Official Rubio Rumormill

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
wow Idk if there's much else on our entire team if they're turning down Wilson Chandler and Jordan Hill; as far as young talent goes...

though i'm sure Kahn is just rejecting everything right now to either make it look like he's keepin Rubio or wait till July 1st comes around..

bfab99

Benchwarmer
LMAO at Wolves. Rubio doesn't want to play for THEM! How they not see that?! They should be trading Rubio for free if he dont want to play for them. They're like "Hey let's wait 2 years. Maybe he'll change his mind" hahahahahaha.

bfab99

Benchwarmer
i bet the only reason Chandler was offered to the 5th pick, or even for Rubio is because we have nothing to offer right NOW. Wait until July when Lee and Nate CAN be offered.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
F*ck Rubio and his Jonas Brothers mop haircut. The guy's another great White hope. If Rubio was Black, doing flashy passes, people would say he lacks fundamentals and is a street baller. Instead, like J-Wills, he's a supposed phenom. Well, J-Wills was an overrated bum.

And what the hell are you guys smoking? WTF has this dude done? None of you have watched this guy play. I have.

This dude is a pack of cookies, 2/$1 for NBA backcourts. Yet he's getting Lebron James hype. I can't wait until this dude gets exposed. He has no jumper, no lift, is turnover prone and slow. His drive is weak and only effective in the ACB, where there's no interior D.

I don't care if he's "only 18." What does being 18 have to do with being a top pick? If he's only 18, then you draft him, as long as he's for real. If he's not, then don't.

Here's Boston GM Danny Ainge's take on the Messiah, Ricky Rubio:

"I don’t see Rubio being that dynamic player now. I think he’s got a lot of potential. He’s a very flashy player. He has a great mind for the game, and he’s a terrific passer. I don’t see him, just physically, and because he doesn’t shoot the ball very well, I don’t see him having an impact as a rookie. I think he’s more of a project – a build-around franchise point guard – so I would put him down there below those other guys."

smokes

Huge Member
F*ck Rubio and his Jonas Brothers mop haircut. The guy's another great White hope. If Rubio was Black, doing flashy passes, people would say he lacks fundamentals and is a street baller. Instead, like J-Wills, he's a supposed phenom. Well, J-Wills was an overrated bum.

And what the hell are you guys smoking? WTF has this dude done? None of you have watched this guy play. I have.

This dude is a pack of cookies, 2/$1 for NBA backcourts. Yet he's getting Lebron James hype. I can't wait until this dude gets exposed. He has no jumper, no lift, is turnover prone and slow. His drive is weak and only effective in the ACB, where there's no interior D.

I don't care if he's "only 18." What does being 18 have to do with being a top pick? If he's only 18, then you draft him, as long as he's for real. If he's not, then don't.

"I don?t see Rubio being that dynamic player now. I think he?s got a lot of potential. He?s a very flashy player. He has a great mind for the game, and he?s a terrific passer. I don?t see him, just physically, and because he doesn?t shoot the ball very well, I don?t see him having an impact as a rookie. I think he?s more of a project ? a build-around franchise point guard ? so I would put him down there below those other guys."

Wow you really are the bees knees aren't you? None of us have seen him play and you have? What are YOU smoking?

And again with the defensive racism, bringing up crap which no one is even discussing, you got a real chip on your shoulder about black vs white it seems. Most of us moved on already.

So angry.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Rubio

Rubio, no doubt, is talented and a good prospect -- but he is likely over-hyped. I believe that Jennings is a better prospect long term, but we passed on him.

I hope that the Wolves sign Rubio. I believe he will have to endure the "cold" for only four years before he can become a restricted free agent. He will be 23 at that time. The Wolves keep draft rights for him for several years. Might as well get the "cold" weather behind him sooner than later.

And if the Wolves sign him, Flynn will become available. We need a point guard now.

smokes

Huge Member
Rubio Says He's Leaning Towards Remaining In Spain

Ricky Rubio remains confused about where he will be playing this season.

"I have more uncertainty about my future now than before the draft; every minute I'm in a different place," Rubio told the El Periodico newspaper of Barcelona in Monday's edition.

Rubio and his father were to quietly fly to Minneapolis last Saturday for conversations with Wolves president of basketball operations David Kahn.

"It's like being in a bag and not knowing what is going up or down," Rubio said. "For now, I think I may return to the ACB, but we'll see."

I really wonder how long Kahn stays a GM for. Douche needs to be fired immediately.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Kahn has a lot of leverage because he drafted Flynn too. He can sit back and listen to all the offers for Rubio and wait for the one that he can't refuse. Honestly, I think he drafted Rubio because he knew a lot of big market teams were interested. He was fully aware that Minn was not an ideal playing city for Rubio. May be some backdoor GM strategy being played here.

smokes

Huge Member
Kahn has a lot of leverage because he drafted Flynn too. He can sit back and listen to all the offers for Rubio and wait for the one that he can't refuse. Honestly, I think he drafted Rubio because he knew a lot of big market teams were interested. He was fully aware that Minn was not an ideal playing city for Rubio. May be some backdoor GM strategy being played here.

