Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Official Rubio Rumormill

Originally Posted by Arod2k9
    Wilson will be included in the deal with Minny since he's the best we have to offer. Danilo was coveted by the Wolves in last years draft but his back injury he's out of any trade discussions. So what is the magical trade you envision without us including any of our best players (which is not saying much)?
    David Lee and/or Nate Robinson. Give Timbs some money. Mobley's contract. Maybe a future pick. Whatever. But Wilson is valuable to this team. I believe that Lee and Nate have a lot of value in them enough for other team to take them (w/ out Chandler). Wilson, in my opinion, is the BEST player on the Knicks and comes cheap, and gets to be here past 2010. Why people want to trade him, I don't know.

If we trade Chandler, we get WORSE defensively. He's the only guy that plays defense on the Knicks. How many blocks he got last season? More than Lee and Curry's got in their careers combined? Plus, who are we gonna get offense from when Wilson gets traded? Nate? He's not staying. Lee? Not staying. Harrington? (OK, he can help, but Wilson is better) Hughes?! Ricky Rubio? Um, no. NEED NEED NEED Wilson.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

i like the direction were going in right now. were getting more defensive and our offense is still getting better.

Hill- great 2-way addition,plays defense and blocks tons of shots, and his offense is reminiscent of amar'e.

Douglas- reminds me of a barbosa type player on offense but with more defensive i.q and a lockdown defender.

Chandler- we all know what he can do.

Darko, will help us next year by giving us defense and size in the low post( no homo)

if we could just add defense to our pg and more defense and size to our C we will actually get some defensive stops next year

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    i like the direction were going in right now. were getting more defensive and our offense is still getting better.

Hill- great 2-way addition,plays defense and blocks tons of shots, and his offense is reminiscent of amar'e.

Douglas- reminds me of a barbosa type player on offense but with more defensive i.q and a lockdown defender.

Chandler- we all know what he can do.

Darko, will help us next year by giving us defense and size in the low post( no homo)

if we could just add defense to our pg and more defense and size to our C we will actually get some defensive stops next year
    i think darko hill and douglas are exactly that.

I'm pretty excited about this team to be honest.

Chandler is a good player but the key word is good.
    I mean if we could get a deal done like: Nate, Lee, and Mobley for Rubio I would jizz in my pants.
    But let's keep it real:
    The T-Wolves have Love and Al Jefferson so why do they need Lee?
    But then again they traded OJ Mayo and drafted 4 PGs

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I honestly would laugh to myself when Chandler and Rubio starts rising in the league.

This reminds me so much of when people we're too stubborn to let go of Eddy Curry.

Agreed. Chandler is a very replaceable player. An athletic SG/SF that can't dribble that well, has a streaky jumper, but shows spats of solid play is on every NBA squad.

A guy like Rubio could be a star and our floor general for the next 15+ yrs. I am willing to gamble Wilson Chandler for that. I am sick of this mediocrity

Veteran

Originally Posted by bfab99
    If we trade Chandler, we get WORSE defensively. He's the only guy that plays defense on the Knicks. How many blocks he got last season? More than Lee and Curry's got in their careers combined? Plus, who are we gonna get offense from when Wilson gets traded? Nate? He's not staying. Lee? Not staying. Harrington? (OK, he can help, but Wilson is better) Hughes?! Ricky Rubio? Um, no. NEED NEED NEED Wilson.
    Things have changed.

Jordan Hill? Plays defense. Darko? Plays defense. Toney Douglas? Plays defense. If we get Ricky Rubio? Plays defense. Larry Hughes? Plays defense.

So long as we're not throwing defensive paper bags like David Lee, Q-Brick, and Nate out there, we'll be fine. We gave up so many points because David Lee is as effective as a statue on defense (actually if you put a metal statue instead of David Lee I think the opposition would actually have a harder time). Jordan Hill/Darko instead of David Lee is a huge defensive upgrade, as is Toney Douglas instead of Nate Robinson.

Starting lineup without Rubio and Chandler:

PG - Some free agent point guard like Kidd / Duhon
    SG - Hughes/Douglas
    SF - Gallinari/(I guess Jared Jeffries...)
    PF - Harrington/Hill
    C - Darko/Gortat

Except for Harrington all of those guys are good defenders. I'm assuming we play Larry Hughes at the 2, of course.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Originally Posted by ANU
    i think darko hill and douglas are exactly that.

I'm pretty excited about this team to be honest.
    they are, but right now we need a set starting PG and C

we got our future pf set right now in Hill, Douglas will be the better, 2-way, more controlled version of Nate.

