Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Official Rubio Rumormill

cant read anything about rubio now without the knicks being involved. this **** better get done.

Lurker

Kahn:

"I purposely selected Ricky with the fifth pick, not the sixth, to help with his buyout situation. Ricky and his family have taken a very bold step to enter the NBA despite having two years remaining on his contract with his Spanish team. I know that they would have preferred that we try to move to the second or third pick to take him, and I respect their wishes, but my belief was that we need during these next 15 months to acquire multiple pieces to make this a championship-contending team over the next three-to-four years. The price for moving to No. 2 or 3 was far too steep".

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Knicks actually liked Curry, Evans & Hill over Rubio (according to Newsday).... Just b/c he's European, doesn't necessarily mean D'ant is going crazy to get him. I mean, they certainly like him and would entertain the notion of brining him here to orchestrate the offense.... BUT, they wont break the bank.

They will not deal Wilson Chandler. They wouldn't send him to WAS.... I doubt they do it here.

Rubio fits if the price is right. Otherwise, there are other options...

Don't discount Toney Dougles either.... Knicks love this kid.

If Minny wants to shed an expiring contract, if they want Mobley's contract, if they'll take Nate Robinson, Larry Hughes or Al Harrington.... I see DW getting in the mix.

BUT, there is NO WAY DW goes all out to get Rubio.... ruin the 2010 plan.

Danilo Galineri, Wilson Chandler, Jordan Hill & Toney Douglas are the foundation to attract Lebron & Co.; David Lee is more than welcome to be a part of this turnaround if he doesn't get greedy.

Darko, Duhon, Harrington can plan their way into the mix if they accept their roles.

Eddie Curry has another life.... He's playing for his future, a final payday.... I assume if he gets back to form he'll be dealt... ala Randolph....

Knicks will look to add a piece like Gortat.... Then sit back and wait until next year where they'll likely land Bosh or Amare, and of course.... LEBRON!

Originally Posted by mafra
    Here's the problem:

How does this trade work under the Stern rules? If we sign-&-deal Lee & Nate.... That's like what? 8-9 mil a year for Lee, 4-6 a year for Nate? Rubio gets signed under slot for his pick? Would the $ match up?
    When Nate and DLee sign new contracts, they will be considered 'Base Year Compensation' players. That means that in a sign-and-trade deal:
    the salary used for comparison is the player's previous salary, or 50% of the first-year salary in his new contract, whichever is greater. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    In other words, if DLee signs a deal for 10 mil a year, the number used in a sign-and-trade will be 5 mil... If Nate signs for 7 mil a year, his trade number becomes 3.5 mil.

In a Rubio deal, we would have to take back salary accordingly (no more than 125% salary of what we trade away). It's not a problem in this case, because they have plenty of expiring contracts to throw into a Rubio deal. It could get more complicated if they ask us to take a contract that goes beyond 2010...

Gotta love the ole Collective Bargaining Agreement...

Veteran

We wouldn't send Chandler to Washington because we didn't think there was a chance in hell of us getting Rubio with the 5th pick, not because we didn't want Rubio. Pre-draft we thought we'd have to make a trade with OKC to get him and Walsh obviously (and correctly) didn't think that it was worth giving up Wilson Chandler to get Stephen Curry. If they'd had known before the draft that Rubio was going to fall to #5 you can bet that Walsh would've pulled the trigger on the trade with the Wizards already.

Of course that's all because I don't buy the "we wanted Curry more than Rubio" rumors, that's silly because Curry is an undersized PG who can't play defense whereas Rubio is a good size for a PG who plays defense and has court vision that's unparalleled amongst his draft class, but hey what the hell do I know.

So we'd have to take on 8.5 million dollars of salary, is that it? It'd probably involve Etan Thomas or Brian Cardinal...who cares, they're expiring contracts anyway.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    So we'd have to take on 8.5 million dollars of salary, is that it? It'd probably involve Etan Thomas or Brian Cardinal...who cares, they're expiring contracts anyway.

Etan Thomas is an ok defensive roleplayer also. We probably wouldn't play him much but he can come in and take a few fouls now and then.

Veteran

If Walsh's plan is to focus more on defense, then picking up Etan Thomas is a good move. I'm getting tired of seeing our wet paper bag of a defensive team with David Lee and Al Harrington up front, it's about time we focus on defense. And it's working, so far this year we've picked up Toney Douglas, Jordan Hill, and Darko, three players who will help us a ton when it comes to defense and shot blocking. If we get rid of David Lee and Nate Robinson and get Rubio as well as sign Gortat, that gives us an excellent team both offensively and defensively

PG: Rubio/Duhon
    SG: Hughes/Douglas (or possibly Chandler/Douglas if they actually move Wilson Chandler to the 2)
    SF: Gallinari/Hughes (if memory serves correctly Hughes is listed as a Guard-Forward)
    PF: Hill/Harrington
    C: Darko/Gortat

That's an excellent team on defense...

Bernard King

When Nate and DLee sign new contracts, they will be considered 'Base Year Compensation' players. That means that in a sign-and-trade deal: Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px inset ;" class="alt2"> the salary used for comparison is the player's previous salary, or 50% of the first-year salary in his new contract, whichever is greater. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    In other words, if DLee signs a deal for 10 mil a year, the number used in a sign-and-trade will be 5 mil... If Nate signs for 7 mil a year, his trade number becomes 3.5 mil.