Yeah, if he does end up trading Rubio and all the talk was just a ruse to get other teams willing to give up more, fair enough, that's good strategy.

If however Rubio ends up back in the ACB Kahn needs a good slap.

mafra

Legend

I'm really confused with this Rubio saga. I wonder why Kahn is being so adament about keeping Rubio and shouting from the roof that he can play the waiting game? If you wanted to make your first draft pick happy, wouldn't these be things best left said behind close doors? Why the mind games?

Being so public with his comments makes me believe he wants to trade Rubio, and is speaking to other GMs, in a game of chicken.

ALSO, who cares about an assett with your 5th pick? Especially when there are options- trade back and still get a player.... Just take the best 2-guard (Williams or Henderson) who will be solid starters/rotation players in the NBA for years.

Also, why draft Rubio to sit on him AND draft PG Calethis and ship him to DAL, when a guy like Sam Young would have helped? VERY perplexing....

NOW.... you cannot just say we do not care about winning the next 2 years (unless your DW and you run the Knicks).... Not when you have a special talent like Al Jefferson. Sorry... doesn't cut it.

I have to believe the point in drafting Rubio was to grab a PG or SG.... One who can play.... can shoot.... is young enough to add to your core.

You have Jefferson, Love.... you draft your PG. NOW, you need a SG & a SF.... They could've had both in this draft, but instead elected to draft Rubio, Lawson, Calethis.... They already traded 2, and still did not fill those needs? Only common sense would lead you to infer they intend to fill a need with Rubio- they already collected more draft picks.

SO, I'm not sure what they want.... But, while I understand why Kahn would draft Rubio and sit on him for a few years..... He cannot wait THREE. One perhaps.... Maybe they even play that game this year.... But, eventually..... Rubio will force his hand.

Players do this (otherwise Kobe would be a Net).

The question is: Do they like Chandler? Would we deal WC? Do they like Lee or Nate? Is there a 3-way deal that might work? We'll find out in th next 2-weeks.

dave2138

Rotation player
I totally disagree with you since you or Wolves GM can't justify trading 2 guards (Foye/Miller) for nothing and without any guarantees that Rubio will ever come to the Wolves. Without Miller and Foye the Wolves are without a backcourt! They were also your best passers and best shooters on the team, they are hanging Flynn putting so much pressure on him to succeed with the worst team in basketball.

I'll say it now the Wolves will win 15 games next season and will probably draft Wall, but not even that justifies not getting anything in return for Rubio right now. If he would have been drafted then fine keep him in Europe as long as you need, but they traded for him and Rubio doesn't want to report to them. Now he's entertaining offers to play in Spain or Turkey and what is Kahn gonna do just wait till is 2013 to realize that Rubio doesn't to be in Minnesota. The logic to wait on a player is good when you have good team already in place, but not when you have a piece of crap team. If I were a Wolves fan I'll be pissed as hell, is as if listening to Isiah again when Kahn speaks.

Wolves need to get something now before the season stars, they need a new coach and they need to know what the hell they are doing. This guy Kahn has no clue whatsoever and will be worse than Kevin Mchale. At least Mchale drafted Kevin Garnett and envision a tandem with Marbury would work. It didn't but at least he knew what he was doing. Kahn is the dumbest GM in the NBA, a complete idiot and I find it hard to believe than some would support him.

The Twolves are looking long term though..The correct strategy should be how to get this team among the elite in the West 3 or 4 years in the future when teams like San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix and maybe others are forced to rebuild. So trading Foye (Restricted FA after 2010) for Ricky Rubio (signed for 4 years) is a good trade looking long term. The most important part I think is the fact that their 1st round picks are only protected if they are in the top 10. They want to wait as long as possible to give up that pick while they are still rebuilding.

The pressure is on Rubio now, not the Twolves. They did the right thing by taking the best player available at #5. If Rubio wants to be a bitch and play in Europe until his contract expires then thats his loss. Even if they wait 2 years..a 20 year old Rubio has more trade value than an 18 year old Rubio.

I think this Wolves GM gets a bad rep for thinking too much into the future, but when you are in the Western Conference..what else do you have to look forward to?

Wolvesfan

Rookie
I'm really confused with this Rubio saga. I wonder why Kahn is being so adament about keeping Rubio and shouting from the roof that he can play the waiting game? If you wanted to make your first draft pick happy, wouldn't these be things best left said behind close doors? Why the mind games?

Being so public with his comments makes me believe he wants to trade Rubio, and is speaking to other GMs, in a game of chicken.

ALSO, who cares about an assett with your 5th pick? Especially when there are options- trade back and still get a player.... Just take the best 2-guard (Williams or Henderson) who will be solid starters/rotation players in the NBA for years.

Also, why draft Rubio to sit on him AND draft PG Calethis and ship him to DAL, when a guy like Sam Young would have helped? VERY perplexing....

