Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Official Jordan Hill Thread

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    this dude is better than i expected youtube really helps when you want to get to know a player and watch him play.

he has tons of potential and this franchise and coaching staff is perfect for him to reach it. i could see him becoming amar'e like in many ways.
    Indeed Prince, way too many haters here. Ofc not everyone is gonna be happy with every pick but to bitch so much over it when the only other choice we had really was Jennings who has proved himself to be an immature brat is just lame.

Veteran

Yeah. Jordan Hill was the best player available at 8 and considered by some to be the second best player in the draft. Instead of whining that we missed out on a point guard, we should be excited that we picked up an excellent two-way player who was projected by many mock drafts to get selected as early as #4 after Thabeet, Rubio, and Griffin.

And for those who say we need a point guard...newsflash, we need a big man as well...

Veteran

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Beyond The Arc
    Jordan Hill is very comparable to a young Amar'e Stoudemire.

Take it from a life-long Suns fan who has followed Hill since his prep days.

Hill is a very physical force in the paint and his face-up game is already quite nice. His potential for his mid-range game is very similar to that of Amar'e's.

On the defensive end, Hill is quite possibly a better shot blocker than Amar'e, already.

There's no doubt that Jordan Hill has the potential to be better than Blake Griffin, as it's quite apparent Griffin is closer to his ceiling than Hill is to his.

I'd also like to bring up how Taj Gibson ABUSED Blake Griffin on the boards when they played last season and Jordan Hill never had much of a problem facing him. Gibson is a more physical player than both Hill and Griffin but, Hill had little to no trouble banging down low with him.

COSIGN

U saying the same talk going around W. 4 st. Park....about Hill being able to us that physical presence inside the paint. The other talk is on how much would it take for Lee to resign, and if Eddy Curry will be in physical shape to get playingtime from Dantoni?
    however, there is much talk (in the park) about the MEDIA pursuing Rubio to the Knicks to clean-up Kahn's mess on draft night.
    And Rubio camp seeing how disfunctional the Minny organization is and decided to go back to Spain.
    Last edited by rady; Jun 28, 2009 at 06:39.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    COSIGN

U saying the same talk going around W. 4 st. Park....about Hill being able to us that physical presence inside the paint. The other talk is on how much would it take for Lee to resign, and if Eddy Curry will be in physical shape to get playingtime from Dantoni?
    however, there is much talk (in the park) about the MEDIA pursuing Rubio to the Knicks to clean-up Kahn's mess on draft night.
    And Rubio camp seeing how disfunctional the Minny organization is and decided to go back to Spain.
    Reports from Lee's agent say Lee wants 11 million per. That's too much for me especially considering the shrinking salary cap. I don't have any doubt that Lee is the best player we currently have on the Knicks but that's also because we have a bunch of mediocre players. When Lee is not the only inside guy on the team he won't be seeing the same stats as last season. Resigning Lee for 8-9 million is a good call imo.

Originally Posted by smokes
    Reports from Lee's agent say Lee wants 11 million per. That's too much for me especially considering the shrinking salary cap. I don't have any doubt that Lee is the best player we currently have on the Knicks but that's also because we have a bunch of mediocre players. When Lee is not the only inside guy on the team he won't be seeing the same stats as last season. Resigning Lee for 8-9 million is a good call imo.
    We can have Marcin Gortat for half that price... Hill-Darko-Gortat-Curry will have to do.

Originally Posted by mafra
    We can have Marcin Gortat for half that price... Hill-Darko-Gortat-Curry will have to do.
    Why will it have to do? We can afford to resign David Lee if it's for a fair price, as long as we move one of our bad contracts.

There is a reason Gortat is half the price of David Lee.

Originally Posted by smokes
    Why will it have to do? We can afford to resign David Lee if it's for a fair price, as long as we move one of our bad contracts.

There is a reason Gortat is half the price of David Lee.
    Would you prefer to pay Lee 11 mil in 2010 or Bosh or Amare?

