The (John Wall > The World) Thread

ANU

Starter
first, i gotta say that I'm incredibly disappointed in the fact that he's not in this years draft.other than griffin, i do not think their is another player that could turn this franchise around like john wall would.and that's the problem.we probably won't end up with the kid.but a player like griffin or wall is the kinda guy we need.

i personally believe he is the next great guard that will come into the nba.he's just got that "it" factor.i think the kid is going to be a more athletic, and longer cp3 with prime iverson speed.i don't think that trading this years first round pick for a 2010 first round pick (to try to get wall)is a bad thing, cause i john wall is a franchise changing player.they're few players that have the upside that wall has.james,howard, are a few.I'n my opinion, the knicks need to do all(except for tanking, that shit don't work) they can do to position themselves to get wall.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KIm47B6HW74&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Last edited:

smokes

Huge Member
Agreed. See my sig.

Kid has it all. Playmaking, vision, athleticism, speed, width, scoring ability. Gonna be a beast in the NBA no doubt in my mind.

JayJ44

Starter
He's played against some of the best young players in the USA and abroad at invitational tournaments.

Invitational tournaments are different than playing in a competitive league. Let's see how he does in college before we anoint him as the best PG in the league.

smokes

Huge Member
Invitational tournaments are different than playing in a competitive league. Let's see how he does in college before we anoint him as the best PG in the league.

True, but all these people talk about how "he's only played against high school scrubs" which is just nonsense.

ANU

Starter
No offense.
Who has he played against?
Talent is there, experience isn't.
he could have played in a league of blow up dolls for all i care.you could have said the same for lebron and kobe.and they are great.i can see it in this kid all ready.

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
anyone can see this guy has star written all over him

and after we let 2 of our best players go this summer after replacing them with rookies

we will have no pick to show for our crappy season next year:boohoo:

anyone can see this guy has star written all over him

and after we let 2 of our best players go this summer after replacing them with rookies

we will have no pick to show for our crappy season next year:boohoo:

THATS exactly what is wrong with our team that Mike D and Walsh are trying to change by clearning up cap space

"after we let 2 of our best players go this summer"

those two ( BEST PLAYERS ) you speak of.

are role playerssss.

Im tired of every one thinkin that we are setting the house on fire by letting lee and nate go, they are role players who put up quasi good to well numbers because of how crappy the roster they play for is.

This is again the start of something new, dropping contracts, and getting young athletic players who can do what Mike D asks them to do.

get over it.

and im tired of hearing that players wont want to come to a team with no supporting cast.ray allen and KG in one summer go to the celtics, a team that was worse the knicks are now. THe lakers are garbage after an incredible playoff appearances streak, 33-49 or something...they sign shaq..The suns were a lottery team the first year Mike D arrives, one summer they sign nash= 60 win team. Joe Johnson could of played the field but went to Atlanta ?. When Rashard Lewis signed with the magic they were terrible, likewise TRacy Mcgrady and Grant hill although injuries never allowed that to work its wonders.

Crappy teams become good teams because things like this actually happen, the reason it has not happened to the knicks is because they havent been able to afford them since ewing was traded. Finally we undo the knot that was tied a decade ago, create cap space, get youth that fits the mold of our coach

and what do we do

bitch and complain.

if you guys cant see whats on the horizon then your not true knicks fans.

we should be posting threads with some positivity that we finally have youth, we finally have an established coach, an experiences president, and a young team that plays hard.

Last edited:

richtree

Rotation player
Talk about a kid that is over hyped.

He is a young kid that can run and jump. O, wow. That's all he does. Watch the USA highlights they are all chippy hanging leakouts.
Where is the shot. Where are the basketball moves?

Brandon Jennings and Sebatian Telfair are the better version of this kid.

Lance Stephonson would bang him up and a nightly basis.

We will see who has a better career Wall vs. Reggie Bullock

ANU

Starter
with the T-huahuas totally jock blocking us with rubio, it is incredibly essential that the nyk ends up with the great wall of kentucky.and anybody and everybody on the team that can get him us for this team, should be on the block next year.lebron or no lebron, this team needs john wall.

Last edited:

ANU

Starter
Talk about a kid that is over hyped.

He is a young kid that can run and jump. O, wow. That's all he does. Watch the USA highlights they are all chippy hanging leakouts.
Where is the shot. Where are the basketball moves?

Brandon Jennings and Sebatian Telfair are the better version of this kid.

Lance Stephonson would bang him up and a nightly basis.

We will see who has a better career Wall vs. Reggie Bullock
:teeth::teeth: sure.

ANU

Starter
every team in the nba and their pg situation.
the ones with the asterisks are the ones who'll could be competing with nyk for him IF nyk gets a a first round pick.

