Official Jordan Hill Thread

Ewing

Benchwarmer
From what I've been watching from him, he has good footwork, he plays well inside the paint and has some good moves, I believe he'll have a good future in the league.

Welcome Jordan Hill, and good luck!:gony:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I just don't like guys like Hill, who are drafted purely off of potential and athleticism. He has very little offensive and defensive polish, a low basketball IQ, and he just doesn't have a very good feel for the game. Are we supposed to just assume that he's going to develop post moves, defensive fundamentals, and passing skills? As of now, he's just a tall, athletic guy who can shoot. Maybe he can develop into something more, but he's a project to say the least.

Yes! The guy has only been playing basketball a few years and has steadily gotten better each year. We now have the Oakman to teach him how to play with intensity and passion. He has a decent midrange jumper, is athletic and can block shots. He was easily the best player available and paired with Darko gives us a good defensive and rebounding frontcourt where both can hit the jumper in Dantoni's system.

Knicks07

Benchwarmer
how can u guys not be happy jordan hill fell to us!? he's basically david lee with defense. He can rebound, block shots, has good footwork, he can shoot and a good offensive player. he has the potential to be a chris bosh type player. Im extremley happy about this pick and expect big things from him

moneyg

Starter
how can u guys not be happy jordan hill fell to us!? he's basically david lee with defense. He can rebound, block shots, has good footwork, he can shoot and a good offensive player. he has the potential to be a chris bosh type player. Im extremley happy about this pick and expect big things from him

i agree... i like this guy. we can fit him in along side darko and we will have a good inside...for once.. with both picks.. we drafted defense more than offense.. luv it.

:smokin:

Knicks07

Benchwarmer
^^ yea and with our point guard troubles we can trade for rubio. Jordan Hill is basically gonna take david lee's spot, toney douglas will take nate robinsons spot and we can trade lee and robinson for rubio and we'll be set to make tha playoffs

pg rubio/duhon
sg chandler/douglas
sf gallinari/hughes
pf hill/harrington
c curry/milicic

Last edited:

richtree

Rotation player
Hill will keep play def and rebound.

Just think of all the games we were tied with the opponent around the 6min mark in the fourth quarter and couldn't stop anyone.

Hill will help rebound and play defense in those stretches.

Our "TEAM" got better. Let's face it, the bulk of New York fans wanted Curry because the newspapers told them to want Curry. 90% of the fans booing Hill last night didn't even know who he was.
Curry seems soft not wanting to go to a team where he has to compete for a role in the lineup.
The funny thing is he plays exactly like monte ellis (w/o having the slashing ability).

Curry will sit most of the year, because that is what Don Nelson does. He sits rookies.

This pick makes me think Ellis will be traded this year.

There will be a ton of PG's available for a trade. We will add one before the season or in the season's early stages.

I am happy with Hill and would have been happy with DeRozen.

Curry is another guy that didn't want to work hard. He went to Davidson and didn't hit the weight room.

The NBA is for where baskets are tough to come by and Curry's career is already on the down slope and he didn't even play one game.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Must admit I was looking forward to Curry being drafted but I agree with people who say Hill may give us an upgrade over Lee. I say "May" because we haven't seen him play against NBA forwards yet and there is a huge difference versus college. From the footage i've seen he didn't wow me but he is athletic and does appear to contest shots at a higher rate than Lee did. I'm currently in wait-and-see mode.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah honestly if you told us right after the lottery we'd have a chance to land Jordan Hill over Stephen Curry we would've taken it anyday. The only reason Curry's stock rose so much and the Knicks wanted to get him was because he was a guard we could realistically get with the #8 pick (since Jordan Hill was all but certain to go before #8).

He was the best player available at the time. We'll see what he does, or even if he's still on the team by September.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Best case Nene.... Similar athleticism...Worse hands though

Worst case Frye....

He'll get plenty of minutes to iron out creases. Plays the P&R well like Lee. Doesn't mind bruising it up inside & has Oak as a tutor to enforce some cuntyness.

Can't pass out of the paint but has a mid-range game...

IMO the pros outweigh the cons...

Good signing of the best available player at 8th depending on Lawson's pro transition...

Overall, happy with the selection.

Go Hill!!!!

Go Knicks!!!!

Go **** yourself to the haters.

