Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Official Jordan Hill Thread

Originally Posted by smokes
    Please read the damn post... I already said 8-9 million is a fair price for Lee and do you really think any other team is going to offer him more than that?
    From what I read.... Lee's agent is already floating the 11-mil per rumor.... DET & POR are very much interested. DW even hinted that it would take 8-10, where 8 would probably be the limit NYK would go.

I'm just saying.... I'm not paying David Lee 11 a year; and no.... I wouldn't pay him 10 mil a year. If he accepts 8-9 mil, where we backload it (to keep price down in 2010).... I can work with that. I doubt that's what he's looking for though.

Originally Posted by mafra
    From what I read.... Lee's agent is already floating the 11-mil per rumor.... DET & POR are very much interested. DW even hinted that it would take 8-10, where 8 would probably be the limit NYK would go.

I'm just saying.... I'm not paying David Lee 11 a year; and no.... I wouldn't pay him 10 mil a year. If he accepts 8-9 mil, where we backload it (to keep price down in 2010).... I can work with that. I doubt that's what he's looking for though.
    I don't know what you're getting at now, you're disagreeing with what I say yet repeating it...

Like I said, I doubt anyone is gonna give Lee 11 mil. Realistically he is not worth that big a contract.

Portland? They already have Aldridge who is taller, scores more, can block shots, more athletic. I have no idea why they would want to overpay Lee when they have Aldridge for less for another season.

Detroit is an option sure, that's probably the only team in the league I could see offering Lee more than we are willing to pay him. HOWEVER there are a whole host of PF options in free agency this year and Lee is for sure not the cream of the crop, let's see who else could be picked up, either better or cheaper than Lee:

Ron Artest - 2 inches shorter, older and more expensive but an actual star player with explosiveness and more muscle.

Carlos Boozer - One of the best PFs in the league, more expensive but again, a LOT better.

Lamar Odom - Inconsistent this year but easily on Lee's calibre skillwise and probably cheaper/the same costwise.

Paul Millsap - Equally as talented as Lee, younger, put up the same stats during Boozers injury absence on a team which actually has legitimate scorers and big men.

Anderson Varejao - Not as talented offensively but a much better defender and certainly cheaper than 11 million per.

So to think that Detroit are gonna just go for Lee when there are better/cheaper/equal PFs on the free agent board is just silly. Everyone knows Lee's stats were inflated due to this system, playing alongside a legit C you could basically half his rebounds. No midrange jumper, no defense. Don't think that these other teams don't know that either.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Is David Lee really that bad?
    I was a fan of his, but all of sudden people grown this hate for him when he's been the only good guy here.

David Lee isn't bad, he's the best player we got, but we got a lot of average players so that doesn't say too much.

Offensively I'd give him a B+. Not much of a shooter but good post moves and finishing.

Defensively you gotta say D-. Not much effort except going for boards he has little to no competition for, undersized at C and not great for PF. No shot blocking potential.

Overall when you compare him to the other PFs in the league you gotta say he is barely scraping top 10 depending on your opinion of him.

12th man

This message is hidden because smokes is on your ignore list.

Fail.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    This message is hidden because smokes is on your ignore list.

Fail.
    Putting people on your ignore list just so you have to login as a guest and read their posts anyway = FAIL...

12th man

^ Fail.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    ^ Fail.
    Thanks for proving my point!

12th man

Best thing about Hill he isn't foul prone...foul prone usually tends to me the player is a dumbass and makes poor decisions, when you average 11 rebounds cleanly, that shows some IQ and awareness to me.

Theres a lot of fouls in summerleague, but Jordan could use some guidance and develop into a pretty smart player.

Wheres the 4750 post celebration thread? Or are you waiting for 5000, I see you're pushing for it with your 15 useless bumps of outdated topics and repeating what other people have said in the last 10 minutes.

metro the guest basher lurks as a guest to read ignored posts, what a surprise.

Not sure if this was posted.... BY this is from the NY Post:

"
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

By PAUL SCHWARTZ

Well, last March I covered what turned into Hill's final college game. It was a Sweet Sixteen matchup against Louisville at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis and it was not a good day for the Wildcats in general or Hill in particular.

Hill was dreadful. He missed 12 of the 18 shots he attempted, and the rest of his team followed his lead. Louisville looked like the best team in the nation in a 103-64 annihilation of Arizona but as it turned out, Louisville wasn't even the best team in the Midwest Region, as two days later they were beaten by Michigan State.

By far, the best player on the floor that day for Arizona was Chase Budinger, who scored 22 points and should have gone higher in the NBA Draft than he did (44th overall to the Pistons).

One game doesn't cancel out an entire career but what disturbed me about Hill was that he did not finish around the basket and was completely overshadowed by Louisville's two stud players, Terrence Williams and Earl Clark. Both Williams and Clark looked far more ready for the NBA than Hill. Both Williams (No. 11 to the Nets) and Clark (No. 14 to the Suns) were taken later in the first round of the NBA Draft than Hill and it will be interesting to chart the development of those three players. Here's betting both of the Louisville guys will make it bigger than Hill.

Hill is a natural rebounder and may develop into a useful player for the Knicks. But taking him with the eighth pick? He's got to be better than he was that day I saw him in Indy.
    --
    Note; Paul Schwartz covers the Giants and the NCAA Tournament for The Post."

Anyway.... I do like TD but I thought Sam Young or Chade Budinger would have bee nice at 29 as well.

As for Hill, well.... I wanted Terrence Williams all year.... Thought he was the perfect compliment for a team who wants to build around a 2 free agent stars (plus Danilo)....

Hill, hopefully, proves everybody wrong and becomes legit....

BUT, after risking it last year.... passing on Gordon for Danilo.... You would think DW would play it safe this year and grab a bust-free pick (like Terrence Williams).

We all know size matters.... Let's just hope the size of Hill's heart is bigger than his 6"10 frame.

He saw one game of Hill and he's actually writing about him? One game, un juego!
    WHAT AN IDIOT!

jeez.can the guy actually play a gadamned game?

12th man

The Post is mostly garbage....writers will write anything these days, they're as credible as the people on my ignore list

12th man

Well...everyone has Jordan Hill on their ****list....the dude needs a 20/10 performance for people to stop worrying.