Official Rubio Rumormill

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Idiot by getting Rubio here Lebron and other superstars will follow. You must have been of those fans that wouldn't give Lakers Lee, Nate, Balkman, draft picks for Kobe Bryant when he wanted out! You have to give Wolves a couple of extra players to justify them trading Miller and Foye for the the #5 slot.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Idiot by getting Rubio here Lebron and other superstars will follow. You must have been of those fans that wouldn't give Lakers Lee, Nate, Balkman, draft picks for Kobe Bryant when he wanted out! You have to give Wolves a couple of extra players to justify them trading Miller and Foye for the the #5 slot.

Is that you Isiah?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
lol, nah his sobrino!

Bottom line is that you don't trade Chandler, 3 firstround draft picks, the number 8th pick just to move up 3 spots. Hill was a steal at 8 and needs Rubio lobbing him dimes in the garden. 3 draft picks is our future...what happens if he was a bust or got injured?

I would do Chandler, 1 future firstround pick, mobleys contract and some trade exceptions.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Bottom line is that you don't trade Chandler, 3 firstround draft picks, the number 8th pick just to move up 3 spots. Hill was a steal at 8 and needs Rubio lobbing him dimes in the garden. 3 draft picks is our future...what happens if he was a bust or got injured?

I would do Chandler, 1 first pick, mobleys contract and some trade exceptions.

That trade is even better! But Hill would have to be included since you don't want to have many players under contract when 2010 arrives. I'm very high on Hill but if he is not included in the deal Kahn has got to be shot

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
That trade is even better! But Hill would have to be included since you don't want to have many players under contract when 2010 arrives. I'm very high on Hill but if he is not included in the deal Kahn has got to be shot

2010 is next year, Hill will be mad cheap and won't effect our plans. Adding Hill is not necessary, Minni knows Rubio will never play for them. Just like you said...the NBA wants this..it will resurrect the Knicks and attract a ton of new fans. Rubio will be a Knick, it now all about how smart Walsh can be.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
lol, nah his sobrino!

Nah it'd be Isiah if it also included Danilo in the deal

Isiah would try Danilo + Chandler + 2012 + 2014 + 2016 first rounders + David Lee and take the entire T-Pups team in return. He'd also try to trade for Allen Iverson and Stephon Marbury because in Isiah's mind cancer = win.

Yeah drafting Toney Douglas basically makes it seem like Nate Robinson is on his way out. Douglas lacks Nate's athleticism, but he makes up for it by playing great defense.

If we get Rubio, that makes the Knicks a pretty good team defensively since Rubio, Hill, Douglas, Darko, and Chandler can all play defense.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Nah it'd be Isiah if it also included Danilo in the deal

Isiah would try Danilo + Chandler + 2012 + 2014 + 2016 first rounders + David Lee and take the entire T-Pups team in return. He'd also try to trade for Allen Iverson and Stephon Marbury because in Isiah's mind cancer = win.

Yeah drafting Toney Douglas basically makes it seem like Nate Robinson is on his way out. Douglas lacks Nate's athleticism, but he makes up for it by playing great defense.

If we get Rubio, that makes the Knicks a pretty good team defensively since Rubio, Hill, Douglas, Darko, and Chandler can all play defense.

Don't want to sound racist but Isiah would never draft or trade for a Latin player! He wouldn't even draft whites, lol!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Anucha Browne Sanders testified that "[Thomas] did not care about these "____ing white people" or these "____ing season ticket holders." Thomas denied these allegations.

From Wikipedia. Wouldn't surprise me.

iSaYughh

Starter
I'd be liberal in dishing out picks....if it means getting Rubio...plus the core we'd still have....Walsh has done us good shedding our fat so we are primed to make a splash in FA class of '10 -- or even '11....with the liklihood of us getting a gamebreaker real soon, especially if we can get a talent like Rubio @ point...I'm more willing to gamble on draft picks int the few years coming if it can solidify our chances at a powerhouse if not dynasty.

iSaYughh

Starter
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-41-157/Ricky-Rubio--Playing-Minnesota-Poker.html

I have talked to sources in several NBA front offices -- and elsewhere -- who are knowledgeable of the situation. Want to know how many of them buy Kahn's reasoning? None. Not one believes it even a little bit. Collectively, the executives rank the likelihood of a long-term Rubio and Flynn tandem at precisely zero.