NOW.... you cannot just say we do not care about winning the next 2 years (unless your DW and you run the Knicks).... Not when you have a special talent like Al Jefferson. Sorry... doesn't cut it.

I have to believe the point in drafting Rubio was to grab a PG or SG.... One who can play.... can shoot.... is young enough to add to your core.

You have Jefferson, Love.... you draft your PG. NOW, you need a SG & a SF.... They could've had both in this draft, but instead elected to draft Rubio, Lawson, Calethis.... They already traded 2, and still did not fill those needs? Only common sense would lead you to infer they intend to fill a need with Rubio- they already collected more draft picks.

SO, I'm not sure what they want.... But, while I understand why Kahn would draft Rubio and sit on him for a few years..... He cannot wait THREE. One perhaps.... Maybe they even play that game this year.... But, eventually..... Rubio will force his hand.

Players do this (otherwise Kobe would be a Net).

The question is: Do they like Chandler? Would we deal WC? Do they like Lee or Nate? Is there a 3-way deal that might work? We'll find out in th next 2-weeks.
The only guys the wolves would have any interest in are Gallarni and Chandler. It seems quite obvious to me that if Kahn is going the trade Rubio route it will be for an unprotected pick next year. I firmly believe that the reason Kahn took Rubio and Flynn is due to the fact that, besides pg's, this was the weakest draft in a long long time.

Heck, Ellington is really not far from the first SG taken in this draft prospect wise. The Wolves could possibly have 3 top 11 picks already next year in a much better draft class than this years.

Oh, another thing I should mention. Mike Miller was horrible last year and Foye hasn't progressed at all. Foye may just need a change of scenery to be a solid starter, but as of now he isn't going to win you games.

dave2138

Rotation player
Err, the Wolves may be fine with it but that's part of the reason they are complete idiots (if they are even fine with it, more likely blowing smoke). Why wouldn't they trade Foye when they need a SF and there was 0 quality SF's in this draft? You can't compare 6'4 Foye to 6'8 Chandler so don't even try. Of course it makes sense if you want to get a solid young SF then get someone who a lot of people want and watch the offers flood in, not hard to see.

Waiting 2 years for a player is the most idiotic notion ever. Why would he improve so much in Europe when he's already played in that league for several years? Why risk letting him get injured again in a much more physical league? He doesn't want to play in Minny now and he won't in 2 years in fact he'd more likely start resenting them for drafting him and letting him rot in Spain when he should be NBA bound by now, his self confessed dream since he was a kid.

The only part of your post that makes sense is the last part, sure Wilson would have more value next year. However we have SF Harrington and SF Gallinari already battling for minutes at the spot, we can resign Harrington for a low amount in 2010 and have a very decent pair of 3's. Chandler is great and I like him a lot but Rubio is a need and a very promising player, more so than Chandler.

I don't understand why the Twolves would want to trade Foye (restricted FA after 2010) for Wilson Chandler (restricted FA after 2010)..Foye probably has better upside too.

Waiting 2 years for Rubio is worst case scenario. I'm sure they would rather him come over this year and trade either him or Flynn. Either way they win though. If Rubio stays in Europe they aren't forced to make a trade. Once he does come they can make a trade to better fit them 2,3,4 years down the road unlike what Foye would bring in return.

I don't agree about signing Harrington for a low amount in 2010..I don't know about you guys, but I don't like Harrington starting at PF, and I doubt he will want to stay to come of the bench in favor of Gallinari. I think its safe to say this is his last year with the team.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting

"I don’t see Rubio being that dynamic player now. I think he’s got a lot of potential. He’s a very flashy player. He has a great mind for the game, and he’s a terrific passer. I don’t see him, just physically, and because he doesn’t shoot the ball very well, I don’t see him having an impact as a rookie. I think he’s more of a project – a build-around franchise point guard – so I would put him down there below those other guys."

I guess you lose points for playing the race card (although you may have a point) but the Jonas Brothers hair cut was a funny ass line. :teeth:

On one hand it's good that a white kid gets compared to a great. Remember back in the day everyone from Vince Carter to Grant Hill and even Latrel Spreewell were compared to Michael Jordan. The shit was kind of insulting. I think there's a lot of Rubio hype but we can't have it both ways. He's got some nice passes and if he proves to be a bust then ESPN analysts will once again lose credibility. All B.S. aside, I'd rather have Curry but I like the idea of Rubio in a Knicks uniform.

Wolvesfan

Rookie
this is not the the kevin mcfail forum sir.he ****ed you in th ass for his old buddy.
Nope, this is the Isiah Thomass forum cutie. You got ****ed as well. The only difference being that McFail probably has a smaller penis than Thomas. Damn your lucky. I'm jealous.

Wolvesfan

Rookie
this is not the the kevin mcfail forum sir.he ****ed you in th ass for his old buddy.
Nope, this is the Isiah Thomass forum cutie. You got ****ed as well. The only difference being that McFail probably has a smaller penis than Thomas. Damn your lucky. I'm jealous.