In all honesty. Can we get Rubio?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Just wanna know who thinks it's a real, high percentage chance that Donnie can trade for Rubio. I've long given up.

Think about what we have to offer and what the Wolves need.

I know there's a specific Rubio thread, but this is aimed specifically at whether or not people think it's actually going to happen.

With 2 days left and some very dull rumors to go by, I'm gonna say there's a 20% chance at best.

smokes

Huge Member
We have Wilson Chandler, they need Wilson Chandler. Yes we can get him. Will we get him? Who knows, Donnie is not likely to give up too much.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
It aint happening. Rubio will stay in Europe. What a shame. A non-aggressive Donnie Walsh + a douchebag Kahn = Rubio in Europe.

portega1968

El Cacique
like the Prophet Gordon Sumner said:

If you need somebody, call my name
If you want someone, you can do the same
If you want to keep something precious
You got to lock it up and throw away the key
If you want to hold onto your possession
Don't even think about me

If you love somebody, set them free

let him go... he's destined to be a Knick sooner or later.. for now, Id rather talk about the players we already have on the roster and the upcoming free agency/summer league, etc.

bfab99

Benchwarmer
to be honest, in my opinion, we SHOULD be going for Stephen Curry instead of Rubio. Dude wanted to play for us so badly. You saw his reaction when G-State picked him?! He was shaking his head in disbelief and disappointment. He had to be professional though and don't say stupid shit. We should go talk to G-State. I bet they'd take take and/or Nate w/ out asking for W Chandler. Then we get what MOST KNICK fans wanted in Stephen Curry. G-State and Don Nelson won't do anything w/ Curry. They dumbasses with how they run things there.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Nelson already said that Curry wasn't going to be traded. Don't get me wrong I'd love to deal Lee + Nate for Curry...I'd deal Lee + Nate for anybody since they probably won't be on this team in the long run anyway...but I don't think it'll happen. If GS wouldn't give up Curry to get Amare, then they're not giving up Curry to get David Lee or Nate Robinson, or even both of them.

mafra

Legend
Nelson already said that Curry wasn't going to be traded. Don't get me wrong I'd love to deal Lee + Nate for Curry...I'd deal Lee + Nate for anybody since they probably won't be on this team in the long run anyway...but I don't think it'll happen. If GS wouldn't give up Curry to get Amare, then they're not giving up Curry to get David Lee or Nate Robinson, or even both of them.

Nelson sticks it to NY and steals Curry? LOL... good, I hope he trades half his team for Amare.... We'll just stick it to him and sign him next year.

What comes around goes Around Nellie!

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
I'll say 90% chance Rubio ends in New York! Kahn and Walsh are buddies and Rubio wants to play for us to help his buyout clause (6 million if I'm correct, with Knicks able to cover half a million). There is no way Kahn trades him to another GM when the one that got him in the NBA was Donnie. We need a point guard and they need the cap room for veteran help right away since having Jefferson there for the next 4 seasons you take advantage of that. We'll give them Mobley's insured contract and a pick plus Chandler and that would do it. Kahn hasn't even hired a coach, doesn't have a plan! What is he gonna wait two years holding Rubio's rights while not getting nothing in return? This has to be the worst GM in all of sports, I'm stunned as I was on draft day by him picking 4 point guards in one draft and 3 in one round.

Why wait two years to get something for him? Get something now that could help the growth of their young players, for example Torkoglu. The notion is absurd and embarrassing for the fans that buy it. Rubio will be a freaking Knick!

Last edited:

ANU

Starter
i think its possible with another team.but this kahn guy is crazy annoying.
maybe the thunder with jeff green (sf a need for the t-huahua's and he's young) s&t lee to okc, and nyk receives rubio.maybe you add a couple other things.but it can be done.nyk is the best option for rubio.point blank.buy out wise, etc.only boston,chicago, the clippers, and the lakers.
if they can find a better offer, fantastic.

smokes

Huge Member
Lakers need a PG but they won't trust a championship franchise to a rookie, no way.

Rest of the teams are not that much in the market for a PG so NYC is where it's at.

Lakers need a PG but they won't trust a championship franchise to a rookie, no way.

Rest of the teams are not that much in the market for a PG so NYC is where it's at.