But ya, solid article as a whole with some interesting points. I see n8 and Hill going, but I'd love to replace Hill w/ Chandler, even if we have to throw in a future 1st. :crossfingers:

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
This is quite embarrassing for the Wolves not having Rubio attend the media of all new rookies today. How could Kahn be man enough to actually think he's fooling anybody? This guy knows nothing about basketball and should of stayed away of an NBA franchise. How the hell do you explain to season ticket holders that the plan is to have Rubio stay 2 years in Europe? If with Foye, Miller, McCants the team won 24 games can you imagine how many games they would actually win by not getting anything in return for Rubio? They might win 18 games and that is a high number of wins for them in the Western Conf.

If they don't trade Rubio before the season starts this will be set their team back another five years. Even ****ing Memphis and OKC were smart enough to pass on him since they knew he wouldn't play for them. Rubio didn't help his case either by not working out versus other prospects hurting his chances of being drafted number 1 by the Clips. Maybe if some other teams had seen him like our Knicks we would of trade up in the draft to get him.

The teams that passed on Rubio will get better, but Minny has to trade Rubio they have no other choice and Kahn has lost all leverage less than 24 hours after taking him without any guarantees he would stay. Very very Stupid move by Kahn. He should of picked Curry/Hill and have a front court of Hill/Love/Jefferson for the next ten years.

mafra

Legend
I really believe Kahn had a plan when he jumped at the opportunity to grab WAS's 5th selection.... You had to believe it was to draft his future backcourt. Right?

He got rid of 2 guards for a bunch of backup BIGS, with contracts beyond 2009...

You thought a PG plus Evans or Hardin?

I'm sure those plans were dashed when both were off the board by the 5th pick. This is when Kahn switched to Plan-B.

He knew he had options if he grabbed Rubio. AGAIN, if Rubio wasn't available that probably was good for MInny- for, most likely, Evans or Hardin would have been there (along with their target in J-Flynn).

So, he knew he could grab Rubio and then pawn him off for his SG. No doubt this was his plan. I'm sure a guy like Hughes or Chandler would be a nice fit in Minny, along with a David Lee or Nate Robinson.

It just makes more sense.

Etan Thomas would come over to NYK as well, and we'll send Mobley over.... THAT WASHES AWAY 9 million dollars- maybe some money to sign a HT (who just opted out) or another free agent?

SO, let's see what happens.

I predict Rubio & Thomas for Nate Robinson, Larry Hughes, Mobley & a first rounder in 2011 & 2013. Something like that.

Stern wants it to happen; Kahn & Walsh are buddies; Rubio wont report to Minny.... Makes sense.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Seriously, if we give the Timberwolves Cuttino Mobley's contract and Nate Robinson they get a good backup guard as well as the money to go out and sign Hedo Turkoglu if they want to. Minnesota could use a small forward, they've got a decent backcourt and a solid 4 and 5, but they don't really have a good player at the 3 and if we give them Mobley's contract they have the money to go out and get a better player.

Alternatively we can give them Wilson Chandler. Odds are either Nate or Lee is going to be part of the deal, as well as either Chandler or Mobley's contract. But why not Larry Hughes? How come he hasn't been mentioned? The Timberwolves need a shooting guard and Larry Hughes is more than adequate to serve at that position. It doesn't matter because Hughes isn't going anywhere with our organization anyway, he's gone after 2009 and everybody knows it.

mafra

Legend
Seriously, if we give the Timberwolves Cuttino Mobley's contract and Nate Robinson they get a good backup guard as well as the money to go out and sign Hedo Turkoglu if they want to. Minnesota could use a small forward, they've got a decent backcourt and a solid 4 and 5, but they don't really have a good player at the 3 and if we give them Mobley's contract they have the money to go out and get a better player.

Alternatively we can give them Wilson Chandler. Odds are either Nate or Lee is going to be part of the deal, as well as either Chandler or Mobley's contract. But why not Larry Hughes? How come he hasn't been mentioned? The Timberwolves need a shooting guard and Larry Hughes is more than adequate to serve at that position. It doesn't matter because Hughes isn't going anywhere with our organization anyway, he's gone after 2009 and everybody knows it.

I agree. I don't think we'll give Chandler away here. I don't think they want Rubio that much.

They'll say:

1- take Lee or Nate
2- Take Hughes or Harrington
3- We'll absorb a contract (Thomas or Cardinal)
4- We'll give you 9-mil (Mobley's contract)

That's it.... If It goes beyond that- DW will just pursue Kidd or Nash.

Alivee

Rookie
The problem of Rubio is his clause, now 4'7M? (about $6'6M) but as from July 1 his clause is 6M? (about $8'4M). And he can't deal this amount.

Spanish newspaper says Rubio's negociating with Knicks.