Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Official Jordan Hill Thread

Originally Posted by smokes
    Nah, Etan Thomas has a 7.5 mil contract that can be used to balance.
    Larry Hughes will make over 13 million next year...

Al Harrington will make 10 million...

Mobleys contract is for 9 million...

Assuming Nate signs for something like 4 mil, that would be total of something in the area of 23-26 million...

Even if you did Cardinal (about 7 mil), Thomas (7.5 mil), and Rubio (less than 3mil), you'd still be of by about 6-10 million in salary. I'm not trying to argue, it just doesn't work under the salary cap...

The only way we get Rubio is to S&T Nate and Will, for Rubio and someone like Cardinal or Corey Brewer...
    I was referring to that.

Oh, you meant Will and Nate for Rubio and Thomas? Nate would have to sign for like 7-8 mil a year, but yeah, that would work...

No I mean there are more options than just Nate + Will.

Mobleys contract is around 9 million for example. Duhon is 6 if we intend to keep Nate. Jefferies is 6 if they were crazy

Also Minny currently sits at 8 million under the cap before FA, so there are a multitude of options.

Yeah, your right there are a lot of options with the Wolves.

I'm trying to look at it from the Wolves perspective, and they really need a three. It just makes sense that they would want Will... Don't get me wrong, I think Nate and Will is too much for Rubio, I just think it's the most appealling deal for the Wolves.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Nate/Will isn't much for Rubio at all.

You would trade two average players for an All star/franchise PG?

Yes.

Superstar

I don't think Rubio can be an all star with the knicks. I really hate to say it, but i think if the whole team is garbage it slows down the development of players.

Look at how fast Rondo has developed on the Celtics. He had no pressure on him at all. What if Rubio's first 2 years are disastrous....you then have a situation where dude's confidence is shot that he can play in the NBA

Superstar

I'm not hype at all at Jordan Hill but it is always harder to find quality bigmen then guards....i guess it had to be done. He does look really raw tho...he can just shoot a little bit. I hate the fact he can't hit free throws. I can see him as a player that infuriates Knicks fans....but at #8 you can't really expect great things.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by clumsy
    I don't think Rubio can be an all star with the knicks. I really hate to say it, but i think if the whole team is garbage it slows down the development of players.

Look at how fast Rondo has developed on the Celtics. He had no pressure on him at all. What if Rubio's first 2 years are disastrous....you then have a situation where dude's confidence is shot that he can play in the NBA

Rubio - 6"5
    Douglas - 6"2
    Gallo - 6"10
    Hill - 6"11
    Darko - 7"1

This lineup allows Douglas to play SG....we'll have shot blocker in the frontcourt for once, and two defensive players of the year in the backcourt...with Gallinari donig his Turkgylu impression.

We need to jump on it...we got a good team in the making.

Having Harrington come off the bench...sign a couple of undrafted free agents...and sign Lebron/Wade in 2010.

Nyk Logo

We shouldn't trade Wilson he's going to be a star in he Knicks. If possible we could put him to play sg instead of sf. All he was missing last year was being consistent. Hopefully Hughes and Mobley's contract is dealt. Wilson is a stud and he's young. He's going to be a key piece in our team. Douglas is too short to be our starting guard. He most likely come off the bench taking over Nate's role.

Lurker

Jordan Hill is very comparable to a young Amar'e Stoudemire.

Take it from a life-long Suns fan who has followed Hill since his prep days.

Hill is a very physical force in the paint and his face-up game is already quite nice. His potential for his mid-range game is very similar to that of Amar'e's.

On the defensive end, Hill is quite possibly a better shot blocker than Amar'e, already.

There's no doubt that Jordan Hill has the potential to be better than Blake Griffin, as it's quite apparent Griffin is closer to his ceiling than Hill is to his.

I'd also like to bring up how Taj Gibson ABUSED Blake Griffin on the boards when they played last season and Jordan Hill never had much of a problem facing him. Gibson is a more physical player than both Hill and Griffin but, Hill had little to no trouble banging down low with him.
    Last edited by rady; Jun 28, 2009 at 05:07.

Originally Posted by Beyond The Arc

Hill is a very physical force in the paint and his face-up game is already quite nice. His potential for his mid-range game is very similar to that of Amar'e's.

On the defensive end, Hill is quite possibly a better shot blocker than Amar'e, already.

There's no doubt that Jordan Hill has the potential to be better than Blake Griffin, as it's quite apparent Griffin is closer to his ceiling than Hill is to his.

I'd also like to bring up how Taj Gibson ABUSED Blake Griffin on the boards when they played last season and Jordan Hill never had much of a problem facing him. Gibson is a more physical player than both Hill and Griffin but, Hill had little to no trouble banging down low with him.

with that being said, COME JOIN BTA TODAY!
    THANKS for the info on Hill. Good to hear from someone who actually saw enough of the dude! According to sources, Knicks liked HIll over Thabeet & Rubio.... They liked Curry & Evans a little more, b/c of their need at guard.... but he was next on their list.

Anyway, folks... I seriously & highly doubt DW deals Wilson Chandler for Rubio... DW can call Minny's bluff- not like we need Rubio next year anyway. Let him stay in Spain, let MInny gete nada for him.... watch the price come down.

PLUS, the idea is to have Galineri, Chandler, Hill & Douglas serve as the rebuilding plan for 2010. They need WC too much, and they like him. NO matter what we feel about Rubio's potential, he's still young and the fact is the Knicks aren't head-over-heels in love with him.

They like the idea, and if the cost is right, DW will pursue...

BUT, it'll be Nate Robinson, Hughes or Harrington, plus Mobely's contract.... That will be the final offer for a while.

I'm starting to think NYK will keep Lee as well, as long as David wont get greedy.

Hill-Lee-Gortat-Darko are 4 guys who can run, play the pick-n-roll, and basically interchange betwen PF & C.

yea we can all drool over how badly we want Rubio, but no one has any idea how he's going to play in the nba..other than most having the consensus that he will not be able to jump in and become an all star in his first few yrs...people think he's going to play one game and become some jason williams -esk steve nash; don't see it happening first yr; perhaps i'm wrong.

that being said, yes he's a sought after talent that would work well in the knicks fast paced squad, but whether we want to trade one of the only two building blocks of our team, Chandler (Gallo being the other), is something i think Donnie will and should stick away from.. As much as Dlee + Chandler would be nice for who we might get in return, having only 2 guys currently in our long term view makes them pretty non-tradable in my eyes...i could see Dlee + Nate + w/e else other than Chander/Gallo for Rubio, but Chandler has been here too long and is too much of our long term team to trade away.
    Last edited by Knicker23; Jun 27, 2009 at 19:29.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Beyond The Arc

I'm happy to see somebody this high on Jordan Hill. He's very raw but yeah I suppose we have to remember that he's relatively new to basketball compared to most of his contemporaries in the draft. He plays defense, has a good mid-range jumper, and is athletic. I think the other things will come with time as he works more and more with the Knicks' coaching staff. If he has Charles Oakley giving him pointers...he's also going to have to work on his free throw shooting, but that'll come with time I hope.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

this dude is better than i expected youtube really helps when you want to get to know a player and watch him play.

he has tons of potential and this franchise and coaching staff is perfect for him to reach it. i could see him becoming amar'e like in many ways.