Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm a dad

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Default I'm a dad

deleeeeeete
    Last edited by metrocard; Jul 14, 2009 at 05:08.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    21 years old
    broke as ****(cash goes straight to books/parties)
    personal trainer close to getting certified
    2-3 semester left to getting my bachelors

any advice? I feel kinda lost, but I still wanna take responsibility and make it happen...not trying to fit the stereotypical Puerto Rican dad and be irresponsible.
    that right there....no more partying.

21 years old

any advice? I feel kinda lost, but I still wanna take responsibility and make it happen...not trying to fit the stereotypical Puerto Rican dad and be irresponsible.
    You doing the right things, you just gotta keep battling like the homie cotto. Hes an inspiration everytime he steps in the boxing ring. You're almost there too, once you get certified you can get a job and support your girl and your kid.

12th man

Any of you guys want to donate diapers?

congrats to you and your wife. let me know if you have a baby registry so I could send you some Butt Paste.

Congrats
    good luck

Effin Puerto Ricans they like rabbits when it comes to children lol

JK mate. Try to make the best of it.

12th man

Originally Posted by th3realicon
    Effin Puerto Ricans they like rabbits when it comes to children lol

JK mate. Try to make the best of it.
    better than a shrinking european population =P

are you also going to apply for government assistance to get free baby care, food and drink? I see plenty of Asians and Russians doing that in my area.

12th man

Iono, what would you do? Can I apply for that online or have to go somewhere to do it?

21 years old

Congrats man, there are fewer feelings better than becoming a father!

Well establish your relationship with your child's mom off the jump. If there is no future between you two, let it be known from the get go! Trust me if she is holding on to hope, then it will make both of your lives hell!

Now, the best bet for you, her and your little one is to try to keep the family complete and be with her. Trust me there is no feeling like watching another man take a father type role in your kid's life.

But, if you two being together isnt practical, then it is what it is.

But, I think you got the right attitude about wanting to be there for your seed. Just remember that it takes more than just physically present. Make time for this kid and protect that time so nothing interferes with it. Get into that habit now, and it will become second nature.

There is plenty more advice to give, but I could type all day! But those should get you headed in the right direction with this.

Oh yeah, always be prepared for the spray when changing the diapers!

Again Congrats

12th man

Originally Posted by New New York
    Congrats man, there are fewer feelings better than becoming a father!

Well establish your relationship with your child's mom off the jump. If there is no future between you two, let it be known from the get go! Trust me if she is holding on to hope, then it will make both of your lives hell!

Now, the best bet for you, her and your little one is to try to keep the family complete and be with her. Trust me there is no feeling like watching another man take a father type role in your kid's life.

But, if you two being together isnt practical, then it is what it is.

But, I think you got the right attitude about wanting to be there for your seed. Just remember that it takes more than just physically present. Make time for this kid and protect that time so nothing interferes with it. Get into that habit now, and it will become second nature.

There is plenty more advice to give, but I could type all day! But those should get you headed in the right direction with this.

Oh yeah, always be prepared for the spray when changing the diapers!

Again Congrats
    Thanks.

The reason we're keeping it is because we're have a beyond strong and bold relationship...that wasn't even a worry, everything has been mutual and its been great...its more than a future, on the max. We're helping each other a lot, but I'm stepping in and taking the leadership role...setting up appointments with the Doc, gonna get inquired on financial aid...just everything that needs to be done.

**** is crazy THO.
    Like when you're 18-21...you expect to party like a nut, get laid everyday, etc...just live wreckless.

But I guess thats all the hype that college builds up...the important thing in the end is what makes you wake up everyday.

and I found that, and I can't let go of it.

Are there any other parents in the forum, or am I the only one now?
    lol.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

congrats metro, wish you and your girl the best dude

its crazy cause thats all im about now you know just have a good time, seeing this thread has in a way make me think about what i want in the near future you know. ima now concentrate on the short term cause that will ultimately get me to where i wanna be long term. you cause in a couple of years ima be finished with school and gonna be looking to settle down and start a family, this partying/having fun phase is only cute in college loll

again, good luck with the baby

any updates Joseph?