* sacramento-evans
*washington-arenas-playoffs
* clippers-davis-i think they'll make the playoffs.
okc-westbrook
Minnesota-lol
memphis-conley/mayo
gsw-curry/ellis
* toronto-calderon
milwaukee-jennings/sessions
new jersey-harris
charlotte-felton/augustin
* indiana-jack/price?
*phoenix-nash?
*detroit-bynum/stuckey
bulls-rose
philadelphia-holiday
*miami-chalmers
*atlanta-teauge
utah-williams
new orleans-paul
*dallas-nothing
houston-brooks
*portland-nothing
san antonio-parker
denver-billups
magic-nelson
boston-rondo
*lakers-nothing
*cleveland-nothing.

i see the raptors,pacers,suns,heat,hawks,and mavs, as our biggest threat in getting him. all seem like playoff teams, and the other teams seem set at pg.

i know it sounds kinda redundant considering few teams would pass on him, but you never know.
and its a good thing we got bigs this year, cause like this past draft was a pg's draft, next year will be a bigs draft.

all we need is a pick, luck and savvy to get that done.lets just hope he doesn't blow everybody away(which he'll probably do).and we might just end up with the great wall of kentucky.

Last edited:

ANU

Starter
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EhdGVt6y4ns&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EhdGVt6y4ns&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

smokes

Huge Member
Where are the basketball moves?

Honestly if you've watched the highlights of this guy and can't see his moves then you must be blind.

Check the crossovers, spin moves, behind the back, putting the speed on, kid can do everything off the dribble.

Not to mention his passing, getting in the lane...... etcetcetcetcetcetcetc

metrocard

Legend
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EhdGVt6y4ns&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EhdGVt6y4ns&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He's playing against virgins.
+ We're not getting him, no draft next year.

Theres a lot of guys who aren't even in the NBA with mixtapes like that.

Crossover/Dunking against no competition isn't really a true indictator that the guy is the real thing.

Not saying he will be a bust(I made him in College Hoops)
But waaaaaaaaaay too early to project anything about him for now until you see him against more real competition.

Coming off screens
Pick and roll passing

Didn't really see too much to none of that in the video.
Thats more important in the NBA than crossover and dunks.

ANU

Starter
He's playing against virgins.
+ We're not getting him, no draft next year.

Theres a lot of guys who aren't even in the NBA with mixtapes like that.

Crossover/Dunking against no competition isn't really a true indictator that the guy is the real thing.

Not saying he will be a bust(I made him in College Hoops)
But waaaaaaaaaay too early to project anything about him for now until you see him against more real competition.

Coming off screens
Pick and roll passing

Didn't really see too much to none of that in the video.
Thats more important in the NBA than crossover and dunks.
this is (the john wall > the world) thread.which is why i posted it.this is not about him being a bust or not being on this team.i trust in donnie to do what he can to get him if he feels the same way i do, and if he feels lebron will remain in cleveland.

he's the best amateur basketball player in the world.bar none.

metrocard

Legend
Your right about that, I see him coming to college as a bigger more scoring Rajon Rondo then transform into a pass first D.Rose(Wall's handles, first step and agility to make him unstoppable driving to the lane for a free trip to the FT line, easy 2pt shot or a dish)

What college is he going to? He's going to be one and done...

IMO, why don't top 10 hs players(only top 10) go to the NBDL...NBA needs a development league like the MLB...Not triple A or AAA, but one for every team...so we could have a crop of prospects waiting for us instead of heavily relying so much on the draft...that would create a hope for most teams in the NBA. Like the Spurs who are aging and may ask who their future is. They have some Euro talent stored like Tiago Splitter, etc...but I feel the NBDL should be the league for optimal development)

College basketball will always be college basketball with or without the HS superstars.

I just feel its best FOR them to get developed right away.

Its not fair a guy like Ricky Rubio gets the chance to improve his skills at a higher level than most High School kids because in Europe you can go pro at 14...same with soccer. Thats why a lot of these Euros are really skilled and fundamental...thats why Euro is good at soccer, experience from an early age. Many USA kids get into organized athletics in HS...while these ****ing Europeans become pros at 14-16.

If we had a NBDL team(one assigned to each team), guys like Sene would be getting burn instead of sitting in the bench.
Theres a lot of young bball talent looking for an opportunity and its hard to get into the NBA unless your 7 foot or have a 40 inch vertical...this would be a great opportunity IMO.

12 man NBDL roster
Keep some of your guys from Summer league.
Call up guys when theres an injury to the active roster.
Each player gets a salary, but to the minimum.

That way we could get a better look at guys like Jennings instead of watch games online..we could see what Jenning could do in full time stats instead of ride out to HS hype...same with guys like Mullens and JRue.

If they're not going to play a big role in their college team, why would they waste their time? Some coaches have preferences, but theres players preference is to develop, not realy contribute to a trophy fora college program(unlike your JJ Reddick or Tyler Hansborough, guys with limited potential who are built for college). Guys like JRue and BJ want to develop and get big minute to show case to professional teams they're efficient players worthy of a lottery pick.

If things were like this, Holiday would of probably went 4th overall in the draft, and Mullens could of gone #3 to OKC since they traded for him with Dallas.

College could and should always be an option, but its not fair to a professional athlete who feels like his only option is college.

Thats why I give Jennings props for having some balls and being independent.

There should be another option besides college and overseas.

Reactions: ANU