Gallinari is a better perimeter defender also...despite what people expected him to be.
    u're kiddin right?LOL

1 spin move to gallo, u're passed em

gallo is a good help defender but 1 on 1 defense, he's pathetic

gallo isnt half the defender wilson is

Originally Posted by datruth
    u're kiddin right?LOL

1 spin move to gallo, u're passed em

gallo is a good help defender but 1 on 1 defense, he's pathetic

gallo isnt half the defender wilson is
    Neither gallo or chandler has come near their peak yet, its unfair to judge them and put down another since none haoof them has had 3 years under their belt. Chandler is a bit more familiar with the game, but gallo played euroball so both of them have a bit of big game experience, but not full nba experience. They are great project players and we should keep them both.

Veteran

It'd be awesome to keep both but we only need one small forward...

While I agree Chandler is somewhat replaceable he is one of the few above average players on the Knicks. Chandler, Lee, Nate and Harrington imo are the only big keepers. Possibly Wilcox too. Gallo I just haven't seen enough of to decide but he won't be traded anyway.

Updated with Sundays stories.

If we end up moving Lee/Nate I would be quite high on getting Ben Gordon in FA. He's the kind of 2nd option you want on offense for a superstar player. He can really light it up when he gets going, plus hes a decent 2 way player.

Veteran

Thats not even a fact...you're acting like Chandler is a SPEED DEMON, he's average at some things and below average at a lot of things.

At best, he's good.

We don't need good.

We need great.

Gallinari is going to be a great player in this league...even if his post defense is bad, he tries all the time on defense, and you can't say that about Chandler, who got softer game by game.

Honestly, the only thing that is going to change your mind is what will happen in the future.

You use to believe Crawford and Curry would lead the Knicks to winning...I told you they wouldn't. I got bashed by others for not being a "true Knick fan". Look at the results now. A couple of seasons waste with one of the worst experiments in sports history directed by IT.

Keeping Chandler is an Isiah move...we can't continue losing ways like this.

Chandler's value is good right now; we need to use it to improve the team.

D'Antoni likes an 8 man rotation
    Right, it is

Duhon
    Hughes
    Gallinari
    Harrington
    Darko

Bench
    Hill
    Douglas
    Jefferies

Missing like aways
    Chandler

Too below average.

Worst backcourt in the NBA.
    A frontcourt with no chemistry playing together, but having potential, size, and versatility.

This spells little success for the Knicks.

Only a fool would enter the 2009-10 season with that roster.
    A FOOL.

Walsh understands he needs to make big changes now.

Keep
    Danilo
    Hill
    Douglas
    Darko

Sale
    Duhon
    Hughes
    Harrington
    Chandler

Duhon and Hughes are way too inefficient for a backcourt.
    Even a rookie PG like Rubio is capable of producing more efficiency than those two.

Getting Rubio would secure us at the PG for a decade and a half.
    Gallo got the 3.
    Hill at the 4/5
    If Darko makes a comeback, he got the 5.

All we need is a 2.

Chandler isn't a 2.
    Anyone thinks so needs to look up Knicks tapes and watch him play.
    Poor shooter.
    Poor handles.
    Not an intelligent player
    Not aggressive enough.

We need a 2.
    Big time two...Rubio, Gallo, Hill, Darko aren't going to beat you with their scoring.

SOOOO...Walsh should put those goes on sell and try to nab a high scoring 2 guard for RENT...even a guy like Ricky Davis or Corey Maggette would be nice.

Or we could move Gallo who does have handles, passing ability and great 3pt range at the 2, and use Harrington as our primary scoring option...though that won't spell much success since he's not efficient due to his poor shot selection/shoot percentage.

I LOVE THE KNICKS.

I know why you guys feel like I'm hating on ya boy.
    But I just want the BEST for the team.
    I said the same exact **** about Crawford, Curry, and Frye.

People were in love with their potential and felt they were untradable.

Look at those three now...Atlanta won't probably make the playoffs now since Jamal Crawford has that losing curse he brings to all the teams in the NBA...poor atlanta, they were on the rise and gave GS a GIFT.
    Agreed with...most of it. I wouldn't trade Chandler if we didn't HAVE to but if it meant getting Rubio I'd give him up in a heartbeat since I do think Rubio is that good. Chandler is a decent player but we don't need another small forward and he's got high value now if we trade him. As of right now we have no backcourt whatsoever. Our frontcourt isn't terrible with Harrington (effective scorer), Darko (good shotblocker and defender), and Gallinari (good all-around player with excellent shooting) not to mention Hill as an effective backup for his first year and probably an F/C on our team for years to come. But we're currently starting Duhon and Larry Hughes. That might be one of the worst backcourts in the NBA. Rubio would be a start. But we need a quality shooting guard. Danilo is a good ball handler and shooter, but I don't think he's the scoring threat you want from the 2. I don't know what we'll do about it; perhaps we'll hold on to Hughes for now and go after a 2 guard in 2010 free agency?