KBlack25

Starter
my problem is not so much with the pick as it is with the strategy as a whole. Look, picks 2-7 could not have gone worse for the Knicks, four legit targets off the board. I can see taking Hill. But as Holliday fell and Lawson was still around, Donnie HAD to make a move to get a PG. That's what they needed, they don't have a pick next year (and the way it looks we will be moving a good pick). He had to trade someone and get himself Ty Lawson or Jrue Holliday or a REAL PG. The PG we would up with averaged UNDER THREE ASSISTS PER GAME.

My problem is not with pick 8, I think this team DOES need size that they got in Hill and Darko. But they had to make a move to get themselves into position to get one of those guys in the late teens. They didn't do it. The picks were for sale, but they didn't make a move.

smokes

Huge Member
my problem is not so much with the pick as it is with the strategy as a whole. Look, picks 2-7 could not have gone worse for the Knicks, four legit targets off the board. I can see taking Hill. But as Holliday fell and Lawson was still around, Donnie HAD to make a move to get a PG. That's what they needed, they don't have a pick next year (and the way it looks we will be moving a good pick). He had to trade someone and get himself Ty Lawson or Jrue Holliday or a REAL PG. The PG we would up with averaged UNDER THREE ASSISTS PER GAME.

My problem is not with pick 8, I think this team DOES need size that they got in Hill and Darko. But they had to make a move to get themselves into position to get one of those guys in the late teens. They didn't do it. The picks were for sale, but they didn't make a move.

As far as I know the only teen pick that was up for sale was the 18th of Minny, which they traded to Denver. The only reason for this was some kind of pre-existing trade arrangement from some time ago, so there wasn't really a chance for the Knicks to nab this pick afaik.

Not much to grumble about really, there are PGs floating about who will probably contribute more to us than Holiday or Lawson.

Jason Kidd expressed an interest in NY and will meet with Knicks brass come July.

Steve Nash is seeing his team fall apart around him, Shaq gone, Amare on the way out. The Suns are only in it for the money now and I wouldn't be surprised to see Nash wanting out.

Ricky Rubio, as unlikely as some make it out to be, is still a possibility.

Ramon Sessions is in FA pool this year.

Plenty of options.

Hill

How is Jordan Hill not the next Amare Stoduimire. Think about Amare coming out of HS very raw all upside and went into Mikes system and became an all star. Hill is the same but with a mid range game!

KBlack25

Starter
As far as I know the only teen pick that was up for sale was the 18th of Minny, which they traded to Denver. The only reason for this was some kind of pre-existing trade arrangement from some time ago, so there wasn't really a chance for the Knicks to nab this pick afaik.

Not much to grumble about really, there are PGs floating about who will probably contribute more to us than Holiday or Lawson.

Jason Kidd expressed an interest in NY and will meet with Knicks brass come July.

Steve Nash is seeing his team fall apart around him, Shaq gone, Amare on the way out. The Suns are only in it for the money now and I wouldn't be surprised to see Nash wanting out.

Ricky Rubio, as unlikely as some make it out to be, is still a possibility.

Ramon Sessions is in FA pool this year.

Plenty of options.

Point taken, but in a draft so rich with PGs, and PG being an enormously pressing issue on this team, they had to get one, in my opinion. Nash and Kidd are band-aids on a broken arm, a temporary fix that won't do much long term.

mafra

Legend
I wasn't happy with this pick, but (to be blunt) I don't really know much about this player.

We had no shot at Griffin, Thabeet & Evans. The only really "can't-miss" type prospects.... All the rest have questions.

Knicks need height.... defense... shot blockers... post players. So, why grab a 6-foot bust when you can gamble on a 6"10 one?

Darko, Hill, Galineri last year.... ALL taller than 6"10. Height and athleticism is a good thing in today's NBA.

I can see it now.... Lebron & the Euros (Rubio, Danilo, Darko, Gortat).

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
what's that i heard bout him shooting 50% from the free throw .. :alert:

he looks like he has some potential, perhaps he'll develope into a Chris Bosh type?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
what's that i heard bout him shooting 50% from the free throw .. :alert:

he looks like he has some potential, perhaps he'll develope into a Chris Bosh type?

I think more an Amare/KG hybrid..run and finish like Amare with KG mid range game and D...obviously being as good as either is a long way off but style wise I see him fitting that mold.