Would mean Jeffries is going somewhere (anywhere)....

I saw this on ESPN as well... this from Marc Stein:

"Bonus Wolves nugget: Kahn's willingness to take on Darius Songaila, who is scheduled to earn $4.5 million next season, looks like the clincher that persuaded Washington to take Minnesota's offer over New York's for the Wizards' lottery pick: Randy Foye and Mike Miller in exchange for No. 5, Etan Thomas, Oleksiy Pecherov and Songaila. Shedding Songaila wasn't an option in a deal with the Knicks built around Wizards ex Larry Hughes."

SO, it appears we almost had that 5th pick!

Anyway... I'm sure Donnie is trying; but really, who wants to help NY? At least now we are dealing w/ WESTERN CONF teams (Memphis, OKC, Minny) who might be more inclined to swing a deal....

As long as NYK get Rubio, Curry, Evans or Flynn plus an additional 1st rounder.... we should be in good shape.

As for Darko.... I'm all for it. We have Danilo, Chandler, Hughes.... we could use some height.

CoolClyde

Later for Q, Hello Donnie Darko

please let this trade happen already! looks like we gotta wait till after Thurs either way.... pull the trigger Donnie!