Kiyaman's favorite time of the year...Official 2009 Summer League Thread

the portable man

Benchwarmer
douglas @ point is mediocre offensively, but really good on defense

nate is still a much better option @ runnin team in all aspects

jordan hill is killin it, hasheem cant block his shit

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Toney Douglas is definitely showing some more than Jordan Hill. Jordan Hill, at 8th pick he should be slaming that ball right in that court. He is considered one of the best big man in the draft. I do not see that in this first game.

Tsikishvili has impressed me a lot. The things he showed today is what we need at center. Block shots, make nice passes, and hit threes. WOW.

Also, Maurice Almond is showing that he can be a good player. Those 1 0r 2 spots that knicks have for players to sign I would definiely sing Tsikishvili.

p.s. If i was Donnie Walsh I would just start talking about Buying Curry out because he is worth nothing. Absolutely nothing.

NYK4Life

Rookie
11 assists and zero turnovers for Toney. He looked comfortable running the team too. It's early and only summer league but I became more optimistic that he can play PG.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
11 assists and zero turnovers for Toney. He looked comfortable running the team too. It's early and only summer league but I became more optimistic that he can play PG.

Toney Douglas is better than Chris Duhon. He is definitely the steal of the draft. I just hope Hill will get the NBA game quickly and become an elite PF.

Kiyaman

Legend
T.D (Douglas) was our most impressive player on the court.

Hill is a NBA ready "hustler" who will get better in the paint with playingtime.

Tskitsvili better make the team, he showed impressive signs of being that C/F that Hill & Curry will need next season.

Carter hustling on both sides of the floor have to be refine with a jumper.

Almond scoring with no passing skillz, no defense is still questionable.
One would've thought Almond had the skillz to take control of this SLG with PG-Ahearn and C-Sene on the court with him.

I liked Ron Howard better than Alamond and Crawford

Who was #14 ???

Last edited:

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'd prefer Hill to finish around the basket with more authority. He needs to get a better feel for his strong spots around the paint. He made a couple nice moves but he still seems a bit raw. There is a possibility that he will not start over Harrington right away so don't be surprised. Also, i'd like to see Hill add about 25 lbs to his frame because he will understand the difference between these guys and players like Howard and Stoudemire in the paint.

TD was more impressive with his passing ability and ZERO turnovers. He didn't shoot the ball particularly well but we all know scoring is his strength so his PG play was the real story.

TD and JH are the only players that matter. Anyone else that happens to make the team from this league will get minimal playing time at best.

metrocard

Legend
I'm not really sold on Skita yet...he always been a good summerleague guy...hes the least efficient lottery pick of all time and one of the worst to ever step foot into the NBA.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Skita has plenty of skill but it just doesn't translate into the NBA. That may be how Milicic's career ends up too.

metrocard

Legend
Jordan should be atleast dominating the boards.

I just hope he shows up to games, sometimes I feel he disappears and its hard to find his presence or impact...kinda like Tim Thomas.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
man this summer league team ****in sucks. douglas is shootin like 20% in 3 games, no wonder his assists are standing out. the knicks dont need a ****in passer, they need someone who can knock down open shots. yall think duhon or N8 can't spot someone comin off a screen of findin an open guy lurkin somewhere? get real. and hill is soft as shit. he's barely bangin inside. plus u don't go 2 for 11 or w/e it was in game 3 as a big man. that's unacceptable. if anthony morrow can go 18 for 26 and hit 7 three's, u better make at least half ur shots IN THE PHUCKIN POST FOR PHUCKS SAKE, don't matter if kevin garnett or gary coleman is on u.

this team gets worse game by game

TunerAddict

Starter
man this summer league team ****in sucks. douglas is shootin like 20% in 3 games, no wonder his assists are standing out. the knicks dont need a ****in passer, they need someone who can knock down open shots. yall think duhon or N8 can't spot someone comin off a screen of findin an open guy lurkin somewhere? get real. and hill is soft as shit. he's barely bangin inside. plus u don't go 2 for 11 or w/e it was in game 3 as a big man. that's unacceptable. if anthony morrow can go 18 for 26 and hit 7 three's, u better make at least half ur shots IN THE PHUCKIN POST FOR PHUCKS SAKE, don't matter if kevin garnett or gary coleman is on u.

this team gets worse game by game

He has yet to do so consistently so far in his career....so no

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Hill will be a bench player. I knew that when we drafted him. I hope he proves me wrong but I just don't see anything special about him. Atleast Gallo had 1 really good game in Summer Leagues last year. That game screwed up his entire season but atleast he looked good. Hill just looks lost out there. Another lottery pick turned bench player. That seems to be a pattern for us.

metrocard

Legend
Hill will be a bench player. I knew that when we drafted him. I hope he proves me wrong but I just don't see anything special about him. Atleast Gallo had 1 really good game in Summer Leagues last year. That game screwed up his entire season but atleast he looked good. Hill just looks lost out there. Another lottery pick turned bench player. That seems to be a pattern for us.

Eh...
when LT4 is pessimistic, you know we're in trouble.
Jordan Hill needs a new brain and heart. The body, skills and talent are there, but he plays with a Wilson Chandler demeanor.

Kiyaman

Legend

How many of the first 30 picks in this 2009 draft class will start one game next season? let's think logical!

U shouldnt have went there.....Gallo played like an absolute BUM his first 24 minutes of the game comitting turnover after turnover. The only player that had any confidence in Gallo was Mardy Collins who stop feeding the scoring Chandler & Anthony Roberson in the 2nd half of the game to work on a pick n roll with Gallo.
Gallo only played 6 decent minutes of B-Ball (scoring only) in that summer league game, and that was after he ran into a Truck.

Jordan Hill has been showing all kinds of athletic talent down-low in the paint in Vegas. U put Hill skillz n talents in the gym with Nate, Chandler, and Lee guidance in some scrimmage-games and u have a rookie player that will make very little mistake in his 24 minutes of playingtime this season.

T.D. Douglas must run in alot of scrimage-games this summer with speedy Nate to improve his IQ of being a combo-guard in the NBA.

For those who think Nate is not a natural-PG should watch him perform....if your shot is not there do not expect Nate to throw u the ball no matter how open u are. Players like Q.Richardson, Malik, Taylor, Jefferies, and Jerome James knew that Nate would never pass them the ball, that is why the lockerroom rumor of Nate need to mature never bothered me when I seen Nate chose to take the beating of taking the ball to the hoop than pass to certain players that came off the bench with him.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
With all due respect Kiya, your analysis is out of whack. The words Nate, natural PG and IQ should never be in the same sentence.

Where the hell did you get the theory Q Rich, Malik, Taylor(??) and Jerome James starting rumors about how Nate is immature because he wouldn't pass them the ball because Nate, in all his wisdom, knew they couldn't score.

Sometimes I wonder if you're drunk when you post. And after that retarded post, we're supposed to take your Hill and Gallo analysis seriously?

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Caught most of the second half on NBA TV last night. Toney Douglas is nice!!! He has good all-round game and showed he could knock down shots as well as get to the hole. Hill's game I liked as well. If Gallo can't stay on the court or Lee is gone, Hill will fill in nicely. I like the fact he will face up or play with his back the goal and has the quickness to get to the rack. I would like to see him finish stronger, but that will come. If Hill can develop a mid-range jumper, he will be a very effective NBA scorer. I like both of our draft picks this year so far.