Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The (John Wall > The World) Thread

Default The (John Wall > The World) Thread

first, i gotta say that I'm incredibly disappointed in the fact that he's not in this years draft.other than griffin, i do not think their is another player that could turn this franchise around like john wall would.and that's the problem.we probably won't end up with the kid.but a player like griffin or wall is the kinda guy we need.

i personally believe he is the next great guard that will come into the nba.he's just got that "it" factor.i think the kid is going to be a more athletic, and longer cp3 with prime iverson speed.i don't think that trading this years first round pick for a 2010 first round pick (to try to get wall)is a bad thing, cause i john wall is a franchise changing player.they're few players that have the upside that wall has.james,howard, are a few.I'n my opinion, the knicks need to do all(except for tanking, that **** don't work) they can do to position themselves to get wall.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KIm47B6HW74&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
    Last edited by ANU; Jun 27, 2009 at 16:04.

Agreed. See my sig.

Kid has it all. Playmaking, vision, athleticism, speed, width, scoring ability. Gonna be a beast in the NBA no doubt in my mind.

Superstar

Who has more hype Wall this year or Jennings last year?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

No offense.
    Who has he played against?
    Talent is there, experience isn't.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    No offense.
    He's played against some of the best young players in the USA and abroad at invitational tournaments.

Originally Posted by smokes
    He's played against some of the best young players in the USA and abroad at invitational tournaments.
    Invitational tournaments are different than playing in a competitive league. Let's see how he does in college before we anoint him as the best PG in the league.

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    Invitational tournaments are different than playing in a competitive league. Let's see how he does in college before we anoint him as the best PG in the league.
    True, but all these people talk about how "he's only played against high school scrubs" which is just nonsense.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    No offense.
    he could have played in a league of blow up dolls for all i care.you could have said the same for lebron and kobe.and they are great.i can see it in this kid all ready.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by ANU
    he could have played in a league of blow up dolls for all i care.you could have said the same for lebron and kobe.and they are great.i can see it in this kid all ready.
    I guess...

anyone can see this guy has star written all over him

and after we let 2 of our best players go this summer after replacing them with rookies

we will have no pick to show for our crappy season next year

Originally Posted by goldenchild1688
    anyone can see this guy has star written all over him

and after we let 2 of our best players go this summer after replacing them with rookies

we will have no pick to show for our crappy season next year
    THATS exactly what is wrong with our team that Mike D and Walsh are trying to change by clearning up cap space

"after we let 2 of our best players go this summer"

those two ( BEST PLAYERS ) you speak of.

are role playerssss.

Im tired of every one thinkin that we are setting the house on fire by letting lee and nate go, they are role players who put up quasi good to well numbers because of how crappy the roster they play for is.

This is again the start of something new, dropping contracts, and getting young athletic players who can do what Mike D asks them to do.

get over it.

and im tired of hearing that players wont want to come to a team with no supporting cast.ray allen and KG in one summer go to the celtics, a team that was worse the knicks are now. THe lakers are garbage after an incredible playoff appearances streak, 33-49 or something...they sign shaq..The suns were a lottery team the first year Mike D arrives, one summer they sign nash= 60 win team. Joe Johnson could of played the field but went to Atlanta ?. When Rashard Lewis signed with the magic they were terrible, likewise TRacy Mcgrady and Grant hill although injuries never allowed that to work its wonders.

Crappy teams become good teams because things like this actually happen, the reason it has not happened to the knicks is because they havent been able to afford them since ewing was traded. Finally we undo the knot that was tied a decade ago, create cap space, get youth that fits the mold of our coach

and what do we do

bitch and complain.

if you guys cant see whats on the horizon then your not true knicks fans.

we should be posting threads with some positivity that we finally have youth, we finally have an established coach, an experiences president, and a young team that plays hard.
    Last edited by DontForgetDerekHarper; Jun 26, 2009 at 03:17.

Talk about a kid that is over hyped.

He is a young kid that can run and jump. O, wow. That's all he does. Watch the USA highlights they are all chippy hanging leakouts.
    Where is the shot. Where are the basketball moves?

Brandon Jennings and Sebatian Telfair are the better version of this kid.

Lance Stephonson would bang him up and a nightly basis.

We will see who has a better career Wall vs. Reggie Bullock

with the T-huahuas totally jock blocking us with rubio, it is incredibly essential that the nyk ends up with the great wall of kentucky.and anybody and everybody on the team that can get him us for this team, should be on the block next year.lebron or no lebron, this team needs john wall.
    Last edited by ANU; Jun 26, 2009 at 11:12.

Originally Posted by richtree
    Talk about a kid that is over hyped.

He is a young kid that can run and jump. O, wow. That's all he does. Watch the USA highlights they are all chippy hanging leakouts.
    Where is the shot. Where are the basketball moves?

Brandon Jennings and Sebatian Telfair are the better version of this kid.

Lance Stephonson would bang him up and a nightly basis.

We will see who has a better career Wall vs. Reggie Bullock
    sure.

every team in the nba and their pg situation.
    the ones with the asterisks are the ones who'll could be competing with nyk for him IF nyk gets a a first round pick.

* sacramento-evans
    *washington-arenas-playoffs
    * clippers-davis-i think they'll make the playoffs.
    okc-westbrook
    Minnesota-lol
    memphis-conley/mayo
    gsw-curry/ellis
    * toronto-calderon
    milwaukee-jennings/sessions
    new jersey-harris
    charlotte-felton/augustin
    * indiana-jack/price?
    *phoenix-nash?
    *detroit-bynum/stuckey
    bulls-rose
    philadelphia-holiday
    *miami-chalmers
    *atlanta-teauge
    utah-williams
    new orleans-paul
    *dallas-nothing
    houston-brooks
    *portland-nothing
    san antonio-parker
    denver-billups
    magic-nelson
    boston-rondo
    *lakers-nothing
    *cleveland-nothing.

i see the raptors,pacers,suns,heat,hawks,and mavs, as our biggest threat in getting him. all seem like playoff teams, and the other teams seem set at pg.

i know it sounds kinda redundant considering few teams would pass on him, but you never know.
    and its a good thing we got bigs this year, cause like this past draft was a pg's draft, next year will be a bigs draft.

all we need is a pick, luck and savvy to get that done.lets just hope he doesn't blow everybody away(which he'll probably do).and we might just end up with the great wall of kentucky.
    Last edited by ANU; Jun 27, 2009 at 16:05.