Veteran

Point exactly. With Hill on this team and potentially Bosh or Amare, there's no need for us to pay David Lee another 10 million dollars to be a bench player especially if it jeopardizes our chances of signing you know who

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Point exactly. With Hill on this team and potentially Bosh or Amare, there's no need for us to pay David Lee another 10 million dollars to be a bench player especially if it jeopardizes our chances of signing you know who
    By drafting Hill and trading for Darko and Gallinari coming back there is no room for David Lee on this team. Lee didn't attempt to block one shot all year long, all he did was get his hands up as if to not get a foul call on him to in order to get his infamous "double-double". Lee is so freaking athletic but he just doesn't defend well or even tries at it. I like it that alot of you think that he is not a 10 million dollar player. Walsh likes his bigs to be nasty in the post Jermaine Oneal, Dale and Antonio Davis, Derrick McKey and would be willing to sacrife offense for defense. By drafting Hill he has the ability to be very good on both and frees up alot of money since Lee's services are no longer needed.

imo their is no need for bosh or amare.the darko hill tandem is going to surprise alot of people.i think most of us would agree that this should all ready be the team of the young players.players like hughes and harrington don't seem to have a future with this team, so if we can get rid of them for picks or cheap players, awesome.

and if eddy curry isn't in shape when training camp rolls around, buy him out.players like him only bring down a team.

Originally Posted by ANU
    imo their is no need for bosh or amare.the darko hill tandem is going to surprise alot of people.i think most of us would agree that this should all ready be the team of the young players.players like hughes and harrington don't seem to have a future with this team, so if we can get rid of them for picks or cheap players, awesome.

and if eddy curry isn't in shape when training camp rolls around, buy him out.players like him only bring down a team.
    I understand what you are saying, but we need to contend for the playoffs next year and Harrington at least should be kept. He wants to be here and could help us a lot next season and on a 1 year plan he's perfect. Hughes on the other hand should be included in the possible Rubio trade. Hughes shoots too damn much I can't stand his game.

Originally Posted by mafra
    Would you prefer to pay Lee 11 mil in 2010 or Bosh or Amare?
    Please read the damn post... I already said 8-9 million is a fair price for Lee and do you really think any other team is going to offer him more than that?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Yeah. Jordan Hill was the best player available at 8.
    Thats what they want you to think.

IMO, Lawson, Teague, Blair, Williams, Clark will be better in the NBA.

I hope Jordan turns out better than them though, we really need it.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Thats what they want you to think.

IMO, Lawson, Teague, Blair, Williams, Clark will be better in the NBA.

I hope Jordan turns out better than them though, we really need it.
    I don't understand why you think they "want" you to think that? This isn't some conspiracy to run the Knicks further into the ground. Obviously they thought he was the best player available or they wouldn't have drafted him.

Superstar

Default Signing Lee

Hill's contract as an 8th pick for 2010 will be $2.225M. Gallo and Chandler have 2010 team option contracts at $2.76M and $1.775M, respectively. By the time we would have to sign up Lee, Curry and Jeffries will still be on the books for $11.276M and $6.83M, respectively. Otherwise we have no current 2010 commitments. These five, as matters now stand, will cost just about $25M in 2010.

The cap for 2010 is likely to be less than $60M, probably about $58M. That would mean that we will have about $33M to $35M left for 8 or 9 more players. If we were to pay Lee $8M a year, we would be left with $25M to $27M for 7 or 8 more players. LeBron will cost about $18M -- the limit is 30% of the cap. There is not much left. Eliminating Curry's and Jeffries' contracts will help, but we have to commit, or not commit, to Lee before we know for sure that Curry can be moved.

I think we can do something with Jeffries' contract. We can send him for someone with a bad one year contract.

In other words, we all should pray that Curry shows up in shape. If we sign Lee, it will suggest an expectation by management that something can be done about Curry. I think Lee is gone and that if we cannot shed Curry's contract we will have to satisfy ourselves with one impact fee agent in 2010.