Official Rubio Rumormill

smokes

Huge Member
Etan Thomas is an ok defensive roleplayer also. We probably wouldn't play him much but he can come in and take a few fouls now and then.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If Walsh's plan is to focus more on defense, then picking up Etan Thomas is a good move. I'm getting tired of seeing our wet paper bag of a defensive team with David Lee and Al Harrington up front, it's about time we focus on defense. And it's working, so far this year we've picked up Toney Douglas, Jordan Hill, and Darko, three players who will help us a ton when it comes to defense and shot blocking. If we get rid of David Lee and Nate Robinson and get Rubio as well as sign Gortat, that gives us an excellent team both offensively and defensively

PG: Rubio/Duhon
SG: Hughes/Douglas (or possibly Chandler/Douglas if they actually move Wilson Chandler to the 2)
SF: Gallinari/Hughes (if memory serves correctly Hughes is listed as a Guard-Forward)
PF: Hill/Harrington
C: Darko/Gortat

That's an excellent team on defense...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Bernard King

When Nate and DLee sign new contracts, they will be considered 'Base Year Compensation' players. That means that in a sign-and-trade deal: Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px inset ;" class="alt2"> the salary used for comparison is the player's previous salary, or 50% of the first-year salary in his new contract, whichever is greater. http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q73 </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
In other words, if DLee signs a deal for 10 mil a year, the number used in a sign-and-trade will be 5 mil... If Nate signs for 7 mil a year, his trade number becomes 3.5 mil.

In a Rubio deal, we would have to take back salary accordingly (no more than 125% salary of what we trade away). It's not a problem in this case, because they have plenty of expiring contracts to throw into a Rubio deal. It could get more complicated if they ask us to take a contract that goes beyond 2010...

No shit??

Brilliant!!!

So we're not looking at any more than probably $14m collectively for both N8 & Lee in a S&T situation. Tasteful.

I didn't know about that bargaining agreement at all.

It's all looking more tantalizing than it was now.

Thank you for lifting the curtain on that one for me.

BernardKing

Rookie
Bernard King

No shit??

Brilliant!!!

So we're not looking at any more than probably $14m collectively for both N8 & Lee in a S&T situation. Tasteful.

I didn't know about that bargaining agreement at all.

It's all looking more tantalizing than it was now.

Thank you for lifting the curtain on that one for me.

No problemo!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Why would we want to keep Chandler anyway? He's solid value, and is a SF.

Gallo is our SF right now and we may have Lebron in 2010 who is SG/SF

Chandler is a SF...I don't see a spot for him in this team in the future, seriously.

Yeah I do agree, I wouldn't really mind losing Chandler if it meant getting Rubio. I also wouldn't mind losing Lee/Nate if it meant shedding Curry or Jeffries' contracts.

Quite frankly I don't know that much about basketball, but could a player like Danilo Gallinari serve as a shooting guard? In the event that LeBron signs with the Knicks, how's this as a starting lineup?

PG - Rubio
SG - Gallo
SF - LeBron
PF - Hill
C - Amare

That'd be one sick lineup...course we'd need to fill our bench...

bfab99

Benchwarmer
LoL at people wanting to trade Wilson Chandler. Dude's the best player on the Knicks roster. Only 2 years w/ the Knicks (played only 1 year really cuz he was benched his rookie year) and he's done better and shown better things than Lee or Nate. Wilson Chandler should not and will not be traded. Wlash and Dantoni know what they've got with Wilson. They like the guy too much.

2009-10 Starting Lineup

Ricky Rubio (Chris Duhon)
Wilson Chandler (Toney Douglas)
Al Harrington (Danilo Gallinari)
Jordan Hill (Chris Wilcox) (Jared Jeffries)
Darco Milicic (Eddy Curry)

Good to go at aiming for that #6-#8 Playoff Spot. Let's go Knicks!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Knicks actually liked Curry, Evans & Hill over Rubio (according to Newsday).... Just b/c he's European, doesn't necessarily mean D'ant is going crazy to get him. I mean, they certainly like him and would entertain the notion of brining him here to orchestrate the offense.... BUT, they wont break the bank.

They will not deal Wilson Chandler. They wouldn't send him to WAS.... I doubt they do it here.

Rubio fits if the price is right. Otherwise, there are other options...

Don't discount Toney Dougles either.... Knicks love this kid.

If Minny wants to shed an expiring contract, if they want Mobley's contract, if they'll take Nate Robinson, Larry Hughes or Al Harrington.... I see DW getting in the mix.

BUT, there is NO WAY DW goes all out to get Rubio.... ruin the 2010 plan.

Danilo Galineri, Wilson Chandler, Jordan Hill & Toney Douglas are the foundation to attract Lebron & Co.; David Lee is more than welcome to be a part of this turnaround if he doesn't get greedy.

Darko, Duhon, Harrington can plan their way into the mix if they accept their roles.

Eddie Curry has another life.... He's playing for his future, a final payday.... I assume if he gets back to form he'll be dealt... ala Randolph....

Knicks will look to add a piece like Gortat.... Then sit back and wait until next year where they'll likely land Bosh or Amare, and of course.... LEBRON!

Good post. Not sure why everyone wants to trade Chandler. Why not trade Gallinari? Seems like potential weighs heavier then achievement in this thread.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
LoL at people wanting to trade Wilson Chandler. Dude's the best player on the Knicks roster. Only 2 years w/ the Knicks (played only 1 year really cuz he was benched his rookie year) and he's done better and shown better things than Lee or Nate. Wilson Chandler should not and will not be traded. Wlash and Dantoni know what they've got with Wilson. They like the guy too much.