In a Rubio deal, we would have to take back salary accordingly (no more than 125% salary of what we trade away). It's not a problem in this case, because they have plenty of expiring contracts to throw into a Rubio deal. It could get more complicated if they ask us to take a contract that goes beyond 2010...

No ****??

Brilliant!!!

So we're not looking at any more than probably $14m collectively for both N8 & Lee in a S&T situation. Tasteful.

I didn't know about that bargaining agreement at all.

It's all looking more tantalizing than it was now.

Thank you for lifting the curtain on that one for me.

Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    Bernard King

No ****??

Brilliant!!!

So we're not looking at any more than probably $14m collectively for both N8 & Lee in a S&T situation. Tasteful.

I didn't know about that bargaining agreement at all.

It's all looking more tantalizing than it was now.

Thank you for lifting the curtain on that one for me.
    No problemo!

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Why would we want to keep Chandler anyway? He's solid value, and is a SF.

Gallo is our SF right now and we may have Lebron in 2010 who is SG/SF

Chandler is a SF...I don't see a spot for him in this team in the future, seriously.
    Yeah I do agree, I wouldn't really mind losing Chandler if it meant getting Rubio. I also wouldn't mind losing Lee/Nate if it meant shedding Curry or Jeffries' contracts.

Quite frankly I don't know that much about basketball, but could a player like Danilo Gallinari serve as a shooting guard? In the event that LeBron signs with the Knicks, how's this as a starting lineup?

PG - Rubio
    SG - Gallo
    SF - LeBron
    PF - Hill
    C - Amare

That'd be one sick lineup...course we'd need to fill our bench...

LoL at people wanting to trade Wilson Chandler. Dude's the best player on the Knicks roster. Only 2 years w/ the Knicks (played only 1 year really cuz he was benched his rookie year) and he's done better and shown better things than Lee or Nate. Wilson Chandler should not and will not be traded. Wlash and Dantoni know what they've got with Wilson. They like the guy too much.

2009-10 Starting Lineup

Ricky Rubio (Chris Duhon)
    Wilson Chandler (Toney Douglas)
    Al Harrington (Danilo Gallinari)
    Jordan Hill (Chris Wilcox) (Jared Jeffries)
    Darco Milicic (Eddy Curry)

Good to go at aiming for that #6-#8 Playoff Spot. Let's go Knicks!

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Originally Posted by mafra
    Knicks actually liked Curry, Evans & Hill over Rubio (according to Newsday).... Just b/c he's European, doesn't necessarily mean D'ant is going crazy to get him. I mean, they certainly like him and would entertain the notion of brining him here to orchestrate the offense.... BUT, they wont break the bank.

They will not deal Wilson Chandler. They wouldn't send him to WAS.... I doubt they do it here.

Rubio fits if the price is right. Otherwise, there are other options...

Don't discount Toney Dougles either.... Knicks love this kid.

If Minny wants to shed an expiring contract, if they want Mobley's contract, if they'll take Nate Robinson, Larry Hughes or Al Harrington.... I see DW getting in the mix.

BUT, there is NO WAY DW goes all out to get Rubio.... ruin the 2010 plan.

Danilo Galineri, Wilson Chandler, Jordan Hill & Toney Douglas are the foundation to attract Lebron & Co.; David Lee is more than welcome to be a part of this turnaround if he doesn't get greedy.

Darko, Duhon, Harrington can plan their way into the mix if they accept their roles.

Eddie Curry has another life.... He's playing for his future, a final payday.... I assume if he gets back to form he'll be dealt... ala Randolph....

Knicks will look to add a piece like Gortat.... Then sit back and wait until next year where they'll likely land Bosh or Amare, and of course.... LEBRON!
    Good post. Not sure why everyone wants to trade Chandler. Why not trade Gallinari? Seems like potential weighs heavier then achievement in this thread.

Originally Posted by bfab99
    LoL at people wanting to trade Wilson Chandler. Dude's the best player on the Knicks roster. Only 2 years w/ the Knicks (played only 1 year really cuz he was benched his rookie year) and he's done better and shown better things than Lee or Nate. Wilson Chandler should not and will not be traded. Wlash and Dantoni know what they've got with Wilson. They like the guy too much.

2009-10 Starting Lineup

Ricky Rubio (Chris Duhon)
    Wilson Chandler (Toney Douglas)
    Al Harrington (Danilo Gallinari)
    Jordan Hill (Chris Wilcox) (Jared Jeffries)
    Darco Milicic (Eddy Curry)

Good to go at aiming for that #6-#8 Playoff Spot. Let's go Knicks!
    Wilson will be included in the deal with Minny since he's the best we have to offer. Danilo was coveted by the Wolves in last years draft but his back injury he's out of any trade discussions. So what is the magical trade you envision without us including any of our best players (which is not saying much)?

Originally Posted by Arod2k9
    Wilson will be included in the deal with Minny since he's the best we have to offer. Danilo was coveted by the Wolves in last years draft but his back injury he's out of any trade discussions. So what is the magical trade you envision without us including any of our best players (which is not saying much)?
    Well Lee and Nate aren't in that lineup and Lee is our best player currently.