Official Rubio Rumormill

ANU

Starter
Nope, this is the Isiah Thomass forum cutie. You got ****ed as well. The only difference being that McFail probably has a smaller penis than Thomas. Damn your lucky. I'm jealous.
you wen't from 15 years of mcfail to getting kahn'd the minute he's gone by a former journalist that sounds like richard simmons, who knows just as much about being a gm as bush did about being leader. "thompson" is at fiu.
you're reaching.but you're good at that. i don't swing that way though.you don't care about rubio getting traded, so what is the ****ing point of you being here?please exit your pathetic ass from this forum.go plow some snow, you stupid useless, faggot.

Wolvesfan

Rookie
Wow, someones daddy stuck it a bit to far in when he was a child. The funny thing is the snow part. I'm no meteorologist but I believe that New York gets snow as well.

By the way, internet bullys are a huge turn on for me. Can I get your number big tough boy. I would give you better head than your daddy.

smokes

Huge Member
Wow, someones daddy stuck it a bit to far in when he was a child. The funny thing is the snow part. I'm no meteorologist but I believe that New York gets snow as well.

By the way, internet bullys are a huge turn on for me. Can I get your number big tough boy. I would give you better head than your daddy.

In all honesty, I dunno what you expect when you come to a Knicks forum where everyone is hating on the Wolves right now. Then start talking about how it's a good decision to let a young potential star who a lot of people have been looking forward to see play in the NBA go back to Spain for 2 years and rot in the ACB.

You must have some desire to be abused.

Wolvesfan

Rookie
Nope. I just think he should play for who drafted him. If the wolves don't put their foot down this will open a floodgate. The Bucks held their ground with Yi and they got what they wanted. The Wolves will do the same. I see nothing wrong with that.

smokes

Huge Member
Offers Pouring In For Rubio

Ricky Rubio has become the most sought after player in the NBA.

Executives across the league are flooding Timberwolves president David Kahn's office with calls offering trades for Rubio.

The Wolves, however, are in no hurry to trade Rubio.

"The last thing we needed to do was be demanding and assertive. Not now," Kahn said. "I don't know how this is going to play out. There could be a lot of twists and turns. But I don't feel any self-imposed pressure that this needs to be resolved or concluded in any short fashion."

Yeah really sounds a lot like he cares about letting a young player know what's going to happen about his future. It's a two-way street, everyone knew Rubio's buyout situation before the draft and that if he was drafted low to a small market that he won't be able to afford his buyout.

Kahn is a douche, bottom line.

Wolvesfan

Rookie
If he wasn't fully ready for the draft he shouldn't of entered it. He could of played out his contract, then came to the NBA but he didn't. Thats what the draft is for. The bad teams are supposed to take the best players to make them better. If these teams cannot do this, then whats the point of the draft?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I just hate the thought that so many other teams have so much to offer comparatively. The Suns have Amar'e for instance, the Clippers have B Diddy, we have bugger all. Kahn is a dipshit, but if he's gonna save himself from a nut crushing, he'll wanna come away with the best he can get.

That's not gonna be anything from the Knicks.

The Suns can offer a lot with Shaq gone.

Stat, Nash, Amundson

For

Rubio, Jefferson,Thomas, Cardinal

It's only a million difference if Rubio's 1st season is worth $2m.

And the Stat 4 Jefferson has already been proposed.

We'll never get Rubio. We just don't have enough chips.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I dunno!? It's still Amar'e....

Still, it was just an example of trade offers that shit all over anything we can put out there.

I wouldn't do it, but kahn's obviously a total downer.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I just hate the thought that so many other teams have so much to offer comparatively. The Suns have Amar'e for instance, the Clippers have B Diddy, we have bugger all. Kahn is a dipshit, but if he's gonna save himself from a nut crushing, he'll wanna come away with the best he can get.

That's not gonna be anything from the Knicks.

The Suns can offer a lot with Shaq gone.

Stat, Nash, Amundson

For

Rubio, Jefferson,Thomas, Cardinal

It's only a million difference if Rubio's 1st season is worth $2m.

And the Stat 4 Jefferson has already been proposed.

We'll never get Rubio. We just don't have enough chips.

The wolves would be retarded for trading their entire future for washed up/injury prone older players. That deal never gets done...well Kahn is an idiot so.... Anyway, the Knicks can offer much more than that IMO.