2009-10 Starting Lineup

Ricky Rubio (Chris Duhon)
Wilson Chandler (Toney Douglas)
Al Harrington (Danilo Gallinari)
Jordan Hill (Chris Wilcox) (Jared Jeffries)
Darco Milicic (Eddy Curry)

Good to go at aiming for that #6-#8 Playoff Spot. Let's go Knicks!

Wilson will be included in the deal with Minny since he's the best we have to offer. Danilo was coveted by the Wolves in last years draft but his back injury he's out of any trade discussions. So what is the magical trade you envision without us including any of our best players (which is not saying much)?

smokes

Huge Member
Wilson will be included in the deal with Minny since he's the best we have to offer. Danilo was coveted by the Wolves in last years draft but his back injury he's out of any trade discussions. So what is the magical trade you envision without us including any of our best players (which is not saying much)?

Well Lee and Nate aren't in that lineup and Lee is our best player currently.

bfab99

Benchwarmer

David Lee and/or Nate Robinson. Give Timbs some money. Mobley's contract. Maybe a future pick. Whatever. But Wilson is valuable to this team. I believe that Lee and Nate have a lot of value in them enough for other team to take them (w/ out Chandler). Wilson, in my opinion, is the BEST player on the Knicks and comes cheap, and gets to be here past 2010. Why people want to trade him, I don't know.

bfab99

Benchwarmer
If we trade Chandler, we get WORSE defensively. He's the only guy that plays defense on the Knicks. How many blocks he got last season? More than Lee and Curry's got in their careers combined? Plus, who are we gonna get offense from when Wilson gets traded? Nate? He's not staying. Lee? Not staying. Harrington? (OK, he can help, but Wilson is better) Hughes?! Ricky Rubio? Um, no. NEED NEED NEED Wilson.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i like the direction were going in right now. were getting more defensive and our offense is still getting better.

Hill- great 2-way addition,plays defense and blocks tons of shots, and his offense is reminiscent of amar'e.

Douglas- reminds me of a barbosa type player on offense but with more defensive i.q and a lockdown defender.

Chandler- we all know what he can do.

Darko, will help us next year by giving us defense and size in the low post( no homo)

if we could just add defense to our pg and more defense and size to our C we will actually get some defensive stops next year

ANU

Starter
i like the direction were going in right now. were getting more defensive and our offense is still getting better.

Hill- great 2-way addition,plays defense and blocks tons of shots, and his offense is reminiscent of amar'e.

Douglas- reminds me of a barbosa type player on offense but with more defensive i.q and a lockdown defender.

Chandler- we all know what he can do.

Darko, will help us next year by giving us defense and size in the low post( no homo)

if we could just add defense to our pg and more defense and size to our C we will actually get some defensive stops next year
i think darko hill and douglas are exactly that.

I'm pretty excited about this team to be honest.

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
Chandler is a good player but the key word is good.
I mean if we could get a deal done like: Nate, Lee, and Mobley for Rubio I would jizz in my pants.
But let's keep it real:
The T-Wolves have Love and Al Jefferson so why do they need Lee?
But then again they traded OJ Mayo and drafted 4 PGs

sealy23

Rookie
I honestly would laugh to myself when Chandler and Rubio starts rising in the league.

This reminds me so much of when people we're too stubborn to let go of Eddy Curry.

Agreed. Chandler is a very replaceable player. An athletic SG/SF that can't dribble that well, has a streaky jumper, but shows spats of solid play is on every NBA squad.

A guy like Rubio could be a star and our floor general for the next 15+ yrs. I am willing to gamble Wilson Chandler for that. I am sick of this mediocrity

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If we trade Chandler, we get WORSE defensively. He's the only guy that plays defense on the Knicks. How many blocks he got last season? More than Lee and Curry's got in their careers combined? Plus, who are we gonna get offense from when Wilson gets traded? Nate? He's not staying. Lee? Not staying. Harrington? (OK, he can help, but Wilson is better) Hughes?! Ricky Rubio? Um, no. NEED NEED NEED Wilson.

Things have changed.

Jordan Hill? Plays defense. Darko? Plays defense. Toney Douglas? Plays defense. If we get Ricky Rubio? Plays defense. Larry Hughes? Plays defense.

So long as we're not throwing defensive paper bags like David Lee, Q-Brick, and Nate out there, we'll be fine. We gave up so many points because David Lee is as effective as a statue on defense (actually if you put a metal statue instead of David Lee I think the opposition would actually have a harder time). Jordan Hill/Darko instead of David Lee is a huge defensive upgrade, as is Toney Douglas instead of Nate Robinson.

Starting lineup without Rubio and Chandler:

PG - Some free agent point guard like Kidd / Duhon
SG - Hughes/Douglas
SF - Gallinari/(I guess Jared Jeffries...)
PF - Harrington/Hill
C - Darko/Gortat

Except for Harrington all of those guys are good defenders. I'm assuming we play Larry Hughes at the 2, of course.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i think darko hill and douglas are exactly that.

I'm pretty excited about this team to be honest.

they are, but right now we need a set starting PG and C

we got our future pf set right now in Hill, Douglas will be the better, 2-way, more controlled version of Nate.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Gallinari is a better perimeter defender also...despite what people expected him to be.

u're kiddin right?LOL

1 spin move to gallo, u're passed em

gallo is a good help defender but 1 on 1 defense, he's pathetic

gallo isnt half the defender wilson is

Toons

is the Bo$$
u're kiddin right?LOL

1 spin move to gallo, u're passed em

gallo is a good help defender but 1 on 1 defense, he's pathetic

gallo isnt half the defender wilson is

Neither gallo or chandler has come near their peak yet, its unfair to judge them and put down another since none haoof them has had 3 years under their belt. Chandler is a bit more familiar with the game, but gallo played euroball so both of them have a bit of big game experience, but not full nba experience. They are great project players and we should keep them both.