What the hell are you talking about

the lakers are the only team in the league who dont need anything lol

they just won the championship, and still have their core in tact, yea ariza blah blah, odom blah blah, they need to sign those guys before they need a pg, all the lakers need is a guy to bring the ball up the court and knock down open shots int he triangle, getting a premeir ball controlling point guard has never NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER BEEN
a recipe for success in phil jackson offensive philosphy, he likes spot up shooting pg's or big guards who can handle the rock ala ron harper set up besides jordan, then kobe.

players like jordan, and now kobe would be annoyed by a guy like kidd or rubio who dominate the basketball, it would sound nice on paper, and they would still be a very dominant basketball team, but chemistry wise phil likes low profile pg's who can shoot the rock so that the offense is still in the hands of his best player.

bj armstrong
b hanson
j paxson
r harper
derek fisher
steve kerr
j farmar

every one of those players never made an all star team under phil jackson except bj armstrong made is in 93-94 the year jordan didnt play.

smokes

Huge Member
What the hell are you talking about

the lakers are the only team in the league who dont need anything lol

they just won the championship, and still have their core in tact, yea ariza blah blah, odom blah blah, they need to sign those guys before they need a pg, all the lakers need is a guy to bring the ball up the court and knock down open shots int he triangle, getting a premeir ball controlling point guard has never NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER BEEN
a recipe for success in phil jackson offensive philosphy, he likes spot up shooting pg's or big guards who can handle the rock ala ron harper set up besides jordan, then kobe.

players like jordan, and now kobe would be annoyed by a guy like kidd or rubio who dominate the basketball, it would sound nice on paper, and they would still be a very dominant basketball team, but chemistry wise phil likes low profile pg's who can shoot the rock so that the offense is still in the hands of his best player.

bj armstrong
b hanson
j paxson
r harper
derek fisher
steve kerr
j farmar

every one of those players never made an all star team under phil jackson except bj armstrong made is in 93-94 the year jordan didnt play.

Yeah you might be right, what I meant was it wouldn't hurt them with an upgrade at the point. Fisher is getting on and Shannon Brown is not exactly amazing. Wasn't really considering their whole package and coaching etc, I honestly couldn't give two shits about the fakers anyway.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
to be honest, in my opinion, we SHOULD be going for Stephen Curry instead of Rubio. Dude wanted to play for us so badly. You saw his reaction when G-State picked him?! He was shaking his head in disbelief and disappointment. He had to be professional though and don't say stupid shit. We should go talk to G-State. I bet they'd take take and/or Nate w/ out asking for W Chandler. Then we get what MOST KNICK fans wanted in Stephen Curry. G-State and Don Nelson won't do anything w/ Curry. They dumbasses with how they run things there.

YES BROTHER!
PREACH THE GOSPEL!
GO TELL IT ON A MOUNTAIN!!!!

Nelson is one of the worse coaches in the league right now. He's getting old and can't relate to young player. But unfortunately I truly doubt he will trade Curry, as specially not for Nate.

Kahn is just being an ass. Rubio doesn't want to be there, his family doesn't want him there, he's just ****ing around to get the best offer.

David Kahn from Associated Press Press interview said:
"We're starting to I hope accumulate value, not just in the form of players, but draft picks and cap room, that's valuable too," Kahn said. "So yeah, I like value."
Maybe this means that Kahn will be willing to take Mobley's contract and Lee for Rubio? The trade will happen. It's just a matter of time.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting

YES BROTHER!
PREACH THE GOSPEL!
GO TELL IT ON A MOUNTAIN!!!!

Nelson is one of the worse coaches in the league right now. He's getting old and can't relate to young player. But unfortunately I truly doubt he will trade Curry, as specially not for Nate.

Kahn is just being an ass. Rubio doesn't want to be there, his family doesn't want him there, he's just ****ing around to get the best offer.

David Kahn from Associated Press Press interview said:
"We're starting to I hope accumulate value, not just in the form of players, but draft picks and cap room, that's valuable too," Kahn said. "So yeah, I like value."
Maybe this means that Kahn will be willing to take Mobley's contract and Lee for Rubio? The trade will happen. It's just a matter of time.

Knicks should get Jason Kid just to low ball Kahn.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If he wants Cap Room and/or more money he can have Cuttino Mobley's contract...that's like a free 8 million dollar pass for your team

bfab99

Benchwarmer
it's funny I read articles on how Donnie Walsh will talk to Kahn about the Rubio and Flynn drafting. He's gonna go ask Kahn "Why did you do that?" Shiiit, go to Oakland, Donnie, bitchslap Don Nelson then ask him "Why did you do that?" referring to drafting Curry, knowing that NEW YORK WANTED CURRY, CURRY WANTED NEW YORK! Curry didn't even workout for the Warriors predraft which only adds insult.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Well, how would we trade for Curry? If Larry Riley was willing to screw us over by giving us Curry and isn't willing to deal him for Amare, what makes us think we can get Curry? We have no player that's as good as Amare...

ANU

Starter

i meant the teams that rubio could only afford to play for because of endorsement deals in those media markets.