ANU

Starter
matter fact, i take back what i said about kahn.he knows what he's doing.he knows he's ruining a young man's career for the sake of some shit franchise that no one with half a brain would play for unless they where forced too by that fat commie stern.

everyone knows that he's got a six million dollar buy out.what teams in the lotto could afford that?none.what teams would be the best destination because of the endorsements opportunities? clippers, knicks, raptors.

I'm pretty sure nelson would have passed on him cause curry is his kinda player.so had kahn passed on him and gone derozan/flynn, everybody would have thought that's a great draft.rubio would have fallen onto the knicks lap.
it would have been an unspoken agreement within the league, because the resolution nyk could provide becuase of the market.

yeah, he knows what he's doing.teams aint trading for a guy who won't go play for em.but your man's a genius.so he'll figure it out. :teeth: seriously, minnesota looks beautiful.go outside.smh at this troll.

Last edited:

Wolvesfan

Rookie
Latest rumors have Nate walking, and Lee signing elsewhere. You guys have absolutely zero ammo if that happens. Even if that doesn't happen you still don't have the guns. I bet Cuban would love to have Rubio, and has more to offer.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Latest rumors have Nate walking, and Lee signing elsewhere. You guys have absolutely zero ammo if that happens. Even if that doesn't happen you still don't have the guns. I bet Cuban would love to have Rubio, and has more to offer.

Welcome to the basketball bizarro world know as KO.com, where has-beens(Starbury), and never-will be's(Rubio), are coveted hall of famers. I personally don't covet or care if Rubio ever wears Knicks blue and orange. D'antoni already has his godson for a pet project. We don't need another. But if you want the Big Cock(Gallinari), maybe we can talk.

mafra

Legend

MINNY already dealt Calethis to DAL. They drafted a French PG as well. Why would they want Rubio?

Looks like Kahn felt like Curry, HIll, Henderson and the rest weren't worthy, and felt he could get more by holding on to a guy like Rubio and deal him ina year or so.

VERY RISKY. Lots can happen in 18-24 months.... Not sure Jefferson is going to appreciate that- his GM trying to build for 2013.

More realistic- Kahn felt like he could get more trading Rubio then he could by drafting a player there at 5. You do not deal Miller-Foye to draft a guy who might come play in 2-3 years?

Question now is who/what? Still have to feel with Kahn's ties with Walsh, there may be a match.... Maybe it takes a 3 way trade? Who knows.

I can see Knicks signing Kidd and trading for Rubio.....

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Imagine...the Timberwolves could've had themselves a backcourt of DeMar DeRozan and Jonny Flynn (or Curry and Flynn), and they decided to throw their eggs in the Rubio basket instead...

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/07/02/freeagency.update/index.html

0702_rubio_story.jpg

There are reports that Ricky Rubio will be playing in Spain for the next two years.
Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE via Getty Images

NBA.com Notebook: Rubio reportedly staying in Spain

By John Schuhmann and Art Garcia, NBA.com and David Aldridge, TNT analyst
Posted Jul 2 2009 9:48PM

<!-- START 'inlineAds : default' FILE: /.element/ssi/story/1.0/news/features/.branding/default/inlineAds.html -->IS IT THE WEATHER, THE PLAYING TIME OR THE BUYOUT?

That's the follow-up question we all want to know the answer to after hearing a report from El Periodico, a Barcelona newspaper, that Ricky Rubio will complete his contract with DKV Joventut and play the next two seasons in Spain, rather than come to the NBA.

The Timberwolves gave up two starters to get the fifth pick in this year's Draft. Now, they've got nothing to show for it, unless you think Oleksiy Pecherov, Darius Songaila or Etan Thomas are going to make an impact this season. Rubio may eventually play in Minnesota, but at this point, this is looking like a Fran Vazquez situation and David Kahn isn't looking like much of an improvement over Kevin McHale.

Of the three possible obstacles keeping Rubio out of a Timberwolves uniform, the most likely factor is the buyout, reported to be $6 million. Whenever (or if) he comes to the NBA, the 18-year old point guard is set to only make $5.7 million in his first two seasons combined.

Before the Draft, Rubio said that it was his dream to play in the NBA and he was willing to do that for free, as long as knew he would be getting enough playing time. But when the Timberwolves selected Syracuse's Jonny Flynn right after Rubio, playing time became a big question and Rubio was admittedly perplexed as he made his way around the media circuit at Madison Square Garden. And of course, after he was selected, Rubio didn't exactly say that the Minnesota weather would not be a concern. So what's keeping Rubio in Spain? Maybe it's a combination of the three. No matter what, the Timberwolves and their fans will have to wait ... and hope Rubio eventually makes it over.
-- John Schuhmann